main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

VIDEO Star Wars: First Assault

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Wildstar02301, Sep 20, 2012.

1. Thefinalhack

Thefinalhack Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 11, 2013
    For all we know with disney now in power the dark times could be just beginning

Sent via my astromech droid

2. Jedi_Matt

Jedi_Matt Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 11, 2002
    How would it destroy everything? The interest is in the franchise, not what happened to Han and Leia's grand daughter who appeared in a few books.

They will cherry pick what they want to keep and chuck the trash

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk 2

SithStarSlayer likes this.
  3. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    Shame that Lucasarts is having so much trouble, but I wouldn't totally blame Disney for such things. BF3's farcial development was nothing to do with the House of Mouse, neither were TFU2 & KOTOR 2 in rough form.

Regarding TCW - Who says Disney was behind this so-called "cancellation"? Filoni said the final episode was "the climax of 5 years of development" or something like that. That suggests they had always planned to make 5 series, but perhaps they didn't expect to have loose ends to have to deal with (what with Lucas adding the Maul stuff in).

4. hunter77

hunter77 Jedi Padawan star 1

Sep 8, 2012
    Kotor 2 was not made by Lucasarts, but by Obsidian. And yea, they planned on 100 episodes for CW, but i think they wanted to do more. But what should Dave had done? ofcourse he would say that it was the end of the series. He wouldn't want to anger Disney, since he is probably hoping to get the job on a new SW animation series. Also they where making a season 6, so i doubt they would have ended it on season 5.

5. Jedi Josh Jericho

Jedi Josh Jericho Jedi Youngling

Sep 28, 2012
    I really hope this game comes out. Please don't screw it up Disney.
    Playing this on XBOX Live with friends would be a dream.

6. Zeta1127

Zeta1127 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 2, 2012
    What SithLordDarthRichie is referring to in regards to KotOR II is LucasArts making Obsidian release it before it was finished.

7. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    Yes.

Lucasarts have screwed up plenty of things on their own, no need to start hating on Disney just because they're still screwing up things now.

8. KudosDas

KudosDas Jedi Padawan star 2

Jan 14, 2005
    True enough. Just sucks to have so much pulled out from beneath us so suddenly. :(

9. Lazy Storm Trooper

Lazy Storm Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Sep 18, 2012
    If the game is 99% done and just needs to be released. If Disney doesn't release it (along with Detours) they are idiots.

10. TrandoJedi

TrandoJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2011
    I wouldn't call Disney idiots if they never released Detours....

11. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    Did this ever get made?

BBC news website had a feature this week, showing some archived SW artwork, and one piece was from something called "Star Wars: First Assault"

12. Lazy Storm Trooper

Sep 18, 2012
    Do you have a link?

13. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
  14. Lazy Storm Trooper

Sep 18, 2012
    It was finished but never released.

15. Zeta1127

Zeta1127 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 2, 2012
    Oh, so that Battle of Hoth image that's been floating around lately was concept art for Star Wars: First Assault. Now I am just mad, even more mad than I was when I found out First Assault was the first stage of LA's last attempt at Battlefront 3, and was ready for release.

Lazy Storm Trooper likes this.
  16. Lazy Storm Trooper

Sep 18, 2012
    If the game is truly 99% done or close to it then Disney are idiots for not releasing it. It would make millions.

I mean if it $20 bucks per copy (normal price for XBLA games) and sold as well as Battlefront (2004) 90 million and if it hit Battlefront II numbers it could make 120 million and that is for a game that Disney didn't even have to develop.

17. cdgodin

cdgodin Jedi Master star 4

Oct 9, 2009
    Well, I'm gonna be the optimist here and say that maybe Disney is having another studio have a look-over of it and try to port it to next-gen consoles? Far chance, but it'd be cool for a Star Wars game on next-gen while we wait for Battlefront to be developed & released.

18. Lazy Storm Trooper

Sep 18, 2012
    I would say go the GTA V route and release on the current consoles right now and a next-gen version later.