main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series TCW bonus material episode discussion (spoilers)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by KED12345, Mar 11, 2013.

1. Mia Mesharad

Mia Mesharad Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    I'm really half-and-half on this, personally. On the one hand, I agree to some extent.
    But on the other, this is Star Wars. There's a certain built-in universal precedent for much of this. The unnatural, arcane power of the dark side provides for Maul, with such extreme examples as Darths Andeddu, Scion, and Krayt proving that Maul is but one in a lineage of death-defying Sith. And in the case of Trench, the modern galaxy is vastly superior in technology, with an astounding level of cybernetic prosthesis that could repair nearly any bodily damage if applied in sufficient time. As for Starkiller, he is dead. He never came back. The character in TFUII is a clone, cursed with imperfect memory flashes from his progenitor. That alone creates an interesting story in its own regard, with the ability to question the perception of identity based on what determines self: memories or actions?

That said, Tamson is an obvious candidate for not returning. No amount of cybernetics can return life to...chum. And Mara succumbed to poison spread throughout her bloodstream. To even consider bringing her back, they would have to remove the toxins from her blood, and reverse the damage done to affected tissue, not to mention the deterioration of synapses. Steela suffered impact trauma the likes of which would have led to massive internal damage and brain trauma, that while theoretically treatable by Star Wars standards, wasn't an option so far out from sophisticated medical facilities. And I'm honestly in favor of Gregor not returning; while Katarn-class armor is ridiculously resilient, that was a hell of an explosion. If Fi incurred brain trauma from an indirect shelling in True Colors, it's a bit much to think Gregor's going to walk away from a direct explosion of that caliber.

2. Random Comments

Random Comments Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 25, 2012
    *cough*we could always decanonize LotF to bring Mara back...*cough*

3. Kualan

Kualan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 4, 2008
    I always assumed we'd see Trench again. The whole "he survived before" thing from near identical circumstances in 'Cat And Mouse' pretty heavily foreshadowed it. I assumed he was pulling some kind of arachnid web-cocoon deal to protect himself in the void.

4. Darth Ibonek

Darth Ibonek Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 11, 2013
    [​IMG]

5. Mia Mesharad

Sep 2, 2012
    While I'm not exactly a fan of everything the series brought to the table, and do genuinely sympathize with Mara fans, I'd be personally loathe to decanonize the series simply for the loss of the enjoyable Mandalore subplot, the existence of Mirta Gev, and the establishment of the first canonical representation of a gay couple in a franchise that's deeply behind the times.

6. Hercu Dogla

Hercu Dogla Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 13, 2013
    I agree with pretty much everything you say here. Death certainly plays an interesing role within the Star Wars universe to say the least. It starts making you wonder just who is really dead...

My only question to your comments is do we ever really find out the Starkiller in FUII was really a clone. It's been a long time since I played it and I remember that's what Vadar says but doesn't Kota say that its impossible to clone a jedi? Especially to clone a jedi and maintain the immense power that Starkiller possessed? I don't even remember the ending so i really can't say for sure but if he really was a clone and things were that simple, why not just clone a bunch of Jedi? I throw some Obi Wan DNA to kamino and start pumpin em out like rabbits?

7. Kev Snowmane

Kev Snowmane Jedi Master star 3

Jan 1, 2013
    Tup is clearly acting like someone who is fighting some sort of conditioning process. He's struggling against conflicting sets of thoughts: one that tells him the Jedi are his generals and haven't betrayed the Republic and the implanted command to kill them w/o question.

The Shadow Emperor likes this.
  8. Random Comments

Random Comments Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 25, 2012
    I was bored to tears by the entire series, except the bits where I was in tears of rage or sadness. I honestly wouldn't miss any of it if it fell into a crack in time...

Pfluegermeister likes this.
  9. Kev Snowmane

Kev Snowmane Jedi Master star 3

Jan 1, 2013
    This is the 2nd time this has happened to me in recent years. I was (and am) a huge Wolverine and The X-Men series fan. They had Season 2 pre sold to Nickelodeon, but canned it at the last minute citing "financing difficulties" (as if cash-flush Marvel couldn't afford to front for a pre-sold show).

It was (and is) studio politics pure and simple. Disney/Marvel didn't want to "help" Nick with a popular and profitable show, and Disney/Lucasfilm doesn't want to "help" Cartoon Network likewise.

10. Mia Mesharad

Sep 2, 2012
    Kota says it's impossible, but that's not actually true. We've had a number of cloned Force-users throughout Star Wars history, and the "Distant Thunder" unlockable cutscenes in TFUII show that the original Galen Marek is indeed dead and Vader has been going through clones in an attempt to find a perfect Starkiller servant. Try checking them out on YouTube if you're curious.

That said, the reason there aren't armies of Force-using clones roaming the galaxy is that any attempt to accelerate a Force-sensitive clone's aging creates an unstable mental state, as seen by the rampant Starkiller clones that were being grown on Kamino, and the protagonist clone's own mental instability. It requires either a lengthier gestation period, or proximity to a Force-nullifying element, such as a ysalamir.

11. Hercu Dogla

Mar 13, 2013
    Fair enough... I admit my knowledge on the subject is mediocre at best. I only asked because i actually just started another playthrough FU2 after two years and I'm only through the first two missions...

12. Hercu Dogla

Mar 13, 2013
    So I apologize in advance for the double post but I'm thinking about this a few hours later and I guess you can't edit posts after a certain period of time or something?

But on the whole death thing and how Maul survives the more I think about the more plausible it becomes in my head. If we think about it, lightsabers usually cauterize wounds they cause which usually prevents bleeding out (I'm thinking of Anakin losing his arm or Luke his hand) and while being cut in half would probably not feel very good, maul could initially survive the slice provided he didn't bleed out. The only thing that has me puzzled is him surviving the long fall to where ever that tube went... IDK. This may not even really be on topic but it was mentioned earlier and I've been dwelling on it pretty much all day...

13. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    I think most of us have swelled on how Maul could of survived for a long time now.

Disney has never been real good at sharing. Doug is one of the few shows I can thing of that survived the jump and the Nick version was way better.

Hank Hill and cwustudent like this.
  14. Circular Logic

Circular Logic Jedi Master star 4

Mar 3, 2013
    If I recall correctly, in the TCW comic The Sith Hunters, Darth Maul has a flashback that shows him surviving the plummet down the reactor shaft by falling into a pool of liquid. Afterwards, he (rather, his upper half) is sucked into a garbage tube along with the liquid and taken to Lotho Minor, where is eventually discovered by Morley and brought into the pit that he ended up calling home for over a decade before Savage discovered him.

Obviously, Maul's hatred and mastery of the Dark Side was so great that he was able to survive his bisection. As Mia Mesharad mentioned before, there is precedence to the arcane ability to defy death in the stories of the ancient Sith Lords like Andeddu and Sion.

Mia Mesharad likes this.
  15. Hercu Dogla

Mar 13, 2013
    Yea i guess that makes sense... I'm still relatively new to this whole ordeal, currently working my way through season four. So I guess what is new to me is likely old hat to the rest of the forum.

And I agree that Disney wants to almost cut all ties with that which came before its rule. Its almost as if they want to starve us of new content (save for the bonus content that was already made) before episode 7 as if that would make us want to go see it more or something. I don't really understand that tactic when TCW could have drawn in a lot of money for the company had they simply moved channels but alas such is the way of studio politics i guess.

As long as they are able to do the series justice and end it on not only good terms but on their own terms then it may turn out for the better. While it would have been nice to see another season or two they still have a chance to go out with a bang.

16. Sgt Crowfield

Sgt Crowfield Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 27, 1999
    You don't even need the head. Attuma Duum from the Aayla Secura comic book did it before (not a clone despite the uu I think ;p)

The Shadow Emperor likes this.
  17. SeparatistFan

SeparatistFan Jedi Master star 3

Oct 19, 2012
    He is a great villain and I am very pleased that he will be back, that upcoming arc looks awesome.

18. cwustudent

cwustudent Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2011
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Star_Wars:_The_Clone_Wars_episodes

We're missing the Clovis arc, which has season 4 production codes. 3 episodes. And the seasons are usually written/produced in batches of 26. The Wrong Jedi's production code is 5.11. So its possible we'll see production episodes 5.12-5.26. That's 15 episodes. So...maybe we're getting 18 episodes for the final batch. Hopefully.

19. QuangoFett

QuangoFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 11, 2011
    I've wondered if the production schedule codes are merely arbitrary distinctions. If they aren't and there are already 15 discrete TCW S5 production code episodes that are almost fit to be distributed, then we should get at least 18. In addition, JAT said that Season 6 has been almost entirely completed. If he refers to the production schedule S6 rather than the broadcast S6 (which the "batch" system would imply), then that's another 26 episodes, of which only four would have been in the broadcast S6. Under this assumption, that leaves 22 potentially complete episodes that could have been part of the broadcast S7, and thus two complete broadcast seasons. If JAT refers to the broadcast S6 instead, then that still leaves us with one complete broadcast season rather than two.

If the production schedule S6 has indeed been completed, then we've got more than enough new TCW content to look forward to, possibly in excess of 40 new episodes. Some arcs and episodes will be cut for the sake of concision, but they hopefully have a good enough selection from which they can hammer out a substantial final "season" of TCW. This would be an ending on the crew's own terms, not simply good terms.

Keep in mind that this is a very optimistic interpretation of the TCW production system and its implications on any "bonus content," slanted to suit the optimistic view that this cancellation of TCW on TV hasn't catastrophically affected the overall narrative and flow of the series. Consider it an obligatory dissenting opinion to any more pessimistic interpretations. The obvious worst-case scenario is that no future arc is close enough to completion to need only touching up and that Disney pulled the plug prematurely, forcing the TCW crew to prioritise a handful of arcs (the Fives arc being one of a tiny number, diminishing with scant resources like the eponymous clone's squad) and hastily assemble a tolerable yet non-ideal conclusion to the series that is noticeably abrupt rather than substantial.

20. cwustudent

cwustudent Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2011
    Is the bonus footage (Tup/Trench) on youtube?

21. Cevan

Cevan Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 16, 2013
    Indeed it is!

JediGirl_Angelina and cwustudent like this.
  22. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    It looks surprisingly realistic when Tup's pupils dilate.

23. Cevan

Cevan Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 16, 2013
    Something I noticed in this clip after watching it so many times is that outside in space you can see some explosions quite frequently. At one point, you can even see some ships fly by, one of which I believe to be a Z-95 Headhunter. It seems that there will also be a space battle going on at the same time.

AkashKedavra_93 and Seerow like this.
  24. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Yes, it does look like all that old fashioned 501st vs Droids and slaying Jedi action is happening in the backdrop of a space battle. Its looking like this will be a hell of an arc. Lets see if this one tops Umbara for me.

Sgt Crowfield likes this.
  25. Circular Logic

Circular Logic Jedi Master star 4

Mar 3, 2013
    IGN has a new article in which James Arnold Taylor gives additional thoughts on the show's cancellation, his thoughts on Season 5 (including Ahsoka's fate), and a few hints of future Obi-Wan/Anakin interactions in Season 6 (or rather, the "bonus content"). Apparently he only just watched "The Wrong Jedi" the day before the interview.