main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Listen Up You Primitive Screwheads!

Discussion in 'Community' started by Mortimer Snerd, Mar 15, 2013.

1. Mortimer Snerd

Mortimer Snerd Force Ghost star 4

Dec 27, 2012
    http://www.ifc.com/fix/2013/03/evil-dead-4-army-of-darkness-2

Many of you know that there's an upcoming Evil Dead remake...which is ok...I guess..but whatever. In addition to that, there's also going to be an "Evil Dead 4" which will not be part of the reboot. It's actually "Evil Dead 4" but what's more....it's actually "Army of Darkness 2" and Ash is back, bitches!

Bruce Campbell is returning as Ash of course.

[​IMG]

Gimme some sugar, baby.

2. Eeth-my-Koth

Eeth-my-Koth Jedi Grand Master star 9

May 25, 2001
    Raimi said he's writing it. But will it ever see the light of day?

3. Kiki-Gonn

Kiki-Gonn Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 26, 2001
    I'll never see a second of the remake; sequel with Bruce I'm in line for the premiere.

4. Revenge of the Dak

Revenge of the Dak Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 27, 2012
    It's about damn time!!!

BOOM STICK!!!

As for the remake...I'll see it on Netflix.

Mortimer Snerd likes this.
  5. Eeth-my-Koth

May 25, 2001
    The reviews for the remake have been pretty good so far. Raimi produced and gave it his seal of approval.

JoinTheSchwarz likes this.
  6. Darth-Lando

Darth-Lando Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 12, 2002
    My 16 year old self would love this news. My 31 year old self is kinda meh though. I won't be holding my breath for this one.

7. Mortimer Snerd

Dec 27, 2012
    I won't be rushing out to see the remake, but I'm sure I'll see it eventually.

But now this:

[​IMG]

8. Eeth-my-Koth

May 25, 2001
    Is that a custom or an actual Lego product?

9. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    I am possibly the most horror film-lovingest MonsterKid on here... and even I have been fooled into thinking the remake appears to be spot on.

10. Eeth-my-Koth

May 25, 2001
    From September 1988 to about October 1989 I literally rented every single horror movie our local mom & pop video shop had.

11. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Same here, Vin. I bought all of the for sale copies once they dropped down to 1 copy per store. I own a Vatican Library sized collection of every possible quality (and language/region) genre film. Until about 3 years ago, I would go opening day to see EVERY"horror" film that was coming out, even if I knew in advance that it would suck... I just want to support the industry. That's right... opening day for David Boreanezezez in Valentine's Day.

Eeth-my-Koth likes this.
  12. Mortimer Snerd

Dec 27, 2012
    Is it safe to assume you've seen "My Name is Bruce?"

13. A Chorus of Disapproval

Aug 19, 2003
    Oh, yes. Certainly.

My recommendation of the week is Blood Freak. It is about a man who is part chicken who gets enraged at the scent of marijuana and so rips 70's stoners to shreds.
    [​IMG]

I know what film you have planned for date night now...

Mortimer Snerd likes this.
  14. Mortimer Snerd

Dec 27, 2012
    Oh hell yes. It'll be a double feature though, along with Bloodsucking Freaks.

15. A Chorus of Disapproval

Aug 19, 2003
    Best. Washing Machine. Death. Ever.
    [​IMG]

Spin cycle...

16. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    While the reviews for the remake have been really good, I've always felt that this concept was better suited for horror comedy rather than just straight-up horror.

17. EmpireForever

EmpireForever Force Ghost star 8

Mar 15, 2004
    Army of Darkness is not a horror movie. Evil Dead 2, sure, horror-comedy. Army of Darkness? Dark Fantasy at best.

18. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    I suppose you're right. Regardless, Evil Dead 2 is almost perfect because of its dementedness. The original Evil Dead still holds up pretty well. I watched it for the first time last March, and there are some pretty horrific sequences.

19. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
    I was not planning to see the remake. And then I caught a trailer in the theater. I mean, remakes . . . man, I'm not thrilled about those generally. But this one looks badass. I think I'm sold.

20. Adam of Nuchtern

Adam of Nuchtern Force Ghost star 6

Sep 2, 2012
    Plus Diablo Cody did some work on the screen play.

21. DantheJedi

DantheJedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 23, 2009
    I don't think many Evil Dead/Army of Darkness fans will like me for this, but you know how in Ash's "primitive screwheads" speech he boasts about his boomstick being made in Grand Rapids, Michigan? Well, I hate to break it to you, but I live not that far from Grand Rapids, and I've never heard about it having a reputation for firearm manufacturing. Furniture manufacturing, yes, but firearms? I asked my dad and my grandfather (when he was alive), and they've never heard anything about that.

22. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    Oh good lord, an inaccurate location for a rifle manufacturer in a satirical movie about a time travelling chainsaw wielder who fights a zombie horde. Well, ****, there goes my suspension of disbelief.

23. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    So they've got a remake and a sequel that's not part of the remake? In what world does that make sense?

24. EmpireForever

EmpireForever Force Ghost star 8

Mar 15, 2004
    In a world where both the remake and the original films exist, I imagine.

25. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    It's basically the same problem that the EU fans are facing about Episode VII.