main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation Ahsoka Stand Alone film???

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by DarthMateous, Feb 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darthgator1217

darthgator1217 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2005
    Stupid beyond dumb.

2. Jason Skywalker

Jason Skywalker Jedi Youngling

Sep 3, 2012
  3. Darth Ibonek

Darth Ibonek Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 11, 2013
    I challenge someone to photoshop/merge Ahsoka with Chloe Moretz.

4. Eeth-my-Koth

Eeth-my-Koth Jedi Grand Master star 9

May 25, 2001
    I will take that challenge.

Darth Ibonek likes this.
  5. DarthMateous

DarthMateous Jedi Master star 4

Aug 1, 2002
    Interesting idea! Maybe you should start a separate thread for that. I'd be interested in seeing the feedback it gets.

6. johnrain39

johnrain39 Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 30, 2012
    A scene with Ahsoka and Sky Guy's Force Ghost would be touching.

7. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    ...touching for the 2% of the general audience who would even remotely have an idea of who she is. There are people on this site who don't even know her wretched character.

stormcloud8 likes this.
  8. Hercu Dogla

Hercu Dogla Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 13, 2013
    Are the derogatory comments really necessary simply because you don't like the character?

Personally, I wouldn't mind a movie, book, tv spin off, comic, anything really that would give us a little bit more insight as to what Ahsoka does as she tries to find her new place in the universe. I went into the series a week or two ago unsure of her character because of all the flak she has gotten but I must say she quickly became one of my favorites and I am deeply interested in what becomes of her.

9. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Yes... the show does make her awesome. Especially since they make her superwonderful at the expense of weakening every other character on the show so that she can save the universe. The final episode wasn't sad... it simply made sense. She clearly doesn't need Anakin to train her, anyway. She is more powerful than all of the Jedi and Clones combined. I know... I've seen her in action.

10. Hercu Dogla

Mar 13, 2013
    I'm not really even sure how to respond to that...

I don't get what you mean when you say "superwonderful" or "weakening every other character"... she gets her ass kicked by grievous, nearly dies on top of that tank had Anakin not ordered her into his ship, is repeatedly captured, barely holds off Ventrice, etc etc. I'm afraid I don't understand this argument...

The only thing I can agree with is her hand to hand combat is a little extreme but as Yoda said she was a very gifted Padawan coming into the series and training under anakin for 3 years will only improve those skills.

11. A Chorus of Disapproval

Aug 19, 2003
    Her creator is infatuated and in love with her. I am not into love triangles, so I leave he and her to their completely creepy cartoonist/cartoon love affair. Not enough room for filoni & Ahsoka plus anyone else. Let them have their space.

12. Hercu Dogla

Mar 13, 2013
    *sigh*... to each his own i guess... I'm done

13. A Chorus of Disapproval

Aug 19, 2003
    It is "to each his own". If you like your 13 year old girls with 'boob holes' in their Jedi uniform... well, it's creepy... but, enjoy...

14. Hercu Dogla

Mar 13, 2013
    and at what point did I mention her outfit? I or no one else for that matter, has any control over what she looks like. She was an interesting character who brought a new side to the story and honestly I found it enjoyable to see her interactions with characters both new and old.

If everything that has to with provacation bothers you then your going to be disappointed no matter what you put on TV. Welcome to America my friend, where they put shows on TV about glamoring and slutifying 9 year old girls to parade in front of a bunch of judges. As ****** as it may be its the world we live in and you can get over it and enjoy the character for who she is or you can hide behind the "Oh the creator put her in a skimpy outfit he must love her" argument.

15. A Chorus of Disapproval

Aug 19, 2003
    So, you can justify the outlandishly pedophilia design of her costume? Nobody has control over any aspect of her. We accept what they gave us. They gave us an overpowered character with a boob hole over her adolescent chest. If that's your thing, awesome. Stop trying to get me to join your creepy club.

16. Hercu Dogla

Mar 13, 2013
    Whatever man, I am a part of no club, I'm not trying to get you to join anything and I'm not trying to justify anything. Simply giving a logical explanation as to why things worked out the way they did. If thats to hard to grasp simply because of your one track mind I feel sorry for you.

If you hate it so much why watch? Why post on the forums? Why go to such lengths to spread your hate all over the place? Enjoy it for what it is... a good tv show with a new and exciting character that brought a new story into a well known story.

we only see what we allow ourselves to see when we watch TV and if you feel the need to force the word pedophilia into it well that's your own call. Because last I checked aside from a single characters outfit what evidence is there of any sexual action in the show?

17. A Chorus of Disapproval

Aug 19, 2003
    Ten years here and somebody finnaly tells me these forums are dedicated to Ahsoka...???

I love the films... all 6 of them. I even love Jar Jar. That should be a nice gauge for how much Ahsoka is utter **** to me.

18. Hercu Dogla

Mar 13, 2013
    sorry that was a typo, I meant why post in the Ahsoka forum and not just let it go?

19. A Chorus of Disapproval

Aug 19, 2003
    Um... because the topic was worded in the form of a question and some most of us thought there was a possibility that we could use "no" as an answer. It's the Ahsoka fans who turn this into a conversation.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  20. Hercu Dogla

Mar 13, 2013
    answering no is one thing... but spouting derogatory comments and calling people pedophiles who enjoy her character is another.

21. A Chorus of Disapproval

Aug 19, 2003
    Again... I answered no. "Alerts" brought me back.

As for this interaction today, it is simply not polite to keep you hanging if you direct words toward me.

22. Hercu Dogla

Mar 13, 2013
    A) you didn't just answer no, you called her a wretched character and then went on to spout about creepiness and pedophilia
    B)the only words i originally directed at you were "are the derogatory comments necessary" the rest of that post was at the page as a whole

23. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    Apparently this whole thing started over A Chorus of Disapproval referring to Ahsoka as a "wretched character".

Outrageous.

24. A Chorus of Disapproval

Aug 19, 2003
    Correct. nerdrage is a powerful emotion.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  25. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I am laughing so damn hard right now.

Hey all you new folks out there:

1. Myke is correct. Filoni gets off on Ahsoka. The boob hole is hardly the only evidence. (And FWIW, I'm no prude by any stretch of the imagination but I still think putting a teenage kid in a sexy outfit because "that's what they sell in the junior department" is a lame excuse at best. Try again.) The fact that Ahsoka is a super-gifted all-powerful Padawan who is shoehorned into every possible episode of the show, saves every character as many times as possible, has to meet all the OT characters, and Filoni wouldn't even abide by Lucas' wish to let her die, is proof of the above statement. And proof that Filoni can't write.

2. Ah, the old "if you don't like it, why post?" meme. The answer is none of your damn business. Learn to handle opposing opinions. It's a discussion board, not choir practice.

3. Ahsoka stand alone film: I won't pay money for it. My sons will probably be teenagers before any stand-alone films come out and I hope they won't pay money for it either; if they do I'll cringe through the phase of adolescent lust and pour myself a glass of wine.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.