main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

OOC HEROES OOC Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by Penguinator, Mar 7, 2013.

1. Penguinator

Penguinator Former Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 23, 2005
    Not sure about the post I just made about Xavier, but the point is, Magneto's message was one of not giving up, not giving in, and standing up for what you believed in - Xavier has chosen to embrace that.

2. Yuul_Shamar

Yuul_Shamar Jedi Master star 4

Nov 3, 2004
    Bah!

Though I do like the latest Wayne Manor post from our GM.

3. Reynar_Tedros

Reynar_Tedros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 3, 2006
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    Yeah, no, I was referring to this guy:

[​IMG]

The Soma cube was invented during one of his lectures.

5. Penguinator

May 23, 2005
    I just hope folks enjoyed the post.

6. Amatsu Mikaboshi

Amatsu Mikaboshi Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 7, 2013
    Finally just got time to update myself, and I love the situation with Luthor, Banner and Rogers. I found myself really excited when reading Yuul_Shamar 's post, and am in fact glad that I didn't get a chance to reply prior to Penguinator 's post being made.

I have a class tonight, but am hoping to get a reply up regardless of that either today or tomorrow. Yuul_Shamar, I wouldn't be hurt if you got another post in right now. Bruce has some stuff to think about, though I can assure you that you have convinced Bruce that he needs to be working with you, and I am sure Lex will have a few words for Steve.

If you post good, if you don't good. Either way I will still be posting tonight or tomorrow.

Very fun game so far, thank you to both Penguinator and Yuul for making it so interesting.

7. Yuul_Shamar

Nov 3, 2004
    Most of the credit simply must go to our GM, for making the game for starters, and for pairing us together as well.

If I get a moment I'll put forth another post today, though it will not be as long as the Lex and Bruce discussion ones.

8. Reynar_Tedros

Jul 3, 2006
    [​IMG]

9. Penguinator

May 23, 2005
    I'd say this game already has a scale I hadn't anticipated, but what would you folks like to see more of? What isn't in there that you would like to see?

10. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    Needs more OMAC. :p

[​IMG]

11. Reynar_Tedros

Jul 3, 2006
    I'm loving it so far. I enjoy playing as Clark more than I thought I would, but I dig that we seem to be sort of leading up to him shedding the glasses and tie and letting the cape fly free. I'm looking forward to that.

I say just keep doing what you're doing. I'm always anxious for another update, and I'm pretty sure that's a good sign. I do like a good balance between conversation/character development and action (I enjoy writing the former a bit more, but the latter is always fun as long as it's fresh and doesn't wear out its welcome). So once the action does get started, some downtime in between would still be welcome. :)

Also, been thinking about running a second character. Noticed there's not a woman in play yet...

12. Amatsu Mikaboshi

Mar 7, 2013
    You are doing really good with Clark, he has been fun to read so far.

I feel the same about Bruce. I keep thinking that I am just not smart enough to play Bruce, so the plan is to keep it simple and vague. Hopefully it works out.

PS: Post coming up tonight once I get some free time after everything settles down at home.

13. Yuul_Shamar

Nov 3, 2004
    I too, feel the game is just doing wonderfully in terms of scale and everything. Reynar's performance as Clark is superb and I enjoy AM's Bruce. I have doubts on my Lex at certain points in my posts, and can only hope thus far I have done satisfactorily. I have pushed outside my typical RP character and I like the results of challenging myself, I just hope everything ends up good.

14. Penguinator

May 23, 2005
    Everything's building to confrontation if it hasn't boiled over to outright conflict already. I'm figuring out the coffee shop, but I'm enjoying the tension so far.

...the big problem with this game is that there's so much I want to include and put in, but making it all work can get challenging.

Yuul_Shamar and Amatsu Mikaboshi like this.
  15. Amatsu Mikaboshi

Mar 7, 2013
    I think you are doing great Penguinator. Where ever you take this adventure I will follow.

16. Yuul_Shamar

Nov 3, 2004
    Indeed, going to start on my next Lex post now, won't be very long as it's more of a response post ;)

17. Reynar_Tedros

Jul 3, 2006
    I'd be lying if I said the introduction of Batman and Robin didn't put a grin on my face. Good stuff. And I appreciate the kind words about Clark from Amatsu and Yuul. Suffice it to say I'm enjoying reading this game as much as I am playing in it!

18. Yuul_Shamar

Nov 3, 2004
    It seems every time I say the words "Won't be very long..." I am forced to eat them. Yeesh.

And I too am enjoying reading this story we are in fact writing.

19. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
  20. Yuul_Shamar

Nov 3, 2004
    Thor, Ramza, really? You are officially my RP hero on these boards.

21. Penguinator

May 23, 2005
    And it was all pre planned!

22. Reynar_Tedros

Jul 3, 2006
    My favorite part of Ramza's post was when Thor launched himself into the fray to the tune of a Sims 3 University Life advertisement.

23. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    You should really get AdBlock. :p

Penguinator likes this.
  24. Penguinator

May 23, 2005
    Also, I think for the sake of the game, Thor's a relative newcomer - but that's something Ramza can handle, depending on how he wants to play it.

Continuity can hurt your brain! 8-}

25. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    That Thor has always been kind of brain hurting since his inception will probably do us no favors, either. :p

My thinking is that he's been active in the past (Certainly the distant past), but hasn't been seen for some amount of time, because he's been experiencing Midgardian life as Jimmy Olsen. Odin has finally forced him out of vacation for... I dunno yet. Maybe I'll just leave that up to Peng.