main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation Will (Insert Character Name Here) Be in Episode VII?

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Jordan1Kenobi , Oct 31, 2012.

1. bluemilkcheesypuffs77

bluemilkcheesypuffs77 Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 5, 2012
    Just because the first half of your name is a deity doesn't give you god-like powers to tell me what I can talk about and where.

On another point do you think the big 3 will still want chewie around? Luke will probably look after the Jedi academy on yavin 4 and leia and han will want their own time together and not being interrupted by a walking carpet. Unless leia and Han are into that thing...

2. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    Yeah, because people won't be laughing themselves silly - I poked through VP in a bookstore because I was seriously thinking 'NFW did they do that - drop a moon on him....' until I actually read it [face_rofl]

3. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    He sacrificed himself to save Han Solo's son Anakin. He stood defiant until the end against a moon. What can be more epic or emotional than that? Also we can't forget Han's reaction after that. Truly heartbreaking. Nothing mortal can kill him so why not a moon?

4. DarthBreezy

Jun 4, 2002
    Heartbreakingly AWFUL...

and [face_rofl]

5. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    Emotionally heartbreaking to me at least. How would you rather have him die?

6. DarthBreezy

Jun 4, 2002
    With dignity intact.

7. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    :confused: Saving the son of the person you have a life debt to so that said son can save the man you have a life debt too is not dignified? Besides he stood his ground until the end. He did not bow to the pressure of the gravity. He stood tall to the end.

8. DarthBreezy

Jun 4, 2002
    Covering a turd in whipped cream and chocolate still doesn't make it a sundae...

9. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    Chewie did what his life debt told him to. Save Han and Anakin. Do you think Chewie would have wanted Han and Anakin to die with him? No. He did not. He would have wanted Han and Anakin to live. He gave his life so that Anakin and Han could live. He fulfilled his life debt to Han.

10. MillionthVoice

MillionthVoice Jedi Master star 3

Jan 28, 2013
    Considering what later happened to young mr Anakin, Chewie's sacrifice is ultimately somewhat undermined, when all is said and done.
    Especially if you consider the franchise perspective rather than the character perspective.

11. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    Let's be honest, you were never going to say it was good, even if you thought so, were you?

12. Buddha Fett

Buddha Fett Force Ghost star 4

Dec 18, 1999
    The forum rules say otherwise.

From the EU thread posted above:

"-This is the official Expanded Universe and the Sequel Trilogy thread. This is the only thread in the Episode VII forum where the Expanded Universe can be discussed. Any other threads will be locked; any posts outside of this thread will be deleted or edited. Repeat offenders will be banned."

13. DarthBreezy

Jun 4, 2002
    If I actually thought it was good, I would say so, either in story or execution. I don't blindly hate the EU and every single thing that comes out of it, but I did read that section to see what the fuss was about, and gave my honest opinion. Not even a thousand pages of exposition could redeem that particular stinker.

lbr789 and Darth Chiznuk like this.
  14. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    At least both deaths were better than Mara's death in Sacrifice. That one was bad. Chewie's death allowed Anakin to be the hero for a bit and give hope to the people and the Jedi Order.

15. Leias_Left_Bun

Leias_Left_Bun Jedi Master star 4

Feb 18, 2013
    Not only do I think Chewie will be in Episode VII, I'm starting to think he will be in all three movies of the new trilogy.

Wookies supposedly have a lifespan of several hundred years, so EU aside, it should be no problem for Chewie to survive another 30-50 years or so. Regardless of whether or not Luke has a child, there's an extremely high probability that one of Han and Leia's children will be among the main leads. I should think Chewbacca would keep associating with the Solo family for as long as he's alive. Even if Han and Leia both die in the first movie, Chewie could be a sidekick for their kid(s). Provides some continuity and keeps a fan-favorite character around, so why not?

16. CGI-BOBAFENT

CGI-BOBAFENT Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 5, 2002

Agreed, I'm really hoping of all the OT characters it's Chewie that sticks around. Clone Wars showed how he can still work as a great character independently of Han and alongside a younger female lead. Hope if we do get Solos daughter/granddaughter that he comes along for the ride.

[​IMG]

17. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    I liked seeing Chewie in TCW. I was not bothered by that one.

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  18. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Unless Chewie dies with Han (I still get the feeling Ford is gonna get his death scene he wanted decades ago) I can totally see him being a sidekick for the main protagonists. Hell, he'll probably end up having more screentime in the entire ST than Luke!

19. jedimikey

jedimikey Jedi Padawan star 2

Oct 21, 2012
    Quite so! Chewbacca was born around 200 BBY, and barring disease or death in battle (or Dovin Basal moon ;) ), he could live to be 400 plus.

Although Chewie isn't as important to me as he obviously is to you, I wouldn't be surprised if the rumors about Mayhew signing up for the ST are true. That'd be just like LFL...jeeze, how's Leland going to explain that? :D :D

20. Leias_Left_Bun

Leias_Left_Bun Jedi Master star 4

Feb 18, 2013
    And the thing is, much as I hate to say it, they don't even really need Mayhew. Chewie's voice is fabricated and any really tall guy can wear that suit. But of course Peter should get first crack at the role if Chewie does return.

It's not like Chewbacca's dialogue would be difficult to write, or he's gonna take a lot of lines away from the main characters. A "raarghhh!" here and a couple of howls there, and we're good to go. :D

21. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    Any notable EU you like (TCW excluded)? I'm not baiting, just curious; you seem to be someone who hates all EU.

22. Samayel_

Samayel_ Jedi Master star 2

Sep 26, 2012
    LFL messed with this
    [​IMG]
    and this
    [​IMG]
    Please don´t mess with this...
    [​IMG]
    [face_praying][face_praying][face_praying][face_praying][face_praying][face_praying][face_praying]

23. DarthBreezy

Jun 4, 2002
    Stover - the Shadows of Mindor I bought in Hardback (along with his Rot) - I picked up Shatterpoint when it became a TPB. I still have all three. Dark Lord was ok, and I read Labyrinth of Evil after buying a 'screener's copy (pre-published off Ebay) - Tatooine Ghost should have been written after Sith had been released. I've dabbled in the Legacy era and Dark Times a bit (Dark Horse) and keep an eye out for The Han Solo Adventures in thrift stores. Every other EU novel I've peek at as either left me 'meh', or laughing (Vector Prime) or [face_sick] (CotJ was so awful, I left it with the garbage after a few attempts to get past the horrible grammar.)

JackG and DARTHSHAME like this.
  24. fenton

fenton Jedi Master star 4

Nov 29, 2001
    They are most likely going too.

25. Samayel_

Samayel_ Jedi Master star 2

Sep 26, 2012
    it wouldn´t surprise me at all, but that´s why im asking please not to do that.... there´s anything left for an EU fan?