main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Questions We'll Never Get Answered

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Narutakikun, Mar 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Narutakikun

Narutakikun Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 8, 2012
    So as of now, it looks like we have maybe 2-3 arcs worth of Clone Wars material that we'll ever actually see in any form, and we have a pretty good idea of what's generally in at least some of it.
    (e.g. the Clovis arc and the arc where the clone shoots that one Jedi and Trench sees them)
    And the truth is, it looks like Disney is about done telling PT-era stories. So the truth is, there are some questions that TCW raised that we'll likely never get answered. I thought I'd create a central collection point for those questions, so I have a few, and you can add some of your own. And please, I don't want this to become a joke thread - serious questions only.

So here are some:

What actually ended up happening to: Barriss? Darth Maul? Gregor? Dogma? Rex? Ventress? Mother Talzin? Hondo and/or Katooni?

Did Anakin ever see Ahsoka again? Did Ahsoka ever see Lux again? Did Obi-Wan ever see Bo-Katan again?

How did that big battle on Mandalore end?

What ended up happening with that clone of the Zillo Beast?

Did D-Squad ever actually go on any more adventures?

Did Cut and his sexy pink French Twi'lek wife live happily ever after?

How did Poggle the Lesser and Wat Tambor get out of jail on Coruscant in time for Vader to slice 'n dice them on Mustafar?

So what other questions are there from TCW that we will probably never find out the answers to?

CaptainRex115 likes this.
  2. Mia Mesharad

Mia Mesharad Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    Isn't it a bit dramatic to say that all of what you listed are questions we'll never get answers to? Maul's story will be told, and we're absolutely going to hear how and when the Separatist leaders were freed from custody, because each are basically the two largest elephants in the room when it comes to plot threads requiring resolution. There's also a strong likelihood that Rex, Ventress, and Talzin's tales will be told, and potentially Barriss as well. And Mandalore's Clone Wars-era story already has been told.

The only real question is what medium will these stories appear in when they get around to telling them: a number of novels, a follow-up comic series, or a series-wrapping guide book?

3. HEDGESMFG

HEDGESMFG Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 20, 2010
    We don't know, because we don't actually know how much content we're being given. "At least 2 arcs" may seem to imply a small amount, but the truth is we really have no idea. I'm guessing between 12-20 episodes, counting clovis, but no one knows yet.

Filoni also claims the remaining arcs with wrap up loose ends in the saga or something similar.

Having said that, we very well may never see Ashoka again in TCW. I'm also skeptical about if they'll ever adapt the kidnapping of Palpatine, but I'm fine without that, as the micro-series did a great job of it.

More to the point, I still worry we won't actually get this material any time soon.

4. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    So many of those don't need resolution, or at least I wouldn't care enough to be disappointed if they never got answered.

Filoni at one point seemed to virtually promise that we'd see Gregor again, but then the show got cancelled and his rhetoric changed so that Filoni believed he survived (so we'll likely never see confirmation in the remaining arcs). But really, if it is never addressed again, then it would just be assumed he's dead. It's not the same as someone like Maul where he is assured that he will not be killed and that Sidious has other uses for him. That has to be addressed and I'm confident will be addressed, in the novels or comics at the very least.

The implication was that the Zillo Beast was going to be studied for the nature of its indestructible armor. Given that research never translated into indestructible anything by the time of the OT, I'd be inclined to think that the research failed. Maybe it got released on some planet that opposed Palpatine and then Palpatine and the Empire could swoop in and save the day, boosting his status as a hero in the early days of the Empire. Such a story could be told, again most likely in a novel or comic.

I'm guessing that C-canon will try and reconcile what Barriss did in the fugitive arc with her existing continuity. I don't think we've seen the last of her.

Perhaps Cut was discovered years later and dragged out into the streets of Saleucami by the new Imperial troops and shot as a deserter of the Empire in front of his wife and kids. Or if they want to go really dark they can kill the wife and kids too as was not uncommon in a lot of medieval and ancient regimes - to eliminate the entire clan to remove the threat of retaliation. Not something I'd ever expect on TV, but perhaps in a novel or comic.

Reoccurring theme: many of these will probably be addressed, in a comic or novel most likely.

5. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    Perhaps TCW should've answered questions relating to Mandalore, Maul, the Confederate leaders etc instead of wasting time on irrelevant arcs such as the droid, Onderon and Young Jedi arcs.

6. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    I've been waiting... 10.... long... years... now.... to discover what became of San Hill.

Filoni, you have failed me once again. And now you threw Barriss in the slammer too.

Dammit.

[​IMG]

7. Narutakikun

Narutakikun Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 8, 2012
    I kind of doubt it, actually. I get the distinct impression that Disney is basically dumping the PT era. There may be a few things already in the pipeline that are close enough to completion that Disney will figure it might as well release them - the few remaining episodes of TCW, maybe a handful of novels and comics, and a minor game or two - but after that, I think the whole era is basically done, because Disney doesn't want to sink any more money into telling a part of the Star Wars story they don't really see as "theirs".

kubricklynch likes this.
  8. Darth_Harmon

Darth_Harmon Jedi Master star 4

Jul 4, 2005
    I fear we wont see the freeing of all the Separatist leaders, and we'll just have to assume they escaped during the battle of Coruscant.

9. CaptainRex115

CaptainRex115 Jedi Padawan star 3

Jan 11, 2013
    I'd be surprised if we got the answer to ANY of those questions clone wars style. some crappy EU comic writer might do something on it but it would be dumb as usual with most EU stuff

10. Mia Mesharad

Sep 2, 2012
    [​IMG]

11. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi SWC Jedi Draft Champion star 6 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 30, 2012
    Since the Banking Clan is supposed to have something to do with the Clovis arc, I'm just hoping we see San Hill, and not just a cameo or anything, but a major role in at least one of the episodes.

12. K'Kruhk

K'Kruhk Jedi Master star 4

Dec 11, 2011
    Is little Rexy still throwing toys out of the pram? Awww.

13. Kualan

Kualan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 4, 2008
    I assume we'll get a Battle of Coruscant arc of some kind, which will likely involve the Separatist leaders being freed (it's the ideal diversion after all, Grievous swoops in and makes everyone think this is a snatch-and-grab on the CIS Council, turns out he's going for the jackpot). Mandalore's arc could technically end where it did in 'The Lawless', as leaving the New Mandalorians being torn apart by civil war would bridge the gap between TCW continuity and the former Mandalorian EU continuity relatively smoothly.

Hondo could pop up in any follow-up animated series, presuming it takes place during the 'Dark Times'. Same for Bane, if the remaining episodes don't clear up his fate.

Barriss, Maul and Talzin do need some kind of follow-up, I agree. Maybe we'll get that in the remaining episodes, I imagine we will. Ventress and Boba too, probably.

14. CaptainRex115

Jan 11, 2013
    what? Im just being realistic... As I said at this point i'd be surprised if we got any answers... we wont see ahsoka again, 99% sure we wont see maul again.... most likley wont see the separatist leaders getting out... or anything like that... not complaining, just saying the truth. seems like your the one who cant handle it with your "pram" cause you know the only relolusion we will get might be from crappy EU writers who in their best day couldnt compare to george and filoni on thier worst day lol... and you know that's the truth

15. Mia Mesharad

Sep 2, 2012
    You're being extremely petty right now. I get that your show's cancelled and that sucks; I sympathize. But if you genuinely believe that Lucas and Filoni are the number one greatest storytellers in Star Wars, you're sadly mistaken. How much EU have you actually, personally, read? How many of these writers' works have you partaken of to determine that they're all crappy? Or you just being pissy and throwing a fit with no real knowledge of EU literature, whether novel or comic?

16. K'Kruhk

Dec 11, 2011
    Oh stop being so moody and negative. We don't need to see Ahsoka again, she's not important to the Star Wars saga anymore. As for your other points, we'll get an explanation of their resulting storylines, at the very least.

[face_rofl] [face_rofl] [face_rofl] [face_rofl] [face_rofl]

Your opinion is not fact. Those EU writers and their works are not factually crap just because you think they are. Have you actually read anything from the EU?

'You know that's the truth.' Wow... you're deluded. Read any novel from James Luceno or Matthew Stover then watch an episode like Shadow Warrior. If you still think that the TCW episode is better simply because it came from Lucas and Filoni then you need your brain checked.

17. Kualan

Dec 4, 2008
    I agree with CaptainRex115. Bombad Jedi was the best piece of storytelling I've ever witnessed, not just in the Star Wars franchise but in any kind of fiction. It is a travesty that we'll never seen its like again.

CaptainRex115 likes this.
  18. CaptainRex115

Jan 11, 2013
    I've read about 5 novels and I own probably over 250 assorted issues of comics... I've seen enough to make a fair judgement of which is better and by how much.

19. Darth Ibonek

Darth Ibonek Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 11, 2013
    I would like to join this debate, but unfortunately, I haven't read any EU materials (in fact any Star Wars books other than ROTS). [face_sigh]So I'll keep my mouth shut.

any suggestions on books? ;)

20. Kualan

Dec 4, 2008
    Labyrinth of Evil is a good one. Set immediately before ROTS and leads directly into the film.

21. CaptainRex115

Jan 11, 2013
    I think TCW & The moves ARE better, not because who they are made by, but simply because they are far better. When i look at who made it, to no surprise the big man GL & Filoni are in charge... Shadow Warrior was awesome, same with bombad jedi. Two of my favorite episodes.... Your the one who got pisy and legit insulted me for no reason.. but i dont care about that. I understand your upset the EU cant hold a candle to the true STAR wars. The proof is in the pudding, how many people have heard of the clone wars and the movies? now how many people have read X novel? case closed...

22. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi SWC Jedi Draft Champion star 6 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 30, 2012
    I honestly wouldn't mind keeping a few characters fates a mystery and have them appear in the ST, such as Darth Maul, but not if he's gonna be a really old man with rusted metal legs...

23. CaptainRex115

Jan 11, 2013
    Well I read "Dark Lord the Rise of Darth Vader" which was supposedly supposed to be one of the best books out there star wars related. It was good no question, but as I said earlier even the D-Squad episodes were better and drew far more emotion from me. Maybe that book can beat a handfull of episodes in TCW. but over 90-95% of TCW is far better. and thats supposed to be the BEST book... so yeah

Darth Ibonek likes this.
  24. K'Kruhk

Dec 11, 2011
    Me, pissy? I think you should look up the term 'hypocrite' in the dictionary. You're the perfect example of someone here who is pissy. You're acting like a spoilt kid who doesn't get what he/she wants. Your favourite show got cancelled? 'I HATE DISNEY, BURN IT TO THE GROUND! DIE DIE DIE I WANT MY SHOW BACK' rant rant rant. Like a baby throwing toys out of the pram. To be honest I don't care if you were insulted, it was true, and I don't insult people without a reason.

Oh don't start on this 'true Star Wars' bollocks. The EU with the shows and films combined is true Star Wars, don't even bother trying to deny it otherwise. And again, stop stating your opinion as a fact. Grow up.

25. Mia Mesharad

Sep 2, 2012
    TCW's movie novelization is excellent, as is the follow up tie-in No Prisoners, prominently featuring Rex and Ahsoka. With the series coming to a close, Labyrinth of Evil is the perfect close to the Clone Wars period, transitioning into Revenge of the Sith. As a Bo-Katan fan, I'd recommend the Republic Commando series, which while predominantly clone-centric in the same vein as the Umbara story arc, also features significant Mandalorian warrior clan content the likes of which Bo-Katan would fit in rather well. Yoda: Dark Rendezvous is the single best characterization of Yoda in existence, managing to merge the serious, wise, and powerful Yoda of the PT with the playful old master of the OT. And Shatterpoint is a Mace Windu-centric masterpiece, not to mention the MedStar novels with Barriss Offee and battlefield medics. That's just Clone Wars stuff, and only novels at that. The Republic comics are also excellent, featuring outstanding artwork and numerous powerful story arcs.

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.