main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Canderous and Cade's Crazy Cantina: a shiny new fanfiction social thread!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Commander-DWH, Aug 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TrakNar

TrakNar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2011
    Send it my way!

2. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    Gladly. My neighbor mentioned the other day how he remembered how we got a full metre of snow in March once. I told him to can it or else we would see that again. Ugh.

3. Bale

Bale Jedi Master star 4

May 9, 2005
    I loved Winter when I was a kid, but the older I get the more I loathe the cold and snow.

4. Luna_Nightshade

Luna_Nightshade Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2006
    I love being snowed in, but by March my dog and I both want to go on our daily walks again. We went today and got pretty muddy from the melting snow piles, but we both enjoyed it.

5. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    TrakNar: that's good to know. That she was fine, not that she lost hair. :)

Briannakin: I would if I wasn't insanely jelly of your snow. I love the stuff. It's the only good excuse for it being cold ever.

6. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    I love snow, but I'm ready for it to warm up now. It's finally almost melted here, still some big piles, but mostly gone. It warmed up to almost 50 degrees F the last two days, but of course I worked those days and now it's back down to the low 30's. :( But I try not to complain about it being cold in the winter so I can complain about it being hot in the summer! ;)

On the bright side (no pun intended), it's almost 7pm and there is still a little inkling of light left! When I moved north from WV my brother told me it gets dark really early in the winter but being dark before 4pm was a real shock. Still... in the summer it's light until almost 10pm so I guess that's the trade off.

7. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    The first time I came up to Michigan it was in June. It got to 10 PM and the sun was still up. I was like..."Umm...does the sun set up here?" The next time I visited was Christmas and it was dark and gloomy and COLD!

8. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    I live so far north that we get about 22 hours of daylight at the height of summer (late June/early July). The sun will set around midnight and rise at like 2 am so it never really gets dark. On the other hand, in late December, we get almost 22 hours of darkness. In the winter (aka, from November to May) I can go WEEKS without seeing the sun.

Also, IT'S STILL SNOWING. Two roofs actually collapsed early in the morning. No one was hurt in either case.

9. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    I am quite jealous. Tomorrow, we're to get some sleet and snow for a slushy mess, but that's about it.

This winter was a letdown. :(

10. Dantana Skywalker

Dantana Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 7, 2002
    I've hit 39k words on my next book. I'm pleased, especially considering 2k of that's been written just this morning.

11. LexiLupin

LexiLupin Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 27, 2011
    My winter was a major letdown, but it's so nice out already that I'm sort of okay with that fact.
    I'm less okay with being sunburned in March. o_O

12. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    Dear car, for 500$+ in repairs, couldn't you have at least kissed me first? o_O

13. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    J_L - That was pretty much my reaction to it my first summer up here(last summer) as well.

I'm glad no one was hurt. A few years back (when I still lived in West Virginia) we had a blizzard where a bunch of buildings collapsed, the grocery store right up the road from my house was one of them. People were having to get on their roofs and shovel them off a few times a day. We also didn't go to school for almost a month because several of the schools had cracks in load bearing walls and so they had to make sure they were all safe before they let us go back. It was crazy.

Breezy - LOL. That's the problem with cars, they are money traps. (I still love my car though!)

14. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    One place was a tree nursery so they had to rush to save something lie 1 million seedlings. My grandfather is a construction worker, he actually advises against shovelling off roofs. Walking around up there typically does more harm to the shingles than the snow will, unless it's a lot of wet, heavy snow, like what we got.

That's one of the reasons why I have yet to get my licence (and the fact that I have to get medical approval - though I have driven on back-country roads, so I know I'll get approved). But I think I might try to get my learner's over the summer. It's not like I have anything better to do for like 5 months.

15. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    Mav - yeah, it went from a 300$ ignition switch issue to a 500$ shot fuel pump in the gas tank once it got to an actual shop. I hitch a ride with a friend down there to pay the money while I had it in hand (also in hopes that they'll hurry up and actually get to it - that's a big chunk of change for a 15 year old car, so this way they know I'm serious about getting it fixed.) But hey, I saved close to 150$ in 2 tow costs (thank you AAA) and with my AAA discount I'll save a whopping 30$ [face_party]

16. Dantana Skywalker

Apr 7, 2002
    My car is in the shop yet again. I don't know what's wrong with it. Probably the same thing that's been wrong with it for months but the mechanic finds other things to "fix". I had it in the shop only three or four weeks ago, and it's still doing the same stupid thing it was doing before I spent $300 on a new fuel pump. Argh.

Also, I have been up since 3:30 this morning and unable to even take a nap. I have to cook something for the party DarthIshtar and I are having tonight for St Patrick's Day. I'm afraid I'm gonna fall asleep during the movie, but at least I'm not driving myself.

17. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    I've been up since 5 and had to work 8 hours and NOW am sitting down to have some time off. Looking forward to our party.

18. Dantana Skywalker

Apr 7, 2002
    The food is smelling really yummy. I may just stay home and keep it to myself! :p

19. LLL

LLL Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 16, 2000
    Where do you people find all this time? =((

20. Dantana Skywalker

Apr 7, 2002
    I'm on disability and can't work. So I'm home all the time.

21. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    I'm retired.

22. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    I'm on disability and can't work, as well. Still haven't written a book, though. Hell, I haven't even written a graphic novel.

I NEED TO CHANGE THAT!

...some other time.

23. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    I'm currently in school, so once exams are done, I'll have that kind of time.

24. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    I'm on long term sickness benefits so I can't work either. I still can't find the time either as it's Depression and, yeah, it's not fun.

25. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    I suffered through depression for most of my high school years, it was not fun. I still go through bouts of it. It kills all energy I have to write.

My little brothers are on their spring break, and they're down south on the coast on a sailing trip (with their cadet group), so it's extremely quite at my house. I love it!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.