main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Redundant, Counter-Productive Speculation Time Is Over: "The Star Wars" Announced

Discussion in 'Literature' started by CooperTFN, Feb 11, 2013.

1. Zorrixor

Zorrixor Chosen One star 6

Sep 8, 2004
    instantdeath likes this.
  2. Jedifirefly5

Jedifirefly5 Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 5, 2012
    It's not true. All princes in Disney slum with the maids and mermaids and the comatose so why can't the princesses? BTW Repunzel in Tangled was my fave and she hooked up with a con artist and so did Jasmine and Pocohantas.

I realize how pathetic I am that I know this. I have a lil sister.............

3. instantdeath

instantdeath Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 22, 2010
  4. BoromirsFan

BoromirsFan Jedi Master star 4

May 16, 2010
    well the news of something coming up gives me hope for dark horse keeping the license.

I was really worried because there were no fall 2013 releases, but now we have the kotor omnibus and possibly something else

5. spicer

spicer Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2012
    Randy said over at the DH forums that we might wait till next week for the announcement.

6. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Why does this sound so familiar? Kemp duology and Sword of the Jedi ringing any bells? Probably won't be that bad butit has begun.

7. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
  8. Zorkel567

Zorkel567 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2010
    My guess for what will happen- Randy will make the big announcement, and then a day, a week, or a month later, whaterver the announcement was shall be cancelled. It happened to Detorus, 1313, TCW Season 6, and First Assault. Disney won't let this one by either.

9. instantdeath

instantdeath Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 22, 2010
    Eh, no need to be so pessimistic yet. So far we haven't seen any evidence of the comics side of things being hit.

BoromirsFan likes this.
  10. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Evidence? You need evidence? THIS. IS. THE. INTERNET!

You know better than that ID!

11. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    I'm surprised that doesn't get more discussion.

BoromirsFan likes this.
  12. DarthMane2

DarthMane2 Force Ghost star 5

Sep 20, 2003
    Like I've said before I think DH is in the clear until the contract is up. It's when that's up that the end has come for DH and SW comics. Till then I feel they can still do what they want. Wood being on board for 20 issues makes me believe in the possiblity that the licenes still has 2 more years. Meaning Disney and Marvel will get the license a good half year before the movie, which is probably what they want. This isn't to say they will get the license. DH might very well get to keep it. Doubt it though.

As for 1313, Disney may have had an effect, but Lucas Arts also doesn't have it's @#$^ together, so who knows.

13. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Maybe Randy knows their time is up, and with only one year left to go and TCW dead, they're gonna make the most of it.

Obsession II.

BoromirsFan and JackG like this.
  14. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    Obsess Harder?

15. RC-1991

RC-1991 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 2, 2009
    Obi-wan and Asajj: the Rom-Com

16. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    If I see one more person make a joke like that around here I'm gonna go... I dunno... slap a duros from duro or something.

Zorrixor and darthcaedus1138 like this.
  17. CooperTFN

Jul 8, 1999
    The ones in Chalmun's cantina?

Zorrixor and darthcaedus1138 like this.
  18. krtmd

krtmd Jedi Master star 4

Sep 5, 2012
    et tu CooperTFN?

MistrX likes this.
  19. CooperTFN

Jul 8, 1999
    ONE OF US

20. Jeff_Ferguson

Jeff_Ferguson Force Ghost star 5

May 15, 2006
    The announcement was delayed again because Doug Wheatley is doing the art for it. That's why it sounds so familiar.

MistrX likes this.
  21. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    Obsession II:
    The battle of Tellanroaeg rages as part of the Outer Rim Sieges, with an atoning Barriss Offee and her new Padawan facing a fearsome foe: the Admiral Mar Tuuk, responsible for the liberation of the Separatist Council from Republic custody months earlier.

The battle has been a disaster for the Republic, with losses high amongst Jedi and clones. As Offee and Zonder, whom command of Republic ground forces has fallen to after the death of Po Bandis, come to terms with their impending deaths, Tera Sinube, Eeth Koth and Voolvif Monn launch a daring, yet ultimately futile attempt to save their fellow Jedi. The duo's fleet is smashed in orbit by Tuuk's superior strategic prowess, and Offee's troops are denied the reinforcements they desperately require. Mourning the loss of selfless Sinube and Monn, Offee comes to realise her actions at the Temple were wrong, and vows to leave the Order at the end of the war, if indeed she survives the slaughter at Tellanroaeg. Barriss orders her beleaguered troops to engage the Separatist ground forces' commander head on, the famous Luckily, the Knight and her Padawan are able to reach their CIS opponent face to face, and in spite of her desire to do so, Barriss doesn't strike the commander down, Lok Durd. Taking Durd prisoner, the two Jedi are joined by unexpected allies, long presumed dead: Even Piell and Adi Gallia, whom are prisoners of the depraved Neimodian. Barriss' unwillingness to respond to the darkness that resides within her means she will never ever touch the Dark Side again.The two Jedi explain to Barriss and Zonder that they both entered healing trances which enabled them to survive their wounds, and in Piell's case, lava.
    :p

The two returned Jedi also explain that they were captured by Separatist forces and Durd personally took them into his possession once he was freed from prison, such was his fascination with Jedi since Maridun. The four Jedi quickly decide to appropriate some starfighters and join the remnants of the rescue fleet, which Eeth Koth is valiantly leading against the overwhelming Confederacy numbers. The space battle rages for hours, until Koth launches a daring raid upon Tuuk's flagship. Despite the urging of his fellow Jedi the Iridonian lands aboard the Lucrehulk-class carrier, and attempts to cut his way to Tuuk. In the ship's vast hangar Koth is stuck down by the sheer staggering number of B1, SBDs and droidekas.

This death, coupled with Zonder's need to abandon ship due to suffering several critical hits, prompts Adi Gallia to abandon the strategy of conventional warfare. As Tuuk's ship lowers its shields to launch a wave of new droid starfighters, Gallia makes a micro hyperspace jump into the bridge of the vulnerable carrier. Tuuk is instantly killed and his flagship crippled. Gallia's sacrifice allows the Republic forces to push the CIS, who suffers under the loss of their genius commander, temporarily back, and the droids make a jump to the other side of the planet.

With the battle at a temporary impasse, Offee and Zonder are ordered off-world to Felucia. Piell returns to the Jedi Temple on Coruscant, though his torture, lava wounds and months as a captive mean he will never be the warrior he once was, or reclaim the duties of a Jedi Councilor. T'raa Saa and Bultar Swan, both great healers, arrive to assist in the recuperation of the Republic survivors, before the battle reignites in earnest. Tholme, recent hero of the months long Siege of Saleucami, too arrives on the Outer Rim Tellanroaeg, and is charged with leading the Republic's counterattack. Eeth Koth's place on the Jedi Council is claimed by Agen Kolar. Lok Durd is transported to Coruscant, where he sits out the last few weeks of the war in a Republic prison. He is promptly executed following Empire Day.

That's the best I got.
    Perhaps Obsession III will deal with Ahsoka and Asajj. :p

Barriss_Coffee likes this.
  22. BoromirsFan

BoromirsFan Jedi Master star 4

May 16, 2010
    So they have a secret contract to 2014? I thought it was public that it expires at the end of 2013.

I hope disney sees that DH is a better fit for star wars than marvel. But I can take solace in DH losing the license if their series can end with dignity.

23. Corax78

Corax78 Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 2, 2008
    There was never any announcement saying how long DH had the license for, and since Brian Wood confirmed that he's writing Star Wars through issue 20 that puts it on the shelves until August of next year.

BoromirsFan likes this.
  24. CooperTFN

Jul 8, 1999
    Also, there's presumably a certain gulf of time between the official end of a contract and the release of the final contracted material.

BoromirsFan likes this.
  25. son_of_skywalker03

son_of_skywalker03 Force Ghost star 4

Dec 7, 2003

I'm pretty sure it was Chris Evans that was signed on for 3 Captain America and 3 Avengers movies (plus the occasional cameo).