main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Classics Here's A Petition For Disney: Let Me Buy The Holiday Special

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Narutakikun, Mar 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Narutakikun

Narutakikun Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 8, 2012
    So now that Disney is solidly in charge of Star Wars, here's something I'd like for them to do - let me finally buy a good, clean, high-definition copy of the Holiday Special on DVD or Blu-ray. And you know what I'd really love? If they cut a deal with Mike Nelson to include the exceptionally funny RiffTrax of the SWHS as an optional commentary track on the disc. It would be fun, it would be nostalgic - it's time to let this happen. So how about it, Disney? Take my money!

Barriss_Coffee likes this.
  2. KilroyMcFadden

KilroyMcFadden Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 31, 2012
    Barriss_Coffee likes this.
  3. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    Burying this is one of George's smarter decisions. I've seen it myself, and... wow.

One watches it as they do The Room, in an ironic manner.

4. Narutakikun

Nov 8, 2012
    I don't think Disney needs the money to do it. I just think they need the motivation.

5. Narutakikun

Nov 8, 2012
    Well, yes, that's how you do watch it. But that's no reason to bury it. Like I said, it's nostalgic and funny and with the Rifftrax, it would be even better.

6. KilroyMcFadden

Oct 31, 2012
    People watch The Room and the Holiday Special because they love to watch it. It makes them laugh. If you are watching those movies just because you are a hipster and don't actually derive any pleasure from it, I feel sorry for you.

7. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    That's not what I meant. It's so bad that you enjoy it - hence, ironic.

8. KilroyMcFadden

Oct 31, 2012
    If you literally enjoy it, why would you be against a nice commercial release? Or am I misunderstanding?

9. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    I enjoyed it, but not because it was good, because it was so damn bad.

I wouldn't buy it because, as I said, it's horrible. Worth a single watch because it's so bad, it's funny, but not something I'd watch multiple times. And I only buy DVDs/Blu-Rays if I plan to watch something multiple times.

Darth Ibonek likes this.
  10. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Aw, I thought this thread was about Narublahblah's attempt to personally purchase the rights to the Holiday Special. :(

Still, I've seen this as is and with RiffTrax, and it's hilariously bad either way. Would I want to see this get a proper home media release? Not really, no. In fact, it works as something only available anywhere but an official source.

11. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    So this is like "Here, have my money and give me those nails and that chalk board..."
    That is what the starting post sounded to me like...

PS: But yes, I would buy the RIFFTRAX Version - it is quite genius of making fun of the utter vileness-ness-ness of the "Special".

12. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Me too![face_laugh]

Naru can we get a Kickstarter program started to support you should you chose to purchase the HS? Maybe a petition or two for good measure?:p

13. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    It's been so long since I saw the Holiday Special...is it something both PT haters and PT lovers would unite on?

If so, it should be released as a means of bringing the fandom together.

CaptainRex115 and Barriss_Coffee like this.
  14. The Shadow Emperor

The Shadow Emperor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 29, 2012
    If you mean so they can all hate it together, then yes. I approve of this idea.

15. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    Then SW fans unite and demand this show's release! :D

KilroyMcFadden likes this.
  16. The Shadow Emperor

The Shadow Emperor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 29, 2012
    I bet Lucas had all the remaining tapes of the special destroyed years ago out of shame.

17. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    CaptainRex115 likes this.
  18. QsAssistant

QsAssistant Jedi Master star 3

Apr 13, 2011
    I've only seen the part with the Wookiees, I believe it was at the start of the film, and the odd dancing things. It was (takes a deep breath) sooooooooooooooooooo bad. And I would still buy it. So yes I want it to be released on DVD. I have a feeling that Disney will give it to us.

19. _Catherine_

_Catherine_ Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 16, 2007
    Do it for Bea Arthur, Disney. It's what she would have wanted.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.