main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series What should Ahsoka's fate be?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Gry Sarth, Aug 6, 2010.

?

What should Ahsoka's fate be?

1. Killed in a lightsaber duel (Grievous, Ventress, etc)

11.2%
  2. Killed by someone else (Bane, Vizsla, Boba, etc)

14.0%
  3. Noble self-sacrifice (ie. Weapons Factory)

17.5%
  4. Expelled from the Jedi Order

12.6%
  5. Away on a solo mission

3.7%
  6. Assigned to a new master

4.6%
  7. Knighted and away on a mission

4.9%
  8. Inserted in Order 66 sequence being killed

11.7%
  9. Fallen to the Dark Side

6.0%
  10. MIA/POW

13.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. phatdude1138

phatdude1138 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 2, 2005
    Remember she was already a well gifted padawan for her age when she was turned over to Anakin. I know in AOTC, Anakin was assigned to "bodyguard" Padme which was "his first assignment" alone. So Padawan's do get their own assignments. I feel Yoda paired them up more for Anakin's sake, then for Ahsoka's. I think they were trying to "ground him" better. But unfortunately it completely backfired and only sent him down the dark side path further.

rumblewagon likes this.
  2. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    Starkiller has two blades as well, maybe it's just an Anakin/Vader thing, if your trained by him you carry 2

3. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    I believe Starkiller only ever used a single blade.

No terrible sequels were created.

4. Hercu Dogla

Hercu Dogla Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 13, 2013
    I must say, I'm watching S3 E10 Heros on Both Sides right now which is I guess the first episode Ahsoka is shown with the 2 lightsabers and i was very surprised we got no explanation... she just shows up and has them, kind of a WTF moment for me.

Also I have to agree that the original star killer was far cooler with the one blade but wielding two (however bad the sequel was) was still pretty badass

5. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    It's so impracticable... but so awesome. 'Tis why I usually have double sabers on KOTOR.

6. Hercu Dogla

Mar 13, 2013
    It really is though... Like I said on the other page, sith always get the coolest stuff like twin sabers or two sided sabers etc. It is cool to see a Jedi wielding two for once

7. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Actually I'm pretty sure he writes it.

8. phatdude1138

Feb 2, 2005
    One of my favorite Ahsoka dual lightsaber scenes was when she escaped from Death Watch in season 4 ("A Friend in Need"). Those 4 Mandalorians never had a chance :(

9. Hercu Dogla

Mar 13, 2013
    Alright, that was awesome, I'm only a few episodes into season 4 now but can't wait to get to the later episodes. They look awesome. I really like the way she holds her sabers, different to see the reverse grip style

10. MistrX

MistrX Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2006
    Now that I've thought about it over a little bit of time and given what happened in the finale, I'd like to see Vader hunter her down. That could be a really emotional scene.

11. Hercu Dogla

Mar 13, 2013
    Certainly an interesting thought, but I don't see how we would be able to see this since Vadar comes after ROTS with is set after TCW. Maybe in the new animated series if it takes place during that time period but I'm not convinced they will kill her off. They could very well never revisit her story (as much as I would absolutely hate that) and simply leave it up to the fans to make their own interpretations of what happened.

Personally, I would greatly prefer to see an end to her story that A) does justice to her character and B) she survives in.

12. phatdude1138

Feb 2, 2005
    That's one idea I can't support (without some tweaking). I think Ahsoka was like a daughter (well at least a little sister) to Anakin. Having him (Vader) hunt her down and kill her would make him way too dark which kinda cancels out Luke redeeming him. Hell, Anakin spent 3 close years with her, and ZERO years with Luke. He couldn't bring himself to kill Luke, I don't think he would have it in him to kill Ahsoka. Also Ahsoka LEFT the Jedi order (so she was technically not a Jedi). I think if Ahsoka stayed, with the Jedi, I don't think Anakin would have turned. She was his grounding point (more than even Padme).

The idea I could support is it could be a running theme in the "dark times" series is that Ahsoka is on the run from the Empire, and Vader is hunting her down (but not letting Sidious know) because he want's his own apprentice, who better than Ahsoka? Ahsoka may find out that Anakin's child (children) survived, (or at least just Luke), and in a final confrontation she spills the beans that his son is alive. The information is so emotional too Vader, he just physically can't bring himself to kill Ahsoka. Now his focus turns to hunting Luke down (start ESB). Oh and then he pushes Ahsoka in a carbon freezing unit. Later she is thawed out for EP7 where she meets Luke and tells him about his father and why she left the order.

Ok I got a little crazy at the end, but I'm an Ahsoka fan, I don't want her to die ;)

13. MistrX

Jun 20, 2006
    Really? You're okay with him coming back from killing children, but killing Ahsoka would be the deal breaker?

14. phatdude1138

Feb 2, 2005
    Yeah, for a couple reasons:
    The little kids were just "more Jedi" in training. From is point of view they'd grow into adult Jedi and his job was to get rid of all Jedi. Months before Ahsoka LEFT the order, she was no longer a Jedi.
    Anakin was not as emotionally attached to them like he was with his mother, Ahsoka, or Padme. We know Anakin can kill children (he did it with the Tuskens) But he doesn't kill women that he loves. I just think there has to be some limit to Anakin's insanity. At least I'd hope so.

I agree, he's demented, I wouldn't put anything past him. From a fans perspective, killing Ahsoka has more of an emotional effect then the killing of the younglings. At least for me.

15. MistrX

Jun 20, 2006
    That doesn't stop him from trying to kill Padme. I guess I also don't see that killing innocent children vs. killing his old Padawan, that there's some line between those two. I actually think killing the kids is worse, but that's my opinion.

16. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Anakin kills pretty much everybody. I'm pretty sure killing kids are at the top of any evil deeds list. Makes the Padawans cameos in "Wrong Jedi" really sad.

17. Hercu Dogla

Mar 13, 2013
    Honestly, I feel like the possibilities for her character now are so vast I'm finding it hard to pick one that makes sense. I agree phatdude that I would prefer to see her survive but I can't really formulate a way to do so and bring true closure to her story. As much as I would like to see some sort of chase or confrontation with the new Anakin turned Vader I don't really know how they could show us that since it would have to come post ROTS which as we know is after TCW series.

I will say I really liked the perspective into Anakins life giving him a padawan really brought to the series. As others have said I feel like this was more for his sake than for hers. An attempt to ground the chosen one and help steer him towards the right path. Unfortunately what no one could foresee was his problems with attachment. As evidenced in the episodes where Ahsoka is kidnapped by the lizards that want to hunter her for sport. He looked like he was going insane for letting her get taken when in reality it really wasn't his fault.

As for what the future holds, I still would like to see her find some remote system much like Kenobi does and live out her days just helping the locals and protecting herself as best she can. That or if we think its better for her to keep moving as to not draw attention to herself, she could become a light-saber for higher. Picking and choosing the jobs she feels are morally good enough for her to participate in.

Also, I want to see her with a light saber that is a different color than just blue or green. Something that kind of symbolizes her betrayal and loss of all that she once held so dear. White perhaps or even black. They could do a story arc where she goes on some long journey to find the components for the perfect saber. IDK grasping at straws I know but I always felt that there were to few colors out there in the saber world lol

I really don't know whats to come. If we figure she did that and shes 16 when she left the order that would put her at around what,, mid thirties in the OT? Which depending on how far into the future the new trilogy goes she could very well still be alive. That being said will she make an appearance? Who the hell know... with Filoni working in close proximity with disney now its certainly a possibility.

18. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    On the "killing younglings" vs. "killing Ahsoka" which is worse? debate:

It doesn't matter which is worse. When we're talking about Vader's redemption, the quantification of levels of evil in his deeds is unrelated.

Redemption isn't something that others "allow" a person to do, it's an action that the person takes. I have no doubt that if Vader had survived, he would have spent the rest of his life trying to atone for what he did, but the fact that he didn't live long enough to do that, doesn't mean he wasn't redeemed.

People often confound redemption and forgiveness; they aren't the same. As fans we can choose to forgive Vader or not, and there's not a "wrong" answer to that. Other characters also can choose to forgive Vader or not; Luke did, it took Leia a little longer. Again, no right or wrong answer here.

I don't want to see Vader kill Ahsoka, but it's not because I was "OK with him killing children"--that scene is one of the two reasons I refused to pay full price to watch ROTS and why I turn the Blu-Ray off after the ruminations scene. I am absolutely not OK with it, and I'm not watching it.

KenobiSkywalker likes this.
  19. Darth Dru

Darth Dru Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 1, 2013
    I've never seen the Clone Wars cartoon, but i've read about Ahsoka, and i think it would be tragically appropriate to have her be killed by Darth Vader in a lightsaber duel at some point between 3 and 4. Did she survive the order 66 fiasco/Jedi Purge? I guess i should probably start reading some books and watching these new cartoons at some point so i can get a better grasp on whats going on in the SW universe other than the movies huh lol.

20. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    I would highly recommend watching The Clone Wars if you have not yet. Now is as good a time as any since season 1-5 are the show proper.

21. Hercu Dogla

Mar 13, 2013
    I totally recommend watching TCW. I just started season 1 like just over a week ago and haven't been able to stop watching. I'm about halfway through season 5 already and it really is a great show. As for if she survives? Right now we don't really know whats going to happen to her and that's one of my biggest questions following the series cancellation

Seerow likes this.
  22. Skaddix

Skaddix Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 3, 2012
    Meh Redepmtion is bs. Sure he saved Luke by tossing Palps into a reactor core but at best he breaks even for Neutral. Certainly does not cross into Good.

23. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Anakin IMO could never again have been a good guy after what he did no matter how much he was redeemed. Had Vader survived he should absolutely have been brought to justice for all the pain and death he'd caused over the years.

24. Hercu Dogla

Mar 13, 2013
    Oh absolutely... Once he killed a bunch of kids I think he crossed to point of no return to be honest. Theres no justifying that ****

25. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I think Vader himself would agree with that. I think you'd be hard-pressed to find anyone who would say that because he realized he had gone down the wrong path, he should be able to get away with what he did.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.