main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation Who/What DON'T you want to see in Epi. 7?

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Dark_Lady_Swan, Oct 31, 2012.

1. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
    I dont want Luke to turn bad. My sister and I love him too much *except my sister seems convinced she's going to marry 1980s Luke Skywalker but she's 5 so I dont want to crush her dreams*. I want the new characters to be the focus and have the OT cast HANDING over the franchise. And by handing over I mean legit giving the franchise over to them and NOT just letting them have a little more focus while the OT casts sticks around for no reason other than fan service/studios fear of killing them off. So yeah in a way I only want them to show up for one film and have that be that. I kinda dont want them dragged along for 3 films. I know a ton of fans will disagree with me but I just dont want the entire Sequel trilogy becoming just a "Hey look at these guys from your childhood" show and trying to forcefeed us to believe they can be action stars again.

2. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    How much you wanna bet Ep. VII starts with introducing a new character?

3. jubba the hat

jubba the hat Jedi Knight

Mar 13, 2013
    I'd be happy with that and hope it happens - Mark my words though Luke will turn bad..... it is unavoidable.

4. Darth Claire

Dec 21, 2012
    IDK....I'm guessing they might start off with an OT but who knows...all I know is that JJ can deliver a kick ass opening.

5. Darth Claire

Dec 21, 2012
    You wanna bet. Lets see. ;)

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  6. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    I'll definitely take that bet. How much? :p

7. Darth Claire

Dec 21, 2012
    Lets say.....1 million dollars

8. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    Go halfsies? :p

What do you say Jabba the Hat?

jubba the hat likes this.
  9. Jedi with a TARDIS

Jedi with a TARDIS Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 4, 2013
    No screwing with the Force ("hey, there's no dark side, it's just how you use it! Yoda was wrong").

No bringing science into it. It's a fantasy set in space. Space does not equal science.

No ignoring the narrative structure in an attempt to be original (The bad guy's a bounty hunter, because bounty hunters are cool and morally ambiguous!) Seriously, how's that gonna last for three movies? It's Star Wars, not Star Shenanigans.

No big names from other franchises (I don't want Darth Voldemort or Katniss Skywalker, though Nathan Fillion has my personal permission to invade Corellia anytime!)

No retreading EU territory. A character or two is fine, but plot lines are off limits.

Don't make Luke, Leia and Han figureheads. They're old, but they're not dead.

10. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    No lame deaths.

11. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    NO "Use Han's Bong," or whatever those super evil sado-masochistic borg plants are called.

NO Ysala, Yslami Force Bubble weasles

NO Boris Vallejo chicks

NO Wonder Twins...

12. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    Oh, yes, this please! 90% of why I prefer to wait for most movies to come out on DVD is so I don't have to sit through the trailers.

13. Ryus

Ryus Jedi Master star 4

Feb 25, 2013
    Leia having a super tall and super model level sexy daughter... keep her daughter shorter and just decently attractive like her mother. (aka Jennifer Lawrence in ep 7 is fine but not as Leia's daughter... it'd be like Vader vs Luke in size comparison which would have to be explained via robotic legs to be justifiable)

14. themetresgained

themetresgained Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2013
    I agree about the height. No taller than 5'3".

15. jubba the hat

jubba the hat Jedi Knight

Mar 13, 2013
    Let me make a phone call first, and see if Uncle JJ will cover the bet.

Don't you think MH would prefer for Luke's character to have a bit more depth and a few flaws? Or do you think he'd rather be playing some indestructable champion of the universe?

Leia gets killed thanks largely to some mess up of Han's and Luke isn't happy about it..............I've said too much. The new cast ( H=L's offspring? Not sure there was a coffee stain on that page of the script) then pick up the pieces.

16. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    Nah, Luke was tempted twice by the dark side and overcame it twice. He turned his father away from the dark side and allowed him to bring balance to the Force. It would kind of destroy his character arc if he then succumbs to it after so many years. He shouldn't be indestructible that's for sure but he should be the most powerful and wise Jedi of his age. The Yoda of this generation.

17. MillionthVoice

MillionthVoice Jedi Master star 3

Jan 28, 2013
    - No self-referential humor. Please respect the fourth wall!
    - No recycling of 'classic' quotes (unless they are actually meant as direct quotes in the film, nothing wrong with quoting Yoda's lessons for instance).
    - Overly beautiful actors. Look at the rebels in ANH. People in the SWU should have a fairly realistic beautifulness index.

18. Khalil O.

Khalil O. Jedi Padawan star 1

Mar 9, 2013
    He doesn't have to turn to the Dark side to have depth.... Besides, he's too old for that kind of change. Neither Obi-Wan nor Yoda changed throughout the OT. It's usually just the younger characters that have those kinds of shortcomings.

And, I don't want Luke to change. Luke's my hero. Lol, what if Superman said, "You know what? Screw this, I'm done. All you people in Smallville suck, you can save the world on your own from now on" *Then he breaks into a liquor store, grabs a beer, and flies off* ? It would be devastating to the kids :(

19. Darth Claire

Dec 21, 2012
    Poorly photoshopped posters *and for god sakes no god damn "Thor-esque" posters. Those being the dull face closeups with some color filters and big words like "God of Thunder" over them. Lame!*

No rock/modern music in the trailers. Go for either the classic star wars music or epic music

Dont pander to one demographic cause you can't make up your mind whether to be for children, teens, adults or fans. So if I see any one of those damn blantantly kiddy ones *like they recently did for TPM* then I scream

Balance the trailer/poster focus. Try to balance the OT and ST cast when it comes to marketing. Dont completely ignore the Ot cast or the new cast in favor of the marketability/recognizability of the other. If anything focus more on the new cast but pull a "Star Trek 2009 trailer" (which showed mostly the new cast but in the end had that "Live Long and Prospher" scene from old Spock in order to remind the audiences he still exists)

20. MillionthVoice

MillionthVoice Jedi Master star 3

Jan 28, 2013
    Khalil O. It's called Superman III, from 1984

21. Khalil O.

Khalil O. Jedi Padawan star 1

Mar 9, 2013
    ... I knew this was going to happen. Okay, well what if Batman put down his cape and went into hiding for 10 years? No.... Got it! What if Spiderman turned into an egotistical jerk? No.... Dangit, Luke, please be different!

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  22. Darth slaughter

Darth slaughter Jedi Padawan star 1

Feb 22, 2013
    Don't want too many aliens speaking English. I preferred all the subtitles in the OT

Captain Tom Coughlin likes this.
  23. Placeholder

Placeholder Jedi Master star 4

Jan 30, 2013
    Star Wars languages definitely add to the spice of Star Wars. I agree.

24. Darth slaughter

Darth slaughter Jedi Padawan star 1

Feb 22, 2013
    Don't want to see a George Lucas cameo.
    Unless he plays a Hutt.... I could dig that.

25. Jedi with a TARDIS

Jedi with a TARDIS Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 4, 2013
    No using the word "twilight" for ANY reason! Just...please...even a shadow of THAT thing must be expelled with all the power of the Force!