main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT Prequel trilogy special editions - what would you want to see?!

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by darth_mccartney, Mar 7, 2013.

1. darthzac14

darthzac14 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 8, 2012
    Well just about everything in the scene would be CG so I could actually see it happening

darth_mccartney likes this.
  2. darth_mccartney

darth_mccartney Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 3, 2008
    Now someone just needs to get on the phone to whoever is in charge of this sort of thing and tell them to sort it! lol

3. SnakeWesker

SnakeWesker Jedi Master star 1

Apr 21, 2006
    Episode I:

• Put the fight back in with Greedo, but don't call him Greedo. Just make him a random Rodian.
    • Anything they have with Darth Maul, put him in. See if they can put in his, "Fear attracts the fearful," dialogue from the Duel of the Fates music video.
    • The Senate scene (vote of no confidence) could probably be cut out. Palpatine basically sums up what happens in it, anyway.
    Episode II:

• Either blow up the love story, or add to it. Cut out the love scenes, or add the Padme family scenes in.
    • I don't really hate the C-3PO stuff as much as everyone else seems to. However, maybe cut out those scenes and put in the raid on the droid control thing instead? That scenario sounded like a Clone Wars episode.
    Episode III:

• Whatever footage they have of Anakin during the Jedi purge, put it in. Especially the Shaak Ti scene. I don't care if it contradicts the Force Unleashed. That game's story was ridiculous, anyway.
    • The Dagobah scene can be added without it interrupting the pace.
    • Try to get the Birth of the Rebellion scenes in.
    Also, what is this I hear about an unseen Obi-Wan and Padme scene? I've never heard of it before.

4. KilroyMcFadden

KilroyMcFadden Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 31, 2012
    Now that Disney is in charge I doubt there will be special editions of the PT. You'll have to look to the fan editors to get your fix, and most of them are motivated to fix these turds; get rid of Jar jar completely and so forth...not make them even more George Lucasy.

...Though now that I've said it, maybe someone who claims to love the PT will make a special edition? Of course that would mean they would have to make changes to the master's works, violating the usual apologist claim that it is disrespectful to the filmmaker to change his art. Come to think of it, why is anyone who claims to love the PT asking about or making suggestions on how to change the movies?

oic wat u did thar

5. Darth Dru

Darth Dru Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 1, 2013
    They need to redo Qui-Gon's death scene and have him disappear (like Obi-Wan and Yoda did) in Obi-Wan's arms when he dies. It would make more sense considering he figured out the force ghost thingy.

6. Bacon164

Bacon164 Chosen One star 8

Mar 22, 2005
    Are you an idiot

7. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    I thought he figured it out after he died and was then able to interact with the land of the living?

Looking on Wookiepedia under Qui-Gon Jinn he did find a way to maintain his identity after death from a Shaman of the Whills but I don't think he knew how to fully interact (his attempt to stop Anakin in AOTC failed) with the living until ROTS with Yoda. He didn't know everything like how to disappear. Besides Vader still had to be surprised in ANH so that is out.

Bacon164 likes this.
  8. SnakeWesker

Apr 21, 2006
    I would have edits and changes for the originals, as well.

9. KilroyMcFadden

Oct 31, 2012
    Me too. I don't claim to pretend that GL is anything more that the lucky hack who created the universe that, by its first sequel, outgrew his abilities to properly portray it.

10. SnakeWesker

Apr 21, 2006
    I don't agree with that. GL is a hero of mine.

I was just saying, a hundred people could edit the same movie and come up with a hundred different versions.

Jedi_Ford_Prefect likes this.
  11. themetresgained

themetresgained Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2013
    I've owned the RotS DVD since it was released and I've only just now looked at the deleted scene. I am a bad person.

All of the scenes about Padme and the Rebellion need to be put back in. They're important plot-wise and it means Padme does something other than being Anakin's wife and giving birth to the twins.

12. Jedi_Ford_Prefect

Jedi_Ford_Prefect Jedi Master star 4

Jun 9, 2003
    This.

I can see the rationale to include the original edits of things as well as director's cuts. I just don't know of any original version I'd care to watch. I've got the 5 disc Blu Ray of "Blade Runner", for instance, and the only discs I ever play are the Final Cut version from a few years ago, and the supplementals. The 3 additional discs with the original cut, the workprint and the 92 "director's cut" (which wasn't quite) I never even think about playing.

ezekiel22x and SnakeWesker like this.
  13. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    "Loving" a movie(s) does not equate to thinking them "perfect" and untouchable. Perfection is rare and pretty much unattainable.

14. KilroyMcFadden

Oct 31, 2012
    The very existence of this thread makes me smile. You guys are me in 2005, wishing GL would have made slightly different movies. I can't wait to see how this evolves over the course of the next ten years. :D

15. Jedi_Ford_Prefect

Jun 9, 2003
    I'm not openly wishing the movies were different, myself. I quite like them the way they are. The only real criticism I have is in what was taken out, which is a pretty common quibble one can have with movies once you see the deleted scenes (and especially a common thing to consider in an age where "extended editions" are a common feature on dvds). At least in the PT's case Lucas cuts out scenes and keeps them out based on his will, not somebody else's-- it always pisses me off to see scenes cut out of movies that aren't even reinstated by the directors on DVD, like the Hell monologue in "Dogma" or god knows what was excised from "Gangs of New York".

Are the movies perfect? No, but I wouldn't bother changing the nitpicky details in them. Right now the "Back to the Future" moveis are playing on TV, and as much as I like those flicks, they've got a whole mess of errors when it comes to continuity-- both in how time travel might feasibly work and in how the characters act just on a dramatic basis. But would I want to try and make an edit to iron out those small differences I have with the filmmaker's vision? No. That would be petty and stupid.

16. KilroyMcFadden

Oct 31, 2012
    Restoring deleted scenes is how it starts. Despite the fact that the filmmaker himself didn't want those scenes in there you think you know better. You know, you don't have to wait for George Lucas to come to his senses and make the movie the way you want it to be. With the right editing software, you can make the movie better and put those scenes back in yourself...

17. Jedi_Ford_Prefect

Jun 9, 2003
    It's one thing to casually speculate about hypothetical special or extended editions in the future. It's quite another to go out and acticely make them yourself. There's something pathological in behavior like that, especially when it involves investing that much capital for the hardware and software necessary to make these unofficial edits that can't legally be shown, even. It's rather sad, actually, that people would rather edit someone else's film than make their own.

18. bstnsx704

bstnsx704 Force Ghost star 5

Mar 11, 2013
    The only 'change' that I'd actually ask for isn't really a change at all; its more of an addition. I would absolutely love for Qui-Gon to have a cameo at the end of Revenge of the Sith (be it a full-body Force Ghost or simply his voice) as was originally intended.

19. Klingon Padawan

Klingon Padawan Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 5, 2013
    There's a ROTS deleted of scene of that.

20. bstnsx704

Mar 11, 2013
    I was under the impression that it was never filmed...something about Liam Neeson being in a motorcycle accident.

21. Klingon Padawan

Klingon Padawan Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 5, 2013
    It's on Youtube.

22. bstnsx704

Mar 11, 2013
    I've only ever seen a fanmade one on YouTube.

23. Darthbane2007

Darthbane2007 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 31, 2007
    It may have been on some DVD Edition already released, but there was storyboards and I believe unused footage of the raid on a Core Ship in AOTC. I would love to see that..

24. Son of a Bith

Son of a Bith Jedi Master star 4

Feb 28, 2013
    More Dooku. Interesting character, but you need to go to supplimentary material to learn anything of substance about him.