main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT Prequel Trilogy Trivia Challenge Rebooted 2.0 – Game 1

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by GGrievous, Feb 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lbr789

lbr789 Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 27, 2013
    Well, at least I didn't spend that $8.53 for nothing :p

2. K'Kruhk

K'Kruhk Jedi Master star 4

Dec 11, 2011
    Very sure, thanks for the tip ;)

GGrievous and Darth Chiznuk like this.
  3. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    Thanks GG. I'm in over my head here.

4. Robimus

Robimus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 6, 2007
    I honestly thought the answer to this last one was Greedo :p

5. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Answer sent for the new question.

Regarding the prior one, I still say the questions as written have more than one possible answer. There may have been one correct answer in GG's head, which the hints were designed to steer towards, but the questions as written still do not preclude a few other answers from being correct too. ;)

6. Count Yubnub

Count Yubnub Force Ghost star 5

Oct 1, 2012

That's nonsense. Onscreen, Anakin Skywalker met several (male) people on Tatooine. He met Qui-Gon; he met Owen Lars; he met Cliegg Lars. I could pick as answer to the question 1 Qui-Gon, describe how Qui-Gon influenced Anakin's life by identifying him as a the chosen one and making sure Obi-Wan trains him, and as answer to the second question "no," and those answers would be correct.

I actually gave the following answer:
    1. Anakin met Owen Lars on Tatooine. Owen lent Anakin his speeder bike, which allowed Anakin to track down the Sand People that abducted his mother, so that he could be in time to be with her when she died. Together with his wife Beru, Owen also raised Anakin's son Luke, who was instrumental in turning Anakin back form the dark side.
    2. yes, Padme.

Those answers are also correct. I'm sure other replies also correctly address these specific questions.

7. Count Yubnub

Count Yubnub Force Ghost star 5

Oct 1, 2012
    Answer to question 7 sent.

8. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    I changed my answer because I think I misinterpreted the question. I just hope I didn't have it right the first time. :p

9. lbr789

Jan 27, 2013
    Answer sent.
    I had to watch certain scenes in the movies again last night to make sure of my answer, and before I knew it I had gotten distracted and stayed up until 1:00 AM. I blame you completely, Grievous. :p
    "That malfunctioning little twerp. He tricked me into going this way . . ."
    :

10. lbr789

Jan 27, 2013
    Well, revised answer has been sent :p

11. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    While misleading, that was the intention. ;)

Had I said, Anakin met this pilot or something, that's basically giving away the answer. I later gave you guys hints saying read and friends. Specifically, Anakin had childhood friends seen in TPM. With friends near him, Anakin met a pilot who influenced his dream of becoming a pilot.

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  12. K'Kruhk

K'Kruhk Jedi Master star 4

Dec 11, 2011
    Answer sent.

13. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
    No offense, but I think you're missing the point. What Count Yubnub and I are saying is that the questions as asked have to have only one correct answer as a possibility if other answers can be considered wrong. The questions as written have more than one possible answer. There may have been one correct answer in your head, which the hints were apparently designed to steer towards, but the questions as written still do not preclude a few other answers from being correct too. My own answer was Qui-Gon, and was similar to what Count Yubnub gave as an example above. Regarding the friends question, the question was "did he have friends with him?" That doesn't mean that he necessarily had friends with him, so the hint was kind of moot.

If I ask what kind of vehicle has more than two wheels, and you answer "car", I can't say you're wrong because the answer I actually wanted was "truck". :p

14. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    No, actually, I've realize that the question had a number of possibilities, but I've lowered them through my hints. I even gave away the "friends" part.

15. Robimus

Jul 6, 2007
    While the pilot question is kinda ambiguous I'm not sure how people have interpretted the term "friend".

While I guess you could technically term Watto or Padme as a "friend" I don't see either of them as a friend. Watto was his owner and boss(unless Slave Owners in someway can be viewed as a friend, which in an extreme case I guess it could) and Anakin didn't view Padme as a friend, he'd already confessed his feelings for her way before the two went to Tattooine. They were already having romantic dinners and rolling around with each other in the grass.

When I read the question I dismissed both Watto and Padme as friends very quickly because I don't think they fit the basic definition. Then when GG mentioned the what films did he have friends in, that really was an even more significant clue along with the read part. Friends was plural so AOTC's should have been eliminated right away as even if your going to take Padme as a "friend" there wasn't more than one of her.

If you did feel there was more than one answer then you could have submitted all the possible answers, then I think you would at least have more of an arguement. Answering "He met Qui Gon with his friend Watto in the room" after Watto just yelled "Boy, get in here now" at him is too far of a stretch.

16. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
    But the question was "did he have friends with him?". I agree, TPM is the movie that he had real friends in, which seemed to align with the hint. I answered Qui-Gon, thinking of TPM, and to the question of "did he have friends with him?" I simply said no, and I said the reason was because Watto was his owner, not his friend.

17. Robimus

Jul 6, 2007
    GG also said it was specifically from a book.

Having Qui Gon as the answer to that question would have been way too easy.

18. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
    Having not read the TPM novel, I couldn't pick something that only happened in the novel and not in the movie. My understanding was that the novels would supplement the movies for this challenge, not be the only source for a question. This is in a films forum, after all. And maybe Qui-Gon would have been too easy, but that still doesn't make it wrong. The questions as asked did not rule out that answer and other possibilities too.

Q: Name a Jedi from the PT.
    A: Mace Windu.
    Q: Wrong, I wasn't thinking of Mace.

:p

Anyway, IMO this was a valid point to make about the challenge, but I'm frankly done laboring the point.

19. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    I had the same problem, and I picked Greedo. He was with Kitster and Wald lol.

That's why I fought for at least 1 point :p

eht13 likes this.
  20. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    Please read the rules. Hell, that was even a hint. :p

And eht, no, I wouldn't do "Name a Jedi off the top of my head." This is a trivia contest, not a guessing game.

eht13 likes this.
  21. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    GGrievous Are the answers and new question still going to be posted today?

GGrievous likes this.
  22. lbr789

Jan 27, 2013
    ^
    Wondering the same thing here.

GGrievous likes this.
  23. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    Sorry for the delay guys, I had an internet outage for most of the day. I am back and ready to give you guys the 8th question. :)

I will not fail you guys next time. :p

24. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    Question 7

Part 1: Two OT starfighters made their way into a film?
    Part 2: If (possibly) true, identify the starfighters. Also state where and when did it occur. Be specific.

Answers:
    Part 1: X-Wing and TIE Fighter class
    Part 2: An X-Wing was chased by three TIE Fighters in Attack of the Clones. Remember the Coruscant chase scenes? The commentary explains all.

As a True/False question, I've accepted any "false, it was three TIE fighters, 1 X-Wing" answers for part 1. Anything that mentions the two starfighter class is fine. "Attack of the Clones" is also safe due to the question saying film.

Points for Participants:
    1. K'Kruhk - 10
    2. lbr789 - 10
    3. Darth Chiznuk - 10
    4 Count Yubnub. - 7
    5. BoromirsFan - 7
    6. Garth Maul - 6
    7. Seagoat - 5
    8. eht13 - 5
    9. Robimus - 2
    10. Julius Vernon - 1

^ If you notice an error at anytime, please let me know. :)

Remember, starfighters. Not frigate, freighter, ect. :p
    Wookieepedia explains this well.

25. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    Question 8
    Part 1: At one point, ILM used a kitchen sink as a missile.
    Part 2: Identify the scene and location.

Yes, you may mention the film. :)

2 Points.

Good luck!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.