main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

I Bought Them All - the Figures, the Ships, even the LEGO! (Part 2)

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by LAJ_FETT , Sep 8, 2012.

1. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Don't discount the comic if you haven't read it. especially if you're a Fett fan. Part of it focuses on Fett's trip to get Carbonite Han to Jabba.

TrakNar likes this.
  2. Darth Venator

Darth Venator Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 1, 2013
    I'm a big comic reader anyway so I'll definitely look into it at some point. Thanks for the recommendation!

3. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    If you don't have the SotE comic tpb or the sequel ('Evolutions') then keep an eye out for the SotE Omnibus. It has both.

4. Juke Skywalker

Juke Skywalker Force Ghost star 5

Mar 27, 2004
    I'm not a big "EU" guy, but I thought the Darth Bane trilogy was outstanding :D. Enjoy!

After passing on him for the last few weeks, I caved in and picked up the TVC Dr. Evazan from my local Wal-Mart. I have a feeling I'm going to be doing this a lot from now until August. Picking up figures I would otherwise pass on because they're the only girl at the dance as it were :p.

whostheBossk and Darth Venator like this.
  5. Darth Venator

Mar 1, 2013
    Me too - I've read bits here and there but I'm not as hooked as some. Though, thanks to Bane I'm already craving more...

Nice! I like Evazan. I hope you've got a Ponda Baba to go with him though!

I always feel like Evazan was friends with Ponda to make himself feel better... I mean, with a face like his, he probably thought he could only ever look better stood next to his friend with an ass for a mouth... Shame for him that even Ponda couldn't distract anyone from his unfortunate looks haha :p

J_Girl likes this.
  6. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    LOL!

Unfortunately Ponda is one of the TVC figures I never did see on pegs. Thankfully I have an actual vintage Kenner Walrus Man to keep him company though. In any case, I'm keeping both far away from my Obi-Wan figures.

7. Darth Venator

Mar 1, 2013
    My copy of Shadows of the Empire came today :)

But now I'm stuck... I've just finished Path of Destruction but I don't know whether to go straight on to Rule of Two or take a break from Bane and read Shadows! Decisions, decisions... :p

8. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    Been there! I read the Game of Thrones novels last year, and I ultimately broke them up--Read the first 3, read another novel, read the 4th book, read another novel, read the 5th book--because they're just so massive, not just in terms of length, but also depth, that you need a literary sorbet to cleanse the mental palate in between courses.

I read the Bane books straight through, and that's probably what I'd recommend, though I'm sure it'll be tough to hold off with SOTE sitting there begging to read.

Darth Venator likes this.
  9. Darth Venator

Mar 1, 2013
    The worst thing is... I've read Shadows before and really want to read it again to refresh it all - I think I'd welcome the change to familiar characters but DAMN I'm hooked in Bane's story...

I'll decide later though - its my girlfriend's birthday and I'm already getting told off for reading too much ;)

10. CrazyMike

CrazyMike Former Mod & RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 4, 2000
    Picked an R2D2 piggy bank from Old Navy of all places. The piggy bank has "made exclusively for Old Navy" on it. That was an unexpected find.

11. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    You got a pic, Mike?

12. J_Girl

J_Girl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 18, 2001
    Yes, pic please? Did you just get it there recently?

13. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    Went to Target last night, picked up the 12" Anakin & Clonetrooper, 3 packs of Treat containers w/ Vader, R2, and Yoda, R2 candy container, and mini-plush Vader w/ Bunny ears.

12" figures weren't as bad as everyone online are groaning about. I have tons of the vintage 12" figures and these figures are very much like them (except that the vintage 12" humans were actual dolls, Anakin's all plastic.) The plastic used for them is heavier than the vintage Kenner figures. Anakin's got a nice amount of detail considering it's a playline toy. I like them - they are nice modern toys w/ a vintage throwback feel.

14. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    That seems to be what Hasbro's going for with these, as well as the new "Basic" figures. Personally I think that's not a bad thing. If my Nephew's play habits are any indication, they should hold up better in the adventures of your average 5 year old than the flimsy s/a stuff of the last decade or so.

15. TrakNar

TrakNar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2011
    I may consider picking up a few of the "basic" figures for my niece and nephews. I'm really trying to get them into action figures, and my youngest nephew has been eyeing my Zuckuss collection a bit hungrily as of late.

JUKE-SKYWALKER likes this.
  16. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    I've got a few 12-inch figures - Boba, Jango, Dengar, and Lando (Gamorrean Guard costume).

17. Darth Venator

Mar 1, 2013
    Finally nabbed that Vader pack!

Slight issues with some of Darth's mobility but the detailing is nice enough. Young Anakin is a lovely sculpt - barely any articulation, but a nice display piece at least. Sidious is still the best in these releases for me... But again, for the price I can't moan too much! :)

18. Ani501st

Ani501st Jedi Padawan star 3

Mar 18, 2013
    I recently I bought TCW Captain Rex ( 2013 version ) and 2 TCW 501st clone trooper and TCW Anakin Skywalker ( 2013 version ).

19. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi SWC Jedi Draft Champion star 6 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 30, 2012
    The Clone Wars 2013 wave ey? I want the Maul and Savage from that, but I doubt they'll be out anytime soon here in New Zealand.

20. Ani501st

Mar 18, 2013
    Yes the clone wars 2013 wave. In France we have it so I guess we were lucky.
    Maul and Savage are only repacks from the Target pack released in 2012 so why not take this pack you would have a kind of Mother Talzin with it ?
    Or if you only want them and not Talzin, you can still get them on Ebay or Amazon or someone can help you to get it.

21. Darth Venator

Mar 1, 2013
    Mr. Postman bought my Jedi vs. Darth Sidious Battle Pack today (Kit Fisto, Saesee Tiin, Agen Kolar, Mace Windu and Sidious)

I only really wanted it to add another Sidious to my collection - but I have no complaints about getting the Jedi as a bonus seeing as the set cost me £13 (Unopened also) - beats the usual £40-£50 tag... Thank you eBay! ;D

22. Ani501st

Mar 18, 2013
    Mr. Postman ? I didn't know Kevin Costner buy you a pack :p

Darth Venator likes this.
  23. Darth Venator

Mar 1, 2013
    He owed me one! Haha ;D

Ani501st likes this.
  24. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi SWC Jedi Draft Champion star 6 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 30, 2012
    Yeah, I saw the three pack online and I was looking for it when I was in Aussie last month, but they didn't have it, so I'll just have to buy the Maul and Savage, unless I find the three pack on Ebay with cheap shipping.

25. Darth Venator

Mar 1, 2013
    Picked up Insider and Darth Bane: Dynasty of Evil - can't wait to finish this (so far) fantastic trilogy!