main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Season 6/ Bonus Material Discussion (Spoiler Free)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by InterestingLurker, Feb 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. K'Kruhk

K'Kruhk Jedi Master star 4

Dec 11, 2011
    There's an edit button darthbarracuda. Please stop multiple posting.

2. darthbarracuda

darthbarracuda Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 4, 2012
    OK sorry. I didn't know.

3. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
  4. Darth_Zidious

Darth_Zidious Force Ghost star 5

Dec 3, 2001
    Personally, I mostly care about Ahsoka. I want to know where she goes. I already know what happens to Obi-Wan and Anakin. :)

5. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Thank you.

6. Cary_the_Brave

Cary_the_Brave Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 5, 2012
    Duh, she duels Barriss, falls into lava and gets burnt, and is reinstalled into some new black armor as the Emperor's sidekick.

darthbarracuda likes this.
  7. Order66Survivor

Order66Survivor Jedi Master star 1

Nov 10, 2012

and it's not like Zandy (If I may) was saying something positive. Critics can post, too.

also this pic is awesome! nice size and quality! thanks

8. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    and her name is now Darth Ahsoka :p

9. darthbarracuda

Nov 4, 2012
    Nah...what I wanted to see was Ahsoka was still a Jedi when Order 66 occurs, and either she escapes or the clones don't obey orders. But we don't know that. Like it shows the clones shooting and we are like "NOOOO AHSOKA NOOO" and then it goes dark. Then a little thing pops up that says "20 years later" and we see stormtroopers harassing some civilians or something, and then a dark figure appears in a hood. All we see is her back cloak and her arms. She defends the civilians using her body etc. and then is overpowered, so she dramatically takes out her lightsabers, and suddenly we know omg it's Ahsoka she survived blahblahblah and she ignites her lightsabers and the episode ends. Now that would've been sick IMO. So maybe now she can somehow get her lightsabers back and maybe that'll happen but idk. Did she get her lightsabers back when she left the temple?

darth_mccartney likes this.
  10. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    No, she didn't have her lightsabers when we last saw her.

11. darthbarracuda

Nov 4, 2012
    OK cool so maybe my story could still work if she goes and makes her own lightsabers again (highly unlikely otherwise other people would have done it before), or she steals the lightsabers back

12. Darth_Harmon

Darth_Harmon Jedi Master star 4

Jul 4, 2005
    In regards to where we might see the "bonus content", I'm wondering if we'll see something like what happened to Young Indiana Jones. The series ran episodically on ABC and then was cancelled with the final episodes edited into tv movies and aired on The Family Channel.

In fact, seems Clone Wars has met a very similar fate. Lucasfilm produced episodes until they were told to stop, but they had enough content left over to warrant more releases. I could see the final Clone Wars story arcs edited into TV movies and aired every one to two months on Disney XD, perhaps with a video release collecting them all titled something like "The Clone Wars: The Complete Movies".

Young Indy info:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...les_episodes#Season_III_.281994.E2.80.9396.29

13. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    I can see remaining arcs getting edited into movies. That may be a silver lining since most of the four part arcs play best when they are watched all parts together.

QuangoFett and darthbarracuda like this.
  14. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    Yeah, I think it works well that way, and may have even been part of the contingency plan originally. Only question is... which ones will they be able to finish. And which will end up as a comic or DVD extra with concept art/shoddy animatics.

15. Orrelios

Orrelios Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 21, 2005
    The Clovis arc should be on the S5 DVD/Blu-ray (as it was intended to air as part of it) but as for the other remaining arcs that's been announced, they could release them separately if they want.

16. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    I would like that too. I'm worried about the fact that the blu-ray set may fall under some merchandising deal with Cartoon Network (for them to get a cut of profits) and that Disney will give us another middle finger and not release at all.

17. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    We'll have to wait and see what happens with the Blu-ray releases. I'd like for the Clovis arc to be on there.

18. HEDGESMFG

HEDGESMFG Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 20, 2010
    This too remains my greatest concern. Will the show be allowed to get a complete DVD/BD release, or will even the existing discs simply be removed from the market and cut off?

Heck, what's going to happen with the movie BDs, for that matter? Fox owns the film distribution rights.

19. darthbarracuda

Nov 4, 2012
    BD's?

20. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    Blu-Ray disc.

Translation: The best format easily available to consumers.

KenobiSkywalker likes this.
  21. hlc88

hlc88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    I'd imagine there might be a contract in place for the release which can't be broken as Disney would be obliged to honor all existing contracts. Only after they come up for renewal can they interfere. Hopefully Season 5 blu-ray is secured and won't be interfered with, otherwise I really will be annoyed as I would like to watch Season 5 in HD!!!Though I have noticed that AmazonUK is listing the Season 5 DVD/blu-ray but Amazon.com is not... I'm not entirely sure if it did appear originally on the US site or not.

22. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    I believe it was in the IGN interview that Filoni had said that once we see the Clovis arc that it will "make sense" as to why he postponed it. I don't know if it's going to tie into the films in some way and make for an apt part of the conclusion of TCW, or if it was postponed before Filoni even knew of the impending cancellation and "makes sense" in some other regard.

The minimum I'd like to see concluded:

-Beginning of Outer Rim sieges and conversations between Sidious, Grievous and Dooku regarding how this will leave Palpatine unprotected and exactly what the plan is. What happens if the CIS gets away and Anakin and Obi-Wan fail? What if they don't even show up? What happens if Anakin loses? What happens if he wins? To my knowledge most of this is answered in the novelization, but I would still like to see it re-iterated on screen. Grievous obviously thinks that this is a legitimate plan to kidnap Palpatine and ransom him back to the Republic and use him as leverage. Sidious is using it as a means to test Anakin. But what about Dooku? The novelization addresses this, but the show should too. Even if they retcon his motives (such that he's going to escape, use Palpatine as political leverage, and then kill him - becoming the new Sith master in the process), whatever. Just have him come up with some kind of plan.

-Maul dies. Find out what Talzin's plot was, what was the point of all of this?

-Order 66

-Mace vs. Dooku... This has nothing to do with a conclusion to a plot point, but fans have called for it nearly every season. It would be awesome to see it.

Really... that's about it. Do those things and I'm happy. There are other stories that can be told that I would have liked to have seen, like perhaps foreshadowing that the clones would be replaced by conscripts - possibly in response to the growing anti-clone, anti-Jedi sentiment, etc. But if the show is wrapping up with just a few arcs, I hope it at least touches upon Order 66, Outer Rim Sieges, and Maul's death.

23. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    I think Filoni and co would of had to of known about the cancellation for a while. I don't think its something that just happened. I think back to Brent Friedman tweeting about having sat down with the powers that be to hammer out an end. I think there has to be a connection to that. The Clovis arc might have been pulled do to content problems with Cartoon Network which is one of the theories I heard or because it fits with that conclusion. I think it was moved to the Young Jedi arc could give Ahsoka more screen time heading toward her arcs conclusion.

I'm not so sure how much stock I put in Disney to uphold any contracts anymore.

24. QuangoFett

QuangoFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 11, 2011
    Something else that Filoni mentioned TCW going into was Dooku's Jedi past and what makes him tick. He admitted at that point (some time in early 2012) that TCW hadn't delved into Dooku's character beyond his temporary attachment to Asajj Ventress.

Building on what TaradosGon said about the various possibilities for Dooku's motives during the Battle of Coruscant, it would be a shame to end TCW without developing one of the main villains of the era into anything more than a mysterious overlord. Having already looked at two distinct varieties of Jedi defectors/traitors in the form of Krell and Barriss, it would make sense to look at the story behind the ur-example, someone who has been described by Lucas as still seeing himself as the good guy. It seems that LFA was already set on doing this, but whether we'll ever see it depends on how early these Dooku episodes were produced. If they were S6 content (as the timing of Filoni's comments seems to indicate), then we should see it soon, as long as Disney doesn't sit on them in order to avoid "over-saturation".

25. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    I don't know. I was surprised that Catherine and James seemed to find out like a week before we did. And I thought when it was discussed that they were hammering out an ending that it was mentioned that they were several years ahead of the viewers in the writing process. I thought it was implied that the ending that they were writing would be in like S8.

Also, if they had an adequate heads up, then I don't know why we would only get a handful of arcs and not a full season - even if it were just straight to DVD. When Ashley tells the story about recording for the fugitive arc, she's made several references to Filoni teasing her that she wouldn't have and recording sessions with Matt "for awhile." I figured that implied that she would be out of the picture for awhile, or at least not appear in episodes with the usual cast, but then reappear later on. But now it just seems like the S5 finale is her last appearance.

And the last thing I can think of off the top of my head was how Filoni seemed to strongly suggest that Gregor survived. He hinted that in the episode commentary and then again in the Google Hangout, but when it was mentioned in the IGN interview, it pretty much went from assurances that we'd see him again to Filoni saying that he believes he survived.

I don't know how much of a heads up Filoni got in regards to cancellation, the VAs seemed to only know a matter of a week or two before us, and some of the things that Filoni has said (just changes in rhetoric) seem like he didn't know until the latter half of S5. I mean he had said multiple times that he loves the show and that he'd keep making them as long as people keep watching them, and then abruptly the show is cancelled and he's talking like "well, we hit the 100 episode mark, good enough, we're moving onto something else now."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.