main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC So, I May Have Cancer....

Discussion in 'Community' started by G-FETT, Feb 13, 2013.

1. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Agreed about the "no news is good news" outlook. Not because I'm being optimistic, but because your doctor doesn't want a malpractice lawsuit for leaving you hanging for what would be nearly 2 months in which you could have begun aggressive treatment. Congrats on being clear.

2. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    Is it the NHS? Just be prepared for all the prenatal paraphernalia that's going to be coming to your post box now... ;)

But I agree with ACoD - you'd be called in right away if it was (dramatic pause) *dump dum DUNNNNN! Bad News.

Say, a week from next tuesday.

(But, seriously, it all sounds pretty good over all - but continued good vibes coming your way - keep us posted.)

3. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    6 weeks? That's crazy.

4. Drunk Ben Kenobi

Drunk Ben Kenobi Jedi Youngling

Feb 13, 2013
    My friend's father was found to have a tumor in his colon and they scheduled surgery for the next day. I'm not an MD but I would assume that it's not anything super serious.

5. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    That's a brutally long time to wait, but it doesn't sound serious which is good!

6. Lady_Sami_J_Kenobi

Lady_Sami_J_Kenobi Jedi Master star 6

Jul 31, 2002
    Here's hoping it's good news, G-FETT!! But that's an awfully long time to wait to hear it.

7. epic

epic Ex Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 1999
    can you ask them to at least confirm that it's NOT cancer before the scheduled appointment, given the fact you don't particularly want to wait around for 6 weeks with any kind of doubt whatsoever?

8. zigazigahh

zigazigahh Jedi Master star 1

Sep 2, 2012
    I'm sorry that you have to wait 6 weeks - I get how much waiting sucks, but like the other I'm hopeful this means the prognosis is good! Hopefully you can get some sort of answer beforehand, but either way, I'm thinking of you!

9. smudger9

smudger9 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 29, 2007
    Absolutely agree with this. If it was malignant you'd be booked in for an organectomy/lumpectomy or discussion with an oncologist within 2 weeks. (I'm an anaesthesioligist).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. Mustafar_66

Mustafar_66 Force Ghost star 6

May 20, 2005
    Glad it seems to be good news.

Though it's never too late to buy an RV, shave your head, grow a goatee and start cooking meth in the desert.

J_Girl, Darth_Invidious and lexu like this.
  11. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    My thoughts exactly. It probably is good news, but it would be nice to know for sure between now and the appointment.

CloneTrooperFox likes this.
  12. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    Yeah I would call them or something just to make sure. Kind of unfair that you have to wait that long.

13. G-FETT

G-FETT Chosen One star 7

Aug 10, 2001
    Hi all,

Just to give you all an update.

I've still not had an definative answer Re. the biopsy's. I go back for the results two weeks today (March 28th)

However, I did have a word with my GP and whilst he hadn't heard anything definative either at that point it appears highly likely that I've got a PRE-cancerous condition that will need treatment, probably with lasar ablation and possibly medication as well. I may also have to have teeth removed (if they turn out to be the source of the lesion) BUT it almost certainly isn't malignant at this point.

I'll let you all know for sure though when I go for the appointment on the 28th.

Thanks for all your wishes and kindness. :)

14. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Whew. I read before your edit, glad I refreshed!

Thoughts are with you.

15. Amatsu Mikaboshi

Amatsu Mikaboshi Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 7, 2013
    Yeah, hoping for the best for you.

16. Kiki-Gonn

Kiki-Gonn Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 26, 2001
    Sounds encouraging, hang in there.

17. Eeth-my-Koth

Eeth-my-Koth Jedi Grand Master star 9

May 25, 2001
    hang in there dude.

18. soitscometothis

soitscometothis Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2003
    Sorry that you don't have a definitive answer yet, but I imagine they're just playing safe.

19. G-FETT

G-FETT Chosen One star 7

Aug 10, 2001
    Thanks all. :)

I'm pretty relaxed now I must admit. My GP confirmed that if it was anything "aggresive" I would be in much quicker than six weeks (though with the NHS you never entirely rule out a cock up ;) )

But I am taking it as a sign from my body that I'm getting towards middle age and its time to start looking after myself much more (which foolishly I haven't been doing, especially when I was in my 20's) Of course most people don't take care of themselves in their 20's and they are absolutely fine but my body had a LOT to put up with when I was younger and retrospectively I can see that I've been reckless with my health.

Hopefully as horrible as this whole period has been it will end up being a positive.

20. Katya Jade

Katya Jade Administrator Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 19, 2002
    Promising news, thanks for the update. Hope your official follow up goes well.

21. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    Yeah it does sound promising. Hang in there!

22. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Glad to hear it sounds promising. Hopefully that will be confirmed at the end of the month!

23. J_Girl

J_Girl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 18, 2001
    Here's sending you the best thoughts possible and MTFBWY!

Glad to hear it's not the worst.

24. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Glad it is not the worst case scenario , but still pre- cancerous condition is still a helluva long time to be waiting six weeks for an appointment.

25. G-FETT

G-FETT Chosen One star 7

Aug 10, 2001
    Welcome to the NHS (envy of the world don't you know) ;)

Seriously, I've had the original lesion for something like five years without any problems and without knowing what it was, so I guess another few weeks makes little difference.