main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CT Plot Holes in the CT

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by Klingon Padawan, Mar 12, 2013.

1. Klingon Padawan

Klingon Padawan Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 5, 2013
    Many Star Wars fans criticize the prequels by saying they have plot inconsistencies. In my opinion, both trilogies have plot holes, so it's unfair to nitpick at the prequels. What plot holes do you think the originals had?

2. Seagoat

Seagoat Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2013
    Luke's training on Dagobah.

Luke going from inexperienced to master in a matter of less than a year.

Vader blocking Luke's strike against the emperor.

Klingon Padawan likes this.
  3. Khalil O.

Khalil O. Jedi Padawan star 1

Mar 9, 2013
    How the rebels managed to build an entire army without the Empire finding out and suppressing it.

lord_sidious_ and darthbarracuda like this.
  4. The Supreme Chancellor

The Supreme Chancellor Jedi Master star 4

Sep 4, 2012
    The first two valid, though Luke was far from a Jedi Master in ROTJ. But I think Vader blocked Luke's saber because he needed Palpatine to turn Luke to the dark side. If Palps was dead what was to stop Luke from killing Vader as well to help save the other rebels?

Sith-I-5, Darth Zannah and Andy Wylde like this.
  5. The Supreme Chancellor

The Supreme Chancellor Jedi Master star 4

Sep 4, 2012
    Why it took them a year to save Han.

6. Mr. Forest

Mr. Forest Chosen One star 6

Nov 1, 2012
    The Empire fleet doing nothing after the destruction of the second Death Star.

darthbarracuda likes this.
  7. Lord Chazza

Lord Chazza Jedi Master star 4

Jan 4, 2013
    Well they were a bit shocked I suppose. They just lost heart really.

What is harder to understand is the Alliance's ridiculous idea that they all need to pile into one base thereaby making themselves vluneable to being in the words of Grand Moff Tarkin wiped out in "one swift stroke."

Andy Wylde and darthbarracuda like this.
  8. Death T

Death T Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 12, 2012
    Whenever Luke leaves for Cloud City, Yoda tells him he must not go because he needs to finish his training. When Luke comes back, Yoda says he's finished. Doesn't make much sense. I guess we just have to assume Luke is a boss because he's Anakin's son, but it's a pretty weak explanation.

9. J_Girl

J_Girl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 18, 2001
    Why the ewoks were ready to cook Han and eat him like a roast beast [but not Leia] and then suddenly, they were part of the tribe and later partied with a whole mess of humans.

10. Aaronaman

Aaronaman Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 12, 2013
    The only one that's really got me stumped is why Obi Wan has no recollection of R2 in a New Hope....or is he trying to block out the prequel movies as well haha

11. Chainmail_Jedi

Chainmail_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 2

Jan 26, 2013
    It's perfectly fair to pick at the prequels. That said;

How they managed to find the right control room and prisoner cell on a moon sized space station

How a giant worm lives in outer space

The Empire's strategy at Hoth

Previously mentioned details about Luke's training length

Repairing C3PO on Cloud City

Ewoks defeating the Empire's finest

Scott109 and darthbarracuda like this.
  12. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Yoda having to remind Obi Wan of the "other".

13. Aaronaman

Mar 12, 2013
    How they managed to find the right control room and prisoner cell on a moon sized space station.....I saw Han find a little idol in the middle of a jungle once so he'd own finding places on a space station, there's signs every where.

How a giant worm lives in outer space.....He didn't actually live there he was just visiting a friend from college.

The Empire's strategy at Hoth.....Their Storm Troopers were all white, anyone would have attacked they way they did with that advantage.

Previously mentioned details about Luke's training length.....He's the chosen one and that has to come with certain perks, I went to high school with a girl who completely skipped 6th form math so it does happen.

Repairing C3PO on Cloud City.....To be fair there didn't look like much else for Chewie to do on CC so he had to kill time some how, I mean I didn't see them stroll past an all night Wookie gym or anything.

Ewoks defeating the Empire's finest.....The Emipre must have lost a lot of great troops on the first Death Star so surely these weren't the Empires finest more like their 'C-team' so the battle wouldn't have been all to bad for the Ewoks.

I hope that answered a few of your questions and I'd be more than happy to answer anymore you may have lol.

14. Death T

Death T Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 12, 2012
    True. But technically that's a plot hole the prequel movies caused, so you can't really fault the OT for it.

15. Chainmail_Jedi

Chainmail_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 2

Jan 26, 2013
    Last question; where did you get these answers?

16. Aaronaman

Mar 12, 2013
    [/quote]
    Last question; where did you get these answers?[/quote]

Well I would love to say 'from a reliable source within Lucas Film' but unfortunately they weren't lol. More a semi-reliable source within my head.

KSkywalker likes this.
  17. Aaronaman

Mar 12, 2013
    I wasn't faulting the OT at all or even the PT....it was just one little thing I wondered. Mind you I have had a lot of people give me their opinion on why he didn't so it's probably a mute point anyway haha

18. Placeholder

Placeholder Jedi Master star 4

Jan 30, 2013
    Why the imperial fleet did not continue to fight after the destruction of the Death Star II always bothered me.

19. Aaronaman

Mar 12, 2013
    They were like a snake with their head cut off....who was going to lead them?

20. Placeholder

Jan 30, 2013
    That doesn't really explain why they would just stop in the middle of a battle. It makes no sense.

21. Aaronaman

Mar 12, 2013
    Is the destruction of your main weapon, the loss of 1000's of personal, and your two main Generals (one who was the driving force behind your whole operation) being killed really the middle of the battle...to me it seems like the end??

22. Placeholder

Jan 30, 2013
    I get what you're saying, I just don't buy it. It doesn't work for me.

23. Aaronaman

Mar 12, 2013
    .....and that's why Star Wars is so great, what makes total sense to one person is completely wrong to some one else lol

24. Ambervikings91

Ambervikings91 Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 1, 2012
    Its a major plot hole when they dont explain how awesome I am in any of the 6 films

25. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    Actually, Alec was so good that it is perfectly easy to retcon that he did remember R2 "Hello there, my little friend" but kept his mouth shut otherwise about a prior association.

Alternatively, there are millions of R2 units and like I would not remember my first laptop if I stumbled across it years later, Obi-Wan didn't remember this R2 as the one he had known.

J7Luke, {Quantum/MIDI} and Iron_lord like this.