main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga - PT Order 65 Diary challenge Completed Dec 17th 2013

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Falcon, Jan 8, 2013.

1. Alexis_Wingstar

Alexis_Wingstar Jedi Master star 4

Sep 16, 2006
    More and more intriguing, this is.

Why in backwards syntax I am replying, I know not. :p

JediFalcon and Jade_eyes like this.
  2. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    I hope they catch the culprit soon. Poor Ahsoka!

JediFalcon likes this.
  3. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Meh, of course it's a trap, the evidence, and the whole rest of it, to keep the council chasing their tails, etc. and to keep Fress off-kilter. :rolleyes: Loved Fress's loyalty and her commentary on the assinine council. Sounds slightly familiar :p Love also Alexis' backward syntax [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

JediFalcon likes this.
  4. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    Thanks for the feedback everyone

There might be a few phantom tags because I edited out the post for spelling.

5. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    Ventriss turned her back to me as I watched her with a serious expression. I had this huge feeling Ventriss knew who the Sith lord was the council was looking for. She turned around to face me. Her features had softened as she reached into her pocket. “During my pursuit of revenge against Dooku, I recorded this transmission between him and his master. I will give it to you on one of two conditions. First you tell me your suspicions, secondly, promise me you will speak with the Council on my behalf.”

I looked at Ahsoka before turning my attention to Ventriss. “It’s Palpatine and you have my word,” I heard Ahsoka take in a sharp breath as I held out my hand. Ventriss handed the recording over as I switched it on. A man dressed in a cloak enough to hide his face appeared.

Ahsoka walked forward as I paused it. I took out my holo identifier. “I need a voice identification print,” I spoke to the identifier. I hit play and listened as the holo identifier displayed Palpatine’s profile.

“I don’t believe it, all this time?” Ahsoka questioned as I turned my attention to Ventriss.

“I promise to make sure the Council knows it was you that helped me get the evidence I need to arrest Palpatine,” I promised with a frown. I knew it. He was the one.

“Fress, you have to go back to the Temple with this, don’t worry about me. I can handle it,” Ahsoka pleaded as I secured the holo recording in my belt pocket.

I paused for a second unsure of what to do. If Ahsoka did get caught before we had a chance to prove her innocence and I was with her, I could lose my chance to convict Palpaitne. On the other hand I couldn’t leave Ahsoka to the hungry military. “Promise me one thing.”

“And what’s that?” Ahsoka questioned with a frown.

“Don’t get caught until we can get this sorted out,” I said with a frown.

“Just go Fress. This is too important,” Ahsoka pleaded with a frown. “You’re a good friend and I won’t forget you risking yourself on my behalf but if we don’t stop Palpatine. It will be worse and I could never forgive myself.”

Ahsoka stepped forward and hugged me. “Please just go. I’ll be fine.”

I returned the hug with a bad gut feeling before I took a step back before I walked to the door. “Ventriss, keep Ahsoka out of trouble.”

“No promises,” Ventriss said as I opened the door and walked out. I ran to the speeder I brought with me and jumped in.
    -----------------
    I finished making a copy of the recording and securing it in my safe just in case anyone got any ideas. I locked it as my comlink demanded attention. I hit the receive button. “Go ahead.”

“Fress, it’s Anakin. We captured Ahsoka and she’s asking for you,” Anakin said with a frown. “They won’t allow you in unless I’m with you.”

I cursed under my breath as I acknowledged Anakin. “I’m on my way,” as I stepped out the door a knight walked up to me handing me a recorder. “What’s this?”

“The person wouldn’t say but said to make sure you received it,” the knight answered as he walked away.

I hit the play button as Ventriss appeared looking slightly dazed as if she was in a fight. “Colias, I was attacked. Someone took my lightsabers and attacked Ahsoka in the warehouse. I retrieved this footage. I believe this is the person who has set up Tano.”

Ventriss disappeared as I watched the person attack Ahsoka. I paused it at a close up of the individual. The body looked vaguely familiar. I lowered the recording as Barris walked up to me with a concerned expression. I looked at the holo footage and at her again. Then I noticed the lightsabers in her hands. “It was you who attacked Ahsoka?”

Barris didn’t answer as she ignited the lightsabers as red blades appeared with a snap hiss and rushed me.

I unhooked my lightsaber and ignited it with a snap hiss. A silver blade appeared as I barely blocked both red blades.
    ----------------------
    TBC
    Hazel
    Jade_eyes
    DaenaBenjen42
    dancing_star
    Alexis_Wingstar
    Rainbow Knight Star

6. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    :eek: [face_nail_biting] Great clifie. =D= Fress needs backup and fast!

JediFalcon likes this.
  7. Alexis_Wingstar

Sep 16, 2006
    Crud, Barris? Now that was unexpected.

JediFalcon likes this.
  8. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    :eek: I did not see that one coming.

JediFalcon likes this.
  9. DaenaBenjen42

DaenaBenjen42 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 15, 2005
    I'm lost... but it's a good kind of lost. Is this an AU where Ventriss wasn't a Sith, but Barris Offee is? Interesting...

JediFalcon likes this.
  10. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    Actually Ventriss turned back to the light side after being abandoned by the Night Sisters and Bariss turned to the dark side season five episode 20 and framed Ahsoka for murder.

I'm not happy with how Ahsoka was expelled from the order so this is my rectifying how I think it should've ended for episode 20. Ahsoka walks away after the Jedi abandon her and is thrown to the clutches of an angry military. Bariss fed nano droids to a temple worker, killing innocents clones and Jedi, and frames Ahsoka for the crimes. Ventriss helps clears Ahsoka's name. Anakin gets to the truth and has Barris in custody before they read the verdict on Ahsoka.

What gives Barris away is she fights Anakin with Ventriss's lightsabers and he said and I quote:

You should've gotten rid of those while you still had the chance.

When Barris attacks Ahsoka in the warehouse she tried to get her to think it was Ventriss. I was beginning to suspect it was her due to the body type of the attacker.

11. DaenaBenjen42

May 15, 2005
    I haven't watched the series yet, thank you for the correction. :)

12. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    I used the Force to unhook Barris’s lightsaber from her belt by calling it to my hand. I ignited the blade as a blue blade appeared as she came at me hard and fast. I blocked low and high as she attempted to kill me.

“Halt, cease all hostile activity,” a voice from of the Jedi guards commanded as I pushed Barris against the wall.

“Why did you set up Ahsoka? She’s your friend as well as mine,” I growled as Barris pushed back with both lightsabers.

“She was the convenient clear choice,” Barris growled. “You would’ve caught on sooner. She’s trusting and naïve.”

“After this she won’t be,” I hardened my expression as we continued to trade blows as I noticed Anakin rounding the corner at a run. “You’ve fallen my old friend. You were a great Jedi.”

“Don’t be blind, Fress. We’re on the wrong side. The Jedi are wrong in being in the military,” Barris snapped back as I continued to block blows.

“Maybe,” I agreed with a hardened expression. “That doesn’t mean to make a statement by murdering others. There are peaceful ways.”

“It gets my point across,” Barris growled. “And I thought you would understand that.”

“To end the war is to find evidence against who the person is behind it,” I pointed out painstakingly. “Stooping to their level won’t solve anything.”

Barris used the Force to slam me against the wall as I got to my feet. She came at me quickly as I stretched out with the Force and pushed Barris through the window. I jumped through as she looked up at me with a glare.

I jumped down as younglings near by stopped what they were doing to watch us fight. “Stop this now. This is only making things worse for you.”

“Never,” Barris came at me again as I used the Force to slam her against the wall holding her there with my Force grip as the master teaching the younglings came to my aide.

“You’ve lost Barris,” I said relieving her of Ventriss’s lightsabers. “And these belong to Ventriss. You have a lot of explaining to do.”

The guards took Barris and placed a pair of stun cuffs on her hands. I looked at the Jedi security and nodded. “We have to stop the council from making a mistake. They have the wrong Jedi.” I said as Anakin caught up to us. “Anakin, we have to stop the council.”

Anakin nodded as he gestured to the guards as we headed towards the judgement chambers. We walked in as Obi-Wan raised his voice about the council making their decision prematurely.

“Stop!” I yelled out as the guards walked in with their lightsabers ignited surrounding Barris. “You have the wrong Jedi,” I said as Ahsoka’s features looked relieved then looked at Barris with shock. “We have a confession for the crimes you are about to accuse Ahsoka with. Barris, I believe you have something to say.”

“I did it,” Barris admitted with a frown. “And I would’ve gotten away with it if it weren’t for, Fress.”

“Ahsoka, Obi-Wan you are excused,” Mace spoke with a frown as Ahsoka looked at Barris with a serious expression.

“Why did you do it?” Ahsoka questioned as one of the security guards took the binders off her.

“The Jedi are wrong in the war,” Barris said with a serious expression. “We are peace keepers not soldiers.”

“Killing innocents have you, hmmm?” Yoda questioned. “A serious offence this is, expelled from the order and stripped of your rank will you.”

“Tarkin will be notified. A senator will speak on your behalf, but don’t expect too much mercy,” Mace spoke in a calm tone.

“Come on,” Anakin said with a frown as he placed a hand on Ahsoka’s shoulder. “Are you okay, Ahsoka?”

“No,” Ahsoka stared at Obi-Wan with a frown. “I appreciate you all for getting my name cleared but it feels like they don’t trust me.”

“I’m thinking ice cream,” I said with a grin. “My treat, what do you say?”

“Deal,” Ahsoka agreed as I hugged her. “How did you know it was her?”

“Ventriss sent a holo cube of you and Barris fighting at the warehouse,” I explained as I levitated the cube to Master Yoda. “Also she helped clear Ahsoka’s name. Master Yoda, I need to speak with you afterwards.”

“Question about the trials, is it?” Yoda questioned with a frown as I gave a short nod.

“Skywalker you are dismissed,” Mace said as Anakin raised an eyebrow with a frown. “The time is not yet for you to observe that part of her trials. It will be soon.”

“All right,” Anakin reluctantly left the chambers with Ahsoka and Obi-Wan as Ahsoka gave me a knowing smile.

When the doors closed I looked up at Yoda and the others as I produced the original holo recording. “Masters, Ventriss recorded this between Dooku and his master while she was looking for revenge against Dooku. She’s only agreed to give me the evidence that I put in a word for a full pardon on her war crimes. Ventriss is looking for a fresh start on life and has now picked up bounty hunting as a way for living.”

“If valuable this information is, a full pardon on the condition she comes before the council will we grant,” Yoda spoke with a frown. “Her lightsabers, she would want back?”

“I believe so. They were stolen from her,” I answered with a frown as I walked over to a holo unit and placed the recording in it. The recording played as I watched the masters carefully. I ran my voice print identifier as Palpatine’s profile appeared.

“We will send the holo recording in to be analyzed. If this is an unaltered recording, we will issue an arrest warrant for Palpatine immediately,” Mace commented with a frown. “Good work Knight Colias.”

“Thank you Master Windu,” I answered with a frown. “I will have to track Ventriss down to ask her to come to the temple on one condition.”

“And what is that?” Mace questioned with a serious expression.

“You don’t arrest her and make me look like a liar,” I cautioned with a serious expression.

“You have our word, Fress. I promise that won’t happen, we just want to make sure she is being sincere about starting over,” Mace explained with a frown. “I get the feeling you don’t trust us as much.”

“You were about to strip Ahsoka of her rankings without a thorough investigation. You assumed she was the one just because you found her in a warehouse with nano droids. How do you know she is the one who put them there or they were even hers to begin with? It would be difficult to trust the council after such an ordeal,” I explained with a serious expression as I took the holo cube. “All you did was assume without listening to reason.”

“It gives us a chance to learn from our mistakes. The council is not perfect in any way. Give us a chance to gain your trust again and it starts with giving Ventriss a full pardon on your word. We would like to speak with her nothingness," Mace explained with a frown.

“No offence Master, but she doesn’t trust the council. I will see what I can do,” I said with a frown.

“In the meantime,” Mace said as he stood up. “We should have the holo recording examined. If it is unaltered, we will issue a warrant on Palpatine’s arrest.”

I gave a short nod as Mace levitated the cube to his hand and stood up. He exited the chamber as Yoda watched me with concern.

“Apologize to Ahsoka, we must,” Yoda spoke. “If she leaves, blame her would I.”

I left the chambers of judgement and walked to where I could sense Ahsoka and Anakin waiting for me. I gave Ahsoka a hug and stepped back with a frown. “Yoda won’t blame you if you decide to leave.”

“I can’t leave now,” Ahsoka said with a frown. “Not while you’re still here.”

“Come on, I hear the double chocolate fudge calling your name,” I said with a grin knowing it was her favourite. “It’s on me.”

“I hear it too,” Ahsoka agreed with a grin. “Thanks Fress. You’re a good friend.”

“You would do the same for me,” I said with a hopeful smile.

“In a heart beat,” Ahsoka agreed whole-heartedly. “It will be difficult to trust them again.”

“Tell me about it.”
    ---------------
    TBC
    DaenaBenjen42
    Jade_eyes
    Hazel
    Alexis_Wingstar
    Rainbow Knight Star

13. DaenaBenjen42

May 15, 2005
    Good update, but I could not turn the inner beta off... (Not that that is all that odd, really...)

“To end the war is to find evidence against who the person is behind it,” Fress pointed out pain staking.

One: painstakingly

Two: your tenses slipped between first person journal, and third person story somewhere in the middle.

“No,” Ahsoka stared at Obi-Wan with a frown. “I appreciate you all for getting my name cleared but it feels like they don’t trust me.”

“I’m thinking ice cream,” I said with a grin. “My treat, what do you say?”

Yep... clear someone's name, got out for ice cream!!! Hee. :)

JediFalcon likes this.
  14. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Ice cream makes everything better. :D

JediFalcon likes this.
  15. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    This is definitely so. :D Great update and confrontation with Barris. Glad Fress was forthright about Ventriss and Fress's own lack of trust in the Council. :p

JediFalcon likes this.
  16. Alexis_Wingstar

Sep 16, 2006
    darn it, I have to catch up in the clone series! I'm reading too many stories here that have spoilers LOL

“Come on, I hear the double chocolate fudge calling your name,” I said with a grin knowing it was her favourite. “It’s on me.” <-- Yep, everyone knows double chocolate fudge makes everything better. ;)

17. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    I opened my eyes then quickly closed them again. My head was pounding, my side felt like it was someone was attempting to release the pressure with a pin and I felt sick to my stomach. I quickly glanced at the chrome unit noting it was just past midnight and we were supposed to be leaving for a mission in an hour. “Master?” I called out as I gripped my side.

I heard the door open and sensed both Anakin and Padme enter the room as I felt a gentle hand on my forehead. “I think I want to stay home.”

“Shhhh,” Padme soothed gently as I felt her place something against my forehead. “Anakin, call a medic and ask them to make an emergency house call and grab a cold cloth as well.”

“I’ll be back in a minute,” Anakin said sounding concerned as Padme sat down at the edge of my bed.

“Can you tell me what you’re feeling?” Padme questioned softly.

I listed off the symptoms as I heard Anakin reenter the bedroom and felt something cold on my forehead. I felt some relief but it wasn’t enough. “It hurts,” I said as I held my side. It was painful and I felt my heart pound. I just didn’t want to move.

Anakin and Padme’s voice drifted away as I closed my eyes.
    -----------------------
    I opened my eyes with a start as I felt a strong grip hold me down. I glanced up as Anakin watched me with concern. I moved my tongue back and forth and noticed I was parched. Not to mention the sore feeling of something being stuck down my throat. “What happened?” My voice cracked as I looked at Anakin with a frown. “Water?”

“I’ll have to ask the medic first,” Anakin answered as I waited for an explanation as to why I was in a recovery room. “What?”

I raised an eyebrow watching Anakin with a frown. You can’t be that thick in the head and why am I just noticing that now? “What happened to me?” I tapped my fingers wondering if I should attempt to spell it out for him or not.

“Oh that,” Anakin answered with a frown. “The medic wanted to talk with you as soon as you were awake again. I do know you’ll be off for a few days. Jess, Ahsoka and Padme are out in the waiting room. I’ll go let them know you’re awake. I was worried sick.”

Worried sick? Was it that bad I thought as Anakin stood up and left the room as a medic walked in. “Water?” I questioned with a hopeful smile.

“We’ll give you water shortly but not before the anaesthetic has a chance to clear your system,” the medic explained with a frown. “Fress, you had acute appendicitis. It can appear suddenly and without notice. The only option was surgery so I want you to rest for the next couple of weeks. No extreme activity and I have placed you on sick leave with the military and the Jedi. You will be fine and back up to full speed in three to four weeks from now.”

Four weeks? I’ll be lucky if I don’t lose my mind before then. “When can I have visitors? Jess Shern in particularly?”

“We’ll be moving you into a private room shortly,” the medic said with a frown. “Usually we don’t send patients with this type of surgery into private rooms. Considering who you are, we want you to rest and not be bothered.”

I frowned knowing this would be the norm from now on. I was a Jedi and was recognized occasionally by fans. I nodded in appreciation as Anakin walked back in with Jess in tow.

Jess walked to my bedside and handed me a teddy bear with a small ribbon behind the ear and a small lightsaber in the hand. It had a tiny Jedi robe on. “Oh Jess. Thank you,” I said as he leaned over and kissed me.

“How are you feeling?” Jess questioned with a slight smile.

“A little better since you kissed me,” I answered with a slight smile wondering if I can milk this for all it’s worth.

Jess didn’t disappoint as he kissed me on the forehead. “How about now?”

“Maybe,” I gave a sly smile as Jess gave a frustrated look and kissed me along the neck and lips.

“Fress, when you’re done milking this for all it’s worth with Jess,” Anakin interrupted causing Jess to pull back causing me to groan. “We need to talk to you about something.”

“What’s going on?” I questioned as I glanced at Jess with a sly smile. “Permission to continue milking later?”

“Permission granted,” Jess answered with a sly grin. “I would do the same.”

I smiled grateful for a wonderful boyfriend. “We’ll continue this conversation later.”

“Fress, someone broke into the apartment last night shortly after we left for here and ransacked your room,” Anakin explained with a frown. “Is there something in there that you can think of that they may have been after?”

I felt horror wash through me as I glanced at Jess with a serious expression. “There was a copy of a holo recording I was keeping in case the original went missing,” I explained with a sinking feeling. “It’s in the safe in my bedroom.”

“I’ll go check,” Jess offered with a serious expression. “If that’s all right with you, Anakin?”

“Go a head,” Anakin said as he walked to the chair and sat down beside my bed. “Fress, I talked with Mace and he told me you uncovered evidence acting against Palpatine. They had the holo cube analyzed and it’s clear it’s not a fake. Padme was in the process of warranting Palpatine’s arrest but the original holo cube was stolen.”

Please tell me the idiot didn’t go to Palpatine with this information. “I don’t feel good. That was our best chance at ending this war.”

“I didn’t see the safe, where did you keep it?” Anakin questioned with a serious expression.

“Jess knows where I keep it,” I explained with a grin. “There’s things in there that he knows that I don’t want others to know,” I sat up looking at Anakin feeling some concern. The pain was done to a dull ache. “Are you okay?”

“It’s a shock,” Anakin answered honestly. “I’m sorry for not listening, considering they went as far as ransacking your rooms means he doesn’t want the evidence to be used against him,” he paused for a second as he glanced at me with suspicion as if everything suddenly clicked. “I’m curious, every time I mention the trials I get the run around from the council. What’s really going on?”

This will hurt Anakin once he realizes I was already knighted, the only thing that has yet to happen was the ceremony. They decided to allow Anakin in on that. “They felt I didn’t need the trials and I was knighted. The council was only buying me time to find evidence against Palpatine and the plan was to keep you distracted so you wouldn’t get suspicious. The ceremony is on hold until this mess is sorted. I’m sorry, Anakin.”

“It’s okay,” Anakin said with a defeated sigh. “I was being stubborn and blind about it. I told them to give you the trials anyway.”

“They were wondering about that,” I answered with a frown as I grasped his hand. “You are a good master, even if you tend to be blind sided from time to time.”

“Thanks,” Anakin stood up as Padme and Ahsoka walked in causing me to grin. “I’ll wait outside, at the moment they won’t allow no more then two at a time.”

“Anakin,” I felt immediate concern over this. “Are you okay?”

Anakin nodded as he silently slipped out of the room. He asked and the answer wasn’t an easy one to hear.

“The holo cube is gone, isn’t it?” I questioned as Padme nodded. “I have a backed up copy in my room. That’s what they were looking for most likely.”

“Jess commed a few minutes ago,” Ahsoka said with a frown. “They found the safe. Jess confirmed the holo recording is gone.”

“Fress, I talked with some senators I trust and they are working to find evidence against Palpatine,” Padme reassured with a frown. “That holo recording was hard evidence and enough to impeach Palpatine.”

“I know,” I felt frustrated as I lay back down against the bed. “At least it gives everyone a motive to find more evidence.”

“I’m sorry, I didn’t realize the room was already at it’s limit,” Ventriss said as Ahsoka turned towards the door.

“I’ll wait outside with Sky Guy,” Ahsoka said as she headed towards the door. She stopped and turned towards me with a frown. “Get some rest and don’t try and worry about it. Everyone is working on it now,” she turned her attention to Ventriss and held out her hand. “Thank you. For helping Fress clear my name. I’m grateful and in your debt.”

Ventriss shook Ahsoka’s hand. “One thing, my lightsabers?”

“I have them,” I spoke up with a frown. “Padme, they’re in my room beside my lightsaber.”

”I’ll see to it about getting your lightsabers returned to you,” Padme said with a frown. “We are grateful you helped out Ahsoka. Unfortunately Palpatine found out about the holo and made it disappear. We have people working on getting his files open. The council has agreed to give you a full pardon for your war crimes. I’m in the process of officially filing the papers and should be finished by the end of the week.”

“You can trust Padme to do it right, and she will word it in a way that no one can find any loop holes,” I explained with a slight frown. “I’m surprised you came here.”

“Thank you Senator,” Ventriss gave a grateful smile causing me to smile in turn. If nothing else I helped her get a new lease on life. “I talked with the council this morning and they told me about your surgery.”

I felt apprehension though I was pretty sure nothing had happened. “And what did the council say?” I was hoping to be there when Ventriss talked with them but it looks like the Force had other plans.

Ventriss smiled slightly. “They offered me to become a Knight. I refused them saying I would rather try and live a simple life.”

I released the breath I was holding and looked at her with a frown. I was happy the council seen it my way. With Palpatine still in power, I didn’t blame her one bit. In her place I would’ve done the same. “So what do you have planned now?”

“I was offered a job with Republic security intelligence and I accepted,” Ventriss answered.

That came as a surprise, I thought she would continue with the bounty hunter gig. “Good luck with that.”

“Fress,” Ventriss walked over with a small parcel in her hand. “This is for you for upholding your promise.”

I frowned accepting the package and opened the lid. A small Ewok was inside holding on a holo cube. I picked it up and turned it on. The holo recording….

“I made a copy in case this back fired and you’re welcome,” Ventriss explained as Padme smiled in appreciation.

“We won’t forget this Ventriss,” I said as I handed the holo cube to Padme. “Make sure this one doesn’t go missing.”

Padme secured the recording in her hidden weapons belt. “Don’t worry, I won’t. I think I’m going to fill out the rest of that paper work for Palpatine’s arrest. I’ll see you later.”

“You can keep the Ewok toy, after all you are the sick one today,” Ventriss said with a smile. “Consider it a token of a beginning friendship.”

“Thanks,” I looked up as Jess poked his head through with a grin.

“So how’s my girl?”

I blushed at the reference as Jess walked in holding onto Ventriss’s lightsabers. “Anakin commed me about Ventriss being here and asked me to bring the lightsabers with me,” he handed them over to Ventriss. “I believe these belong to you?”

“Thank you,” Ventriss accepted the sabers and hooked them onto her belt. “I’ll leave you two alone. Fress thank you.”

”You’re welcome,” I was stunned at the change in Ventriss. She truly had changed as she walked out of the room. “Wow.”

”Its not the first time someone has walked away from the dark side, and it won’t be the last either,” Jess said with a smile. “Enemies can turn into friends.”

”I’ll kiss to that,” I said with a small grin. “So where were we?”

Jess didn’t answer as he leaned over kissing me on the lips. “Right about here?”

“Now I remember, must be the meds,” I answered as Jess lay down beside me wrapping his arms around me. This turned into a good day despite how it started out. Sometimes enemies turned into the most loyal friend you will ever have.

Jade_eyes
    DaenaBenjen42
    Alexis_Wingstar
    Hazel
    Rainbow Knight Star

Jade_eyes likes this.
  18. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Falcon =D= =D= Fantabulous turnaround from a near disaster. :D And great about Ventress's forethought and gratitude and getting a second chance. Loved the scenes/exchanges with Jess. :) Yum!

JediFalcon likes this.
  19. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    One month later

I slowly blinked my eyes open noting I was shivering and cold. Why was I this cold? I shivered as I moved my arms but couldn’t bring them around. I tried to tug my wrists apart but couldn’t and felt something like rope dig in a bit. What happened? Am I blindfolded? Why do my clothes feel wet? The answer came shortly as I heard a splash and I felt water running down my hair and cheeks.

“I see you’re finally awake,” a familiar voice spoke causing me to groan. “So you do know who it is with the blind fold on?”

“Dooku,” I growled angrily. He will pay for soaking me with water. “Where am I?” I attempted to stretch out with the Force and froze. I couldn’t touch it with my mind, almost like it was being blocked from me.

“All in good time my dear,” Dooku said as I heard his boots softly scrape along the ground causing me to look in the direction of the noise. “Very good. Skywalker has taught you well. My master asked me to keep you here for the next forty-eight hours. By then he should have everything in place.”

“Skywalker is no longer interested in what your master has to say, he knows the truth now,” I pointed out feeling confident in that answer.

“Does he now?” Dooku questioned with a frown. “He seems more confused now then ever.”

I froze as I felt the truth behind his words. How could Anakin trust what the snake had to say? Surely he knew better and their last conversation she had with him, convinced Anakin enough that Palpatine was not to be trusted. Or was this kidnapping of me to cause more distrust in the council? Especially after what happened to Ahsoka… “Let me go.”

“I’m afraid not. I have my orders,” Dooku explained in a calm tone.

“He’s using you, you know,” I pointed out with a frown. “If he succeeds turning Anakin he’ll have Anakin come kill you. There can only be two Sith Lords, a master and an apprentice.”

“We shall see,” Dooku answered in a confident tone.

I didn’t bother saying anything further as I stretched my hands down into my back pocket grasping the vibro blade I kept in there. I slowly pulled it from its sheave. I just hope it didn’t fall out or Dooku discovered it. My hands grasped the blade as I stared straight ahead. “Tell me something, why can’t I use the Force?”

“Ysalarmari,” Dooku answered in a neutral tone. “They block the Force between three to nine feet per animal. On a planet full of them is completely devoid of the Force all together.”

“Really,” I answered as I continued to cut the rope at my wrists hoping to get one hand free. Slowly back and forth, keep Dooku distracted. “Which planet do they originate from?”

“That information is classified,” Dooku answered as I heard a door open. “I’ll be back in an hour to check on you.”

I don’t plan to be here, I thought to myself as I continued to work on cutting the rope. Just a little more I told myself as I felt it give. I heard the door shut and I had no clue if he really left or not. If I planned to leave I had to make sure I didn’t have an audience.

I felt the rope break as I quietly placed the blade on the ground. I quickly got the rope off my other hand. I untied my legs and reached for the blindfold.

As I lifted the blindfold I looked towards the door and noticed Palpatine standing in front of the door with a grin on his face. This just turned into a nightmare.

TBC
    Jade_eyes, DaenaBenjen42, Hazel, Alexis_Wingstar,

20. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Wow! What a change in circumstances from this post to the last! :eek: [face_nail_biting] Fress is one resourceful and cool thinker @};- I know Jess isn't standing around going, What happened? Sith are just plain slimy. :rolleyes: Looking forward to the next update. :D

JediFalcon likes this.
  21. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    :eek: Uh-ho!

Grear updates! I don't know how I missed the previous one.

JediFalcon likes this.
  22. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    I closed my eyes as I focused on tuning out Palpatine chuckling like a Bantha gone mad. I opened them again and focused on his evil looking expression. “How long have I been out for? I don’t remember anything.”

“Long enough for me to regain Anakin’s trust,” Palpatine answered. “Against the medics orders we kept you sedated for the past two weeks. That boyfriend of yours has been to my office four times interrogating me thoroughly. Seems he lacks the insight of detecting lies through the Force.”

Jess must be going out of his mind by now. How did Palpatine gain Anakin’s trust again? “Let me go.”

“I’m afraid not, Knight Colias. If you told Anakin that it was I who orchestrated your kidnapping then all of my careful lying will lead to my death. He has threatened me a couple of times,” Palpatine explained with a widening sickening grin.

At least Anakin wasn’t completely blind this time. Maybe he had a plan to get close to Palpatine to find out where I am. One could only hope. “I’m curious, how did you kidnap me?”

“It was brilliant. The day you had your stitches removed I paid the good medic to sedate you,” Palpatine explained causing me to feel nauseated.

Which would explain why I don’t even remember how this happened. “Let me go and I may let you live.”

Palpatine didn’t say a word as he walked slightly closer but stopped with a grimace. That must be where the bubble in the Force started, if he left all I had to do was get just on the outside of it’s reach. “No, I know it is you who is trying to initiate order 65. I have a propostion for you. Join me as my apprentice and we’ll rule the galaxy together.”

“And be viewed as crazy, killing those who fail me? I prefer to keep what sanity I have left these days,” I snipped back angrily. No one should have this much power. He had to be stopped. “Let me go.”

“Think about my offer,” Palpatine said as he walked out the door. I waited a few minutes then attempted to walk towards where he was standing. I felt a zap on the back of my leg causing me to stop walking. I raised my hands and noticed an invisible force field stood in my way. He really thought of everything. There had to be a way to get out of here. I walked back to where I left the vibro blade, picked it up and placed it back into it’s sheaf. There had to be a way out of here. He couldn’t have been that thorough.

The only problem remained was figuring out if he did leave a weakness. I had to get out of here. I had a feeling I was running out of time.

Hazel, Jade_eyes, Alexis_Wingstar, DaenaBenjen42

23. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Oooh, the tension mounts. [face_nail_biting]

JediFalcon likes this.
  24. Alexis_Wingstar

Sep 16, 2006
    Sorry I didn't reply to the last chapter. You keep us in suspense! Can't wait to see what happens next.

JediFalcon likes this.
  25. DaenaBenjen42

May 15, 2005
    So... Palpy, as usual, being an evil meanie who wants to keep his life AND the power. Ack. Rooting for Fress!