main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Bounty Hunters in the ST

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Sitara, Mar 17, 2013.

1. Sitara

Sitara Jedi Grand Master star 3

Oct 8, 2001
    So, we all know how popular bounty hunters are in Star Wars and how many toys they sell. So it is a given we will likely see some overpowered bounty hunters in the ST that will likely be a match for many Jedi.

Any ideas as to species, design, weapons, gadgets, armor, and craft we will see for these Bounty Hunters?

I for one hope for a Trandoshan BH and also an evil droid type BH, like IG 88 (now that we have the technology to be able to see said droid in action, unlike the OT when they couldn't really show IG 88 do cool stuff)

whostheBossk likes this.
  2. LunarMoth

LunarMoth Jedi Master star 4

Nov 27, 2012
    I would like to see cool bounty hunters if the story calls for it.

I liked IG-88's head when it was on the bar in AHN.

T-R- likes this.
  3. TrandoJedi

TrandoJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2011
    Bossk, lots of Bossk. :cool:

Did I mention Bossk?

4. hunter77

hunter77 Jedi Padawan star 1

Sep 8, 2012
    Definantly IG88, or a similair assassin droid. I would love Boba Fett to be in it aswell, but he would be quite old though i guess :/

5. princessnikki

princessnikki Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 8, 2012
    Dengar and Bossk would be my choice for bounty hunters, but I don't believe either of them would be able to take down a fully trained Jedi. As for weapons and tech, I would expect them to have advanced equipment available if they choose to use it, but I feel that both of these characters are more inclined to use brute force to take an opponent rather than rely on technology. That is just my own personal view of these characters and I am looking at it from a point of view that doesn't include anything what they have done in the E.U or the Clone Wars. They say first impressions count...and my first impression of them in T.E.S.B was that they were a couple of hard b***ards who take no nonsense and I was really disappointed when they failed to appear in R.O.T.J!

Dak Oolron likes this.
  6. Iefan

Iefan Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 31, 2013
    Bounty Hunters? We don't need their scum.

7. BarkingFrog

BarkingFrog Jedi Master star 2

Jan 4, 2009
    Bossk would be cool. He's minor enough that it wouldn't just feel like fan service, like Boba Fett returning would, but still adds a connection to the original trilogy.

Dak Oolron likes this.
  8. Episode Swag

Episode Swag Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 9, 2013
    I'd love to see Cad Bane, dudes a BAMF!

Dra---, clone3131 and Lord Optimus like this.
  9. T-R-

T-R- Chosen One star 5

Aug 13, 2003
    Aurra Sing would be cool. Expand her role for the ST like Boba's was expanded for AotC.

Darth Venator, agentkrycek and Dra--- like this.
  10. Jcuk

Jcuk Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 16, 2013
    I love the bounty hunters. For me they should be an integral part of any Star Wars story. But you can't have Boba Fett (disappointingly) as part of the new trilogy. Just saying with a slight of hand that, 'oh he didnt really die in Jedi' would be detrimental to the validity of episode 7. And as a fan of Cad Bane, using him would also be out of the question. But coming up with a new bounty hunter and making him a kind of an anti hero would be brilliant! That's the way I would go.

Dak Oolron and BountyHunter76 like this.
  11. Bullhead CIty

Bullhead CIty Jedi Master star 3

Dec 1, 2012
    How about the next stage in the bounty-hunter-device-character evolution?

Battle hardened mercenaries.

12. Lord Optimus

Lord Optimus Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 30, 2011
    Cad Bane would be my first choice, his age is of no concern to me since the life expectancy of Duros is never mentioned in the films.

IG-88 or Bossk would be cool, but I wouldn't mind seeing a completely new bounty hunter either.

13. jasman

jasman Administrator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 29, 1998
    Baby Fett? Bubba Fett? Bobby Fett? :confused:

14. darthtuttle

darthtuttle Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2004
    Not quite bounty hunters but smugglers, similar role as in the thrawn trilogy.

Dak Oolron likes this.
  15. chris hayes

chris hayes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 13, 2012
    Bossk , IG-88 & Dengar even if it's another cameo .......

16. StoneRiver

StoneRiver Force Ghost star 4

Oct 6, 2004
    No one cares for Zuckuss, nor 4-LOM?

17. Air Jedi

Air Jedi Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 1, 2013
    I'm cool with any one of these options.

Cad Bane
    IG-88
    Bossk
    Durge
    Embo

18. agentkrycek

agentkrycek Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 4, 2012
    I second this - especially after the rumours of her having a bigger role in AOTC never panning out, TCW's cancellation and the live action series unlikely to see the light of day. Aurra doesn't seem to have a whole lot of luck so it would be nice to see her have a substancial role in the sequels.

19. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    I think Embo could translate onto film rather impressively. Not sure the lifespan of his species, but the glowing eyes and the Oddjob hat could possibly go over well with a general audience.

20. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Of the bounty hunters we've already had in the films and TCW, my first choice would be Bossk. He's had his own thread about this here, as well as another general "bounty hunters we'd like to see come back" thread too.

Or, in the words of Bossk: "Smph rowwrrghph".

21. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    Bounty hunters have become fairly ubiquitous in the Star Wars world (not that I'm complaining), so I think we can all rest comfortably in the expectation of them having some sort of presence in the ST. The question is, in which capacity?

Anyone who's taken notice of my posts here is surely aware of my affection for the saga's running theme of Skywalker fathers and sons and that I envision the ST's protagonist as a son for Luke, in large part to ensure the continued exploration of this theme.

The interesting thig is, when Lucas introduced the character of Jango Fett and made Boba his clone, the PT introduced a new father and son dynamic (no matter how different this relationship played out from that of the Skywalkers) to the saga at large. Some loved the move and some hated it, of course, but it's been done and that dynamic is certainly there.

I'm on record here as being in support of the idea of a Boba Fett stand-alone film set after Fett's fall into the Sarlaac which would show us his survival, so for the sake of this argument, just know that I consider Boba Fett to be alive and well. I've also said I wouldn't mind a B-character role for an aging Boba Fett in the ST, where Fett acts as a powerful head of an organization (or even better, having him appear in his proper role of Mand'alore). Some folks have balked at this, but suggested the idea of a new bounty hunter in Boba's stead.

I think it would be interesting to combine these disparate elements together and show Fett alive and well in the ST, with a son of his own who can act as his father's muscle.

I don't think the larger story of the ST is likely to be in dire need of such a move, but after considering it, I think I could get behind the idea. To say that Boba has been shown to have serious father issues in his portrayals since AOTC is putting it mildly and I have to wonder what kind of father he would be shown to be on the big screen, because of it. I certainly feel it would have the potential to offer us more than just another cool-looking bounty hunter without all that much to do. Could be good, who knows?

22. Aaronaman

Aaronaman Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 12, 2013
    Ah I think the obvious choice is Amanaman....he has the looks, stamina, agility, and projects well on screen

whostheBossk likes this.
  23. Jcuk

Jcuk Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 16, 2013
    I respect your opinion but, having seen that Boba was around in ANH and ROTJ how old is he going to be (if he appears?)in episode7. I mean, what is a geriatric Boba going to bring to the table? Boba has had is day and its time for a new bounty hunter to have a prominent role. A new bad ass bounty hunter in a story arc where he/she turns out to be an anti hero. How cool would that be?

24. LANDO_ROCKS

LANDO_ROCKS Force Ghost star 5

Nov 28, 2002
    Bossk is the sort of bad ass that we need in the ST to ramp up the awesomeness to the next level.

/close thread

TrandoJedi likes this.
  25. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    Boba is about the same age as Han (within three years) and I don't envision a major role for Boba in the ST, anyway (and certainly not action-heavy - quite the contrary). I agree a whole new hunter would be great (and I think it's a safe bet we'll get one). In my proposition, I made sure to save that role for his son.

As far as Boba himself having the action scenes, well, that's what my imaginary, post-ROTJ stand-alone picture is for. :)