main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Omnibus Program: A Place for Everything?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by marvelfett11, Jan 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthDragon164

DarthDragon164 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 25, 2008
    Which leads me to a problem. They're doing Legacy as a series of hardcover compilations. I absolutely LOVE Dark Horse's previous hardcovers (TTT/DE/CE), but I'm not sure if I can justify buying them since I already own all of the Legacy trades.

2. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I have the CE hardcover but justified that since I didn't have all of CE. I've passed on the other hardcovers since I already have the tpbs.

3. Manisphere

Manisphere Jedi Master star 5

Aug 25, 2007
    [​IMG]

Star Wars Omnibus: Knights of the Old Republic Volume 1 TPB

Padawan Zayne Carrick is suddenly a fugitive framed for the murder of his fellow Jedi-in-training. Little does the galaxy know, Zayne’s own Masters are behind the massacre and dead set on recovering him before he can reveal the truth. Collects Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic issues #0–#18 (volumes 1–3).

Publication Date: September 10, 2013
    Format: FC, 424 Pages; TP, 6" x 9"

Edit: LINK

Boom!

4. Lugija

Lugija Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 3, 2009
  5. cdgodin

cdgodin Jedi Master star 4

Oct 9, 2009
    Well, the rest are there, but the Legacy text is sadly the text for Ninth Assassin. :(

6. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Yes! I can finally get this series! I have the first one but none of the rest.

7. Lugija

Lugija Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 3, 2009
    Looking at the upcoming Omnibuses...

May: Wild Space Volume 1(of 2 or more)
    June: Legacy Hardcover Volume 1 (of 3)
    September: KOTOR Volume 1 (of 3)

Both Wild Space and Legacy could have second volumes coming before the end of the year. Wild Space and KOTOR could go by turns like Marvel and Empire did. Legacy is a wild card, but a volume every six months could happen.

8. Gorefiend

Gorefiend Chosen One star 5

Oct 23, 2004
    Legacy Hardcovers? :D *Pre Orders*

9. Blur

Blur Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 11, 1999
    Yes, I hope we get at least a 2nd "Wild Space" volume by the end of this year; based on the original discussion re: these reprints, it may be called "Unknown Regions"; this potential second volume should wrap up these UK, 3D, etc. reprints (I think). With Disney buying Lflm. last Fall, I'm not sure how much longer Dark Horse will actually have the SW license & I don't see Marvel taking the time/care to bother with these obscure reprints.

10. MistrX

MistrX Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2006
    Welp, I may have to start picking up Omnibuses. Was already considering getting the ones with some of the prequel comics in them. And now this. Especially since I didn't start buying the comic until about issue 18.

11. BoromirsFan

BoromirsFan Jedi Master star 4

May 16, 2010
    AAAAHH AAAAH! AAAAAH! AAAAAH!

Im screaming! YES! YES! YES!

12. Darth_Garak

Darth_Garak Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 28, 2005
    I was just getting ready to buy the TPBs for KOTOR when I saw this. I will now definetly wait for the Omnibus (they also seem to take up less space on my shelf).

13. jaoblias

jaoblias Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 23, 2012
    I got the first volume of KOTOR for my birthday 2 or 3 years ago and I haven't bought the later ones, waiting on an Omnibus and that day has finally come!

14. BoromirsFan

May 16, 2010
    gah! I am so insecure about DH keeping the license!!!!

I thought this omnibus signified they had plans for 2014, then another poster says they doubt they will keep the license and my confidence is shattered!

15. Zorkel567

Zorkel567 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2010
    Yeah, so I will be getting this Omnibus for sure. I have been wanting to read KotOR, but was just waiting for the Omnibuses. Hopefully since it is VOlume 1, we shall get all of the arcs collected in Omnibus format if Dark Horse does lose the liscense.

16. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    So will Volume 3 include KOTOR:War as well? Or too soon? Or too many pages?

17. Rew

Rew Chosen One star 5

Dec 22, 2008
    By my calculations, there should be plenty of room for all of KotOR to be included in three Omnibus volumes:
    - Volume 1 has already confirmed issues 0-18.
    - Volume 2 will likely contain issues 19-38.
    - Volume 3 will likely contain issues 39-50 and War 1-5.
    - The Handbook can go at the end of either volume 2 or (more likely) 3.

18. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    Okay. Just wondering. Makes sense.

19. MistrX

MistrX Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2006
    Do they usually put the Handbook's into the Omnibuses?

20. cdgodin

cdgodin Jedi Master star 4

Oct 9, 2009
    For X-wing, yes

21. BoromirsFan

May 16, 2010
    do you think they will eventually make paperback omnibuses of Dark Empire, Thrawn, Legacy and Crimson empire?

Id love to buy the hardcovers, but I want my collection to match!

Force Smuggler likes this.
  22. Rew

Rew Chosen One star 5

Dec 22, 2008
    Yep. They did for X-Wing Rogue Squadron (as noted above). And the Handbooks for Dark Empire and Crimson Empire were included in the respective hardcover collections. The only one remaining is KotOR, so naturally it'll likely go in one of those Omnibuses.

The slightly odd thing is that the X-Wing Handbook was put into the first volume of that Omnibus, but it appears that won't be the case for KotOR. It seems they're going to save it for the end, which I think is a more logical decision--I didn't know it at the time, but that X-Wing Handbook had spoilers for the whole series and I'd only read through the first Omnibus volume! Whoops.

To my knowledge, these hardcovers basically are the Omnibus equivalent; I doubt there will be paperback Omnibus collections for those (at least not in the foreseeable future).

Do what I did and just place them on a different part of your bookshelf. :p

23. BoromirsFan

May 16, 2010
    Nothing irritates me more than owning duplicates of a product (videogames, dvds, books), so I think I will just have to wait at least two more years before deciding to buy a hardcover collection :(

24. Lazy Storm Trooper

Lazy Storm Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Sep 18, 2012
    Just got the Infinities volume. Man its thin.

BoromirsFan likes this.
  25. Guy-Gone_Weird

Guy-Gone_Weird Jedi Master star 2

Jul 28, 2003
    Excited for the KOTOR omnibus, finally!!

Yeah the Infinities Omnibus is thin. It might have been nice to throw in some of the Infinities Tales stories too.

Speaking of which, now that we know about the Legacy hardcovers and the KOTOR omnibusses, what's left?

Off the top of my head:
    -Dark Times
    -Invasion
    -Knight Errant/Jedi vs. Sith
    -New Republic
    -Tales (ideally I'd love to see it split into omnibuses for Canon, Non-Canon, and Humor, which could include Tag & Bink)
    -Underworld? (kind of the leftovers)

Then there are the most recent series, which may not be omnibussed for a long while, like Star Wars: Jedi, Blood Ties, and Dawn of the Jedi.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.