main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation Ahsoka Stand Alone film???

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by DarthMateous, Feb 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheMadHatter

TheMadHatter Jedi Master star 4

Sep 16, 2009
    I recognised all these traits in Ahsoka quite early on to be honest,

sorry to hear her character has become worse

2. Hercu Dogla

Hercu Dogla Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 13, 2013
    Hey man, I've got no problem with opposing opinions... I prefer it even. Civil debates can sure as **** be fun to be apart of. It is the unnecessary derogatory comments and being called a pedophile for simply enjoying a character that I won't just sit by and take. This isn't middle school...

If I went to a jar jar thread and said "anyone who likes this character must have a mental disability" what kind of response do you think I'd get? (Now I'm not saying that, i actually like his character as well, brings an interesting sense of humor into the series) My point is, is it really to much to ask to keep things civil without talking down on characters simply because one person may not like them? If it is to much to ask well that's fine this will be my last post in this thread, no problem.

Also as a side note, you may want to fix your signature... Your Leonard quote is way off and his name is spelled wrong :p

3. P.Sam

P.Sam Jedi Padawan star 1

May 31, 2011
    I have no interest whatsoever about Ahsoka as a SW character so I sure hope not to see Lucasfilm/Disney wasting ressources to make a film about it. I think it's time to put TCW behind us and focus on what's lay ahead. The futur of Ahsoka can be deal with in the EU as a novel for instance. No need to make a film.

TreborSabreon and GGrievous like this.
  4. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    LOL. Precisely because it isn't middle school, maybe you should avoid comments like "If you don't like X, why post?" Because that just looks like you're trying to form your own little clique of people who agree with you while telling everyone else to GTFO, and that is middle-school behavior at best. And it certainly contradicts your statement that you have no problem with opposing opinions and your request for "civil conversation".

And yes, we absolutely can talk down on characters here. It's not against the TOS to dislike Ahsoka and express it, as much as some people would like a "positive opinions only" site. Again, get over it.

TreborSabreon and CT-867-5309 like this.
  5. Hercu Dogla

Mar 13, 2013
    There is a difference between expressing dislike and deliberately PK EDIT LANGUAGE on a character. What purpose does that serve besides specifically trying to anger people who actually like her? What kind of person wants to do that? You can express disdain without negative or derogatory comments. You don't have to be positive just don't be insulting, is that really a difficult concept to grasp?

And I made the "why comment" post after several of these negative comments came first. But now that I know it is apparently not okay to question why people post but it is okay to call others pedophiles, creepy, or wretched simply because they like a character I'll be sure to hold my tongue in the future.

6. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    The purpose of deliberately ****ing on a character is to deliberately **** on a character because we think the character deserves to be **** on. If people who like that character are taking dislike of her as a personal insult and getting angry about it, that's the problem of the people who are getting their Fruit of the Looms in bunches over someone on a message board having a different opinion on a fictional character.

IOW, if you think people are trashing Ahsoka just to piss you off, maybe you ought to consider the idea that it's not all about you and nobody here should have to double check to ensure that we're making you happy before we post.

If I got my feelings hurt every time someone trash talked Anakin, I'd cry every day. As it is, I choose to have fun here and not take disagreement over my favorite character as some sort of personal affront.

But we all make choices. Just don't expect it to fly when you try to play Posting Police because poor wittle Shokie-pooh is getting picked on.

7. stormcloud8

stormcloud8 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 24, 2002
    Can we move on from trashing each other, and get back to trashing Ahsoka?

JackG, GGrievous and CT-867-5309 like this.
  8. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    Remember this scene from Star Wars?

"You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy."
    "Hey, no need to be so derogatory."

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  9. PrincessKenobi

PrincessKenobi Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 12, 2000
    Come on guys let's just get back to talking about Ashoka.

More then likely Disney or someone at Disney will suggest an Ashoka stand alone.

10. darthbarracuda

darthbarracuda Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 4, 2012
    I would be cool with an Ahsoka stand-alone film as long as:
    It's animated (It would be difficult to make a main character look the exact same every day and look perfect in real life, especially with the head-tails and whatnot). I would like it in the style of TCW...
    Takes place after the end of Season 5 of TCW.
    Doesn't include cheesy lines (ahem ahem TCW movie) or horrible sing along songs (Disney I'm looking at you)

You know what would be better? The possible animated series that has Ahsoka as a main character.

11. Dra---

Dra--- Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2012
    I'm just about done with S2 of Clones Wars, and I see no problem with Ahsoka at all. Seems like a perfect apprentice for Anakin. Love to see her in her own film at some point.

12. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    You know, I'm going to admit that I'm one who Ahsoka grew on over the CW series - no small part of that being Ashley E's obvious affection and excitement for the character (but I liked the direction they took Ventress in even more). I don't think she could hold a 'stand alone' film though, even a direct to DVD animated one. I do wish they would finish what they started with the CW series, even if it's just a 'season 6' DVD with all the directors cuts intact.

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  13. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    My problems with her really started in season 3. Prior to then she just seemed like an apprentice with a feisty attitude, one in whom Anakin met his match. She was annoying as hell in a few episodes, Shadow of Malevolence being one that specifically comes to mind, but at least in the first two seasons, she got smacked down a few times, and Filoni had not started his "let's have Ahsoka meet every OT character and save everyone" philosophy. That was season 3. The ridiculous "let's make Ahsoka more mature than Anakin" philosophy started at about that time as well.

If you get through the next few seasons without being annoyed with Ahsoka, more power to you. I couldn't.

GGrievous and darthbarracuda like this.
  14. darthbarracuda

Nov 4, 2012
    Same!

15. Hercu Dogla

Mar 13, 2013
    I had this same thought at first but I'm not sure how it would take as her being the main character. A post PT series with new faces where she makes appearances would probably work out better for both her character and the show.

I guess our principles are just differ then... so be it. Time to move on...

Oh and your sig is still wrong... Its "we're here to cheer up Koothrapali" not see...

16. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    LOL, I guess so, because I'll be damned if I'm biting my tongue on what I think of Ahsoka or any other fictional character.

I'll just try to remain impressed that you've memorized The Griffin Equivalency episode of The Big Bang Theory or else you were really eager to correct me on something.

CT-867-5309 and Darth Chiznuk like this.
  17. Hercu Dogla

Mar 13, 2013
    Morality separates hero's from villains

Unfortunately, I've memorized almost every episode of the TBBT lol :/ The only TV show I've actually followed since it started haha

darthbarracuda likes this.
  18. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    What the absolute **** are you talking about?

If you're seriously suggesting that it is immoral to trash Ahsoka...dude...

[face_rofl][face_rofl]

Thanks. There's been quite a bit of comedic gold on TF.N today.

19. Hercu Dogla

Mar 13, 2013
    Of course not... I am simply stating it is immoral to trash anyone or anything and apparently take pleasure in it. Talking down to or about a person even a fictional one is just not something I do not believe in regardless of how one feels about him/her.

When you wish to judge a person's character you don't look at how he treats his friends. You look at how he treats those he does not like.

20. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    "Of course not, it's just immoral to trash Ahsoka."

LOL, dude, you do realize that you repeated what I said while claiming that you weren't saying it, right?

Oh, you mean like calling real people "immoral" because they trash a fictional character that you like? Or questioning why they dare post on a message board with you when they don't share your adoration of a fictional character?

OK.

I'm pretty sure little 'Shoka isn't crying into her pillow because I trashed her on a message board. Considering that, you know, she doesn't actually exist.

Your outrage on her behalf is funny though.

21. Hercu Dogla

Mar 13, 2013
    Your missing my point... it is not because its Ahsoka that I am making these arguments, I haven't even mentioned her name in my last several posts. Just because I don't hate her character doesn't mean everything is about her. Had you been trashing any character in the show or any show for that matter I would have said the same thing. Hell, had you started trash talking Sheldon from TBBT who I don't particularly enjoy I still would have defended him.

As one who suffered enough verbal abuse through both middle school and high school I don't appreciate seeing it now.

It is a moral standing of mine that I don't believe verbal abuse should be directed towards any person or thing and the fact that you clearly do speaks a lot of your character.

And for the record I am far from outraged simply standing up for what I believe in.

22. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Dear God, this has been Freudian the whole time...

23. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    LOL.

Dude, let me explain a concept to you one more time.

Ahsoka.
    Isn't.
    Real.

But your claiming moral outrage over people trashing her on a message board, assuming that people who dare criticize a fictional character that you like, probably also kick puppies in their spare time, is hilarious.

Since you are so upset over what happened to you in middle school and high school, why not find some real people who have suffered similar situations and direct your outrage towards their perpetrators, instead of getting all pissy over posters on a franchise message board who are trashing someone who doesn't even exist? There are anti-bullying campaigns out there, plenty of them, although I'm sure none of them are particularly concerned about what posters here say about Ahsoka Tano.

24. darthbarracuda

Nov 4, 2012
    Holy crap this is a warzone

25. Hercu Dogla

Mar 13, 2013
    Did I not just specifically state that it was NOT about Tano? And yet you bring her up twice in your argument. It has nothing to do with which characters I like or which I don't. I even gave an example of one I didn't like who I would defend had such comments been made towards him.

All I asked from the very beginning of this whole ordeal was that we not spout negative comments, is that really too much to ask? You can get your points across just as easily without them.

And I never made claim that you were kicking puppies or doing anything of the sort because of the comments. Only that it revealed the moralities you hold, nothing more.

Once again as I stated above I am not outraged by anything seen here today regardless of how many times you try and insult me. I have been civil and clear throughout and all I asked for was the same courtesy. Yet that appears too difficult.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.