main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub Obi-Wan Kenobi: v4 Fan Club a/k/a Appreciation Society

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Valairy Scot, Sep 4, 2012.

1. Eryndil

Eryndil Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 18, 2012
    My Top Ten (in two posts due to number of pics) :)

1. The duel with Grievous (everything from "Hello there" to "so uncivilised"!)
    [​IMG]

2. Bantering with Anakin on the Invisible Hand
    [​IMG]

3. The 'poster boy' conversation
    [​IMG]

4. Leaping from the starfighter on the Invisible Hand
    [​IMG]

5. Geonosis arena battle
    [​IMG]

darthwannobi, laloga and obimom like this.
  2. Eryndil

Dec 18, 2012
    6. Obi & Qui slicing droids in Theed
    [​IMG]

7. Leaping out of the window!
    [​IMG]

8. The duel with Darth Maul
    [​IMG]

9. Duel on Mustafar
    [​IMG]

10. Birth of Luke & Leia
    [​IMG]

laloga and obimom like this.
  3. ruth baulding

ruth baulding Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 3, 2012
    better than a jaffa cake....

4. Eryndil

Dec 18, 2012
    But is it as good as dark chocolate with caramel and sea salt?

Oh, I like this new method of measuring comparative quality. The chocolate scale of goodness :)

5. obimom

obimom Jedi Master star 4

Oct 31, 2010
    Very nice pics, Eryndil, where did you get some of those shots?

I love the Geonosis battle (the hair tossed rough and tumble oh so sexy look of our Obi-Wan as he's killing monsters and fighting droids...[face_love]

Also the duel with Darth Maul, and the death scene with Qui-Gon

The duel with Grevious (Yes, agreed, from "Hello there" (love that) to "so uncivilized")

The meeting with Dex at the diner

The wet fight against Fett...you know the one...an dhim hanging by a thread...

so many more...probably basically any SW scene with Obi-Wan in it is my favorite scene...:p

Like others, I have been known to ignore the movie (mainly because I've seen them so many times) when it's playing on TV until Obi-Wan is in it again..then it has my full attention...

6. Eryndil

Dec 18, 2012
    The pics are a mixture of ones I found on the Internet and some that I capped from the DVDs recently.

Those are good scenes that you mentioned, and I love the description 'the wet fight' ;)

7. roguegirl

roguegirl Jedi Master star 4

Aug 29, 2001
    hey,guys,sorry for my absence,my sister was sick so her wifi device had been off the whole timr.she's okey now.been reading Wild
    Space while minding our retail store.

question:is Ewan in the movie Jack the Giant Slayer?it looks like him.no mistaking the Obiwan look.

8. serendipityaey

serendipityaey Jedi Master star 4

Jan 24, 2004
    Yes he is, and he was absolutely fantastic in it. I've fallen in love all over again.

laloga likes this.
  9. naw ibo

naw ibo Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 18, 1999
    I like all those scenes(been busy in RL just thought I'd pop in though). I have to admit Obi-Wan jumping out the window after the Assassin droid has always been a favorite. It's just...SO insane. I love it because it's such an insane thing to do and he doesn't even think think twice about it. But it's all in a good way, to me.

Eryndil likes this.
  10. ruth baulding

Sep 3, 2012
    Absolutely agreed! What makes it better is that he says he "hates it when (Anakin) does that" when Anakin dives out of a vehicle. Hellooo, Master Kenobi - YOU just went through a window about two hundred stories above ground level. No wonder Anakin is a reckless maniac.... I'm telling you, the Padawan gets the blame but the master is absolutely a bad example.

Eryndil and obimom like this.
  11. obimom

obimom Jedi Master star 4

Oct 31, 2010

So True...

I can't wait to see Jack the Giant Slayer...

I looks like a lot of fun.

The Impossible has been playing the last several weeks in a theatre about 30 min. away...but I'll likely still have to wait till it goes to DVD from the Library (or on demand if the timing works right.).

12. serendipityaey

Jan 24, 2004
    Oh! At one point Ewan's character, Elmont, said I've got a bad feeling about this :D The wording was a teensy bit different, but I can't remember exactly. I thought it was brilliant, though even more so if Ewan ad-libbed it :) It gave me a huge smile

laloga and obimom like this.
  13. laloga

laloga Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 28, 2011
    Yes! That was *awesome!* I squee'd out loud in the theater! [face_love]:D:p

serendipityaey likes this.
  14. roguegirl

Aug 29, 2001
    i thought so.looking forward to watching that.

Obiwan running out the window must have caught Anakin by surprise.read my second signature.:)

15. Veloz

Veloz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 30, 2004
  16. serendipityaey

Jan 24, 2004
    I very nearly squee'd! Lol. I think I giggled, and my heart gave a little flutter [face_love]

laloga likes this.
  17. hlc88

hlc88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Yes but don't be downhearted about it, we are still going to get new Clone Wars stuff ;) At least they aren't dumping what has already been made and locking it away, never to be seen again. It remains to be seen what we will get but I feel strangely optimistic that there might be more then people are expecting. I just hope it comes out on DVD/Blu-ray 'cos otherwise I might be stuck if they restrict it to only living in the US which I do not want...

18. Veloz

Aug 30, 2004
    Yeah, the thing is who knows when and who knows how. And i also hope it's a medium that ALL of us can have access to, because i also live outside the USA and i dont wanna get screwed :(

19. ruth baulding

Sep 3, 2012
    Oh well.. Disney :mad:is a world-wide Empire, so I'm sure they will be sure to capitalize on the fact... it would be foolish to make the series non-available overseas. But outside an animated series, I can't imagine what this might be besides direct-to-DVD content or something.
    ??? Hm.

20. laloga

laloga Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 28, 2011
    I was actually excited to hear the news, odd as that may sound. TCW, while I love it, was bound to end eventually; as others have said, I'm glad that we'll get to see the rest of what they made at some point. I imagine it'll be on iTunes, just like all the other eps have been. Is iTunes available in other countries? (Forgive my ignorance!)

As far as the new series that was mentioned...I'm thrilled! Disney didn't spend four billion dollars on the rights to SW to shove it in the basement, and I'm excited to see what's to come. Yes, it will be sad not to see the characters we know and love (perhaps?), but there will be new folks' stories to follow, new planets to explore, new trials and tribulations to argue and debate about ad infinitum, as we SW fans love to do. :D

Any guesses on what "previously untouched" time period this new series will cover? My money's on either the Dark Times, or possibly the founding of the Jedi - waaaaaay long ago. :p

serendipityaey likes this.
  21. roguegirl

Aug 29, 2001
    Knight of the Old Republic would be nice.Cartoon Network here stopped showing TCW,so i'm looking forward to the dvd of season 4 & 5.
    let's see how they'll pull it off.does George Lucas have a say about Disney's plans for his brainchild?

22. Veloz

Aug 30, 2004
    I cant buy tv, music or movies through there (just crappy apps), so i really hope it isnt on iTunes lol.

I would think not, roguegirl.

23. hlc88

Sep 3, 2012
    The Clone Wars episodes are not on iTunes in the UK, only in the US. So I'll be very annoyed if they choose that route because they will be alienating fans who can't access that content.

24. Eryndil

Dec 18, 2012
    I think the older episodes are available but not the current series. Presumably, they'll be released later on.

25. hlc88

Sep 3, 2012
    Ok, I've just checked itunes UK... and they do have Clone Wars... they have Seasons 1 - 4 though. Not 5 since it hasn't aired here yet. Though I do wonder if it will...