main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Clone Wars Chronological Order (TCW Episodes & Viewing Orders)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by han_solo_321, Feb 4, 2009.

1. HEDGESMFG

HEDGESMFG Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 20, 2010
    Meant to comment on all this sooner...

The 7 weeks date comes from the Essential Reader's Guide, which takes the date given in Wild Space the novel, only that, and automatically assumes every other take on the war is wrong. This is a mistake, and rather rash. Several other sources have tried to give their own take on the timeline. And Chee himself has NOT said this to be true.

To be exact, Chee said the following in Blog entry #1...

No exact number was given, and the order remains ambiguous, but he said months. Not weeks. Yes, I realize this could mean '2 months', but it could also mean 6 months. Even 7 or more. (I doubt it'll be more than 9, but that'd be plenty). Chee has never personally said that the EU stories fit a mere 7 weeks into the war, and I doubt that this solution will be used when the show finally does end. Also, if I had to hazard a guess, I suspect that the show is currently somewhere between months 27 and 30 in the war, as the Dark Horse Darth Maul books clearly places its story in the '3rd' year of the war (which would imply s5 starts no earlier than 25 months after Geonosis.)

Don't fret. We mostly know the order of the stories now. Figuring out the math of timeline placement is all that remains. Based on a combination of logic and evidence (which sadly means we can't take every source claiming a time placement literally because they all contradict), we can assume the remaining seasons of the show will probably fit in the last 6-9 months leading directly into RoTS.

Dark Lord Tarkas and 07jonesj like this.
  2. Jedi-Master-Vader

Jedi-Master-Vader Jedi Grand Master star 1

Jan 29, 2003
    I hope the official site can clarify all this now it's a wrap.

3. Cary_the_Brave

Cary_the_Brave Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 5, 2012
    I'm confused about the Lightsaber Lost and Grievous placement. In Grievous Intrigue, Ahsoka was standing with Tera Sinube, so did they meet each other or just don't know each other? Also, shouldn't the Grievous episodes be placed after ARC Troopers because apparently Grievous's tactical droid commander in ARC Troopers is TV-94 B and the droid in Grievous Intrigue was TV-94.

cwustudent likes this.
  4. CloneWarsRescored

CloneWarsRescored Jedi Padawan star 2

Sep 4, 2012
    Whatever, I don't know hahaha, I changed the official timeline slightly so I don't have a clue really.

5. cwustudent

cwustudent Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2011
    Bravo for noticing such a small-yet-important detail! Thanks.

Cary_the_Brave likes this.
  6. princethomas

princethomas Jedi Master star 2

Nov 19, 2001
    Anyone know how the Rako Hardeen stuff fits in. I mean, Obi-Wan is completely shaved. Beard mustache and Head. How long does it take to get all that hair back?

7. HEDGESMFG

HEDGESMFG Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 20, 2010
    Now that the show is ending, I stand doubly firm on my earlier timeline statements. Old material with padawan Anakin should logically fit in the first 6-9 months of the war. New TCW material from Christophsis onward will probably cover months following this up until s5 ends maybe somewhere around 30 months into things. Maybe even a bit further, and the final episodes of "bonus" content will be scattered in the last 4-6 months of the war, leading roughly into ROTS with as much of the old micro series as is not contradicted by new material.

This is a scenario which allows for both new and old stories to coexist. Many stories can still be scattered throughout the war at various points so long as they do not feature Anakin as a padawan. The end result is that we now have a rich and thorough tale which tells us the very long story of this 3 year war. There will be inconsistencies, but they are actually fairly minor in all but a few cases. I have a feeling that a full read-through/viewing of old and new material in the right order will actually lead to a very rich experience, still leading into ep III, even when the bonus content is complete.

Well, so long as they somehow deal with Maul in the bonus content at least...

I mourn the cancellation of the series, but I do look forward to the whole clone wars being unified once this chapter is closed at least.

Circular_Logic and 07jonesj like this.
  8. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    Re. that timeline: The Maul arc must come after the Onderon arc, FYI -- Adi is killed in the Maul arc, yet appears during the Onderon episodes.

9. cwustudent

Apr 25, 2011
    Addition: during Revival, one can see the wrecked cockpit of the Crucible at Hondo's recently-destroyed base.

10. Cevan

Cevan Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 16, 2013
    It's nice that we've finally got a chronological order for the TCW episodes (not including the yet-to-be-released "bonus content" episodes), although it is beginning to make me wish we had seen some arcs that took place not long after the Battle of Geonosis, when Anakin was still a Padawan. I would've liked to see some early battles with Obi-Wan and Anakin soon after the outbreak of the Clone Wars. If they did earlier story arcs like this, it'd also be good ways to introduce Ventress and Grievous, who are just kind of thrown into the scene in TCW.

11. Jedi-Master-Vader

Jan 29, 2003
    Where's this chronological order you speak of???

12. CloneWarsRescored

Sep 4, 2012
    It's a couple of pages down.

22 BBY
    2.16: Cat and Mouse (7 weeks after the Battle of Geonosis)
    1.16: The Hidden Enemy
    3.01: Clone Cadets
    3.03: Supply Lines
    1.01: Ambush
    1.02: Rising Malevolence
    1.03: Shadow of Malevolence
    1.04: Destroy Malevolence
    1.05: Rookies
    1.06: Downfall of a Droid
    1.07: Duel of the Droids
    1.08: Bombad Jedi
    1.09: Cloak of Darkness
    1.10: Lair of Grievous
    1.11: Dooku Captured
    1.12: The Gungan General
    1.13: Jedi Crash
    1.14: Defenders of Peace
    1.15: Trespass
    1.17: Blue Shadow Virus
    1.18: Mystery of a Thousand Moons
    1.19: Storm Over Ryloth
    1.20: Innocents of Ryloth
    1.21: Liberty on Ryloth
    2.01: Holocron Heist
    2.02: Cargo of Doom
    2.03: Children of the Force
    2.17: Bounty Hunters
    2.18: The Zillo Beast
    2.19: The Zillo Beast Strikes Back

21 BBY
    2.04: Senate Spy
    2.05: Landing at Point Rain
    2.06: Weapons Factory
    2.07: Legacy of Terror
    2.08: Brain Invaders
    2.09: Grievous Intrigue
    2.10: The Deserter
    2.11: Lightsaber Lost
    2.20: Death Trap
    2.21: R2 Come Home
    2.22: Lethal Trackdown
    3.04: Sphere of Influence
    3.02: ARC Troopers
    2.12: The Mandalore Plot
    2.13: Voyage of Temptation
    2.14: Duchess of Mandalore
    3.05: Corruption
    3.06: The Academy
    3.07: Assassin
    3.08: Evil Plans
    1.22: Hostage Crisis
    3.09: Hunt for Ziro
    3.10: Heroes on Both Sides
    3.11: Pursuit of Peace
    2.15: Senate Murders
    3.12: Nightsisters
    3.13: Monster
    3.14: Witches of the Mist
    3.15: Overlords
    3.16: Altar of Mortis
    3.17: Ghosts of Mortis
    3.18: The Citadel
    3.19: Counterattack
    3.20: Citadel Rescue
    3.21: Padawan Lost
    3.22: Wookiee Hunt
    4.01: Water War
    4.02: Gungan Attack
    4.03: Prisoners
    4.04: Shadow Warrior
    4.05: Mercy Mission
    4.06: Nomad Droids
    4.07: Darkness on Umbara
    4.08: The General
    4.09: Plan of Dissent
    4.10: Carnage of Krell
    4.11: Kidnapped
    4.12: Slaves of the Republic
    4.13: Escape from Kadavo
    4.14: A Friend in Need
    4.15: Deception
    4.16: Friends and Enemies
    4.17: The Box
    4.18: Crisis on Naboo
    4.19: Massacre
    4.20: Bounty
    4.21: Brothers
    4.22: Revenge

20 BBY
    5.02: A War on Two Fronts
    5.03: Front Runners
    5.04: The Soft War
    5.05: Tipping Points
    5.06: The Gathering
    5.07: A Test of Strength
    5.08: Bound for Rescue
    5.09: A Necessary Bond
    5.01: Revival

13. Darth_Harmon

Darth_Harmon Jedi Master star 4

Jul 4, 2005
    I've started the chronological viewing, and the movie is far stronger with the two prequel episodes as well as the knowledge of where the series is heading.

Force Smuggler, Cevan and Ani501st like this.
  14. Ani501st

Ani501st Jedi Padawan star 3

Mar 18, 2013
    When the Blu-Ray of season 5 will be released, I will watch the entire series again in chronological order, it must be cool.

15. Cevan

Cevan Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 16, 2013
    I also plan to do just that, only I'm going to wait until all these "bonus content" episodes are released as well.

At some point, I want to have a huge Star Wars viewing, where I watch the 6 movies, TCW (movie included), and possibly even play through TFU (and if this new TV show takes place within the time of episodes I-VI, watch that as well), all in chronological order.

AkashKedavra_93 likes this.
  16. Jedi-Master-Vader

Jan 29, 2003
    I appreciate your response but is that order canon? Furthermore, there's still 10 episodes missing on it.

17. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    http://boards.theforce.net/posts/50565553/

Includes the source too. [face_peace]

cwustudent likes this.
  18. CloneWarsRescored

Sep 4, 2012
    That is the canonical order, but the other episodes had not aired at the time that was published. Some of the placings don't make sense but that is the official timeline.

19. Darth_Harmon

Jul 4, 2005
    So TCW movie was originally four episodes: "The New Padawan", "Castle of Deception", "Castle of Doom" and "Castle of Salvation". Anybody know the time markers that divide up these episodes?

20. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    Some of the scenes from Castle of Deception have been inserted into The New Padawan and the total running time comes to 98 minutes, rather than 88 like expected, so it's really hard to say.

The only obvious one is The New Padawan likely ended when they left Christophsis.

Darth_Harmon and cwustudent like this.
  21. cwustudent

Apr 25, 2011
    The New Padawan is the Christophsis plot. Once Anakin and Ahsoka leave, that "episode" is done.

Castle of Deception / Castle of Doom: These two are difficult for me to separate. (The two plots intertwine so much, I just consider them one hour-long episode.) I'd guess that "Deception" begins on Teth and ends when Anakin and Ahsoka find Rotta (although there are pertinent scenes that occur earlier: kidnapping Rotta on Tatooine and delivering the heads to Jabba). "Doom" is about Ventress trying to retrieve/kill Rotta, the Ventress/Kenobi duel, and Anakin/Ahsoka escaping Teth.

Castle of Salvation is Anakin/Ahsoka on Tatooine and Padme at Ziro's palace.

I think these would make great episodes, but as a movie...not so much.

Darth_Harmon and 07jonesj like this.
  22. Darth_Harmon

Jul 4, 2005
    Would be interesting to see a fan edit of the movie broken up into four episodes. Sort of like how Sin City was cut up into the books for the blu-ray/DVD.

23. CloneWarsRescored

Sep 4, 2012
    I've managed to split up the episodes. It has been confirmed that the first episode began with The Gunships flying to the Monastery, and I think the episode would of ended with Ventress Vs Anakin on top of the Rancor and then escaping to the back platform. Part 2 would begin with the Vulture Droid fight on the landing platform and would end with Ahsoka & Anakin in the Twilight where Ahsoka asks him about Tattooine. Part 3 would start with the shot of Jabba's Palace right before Ventress can be seen on Dooku's hologram.

24. cwustudent

Apr 25, 2011
    That's right! Filoni was going to use flashbacks. It would have been an interesting way to introduce Ahsoka to the audience. Similar to the flashbacks in The Hobbit / LotR. (I would LOVE to see Plo Koon bring Ahsoka to the temple.) But personally I'm glad Filoni didn't do that. Flashbacks don't happen in the movies. I was shocked, when I saw the flash-forwards in RotS. It doesn't bother me, but I remember having a "that's new" moment.

25. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    I can't remember the flash-forwards in RotS. What were they?