main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub Obi-Wan Kenobi: v4 Fan Club a/k/a Appreciation Society

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Valairy Scot, Sep 4, 2012.

1. serendipityaey

serendipityaey Jedi Master star 4

Jan 24, 2004
    I'm sure it will be on iTunes no matter what, and I'm sure it will be available elsewhere as well, as I've never heard of anything being iTunes exclusive. DVD's, tv specials or web specials

I think if GL had an opinion about something Kathleen Kennedy and everyone below her would absolutely listen to him; but he doesn't make any decisions anymore, no

hlc88 and laloga like this.
  2. obimom

obimom Jedi Master star 4

Oct 31, 2010
    Hey...just saying hi...

I have the next couple days off to get ready for my tax appt. on Sat..and to get some rest too..but don't know how much I'll be able to hang around...probalby some though. A four day weekend ... Can't remember the last time I had that..

Maybe I'll even finally get my last chapter written...;)

In reading all the SW stuff about TCW, Disney, on itunes or not, etc. I have to say I guess I'm not a true SW fan as much as I am an Obi-Wan fan...

Truthfully, it will be hard for me to have much interest if Obi-Wan (and Obi-Wan as played by Ewan) isn't a part of it...but then again...

When the new stuff gets made, I could change my mind...:)

3. Eryndil

Eryndil Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 18, 2012
    I feel much the same. I might watch it but it probably wouldn't hold the same interest without Obi-Wan. Mind you, I'm not even that keen on TCW, so I guess I have a very limited focus with SW.

4. obimom

Oct 31, 2010
    Okaaaaaay....taking a break from taxes on my day off to see what is going on....nothing I see...(sigh)

Oh well, need to work on my story anyway while I'm taking a break...

then back to the taxes...

5. ruth baulding

ruth baulding Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 3, 2012
    Sorry- exhausted from a lengthy field trip to a Revolutionary War reenactment, one of those fully-costumed historical enactment things. It was quite engorssing - by the end of the day my entire class of teenagers was hunkered behind a stone wall, fake muskets at the ready, screaming "DEATH FIRST" at the top of thier lungs. Yes, even the gentle vegetarians!!!!
    Interesting look at how quickly warfare, even simulated warfare, can set alight instinctive passion... whatever conflict or side you are on. Perhaps sobering.
    That's my excuse... good luck with your taxes, Deb and where is the Obi love when we need it???

6. Eryndil

Dec 18, 2012
    *tiptoes out of the thread* [face_worried]

ruth baulding likes this.
  7. ruth baulding

Sep 3, 2012
    No come back!!
    I glutted myself on Jaffa Cakes this weekend as a show of solidarity!!!! Besides, after WWII we are all bosom buddies again, and rightly so.

8. ruth baulding

Sep 3, 2012
    Besides, as Deb who is doing her taxes could affirm, all that rot about taxation without representation has come back to bite us in our Yankee bums![face_devil] So there's divine irony for you!

obimom likes this.
  9. obimom

Oct 31, 2010
    Indeed. Where's the tea party? :D

Revolutionary War reenactments...Ruth, at the Church we used to attend there was a man and his son who was really into it...they dressed the part, carried the arms, everything and took part in reenactments frequently. There was even a tape made of it...and we watched it one night.

The thing is, both father and son looked like they came straight out of that era. The father has since passed away, sadly, I wonder if the son is still doing it. Probably, he was really into it.

10. Eryndil

Dec 18, 2012
    Ooh, extra points for using UK terminology! Have another Jaffa Cake :)

Oh blast, now I want Jaffa cakes... *wonders where to find some at 3:45am* Nope, I don't fancy a 25 mile round trip, even for Jaffa cakes.

11. ruth baulding

Sep 3, 2012
    I wonder if they do Historical Reenactments in the GFFA? You know, like "Ancient times of yore" portrayed for curious younglings. Back before hyperdrives were efficient, before the Republic had much sway beyond the Core, etc. WIth Period Costumes. and weapons that shot actual solid projectiles and so on. Master Yoda is probably a secret afficionado. !

12. ruth baulding

Sep 3, 2012
    Here you are my dear.[​IMG]Now go to bed and dream of Obi.

13. Eryndil

Dec 18, 2012
    Hmmm, sounds like KOTOR...

14. Eryndil

Dec 18, 2012
    Lovely! I think I'll do that *stuffs her gob full of Jaffa cake and snuggles under the duvet with happy thoughts of Obi* :D

Cheerio, Obi-Fans, mind the bed bugs don't bite...

obimom likes this.
  15. ruth baulding

Sep 3, 2012
    "Obi-Wan, it is three forty-five antemeridian. What in stars' name are you doing still awake at this hour?"
    "I can't sleep, master. Besides, from a certain point of view I'm merely up early."
    "Hm. And I suppose I am to attribute your high spirits to anticipation of the Galactic HIstory field trip tomorrow?"
    "I am looking forward to it, master - did you know that your homeworld was placed under restrictive trade sanctions for its violation of Republic interplanetary diplomatic conventions during the X'zibbu Conflict? And-"
    "Padawan."
    "-I'm sorry, master."
    "I sense a disturbance in the Force. In fact, I sense a sugar high. Have you been indulging in sweets?"
    "Ah.."
    "Let me guess. Reeft smuggled in some Jaffa Cakes from the tariff-free shops at the spaceport."
    "Oh.. yes, master. We had a bit of a celebration earlier, and um...."
    "Very well. Why don't burn off the extra energy by running the Temple perimeter three times? When you get back, you'll be just in time to get up early with me for morning meditation."

Eryndil and obimom like this.
  16. obimom

Oct 31, 2010
    Ruth...that was....

awesome.

And funny. [face_rofl]

17. Eryndil

Dec 18, 2012
    Heh, good old Reeft - you can always rely on him to supply the goodies :)

Isn't it funny how two people can read the same thing and come to completely different conclusions about its content? Sometimes I see a review on ff.net which really surprises me in that way. I know we all have our own opinions and interpretations but it makes me wonder if I misunderstood the authors intention. And my mind starts churning with ideas for debate!

18. ruth baulding

Sep 3, 2012
    It's especially funny when you are the author. And then someone congratulates you on how well you have protrayed the evil manipulating and stuck up Jedi Order!! And here you thought the Jedi were your /protagonists/. Which all goes to show something, but I'm not sure what.
    Maybe another Jaffa cake will lend clarity.

obimom and Valairy Scot like this.
  19. Eryndil

Dec 18, 2012
    You and Val both seem to get it quite a lot. I guess that's what happens when you write complex, thought-provoking stories. If I ever get my serious multi-chapter fics finished, I shall be tempted to set out my intended interpretation right from the start!

20. hlc88

hlc88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Urgh... I've spent this whole week trying to figure out how to finish this chapter in my fic. And then it hit me this afternoon. All it needed was another three sentences.

Obi-Wan clearly doesn't want to be rescued if he's preventing me from finishing writing his scenes... Perhaps he likes his new home... :cool:

21. ruth baulding

Sep 3, 2012
    No no no.... that would take all the fun out of it, I promise. :p Plus it's really humiliating and healthy when somebody completely does a 180 degree hermeneutic on your stuff. And then you get insight into human nature. What I find is that there are two kinds of Star Wars fans: those who love the universe because of the Jedi, and those who love it in SPITE of the Jedi. When I write about asceticism particularly, especially custody of the passions and emotions, the most amazing diversity of reviews pour in, depending on the individuals' own ethical and spiritual predilections. Action scenes are alsmost always uniform in reaction, because who doesn't like explosions and severed limbs and so on? Actually, I'm quite sure that if my poor pacifist mother-in-law ever read some of these tales, she would post some SCATHING reviews, but I digress.

obimom and Valairy Scot like this.
  22. ruth baulding

Sep 3, 2012
    Oh good heavens, no - RESCUE him, for the love of the Force!!!!

Valairy Scot likes this.
  23. Eryndil

Dec 18, 2012
    Our Obi can be a bit contrary sometimes! But I think it's best for him to be rescued - the only situation where that might not be necessary is...

Anakin: Master, I've heard what they have planned for you - it's horrible!
    Obi: And what's that, Padawan?
    Anakin: They're going to set a dozen rampant Obi-Wan fans loose on you.
    Obi: Oh really?
    Anakin: So I've come to rescue you.
    Obi: I don't think that will be necessary, Anakin. I'm sure I can handle them on my own.
    Anakin: But Master, what if they do things to you?
    Obi: Mmmmmm.
    Anakin: Master, I don't think you're taking this seriously.
    Obi: Don't worry Padawan, rampant Obi-Wan fans are my speciality. Now run along and leave me to deal with this.

[​IMG]

24. ruth baulding

Sep 3, 2012
    Bwa ha ha! Look at him. YES! Oh help, I'm hatching a new April Fool's Day story... I only permit myself a self-insert once a year. And this is about the time.

25. Eryndil

Dec 18, 2012
    I trust that Obi-Wan will be scantily clad once again :D