main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

General Call of Duty

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by Yoshee, Feb 27, 2013.

1. Yoshee

Yoshee Former RSA & CR star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 3, 2002
    Anyone play this series?

I am ashamed to say I am addicted to the multi-player on them. Without a doubt the best multi-player out there in my humble oppinion!

2. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    Not big on that kind of shooter, I prefer sci-fi kinds with ridiculous fantasy weapons. COD is too real-life for my liking

3. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I don't really go for multiplayer or online games. My net connection is not good enough for the latter and I can get killed quite easily on my own - I don't need other players to do that for me. :p

Yoshee likes this.
  4. halibut

halibut Ex-Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 27, 2000
    Same. Never been a fan of online games, or shooters. I play either puzzle games or FIFA. Not really into anything else. They all just seem the same to me.

5. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    PC online shooting is slightly more fun since you can aim more easily with the mouse than with a controller.

I play Old Republic online, but more for the stroy than the team-up stuff

Yoshee likes this.
  6. Yoshee

Aug 3, 2002
    I never used to like this sort of game until my stepson started playing them. He let me have a go and that was it. Bam. Hooked.

It's only a matter of time before they are full on sci-fi. Black Ops 2 is set in the future as it is.

I enjoy them for the simple fact, apart from blowing stuff up, that there are a certain amount of tactics involved.

7. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    I'd do more co-op play/multiplayer if I knew more people who had Steam or Origin on PC

8. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    Yoshee: Tactics? In CoD? Are there any besides 'don't die'? :p

Seriously though, I used to enjoy MW3 and Black Ops 2. Can't remember why I stopped playing but I'm playing BF3 and Halo 4 a lot though. That's when I'm not hooked on single player games, like Tomb Raider or Far Cry 3.

Then again, if someone were to set up a game night I'd be interested in joining in. I have a 360 and play on that.

9. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    I do Left 4 Dead on Steam atm, which can be totally chaotic when you get vast masses of infected charging at you. It has a co-op campaign which is fun online but it isn't the same as a vs shooter

10. Yoshee

Aug 3, 2002
    Yes. You have to have tactics (that also include not dying :p ) What prestige did you get to on MW3 and Blops 2? I would play you, but I'm on the dark side (PS3) :p

11. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    In MW3 I'm Prestige 2 Level 69
    In Black Ops 2 I'm Prestige 1 Level 47

Overall I think Black Ops 2 has the best Prestige mode ever. Separating player level from weapons and challenges was a good move. I'm not good at challenges so being able to keep progressing with them is great. It means that I can get all the camos for every gun and keep them all. It's a shame the season pass is so expensive otherwise I'd have that.

Yoshee likes this.
  12. Yoshee

Aug 3, 2002

Oh god, don't talk to me about the Season Pass. When MW3 came out, I paid for Elite premium, a one off which meant all the map packs etc that came out were free. As I was a founder I got it at a slightly reduced cost too. It was meant to be an annual thing. So imagine my disgust at them shelving that for a Season Pass that after the first map pack came out, you still have to pay 'something' for future map packs! Not to mention the fact it cost more than the Elite subscription! Sadly though, I did end up getting the pass hahaha.

MW3- Prestige 9 Level 73

Black Ops 2- Prestige 5 Level 64

I've found Blops 2 ridiculously easy since they made the changes to how it's all played etc. The first Blops took me a year to get to Prestige 5 (really don't get on with that game). Taken me 3 months to get to 5th nearly 6th with the new one. But that's probably because I've been doing the challenges, which I usually don't bother with.

Blops 2 is definitely the best one to date. Looking forward to MW4 should that be the next release!

13. halibut

halibut Ex-Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 27, 2000
    Makes me glad that I don't play online

14. orn-free-tada

orn-free-tada Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 11, 2001
    I got a Wii U and bought BOII. I'm not super obsessed (and I have no idea what 'prestige' is) but I'm not too bad. Level 55, if that means anything. I think the multiplayer is brilliant and the maps are excellent - nothing beats local multiplayer still, but it still has me engrossed. I've only completed two levels of the single player campaign - something about it doesn't excite me too much tbh.

Yoshee likes this.
  15. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    When you're at the highest level, which I think is 55, you can 'prestige'. What this does is reset your player level back to 1 and locks everything again. There are benefits for doing it. You can do the same with weapons too, and doing so will unlock weapon skins.
    I thought the single player was rather good tbh. Definitely worth completing.

Yoshee likes this.
  16. orn-free-tada

orn-free-tada Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 11, 2001
    I'll give the single player another bash then if you recommend it :D
    I've now clicked prestige - starting again is hard! ha, What kind of rewards, you say?

Yoshee likes this.
  17. Michael McKean

Michael McKean Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 5, 2013
    I much prefer Halo. Call of Duty is too ragged and you die too easily so usually its the case that in a man v man situation, the man who sees the other one first is the winner. So its usually a case of being trigger happy. Whereas in Halo this is not always the case because, even if you spot the opposing player first and subsequently shoot first, you may still lose provided the opposing player reacts quickly and, if he is a good player, can make a comeback. The hunter can become the hunted.

18. JediKnight20043

JediKnight20043 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 18, 2004
    I hate COD multiplayer. Just a bunch of noobs spraying and praying. Battlefield is a real mans game! Strategy involved. Teamwork needed.

Yoshee likes this.
  19. Ramble_Boba

Ramble_Boba Jedi Master star 5

May 13, 2002
    It's no battlefield

Yoshee likes this.
  20. Yoshee

Aug 3, 2002
    Never played Battlefield. Am I missing out?

21. TK_Four_Two_One

TK_Four_Two_One Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 17, 2002
    Love COD... in batter.

Yoshee likes this.