main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

I think Cad Bane is the coolest thing since Sliced Bread...

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by LordThrawnStark, Mar 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cad Carnage

Cad Carnage Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 22, 2013
  2. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    Jedi is plural. Like sheep. One sheep, two sheep. Not one sheep, two sheeps. One Jedi, two Jedi, three Jedi, etc. Not Jedis, and definitely not "Jedi's." :)

3. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    Please don't shoehorn your agenda into every thread, cheers.

4. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    Sorry pal, I cannot oblige. I'm going to be fighting the good fight on this one along with my fellow Clone Wars fans. And this is the place to do it.

CaptainRex115 likes this.
  5. Cad Carnage

Jan 22, 2013
    You're absolutely right, fixed.

[​IMG]

6. LandoThe CapeCalrissian

LandoThe CapeCalrissian Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 30, 2012
    Cad Bane is really cool but the fact that he manages to escape top tier Jedi like Anakin, Kenobi, and in one episode both Kenobi and Quinlon Vos is utterly ridiculous.

Whats the point of being Jedi Master level if you can take down a single being with no connection to the Force. A simple force grab breaking his foot is enough to finish him. Yet he makes epic Jedi look foolish.

Kinda stupid and makes being a Jedi useless compared to some fancy Tech.

7. The Shadow Emperor

The Shadow Emperor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 29, 2012
    Bane was introduced specifically as a character who could outwit and outclass Jedi. That's what makes him so deadly effective as a bounty hunter and as a villain. His tech was also tailor-made to counter the abilities of Force users, for what it's worth.

Of course, there's also the fact that the Force doesn't necessarily make you infallible. Bane helps to serve as a reminder of that fact; that you don't have to use the Force to be a powerful and cunning presence on the battlefield.

8. Arrian

Aug 15, 2011
    Well it's derailing threads and off topic, so don't expect others to just ignore it.

9. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    Purpose of the thread: Cad Bane is cool. My addition: agreed, let's try to get his last episodes made!

It's relevant, bro.

QuangoFett likes this.
  10. General Immodet

General Immodet Jedi Master star 5

Dec 5, 2012
    I think there have been way cooler things than Cad Bane.
    For some reason, I never really liked Bane. In my opinion, he just did not fit into the SW universe.
    He looked too much like John Wayne and Clint Eastwood in their Western movies.
    Come on, a Duros with a hat? Really?
    I did not like it how he managed to do things other characters could not. Bane got to kill a Jedi, plot to kidnap Palpatine and take senators hostage?
    Isn't it a bit too much? Even Grievous and Dooku could not do what Bane did.
    No, Bane is not a go for me...
    They should have brought back Durge.

11. K'Kruhk

K'Kruhk Jedi Master star 4

Dec 11, 2011
    Like his hat? ;)

I know, bounty hunters and Duros seem really out of place in the Star Wars universe don't they? ;)

Apart from the obvious differences in eye colour, skin pigmentation, metalic tubes, dress sense, baldness and blasters. ;)

The horror! What's next? A Whiphid with a hat? Someone surviving bisection? ;)

Jango Fett, another bounty hunter, managed to kill a Jedi on-screen :eek:
    A plot which involved other bounty hunters under the planning of a Sith Lord you mean? ;)
    Because he took all those senators hostage all by himself didn't he? ;)

Like what, command the Separatist army? ;)

You can't bring back someone in a show they were never in to begin with ;)

The Shadow Emperor likes this.
  12. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Brought back? He was never in the show to begin with [face_laugh]

13. Arrian

Aug 15, 2011
  14. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    I like Bane, the real most interesting man in the Galaxy is Ohnaka. =b

[​IMG]

15. General Immodet

General Immodet Jedi Master star 5

Dec 5, 2012
    You know what I mean.

K'Kruhk
    I really liked the Duros crime family which appeared in KOTOR 2. Duros can make some fine bounty hunters, but Cad Bane just does not fit the picture.
    Personnally, I do not think Duros would wear the things Bane wore. I like his gadgets. Jango Fett, Boba Fett, Durge, Falco Sang, Aurra Sing and all the other bounty hunters have some nice gadgets as well. But why does he have to wear that large hat? In my opinion, he just looks stupid while wearing a large, baffoon hat. And yeah, I did not like Maul's survival either. K'Kruhk was the first one who wore a hat (if you do not count Vader wearing a hat in that special issue of the Marvel comic series). He is a Jedi. His robe and his hat inspire tranquility. A bit like they wore hats in Asia in the past (well, they probably still do).
    Jango Fett and Boba Fett were THE bounty hunters of SW. Jango killing a Jedi was not suprising. Bane just appears out of nowhere and manages to kill a Jedi.
    Even Grievous had so much luck killing Jedi in the series although he was the Jedi slayer. By the way, do you really think that bounty hunters would just be able to walk in the Senate that easy? Okay, Bane might be a good bounty hunter and his companions are also pretty good, but if capturing some Senators is that easy, why has someone else not done that before? Sure, there have been better assassins ans soldiers before them.
    Bane did command some Trade Federation ships, didn't he? ;)
    Well, that is just my opinion...

16. Cevan

Cevan Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 16, 2013
    The main issue with Cad Bane replacing Jango in AotC would be that the Clone Army would be Duros instead of humans.

17. Cad Carnage

Jan 22, 2013
    Force Smuggler likes this.
  18. Lord Optimus

Lord Optimus Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 30, 2011
    I voted for Yoda and Bane, two of my favorites Star Wars characters ever.

19. Quirkiness101

Quirkiness101 Jedi Padawan star 1

Jan 9, 2013
    ****, had to go with Hondo on that one. I'd love to see that fight actually happen though. It'd be hilarious (if a bit of a blow-out xD)

20. Cevan

Cevan Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 16, 2013
    It was a difficult decision, but I ended up voting for Cad Bane in the end. I have a feeling this will be one of the closest outcomes.

21. Cad Carnage

Jan 22, 2013
    Cad Bane wins! Wasn't as close as I thought it would be.

Cad Bane 72%
    Hondo 28%

CaptainRex115 likes this.
  22. The Shadow Emperor

The Shadow Emperor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 29, 2012
    If Bane manages to beat Jabba, he'll be up against either Darth Vader or Maul. It'll probably be the former, but whatever the case it'll be interesting to see how well he fares against them.

23. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    Cad was cool initially because he was different, then he became a kind of Fett rip-off and I didn't care so much anymore.

24. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    I would have put Maul vs. Savage (or Gunray); Dooku vs. Asajj; and Sidious vs. Tarkin... Every initial pairing seems to have some kind of theme or pair characters that are associated with each other somehow...

But... IG-88 vs. Palpatine?

25. Cad Carnage

Jan 22, 2013
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.