main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Questions We'll Never Get Answered

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Narutakikun, Mar 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CaptainRex115

CaptainRex115 Jedi Padawan star 3

Jan 11, 2013
    Right... thats why TCW literally STEAMROLLED all EU that came in its path. Obviously Filoni and George would be looking at the EU and be like of course we aren't gona do that.... we want people to actually watch the show lol. If the EU was so great why did they not even follow 1 piece of it? they whipped the slate clean making most clone wars EU non-canon. They will do the same come post ROTS and dark times if they ever do that. Its a no brainer obviously. which is why George is so famous yet these random EU writers are pretty much unknown by comparison

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR likes this.
  2. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    "True Star Wars."

'The quality is based on the number of people who have heard of it.'

'We all need to march on Disney because we won't see Ahsoka again.'

'Gascon's bat**** crazy desert antics are better than Labyrinth of Evil.'

[face_rofl]

Damn, I don't even need to watch comedy tonight. TF.N has had it in gold today.

Oh, and K'Kruhk, your hat is better than Filoni's.

3. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    It's better than TCW, and actually will still continue!

4. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Speaking of Gascon and things that will never be answered. What the hell was on that encryption module we wasted four episodes to get and forget?

5. K'Kruhk

K'Kruhk Jedi Master star 4

Dec 11, 2011
    Look up the term 'literally' Then you will know then that's not true.

They did. The Battle of Sarrish, Asajj Ventress, Gorga, Ky Narec, Black Sun, Falleen, Delta Squad & Super Commandos.

It's spelt 'wiped', you're welcome. So you compare fame to greatness? In that case Justin Bieber must be the best singer of all time because he has the most followers on Twitter.

Mia Mesharad likes this.
  6. CaptainRex115

Jan 11, 2013
    dont get me wrong, I like the EU... but I like the TV shows and Movies about 50 times better. I certainly don't want the EU to be cancelled, thats just pointless.

7. CaptainRex115

Jan 11, 2013
    Good question... The answer to that is probably lost somewhere in the star wars 'void'. doubt we will ever get the answer

8. CaptainRex115

Jan 11, 2013
    OKay, Assaj Ventress is 1,000% different in the clone wars. Did she go rouge in the comics? no. Did she pick savage opress to help her defeat dooku? no. Did she help ahsoka tano find the warhouse and escape the clones that were after her? no. Completely different characters who do completely different things.... As for the black sun... lol in the EU Maul completely destroys them and they are a mix of all different races. In TCW, they are one singular race, they certainly dont know Maul, and it doesnt seem like they were destroyed cause theyre still around... Super Commandos are completely different in the EU they have blasters attacked to their hands and shoulders and they have a cone head.....but anyways, point taken on the beiber thing...

9. K'Kruhk

Dec 11, 2011
    Only one hat there is. No more, no less. Filoni wishes he could possess an item of such freakin' sweet power. That's the real reason why TCW was cancelled. It wasn't Disney, it wasn't George. It was Dave. He simply had enough of having his pathetic excuse of whatever he has on his head being laughably compared to the One, so he broke down and cancelled the show. Then he used the Disney situation to make a viable excuse to cover his shame. We weren't fooled. We know the truth.

10. Mia Mesharad

Mia Mesharad Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    Wut.

Yes, Ventress did go rogue. That was her story from Obsession. No, she didn't use Opress to defeat Dooku, because―surprise, surprise―Savage wasn't invented, neither was Ahsoka and the traitor plot. Ventress' design, her characterization, her entire existence is the result of the EU. Black Sun was also only crippled by Maul, not destroyed. Sidious specifically wishes their power diminished so as to keep them from becoming a threat, not removed entirely for they have potential to serve his purposes. The Falleen contingent seen in Season 5 are just that, a contingent, the faction of Black Sun loyal to the Vigo and his lieutenants that Savage killed. That's why they're all Falleen, instead of multi-species. And I can't even make sense of whatever you seem to think Super Commandos are.

This is a display of your unfamiliarity with the EU. You do not even know the first thing beyond generalizations and snippets of things you're decrying as worthless and crappy. This same attitude is what you and others shout down―often rightly so―when others come to this board talking about how bad TCW is, but the irony of that is apparently lost to you.

11. K'Kruhk

Dec 11, 2011
  12. Garrett Atkins

Garrett Atkins Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 11, 2013
    TCW has given Grievous one Jedi kill and Ventress none. Lucas is a horrible storyteller. Filoni is a fanboy who has too much control over his computer.

13. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    That Darth Freakin' Maul and his brother had more Jedi kills than General Grievous in the Clone Wars is utterly ridiculous.

14. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi SWC Jedi Draft Champion star 6 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 30, 2012
    Tell me about it... From Grievous showing off his lightsaber collection in ROTS, I'd expect him to have had quite a few Jedi kills in TCW, but nope, they gave them all to Savage, because apparently practicing how to use a lightsaber for an hour makes you strong enough to take on anyone and win.

VMeran and Mia Mesharad like this.
  15. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Eh, I'm OK with that, as Savage was a better character than Grievous.

I've mentioned it before but I don't remember where--a lot of you missed the disgusted conversations prior to ROTS about how Grievous' character was fanboy pandering. "Let me come up with a character who can use four lightsabers!"

The Shadow Emperor likes this.
  16. Cevan

Cevan Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 16, 2013
    I'm really holding out hope that we'll get to see Loathsom, Poggle, and Tambor freed from Republic custody in one of these upcoming story arcs. Perhaps Sidious could use his resources to have Grievous and some droids snuck onto Coruscant or something to free them. Hopefully "How do Tambor and Poggle escape prison?" isn't one of the questions we never get answered.

17. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    We'll have to assume the CIS leaders escaped during the Battle of Coruscant if TCW doesn't tackle that.

18. Cevan

Cevan Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 16, 2013
    I suppose so. Hopefully though we'll actually get to see them escape before the Battle of Coruscant. I'd hate it if Tambor and Poggle were just cooped up in a Republic prison for over half of the war.

darklordoftech likes this.
  19. Jordan1Kenobi

Sep 30, 2012
    What I'd really like to see is Wat Tambor and Poggle the Lesser with blasters provided by the Battle Droids and shooting their way out of the prison with Grievous leading them, or at least using self defence to knock a few Clones out. I know they're just Separatists, but it'd be cool to know they've got some self defence skills like Padme and Satine.

20. Cevan

Cevan Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 16, 2013
    Agreed. I kind of imagine Grievous breaking in with a small squad of droids, tossing Loathsom, Poggle, and Tambor a blaster each, and them all fighting their way out.

21. CaptainRex115

Jan 11, 2013
    JAT has stated before that the Clone Wars was supposed to go 8 seasons... maybe, if the hadnt been cut short at about halfway we would have seen more grievous jedi kills. I mean think about it, thats the logical rout. Grievous becomes more of a threat and gets better at lightsaber fighting as the clone wars progress... but alas we will never know.

22. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Their going five seasons with few Jedi kills then suddenly trying to increase that in seasons 6-8 would have been lame.

VMeran and Mia Mesharad like this.
  23. CaptainRex115

Jan 11, 2013
    They've shows a decent amount of jedi/character kills so far. Also, the show has obviously grown darker and more gruesome over the years... I don't think it's completely impossible for Grievous to net 5-10 jedi kills in 3 seasons...

24. Jordan1Kenobi

Sep 30, 2012
    I wouldn't care how many Jedi kills he got, as long as he was made to look like a serious threat and lived up to his expections in ROTS, but I have a bad feeling we're not going to see that...

VMeran likes this.
  25. CaptainRex115

Jan 11, 2013
    Okay... Thanks for proving my point man. Opress does not exist in EU, Ahsoka does not exist in EU, Rex does not exist in EU... why? Because its storytelling capabilities are basic and lame... I mean come on look at how lucas bridged the gap between episodes 2 and 3. Giving perfect characterizations for Obiwan and Anakin for ROTS. The EU doesnt do that, and doesnt come close to doing that.... I have the Maul comics where he takes on the black sun...In the comics it says the black sun numbers over 10,000 and is a vast empire. So maul goes in and whipes out the leadership, yet they forget about it 13 years later?? and let him walts in to meat with the new leadership? come on man. thats like the united states meeting up with osama bin laden in 2011 but forgetting about him over the 10 years lol.... and my mistake on the super commando, thought you meant commando droids. either way it makes no difference... also you completely misunderstand my entire position. The EU is good, I would never want to see it canceled.As i have said i have read novels and have hundreds of comics which I enjoy. However, when it comes to comparing lucas starwars to EU star wars... there is no comparison... lucas version is about fifty times better.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.