main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CT Favourite Bounty Hunter from TESB

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by Jordan1Kenobi , Mar 14, 2013.

?

Who was your favourite Bounty Hunter from TESB?

1. Boba Fett

56 vote(s)
    47.1%
  2. Bossk

28 vote(s)
    23.5%
  3. IG-88

22 vote(s)
    18.5%
  4. Zuckuss

6 vote(s)
    5.0%
  5. 4-LOM

2 vote(s)
    1.7%
  6. Dengar

5 vote(s)
    4.2%
  1. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi SWC Jedi Draft Champion star 6 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 30, 2012
    Who was your favourite Bounty Hunter from The Empire Strikes Back and why? I know Boba Fett will probably get way more votes than the others, but you never know.

Bounty Hunters have been one of the greatest part of the Star Wars universe for me, and all six from TESB are in my top 50 Star Wars characters of all time. My favourite is Bossk, I just think he's a really cool character, and I was so glad to see him make an appearance in five episodes of The Clone Wars. Boba Fett would be a close second, followed by IG-88, Zuckuss, 4-LOM and Dengar.

2. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Haha, Bossk with 100% of the votes right now... all 2 of them. My ranking of the TESB bounty hunters is actually the same as yours.

Jordan1Kenobi likes this.
  3. Blur

Blur Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 11, 1999
    Yes, Bossk was da man (or reptile, as the case may be). Outside of BF, none of the Bounty Hunters had much screen time, though the brief scene of Bossk was small but memorable - you actually saw the character full screen, and I like how he growled at the Imperial Officer; presumably he took offense to being referred to as "scum" :D

Bossk was one of the my favorite Kenner figures back in the days of the OOT, and much later I really liked the various Hasbro versions, including the great 12" from the early 2000's...

I re-watched ESB (on Blu-ray) recently, and noticed again that, in the film itself, you barely see IG-88 & Dengar - I don't think there's a full screen shot of either in that brief scene...You probably see more of Dengar in the ROTJ Jabba's palace scene...What threw me off for years were the various production photos floating around of all of the bounty hunters, though most of these photos weren't from the film itself...

Jordan1Kenobi likes this.
  4. Aaronaman

Aaronaman Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 12, 2013
    Dengar is definitely my favourite, who else would steal Imperial Storm Trooper armour and then wear it right under their noses...that's bad-ass.

Also the vintage figure was cool when I saw it as a kid and it only gets better the more beat up he is. I do like how a newer POTF2 figure comes without the backpack, it's how he was in ROTJ so the figure is completely different from the ESB version.

5. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
    Luke and Han? :p

6. J_Girl

J_Girl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 18, 2001
    I didn't realize that was supposed to be Stormtrooper armor on Dengar?

7. Jordan1Kenobi

Sep 30, 2012
    Same here, but looking at an image of them both, they do look similar, I'm guessing Dengar just painted his armour brown.

[​IMG][​IMG]

CommanderTano96 likes this.
  8. J_Girl

J_Girl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 18, 2001
    I suppose they similar if you squint really hard. And I'm sure the basis of the armor was most likely the same because of how they used the props, but I don't think the intention was that it was supposed to come off as previously used Stormtrooper armor. Not to say that Dengar wasn't a BA, though. I haven't voted because I simply can't decide which bounty hunter I like best. It requires some serious consideration on my part.

9. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
    I don't think it's actually intended to be Stormtrooper armor in-universe. Besides, it actually looks more like Snowtrooper armor in the chest area:

[​IMG]

10. Aaronaman

Mar 12, 2013
    You're right there but they wore the helmets as well so not as bad-ass as old Dengar hahaha

11. Jordan1Kenobi

Sep 30, 2012
    Yeah, the chest definitely looks like Snow Trooper armour, maybe he stole different bits and pieces from different Troopers, lol.

12. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
    Yup, steal different parts from different troopers and then paint it all brown. That head injury gave him some crazy ideas. :p

13. Aaronaman

Mar 12, 2013
    Well seeing that as a kid I always thought his head bandages looked like toilet paper I'm getting a bit concerned about his 'brown' colour scheme now hahaha

14. KilroyMcFadden

KilroyMcFadden Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 31, 2012
    IG-88. How can you argue with the brain of the Death Star II?

sarlaccsaurs-rex likes this.
  15. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Boba Fett since he had more screen time :p

16. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
    I like IG-88, but I've always preferred to think of him as a single droid, not the series of IG-88 A, B, C, and D... and definitely not that silly EU Death Star II story line.

17. sg1A

sg1A Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 20, 2013
    the FETT man!!!!!

"No disintagrations " vader was talking to Fett.

18. Garrett Atkins

Garrett Atkins Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 11, 2013
    I have always loved Boba Fett and Bossk. But I picked Bossk.

19. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
  20. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    Fett. I enjoy most of Boba's EU characterization an awful lot. In fact, Boba Fett turned out to be one of my favorite 'everyday Joe's' (that is to say, a non-Force sensitive), who wound up carving out a large piece of the galactic pie for himself, despite living in a world of veritable demi-gods.

Oh, and if we're talking strictly within ESB, it's not even close. Whereas Boba Fett got away with one of the film's heroes scott-free, none of the other 'hunters was seen doing, well, much of anything (I did always enjoy Bossk's intimidating comeback to the haughty Imperials, though). ;)

21. T-R-

T-R- Chosen One star 5

Aug 13, 2003
    IG-88. Mostly because of the vintage figure I had growing up.

KilroyMcFadden likes this.
  22. Ambervikings91

Ambervikings91 Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 1, 2012
    IG-88 because he has a cool back story

23. Aaronaman

Mar 12, 2013
    Hey that must mean Ja-Ja is one of the best characters from the PM because he's got heaps of screen time hahahaha

24. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Oh totally :p lmao

25. Chainmail_Jedi

Chainmail_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 2

Jan 26, 2013
    He slammed doors in Palpatine's face. That's pretty awesome right there.

The General likes this.