main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

I think Cad Bane is the coolest thing since Sliced Bread...

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by LordThrawnStark, Mar 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LordThrawnStark

LordThrawnStark Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 8, 2013
    I didn't even know about him till I saw the first episode he was in. I kind of wish he would have been in AOTC, instead of Jengo, and I actually liked Jengo alot. Plus he's based on a character from one of my favorite characters. "Angel Eyes" from "Good,bad, and the Ugly."

My friend hates him, I was shocked!

2. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    I'm pretty sure that's how it was for most of us.

;)

I liked him very much. Particularly in the Season 1 finale and S2 opening arc. He is one of my favorite original characters from the show.

3. Narutakikun

Narutakikun Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 8, 2012
  4. K'Kruhk

K'Kruhk Jedi Master star 4

Dec 11, 2011
    Who is this 'Jengo' you speak of?

5. LordThrawnStark

Mar 8, 2013

Well Played, K'Kruhk. Cad Bane makes me go crazy so I I can't spell :)

6. LordThrawnStark

Mar 8, 2013

Yeah, those are amazing episodes, and i'm almost done with S2 and i'm hoping he's back.

7. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Does Sliced Bread contradict Cad Bane? Cad Bane was cool before Sliced bread was so yes it does contradict Cad Bane.

8. CaptainRex115

CaptainRex115 Jedi Padawan star 3

Jan 11, 2013
  9. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    Cad Bane, finest Filoni hunter in the galaxy.

10. Circular Logic

Circular Logic Jedi Master star 4

Mar 3, 2013
    Apparently Cad Bane is a man Duros (from Duro) of many contradictions.

Force Smuggler likes this.
  11. StarWarsFan91

StarWarsFan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2008
    I have the urge......to post something about Cad Bane.....something that has become a meme on Lit forums......but i won't.....for I AM STRONG.

Lazy Storm Trooper and 07jonesj like this.
  12. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    I already posted something. The statement Cad Bane is the coolest thing since Sliced Bread is a contradiction and you know it.

13. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    Write to Disney and Lucasfilm that they finish his final episodes before ending production of the Clone Wars! He was supposed to be in an arc with Boba Fett, but we're not sure if we'll ever get to see that now that they are "winding down" production, essentially ending the show. If they wanted to, they could wrap up these episodes and release them to the public.

14. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Bane is pretty cool

15. Kualan

Kualan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 4, 2008
    Quite the Bane fan myself. I remember there being a fair bit of doubt floating through the boards when we first heard the name and saw the design, but then BAM! Hostage Crisis aired and most people fell in love with the guy. One of the biggest badasses in the GFFA.

LordThrawnStark likes this.
  16. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    I'm fine with Cad Bane not appearing again because that means he's alive out their somewhere and may come back to haunt us... err the galaxy some day. I'm fully in support of this since I consider Cad Bane to be one of the most successful villain in all of TCW. The guy held the senate hostage and got away with it.

17. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi SWC Jedi Draft Champion star 6 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 30, 2012
    Cad Bane is one of the greatest villains in the entire SW universe for me, he's just had such a great role throughout TCW, I do hope we see him in season six, but I also hope we get to see him again somewhere after that, because he's got a lot of potential outside of TCW.

18. Mia Mesharad

Mia Mesharad Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    From Cad Bane's article on Wookieepedia:

"Bane maintained his reputation as a veteran hunter throughout the Clone Wars, even until the war ended in 19 BBY. Following the newly christened Emperor Palpatine's establishment of the Galactic Empire, Bane became one of the Empire's select freelancers, playing a part in many Imperial dirty dealings. Although he worked with Boba Fett on another occasion, Fett came to be his closest rival in the bounty hunting trade."

Cevan likes this.
  19. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    Mia Mesharad Did they give a source for Cad Bane's history after TCW? Just curious where that was told.

20. Mia Mesharad

Mia Mesharad Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    Yeah, I just edited them out of the copy-paste summary for flow, assuming that anyone interested could just click the article link. For ease of reference, though, the information comes from the Star Wars Insider article Versus: Boba Fett vs Cad Bane, and Bane's official Gentle Giant biography included with his maquette, which can be read here.

21. Darth Ibonek

Darth Ibonek Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 11, 2013
    If only TCW had a chance to touch upon Cad Bane and Boba's relationship... That could have paved the way for so many different options for the new animation show, the live action film, or maybe any of the spin-offs.

Watto likes this.
  22. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi SWC Jedi Draft Champion star 6 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 30, 2012
    Well it'd be cool to see Cad Bane help Boba acquire Slave I in season six from Hondo and his pirates, and that'd certainly show how they came to work with each other in the future and eventually become rivals.

Cevan, The Shadow Emperor and Watto like this.
  23. Lord Optimus

Lord Optimus Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 30, 2011
    I really do hope to see Cad Bane in a spin-off movie one day, whether he's Boba's rival or partner, or helping Vader. It doesn't matter to me, I just want more Cad Bane.

Cevan and LordThrawnStark like this.
  24. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    Well, is he duros?

Lazy Storm Trooper likes this.
  25. Narutakikun

Narutakikun Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 8, 2012
    Just how cool is sliced bread, anyway? I mean, is that really the coolest thing we could be comparing new things to?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.