main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Season 6/ Bonus Material Discussion (Spoiler Free)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by InterestingLurker, Feb 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hlc88

hlc88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    But if they had known about the cancellation for a while why were the voice actors only just told? And if it was known why were the voice actors recording the week before they were told which from the sounds of things didn't sound like a concluding arc?

Regarding Clovis arc... I think its more to do with Ahsoka's story then content. I also guess since this is the last season, Ahsoka will get the DVD/blu-ray cover, if it gets released.

We had better get Season 5 on blu-ray otherwise Disney will hear from this overseas fan. :mad:

2. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011

The voice work would be atleast a season if not more ahead. Everytime I've seen Behind The Force at SWW Eckstein and JAT have opened with letting us know they are working on the next season. They said at the beginning they were working on recording season 6 last year. If this cancellation bullcrap had not happened I imagine they'd be saying they were working on season 7 when they started it. That's really dubious info since they've said before they don't always know exactly where what they are working on fits. The show seems to take a secretive nature with them. Not surprising at all considering everyone was kicked out from the recording session for the end of "Wrong Jedi". I think the end even if the VA's had just found out a week before we did they had likely finished all the voice work already. They aren't going to tell us what the ending is.

For all we know Dave Filoni is referring to a Dark Times show when he says Ashley won't be recording for a while and he might not even be referring to Ahsoka. Also in the RFR interview Ashley mentioned how the ending for the Fugitive arc was being re-recorded at late as December because changes were made to the ending. Now that's one more think they blamed on Lucas. However we also know that Filoni wanted Ahsoka to survive so who knows. I think there may be another connection there.

Filoni suggested Gregor survived but never confirmed he would reappear. I guess that one is now up to what the viewer wants to believe. Lets remember Filoni also recently said Echo might be alive. At this point we can almost assume no one is dead unless we absolutely see a body.

I just don't think this happened like a flip of the switch. Filoni must have known about it. That they are already far enough into a pilot for another show to record for it says 'Its Been A While' as Aaron Lewis sings.

See my response to TG. The VA's have said before they usually don't even know where what their recording for fits. Voice acting is the first step in the creation process with most animated shows. If they are far enough ahead its likely they finished and then were told and said 'Bye!' or season 8 was about to go into production. I imagine recording will still go on to change stuff around to form a stronger conclusion considering they kept tweaking the Ahsoka arc.

The voice work would be atleast a season if not more ahead even if the VA's just found out and they've said before they don't always know exactly where what they are working on fits. The show seems to take a secretive nature with them. Not surprising at all considering everyone was kicked out from the recording session about the end of season 5.

I think Ahsoka is time frozen and waiting for her story to be picked up in the future, she has been setup to be available to get mind at some point if need be. This will happen soon than later if the new show in production is a follow up rather than a spiritual successor.

I hope you get your releases. I don't think my friends over the pond like you would benefit any if they go with streaming the bonus content.

darthbarracuda likes this.
  3. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    Was that confirmed somewhere that they are getting ready to record for it. I thought the article that someone posted (that confirmed Filoni's involvement) just said that they were beginning to sit down to explore what they could do.

4. hlc88

Sep 3, 2012
    I'm a little worried about them re-recording the end of The Wrong Jedi as late as last December. Were they changing the ending completely so that Ahsoka left and she was originally staying? If so that might cancel out a lot of Clone Wars stories for a sixth season if up until Dec last year Ahsoka stayed and they changed it at the last possible minute. I surely hope that they just changed some dialogue and Ahsoka was leaving at that point in December last year and they were tweeking dialogue rather then the end completely.

I hope you are right... I hope everything that has been recorded will be going into production or continue anyway and finished and released.

I think if they went streaming they would be annoying a lot of fans... if they have to go streaming at least allow everyone to view it. Personally DVD release is my preference. Heck stick some new content onto the Season 5 release!

5. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Nikka Futterman and Steven Stanton tweeted on twitter that they were back in the Clone Wars Studio to record for a pilot that was not TCW. The post with that was made in the petition thread. https://twitter.com/Stephen_Stanton

[​IMG]
    1. Stephen Stanton@Stephen_Stanton
      #LifeGoesOn - Clone Wars reunion #2! Asajj Ventress aka Nika Futterman was also at the TCW studio with us today.... http://fb.me/2nRs6ZvkO

Expand
    2. More
    3. [​IMG]Stephen Stanton@Stephen_Stanton
      #LifeGoesOn -What a Surreal Clone Wars reunion. Here's a photo of Riff Tamson aka Gary Anthony Williams & I... http://fb.me/2xeZF6BlQ

Expand
    4. [​IMG]Stephen Stanton@Stephen_Stanton
      @TheCloneWars reunion #2! Asajj Ventress aka Nika Futterman also at the same studio today :) pic.twitter.com/62R9O8xh3z

View photo
    5. [​IMG]Stephen Stanton@Stephen_Stanton
      Surreal @TheCloneWars reunion Riff Tamson aka Gary Anthony Williams & I recording a new pilot in the old TCW studio! pic.twitter.com/aZxyUXU47R

View photo
    6. [​IMG]Stephen Stanton@Stephen_Stanton
      Headed out to the studio to work on a new pilot. Hope everyone is having a good day and I'll catch up with you when I return :)

IIRC Ahsoka was supposed to stay and everything was going to reset back to normal. They changed it to do something 'big' with it. It seems almost certain now it was a reaction to coming cancellation which does pose the question of how many episodes will get out of the pipe. I want to believe anything 3 quarters of the way through will make it out the pipe. I suspect most of season 6 and a chunk of season 7. Remember winding down could mean 4 episodes or 24+

I hope the Clovis arc will be on the release but we'll see. . My hopes it the bonus material is basically season 6 and will be treated a legit mini series and even gets branded something like 'The Final Chapter'

Darkslayer and darthbarracuda like this.
  6. hlc88

Sep 3, 2012
    I also see on Twitter that the Clone Wars cast have been tweeting about a wrap party last night. I guess that means they are officially done as VAs on the show and probably won't be going back, even for any additional stuff. Just give us a wrap-up arc that concludes everything. [face_praying]

Darkslayer likes this.
  7. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    Well, there is the chance that those two actors could be playing entirely new characters and might just have been given first preference for their work in TCW. But it could also be Tarkin and Asajj, which could pick up the events of Ahsoka's story into a Dark Times spinoff - not what I expected, but I'm game for a Dark Times show, if that's what they are doing. Dee would also be a likely returning VA for such a show. JAT can do anything, so even if Obi-Wan doesn't appear, he could still always come back.

8. Darth_Harmon

Darth_Harmon Jedi Master star 4

Jul 4, 2005
    Where is that recording studio located? I'm just curious if it is a general studio where any old show can be recorded, or if it is a Lucasfilm owned studio, which would mean it will be a Star Wars related thing.

9. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    The tweet says the Clone Wars Studio. I assume its theirs.

Steven Stanton seems to have quite a range so he could certainly be a new character. I'm not familiar with Nikka Futterman outside of TCW. Tarkin seems like a natural choice to be the new Dooku however. I would expect DBB, JAT, and Corey Burton to come back. We'll certainly see what's next.

And yes, good conclusion please. Struggling to see that as the silver lining.

10. Darth_Harmon

Darth_Harmon Jedi Master star 4

Jul 4, 2005
    Hate to bring bad news, but The Clone Wars studio isn't Lucasfilm owned. I checked the end credits to see if a recording studio was credited, and The L.A. Studios, Inc. was credited. Did a google search, and found their site. The image of their Hollywood location is a perfect match for Steven's pics, right down to the waiting area.

So it could be Star Wars related, but it also could be something completely different and it just happens to be that this pilot has a few TCW actors.

http://www.lastudios.com/facilities/lastudios.php

Compare Steven's pic: https://twitter.com/Stephen_Stanton/status/311578876549685248

To this pic: http://www.lastudios.com/images/lastudios.jpg

11. darthbarracuda

darthbarracuda Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 4, 2012
    "A great disturbance in the Force, I feel."

I'm worrying that it's just a random voice acting thing too. Steven sounded like he was surprised to see some of TCW actors there...so maybe it isn't related to Star Wars...

On the other hand, he could just be exclaiming that he's happy to see familiar faces VA-ing with him for an upcoming Star Wars show...

Or maybe he was told to say that and act like it's a surprise to make up guess and worry and come up with hypothetical situations like we are currently doing ...XD

12. darthbarracuda

Nov 4, 2012
    Another thing I wouldn't mind would be that the possible animated series be based in between Ep III and IV, like a year or two after III, and Ahsoka it one of the main characters. I used to hate her until around Season 3ish, when she started to get older and act more mature and not have as bad of lines...

13. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
  14. Zorkel567

Zorkel567 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2010
    I, for one, think Filoni only just found out too. Looking at the interview in the most recent Insider issue, Filoni talked about how they had finished 100 episodes, and how he was planning for an additional hundred. Don't know how long ago that interview would have taken place, but it doesn't sound like someone who knows the show is over with.

15. QuangoFett

QuangoFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 11, 2011
    It was my impression that the final scenes of The Wrong Jedi were basically done long before that. They might have been tweaking things around in order to leave open the possibility that this could be the finale of the series, given how much was uncertain in the wake of the Disney acquisition. However, I distinctly recall reading that Filoni shooed every VA but Lanter and Eckstein from the recording studio to record those final scenes a lot earlier in 2012, or perhaps in 2011. That wouldn't need to be done if Ahsoka staying in the Jedi Order was the outcome; that isn't something that needs to be on a need-to-know basis. The events of this particular recording session might have been revealed in an interview with Eckstein, but it was certainly long before December 2012. Am I mistaken?

Unless these S6/S7 episodes explicitly reference the events of the finale ("Dude, you choked harder than Letta Turmond,") then if they involve Ahsoka, it should be fairly easy to just slot them in the timeline between The Lawless and Sabotage.

Considering how much of S5 was actually in the S5 trailer released in the summer months of 2012, it's not unlikely that JAT is right in saying that pretty much all of S6 is done. Polishing up largely finished episodes is obviously going to be done right up to the end, but as of now, LFA's attention is hopefully on bringing the less fully completed S7 arcs to completion.

16. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    My info is from listening to the RFR interview of Ashley Eckstein. During that interview she said that they were recording for that episode as late as December 2012 working on the ending which to me sounded like something was rewritten. I can't recall if it was that interview or another since I read probably hundreds of interviews while scouring the internet for cancellation news, hell it might have even been the follow up to "Wrong Jedi" on the OS but it was said originally that episode was supposed to end with Ahsoka accepting the offer and going back to the order. My take on it is the end was the redone and that is the recording session folks got kicked out of.

I predict there are atleast 22 episodes out there and season 6 is done. I'ma go out of the limb and say atleast one season 7 arc will make it out and bring the total to 24-26 which is the perfect number for 'The Final Act'.

17. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    In light of the cancellation, it's a shame that they didn't delve into major character backgrounds like Padme's, Dooku's, Grievous' or even Palpatine's during the show's tenure. But thank god we got more droids adventures, huh?

18. Cary_the_Brave

Cary_the_Brave Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 5, 2012
    It wouldn't be The Clone Wars without a small guy with a cyclopse and mechs wandering around, right?

19. Circular Logic

Circular Logic Jedi Master star 4

Mar 3, 2013
    Hopefully the bonus content will include more episodes focused on Dooku's character and motivations; the closest we've really got to seeing Dooku the Sith Lord was during the Nightsisters trilogy when he was training Savage. As QuangoFett mentioned, Filoni has promised that they would delve further into Dooku's character in upcoming episodes, so it would seem likely that at least one future arc will focus on him.

What I ultimately wish is that they can tie in more EU material, specifically the presence of more Dark Acolytes, into the storyline. I think the best time to do that would be to cover some of the Outer Rim Sieges during the end of the war, such as the Siege of Saleucami. It would be a logical place to see Oppo Rancisis for the first time in TCW, and maybe revisit Quinlan Vos's character; I feel that Vos was criminally underused as a one-off character in the series. Perhaps we will also be introduced some of Dooku's other Acolytes like Sora Bulq and Tol Skorr (TCW had better not retcon their existence away, and at least acknowledge they exist in the show itself). I would welcome more Force-wielding villains before the show wraps up.

20. darthbarracuda

Nov 4, 2012
    Didn't Quinlon Vos go undercover as a Dark Acolyte during the Clone Wars? Is it too late in TCW time-wise to add him in as an Acolyte?

21. Circular Logic

Circular Logic Jedi Master star 4

Mar 3, 2013
    Yes, he did go undercover. That was only covered in the EU though, and presumably before the episode Hunt for Ziro, where he is shown working with Obi-Wan Kenobi (they actually never mention his role as a double agent at all in TCW). During the Sieges Vos is already a Jedi commander fighting for the Republic against the Separatists. If they show him again, it would make sense for Vos to be fighting alongside the clones and Jedi.

22. QuangoFett

QuangoFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 11, 2011
    Filoni hinted at a lot of future content in a Q&A session on Facebook in early 2012, around the time he posted his drawing that revealed Bo-Katan sans helmet. Dooku's past and motivation, Talzin's plan and Tusken Raiders were all alluded to. A lot of what he mentioned actually showed up in the broadcast S5. Since this was before summer 2012 (when S6, whether the broadcast or production schedule definition of it, was recorded) it's possible that all this alluded to content is within the handful of production schedule S5 episodes (numbering fifteen, and probably including the Fives arc previewed) which were bumped from the broadcast S5.

Hopefully everything that was hinted at in the early 2012 Facebook Q&A session will be in the "bonus content," and not simply left open-ended.

Since Ahsoka is no longer with Anakin and Obi-Wan, I get the sense that the series' final episodes will transition to portraying their relationship as it was in the beginning of ROTS. That feel - the Negotiator and the Hero With No Fear in their adventures against the CIS - was captured by expanded universe materials from around 2004/2005, including Labyrinth of Evil and the second season of the microseries. The S5 finale did have a real sense of nostalgia towards that time. Now would be an appropriate time to introduce a number of Dark Acolyte antagonists to the story. It would be a natural development of the issues raised by Barriss in the S5 finale and of the matter of Jedi "darkened" by war brought up with Krell to have a few other Jedi break away from the Order, with some (in a different twist on the Mission to Ruul) being alienated into joining Dooku and the CIS.

As you said in a later post, Quinlan Vos is probably already back on the side of the Republic and out of his deep-cover mission by the time of Hunt For Ziro. I'd prefer some new original Acolyte characters. However, he could provide some insight onto the Dark Acolytes, fighting alongside Obi-Wan and Anakin against them. An allusion to the Republic comics and the existence of other Acolytes would be appreciated.

Alternatively, there could be a Jedi who steadfastly refuses the darkness but is inspired (by the actions of Barriss Offee, or perhaps by some Force-insensitive Separatist, or even a Republic atrocity) to join the CIS.

Imagine if the red-skinned tentacle-head Jedi in the preview clip decides to fight against the Republic and its clone army after Tup spontaneously guns down her sister.

Circular_Logic likes this.
  23. hlc88

Sep 3, 2012
    See that's my worry. If they did completely change the ending to The Wrong Jedi in December 2012 by having Ahsoka leave the order, and up until that point, had Ashley been recording S6 episodes with her character still in the Jedi Order? If so... that greatly reduces the number of arcs that might make it out if she's in them... I'm hoping that Ahsoka was originally leaving when they first recorded the episode and the edits they were doing in Dec 2012 were rather dialogue changes then changing the ending completely.

For all we know Ahsoka staying in the Order could have been decided upon at a writer's meeting and maybe just before recording originally happened for the fugitive arc, they changed their minds.

24. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    I find it highly unlikely that they would invalidate entire arcs of episodes by changing the ending to Season 5. Imagine how much money would be thrown down the drain!

However, even if this was the case (I really don't see how this could have happened), then episodes involving Ahsoka could possibly just be pulled back in the timeline. Unless the episodes referenced Ahsoka's escapades, they'd probably be fine.

QuangoFett likes this.
  25. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    I'm hoping that the Tup situation will explain why they stopped cloning more troops. [praying]

You know what would be a crowning touch to the show? An episode where Ahsoka discovers Sidious at his Coruscant lair but ends up getting caught. And the last scene would show Sids cackling and raising a carbon frozen Togrutan Padawan onto a trophy wall beside his former Zabrak apprentice.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.