main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph ABC's "Once Upon a Time"

Discussion in 'Community' started by Valyn, Mar 2, 2012.

1. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    I win.

AND the show covered my plot hole.

I am pleased.

2. Only-One Cannoli

Only-One Cannoli Ex-Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2003
    Intense episode. :( Was not expecting that TBH.

3. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    The car accident didn't do Rose McGowan any favors... except to make her look like a young Barbara Hershey!

And yeah, I've seen a lot of speculation go down as to what would happen but not what would happen, so there's that.

4. Only-One Cannoli

Aug 20, 2003
    That's who that was!!! I thought she looked familiar. What perfect casting for that role.

Ezio Skywalker and s65horsey like this.
  5. SoloKnight

SoloKnight Jedi Master star 4

Feb 13, 2003
    I think between this episode and last week, OUAT has gone from watch live to DVR and watch if I get around to it.

6. JediJainaJade

JediJainaJade Jedi Youngling

Mar 11, 2013
    Personally I wasn't that happy with the outcome. And what about that outsider? That is a dangling and very important story line I feel like

7. Only-One Cannoli

Aug 20, 2003
    Seasons not over

8. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    Good call to whoever made the Miller's Daughter connection way back when.

Bae and Gold's moment killed us. :( :(

s65horsey likes this.
  9. Katya Jade

Katya Jade Administrator Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 19, 2002
    Gold's goodbye to Belle was so sweet and his moment with Bae, I agree, was great.

Regina's going to be PISSSSSED! I was surprised Snow actually went through with it but I'm glad Cora was the one to die. I liked that Cora and Rumple had that backstory, made it more interesting.

So, now, we need to move on with this whole stranger in town deal - although I have a feeling that's what is going to be the huge deal for next season.

10. Ezio Skywalker

Ezio Skywalker Jedi Master star 4

Jan 29, 2013
    I cannot stomach the actresses playing Emma and Snow. I don't know if it's them or just the script, but they're so annoyingly whiny.

IMO, Rumpelstiltskin is the only thing keeping this show interesting. Great acting, great writing for his episodes (and mostly only his episodes, sadly), and...he's just awesome.

In regards to great casting, the girl they get to play child Snow White looks reasonably similar to adult Snow White. So good job there.

11. Only-One Cannoli

Aug 20, 2003
    One thing really weird though, about this death, is that the show was already kind of leaning in favor of the villains. This ep really pushed the pro-villain crap a ton. I can't recall that happening much in a movie/show in forever.

12. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Yes and no. There's a lot of potential shaping up for the end of the season:

1) Emma and Rumpel. She needs training and is the embodiment of "good magic" -- if Henry and Bae both hate magic-users, but Emma needs to learn to protect from Regina... what happens?

2) Snow and Regina. At least she's now got a legit beef with Snow and these two are pretty good together in scenes.

3) The Stranger. Presumably not really that strange (e.g. not a normal). I can't believe anyone with a phone reporting to Her will be unimportant, but also will be interesting to see if Bae (who has world-jumped) will know him.

4) FTL vs. Storybrooke. I presume Snow will not want to go back because of what she's done; I presume Charming will. I presume this will cause problems and break-ups.

Also, it should be noted, that we are now moving towards a dark-haired bad witch vs. a blond good witch. Coincidence? Possibly, possibly not.

PS - if Bae is Peter Pan and Tamara is Tiger Lily, will be interesting to see what Emma makes of all of this...

13. Only-One Cannoli

Aug 20, 2003
    I don't think Emma is a good character though...she's been defined as the middle road.

Ezio Skywalker likes this.
  14. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    It could also be argued that now she and Rumple/Gold are now on parallel redemption journeys.

15. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Eh, that can't possibly stick though. The whole point was that she was the alternative of Regina, as Henry's "other mother." And, y'know, the hero of a fairy tale -- which makes her good. Not to mention her magic source is likely True Love itself.

I don't fundamentally disagree with your assessment, I agree she's tried to play the aloof "neutral" character -- but she seems somewhat changed since her adventures in FTL (and seeing her mom in action) and I suspect this is where they're heading in the show.

16. Katya Jade

Katya Jade Administrator Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 19, 2002
    Yeah, I see Emma as starting as a non-believer then moving to accepting who she is to becoming more of the hero she should be. Now, they may make it so that she's more willing to use magic to do 'questionable' things - unlike Snow.

17. SoloKnight

SoloKnight Jedi Master star 4

Feb 13, 2003
    I liked Emma in the first season. Girl ran around cutting down apple trees with chain saws, solving problems, taking out dragons... now the only character blander and more useless is her dad. I think Charming gets knocked out about once an episode.

I may be in the minority here, but I don't like all the focus on Rumpelstiltskin. His actor is good and all, but as a character I think he works best in smaller doses.

18. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    I never thought twice about Tamara; I thought she was just some chick.

ma_petite likes this.
  19. Lady_Sami_J_Kenobi

Lady_Sami_J_Kenobi Jedi Master star 6

Jul 31, 2002
    Hmm, I'm going to have to watch last Sunday's episode again and not play a video game while watching. (I like to multi-task).

20. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Is ANYONE on this show ever "just some chick?" :p

21. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Also, in new information (or new to me)...

This season’s two-part finale will be titled “Second Star to the Right” and “ And Straight On ‘Til Morning.”

22. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    Is Paramount aware of this?

23. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    [​IMG]

24. Dingo

Dingo Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 23, 2001
    Curiouser and curiouser. At least we now know who "Greg" really is, and what is interest in Storybrooke stems from.

25. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    Maybe this is one of those things like the Island from Lost, and this is the only reason he was able to enter.