main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

TV Discussion Fisto's Disco: The LACWAC Social Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by G-FETT, Jul 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Hope you, family, friends etc. are alright. Or is this one of those quakes where everyone posts that "fallen over chair" pic? :p We never get earthquakes in New England. Just a seismically boring part of the world.

Jordan1Kenobi likes this.
  2. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi SWC Jedi Draft Champion star 6 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 30, 2012
    The fallen chair pic was one of the first things I saw on Facebook after it happened, lol. But Auckland in New Zealand isn't supposed to get earthquakes, so it was a pretty big deal, I'm sure that's all I'll hear on the news tonight.

3. AkashKedavra_93

AkashKedavra_93 Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 8, 2011
  4. KenobiSkywalker

KenobiSkywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    It's like a weekly occurrence in Charleston. I'm constantly patching cracks in the walls. [face_sigh]

5. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Just get sink holes here. I hope everyone is ok. Glad your save Jordan.

6. Coric

Coric Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 19, 2011
    KAIDAN.

7. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    He doesn't like you.

8. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    This one has more.

9. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    I don't like you either

You'd better watch yourself

10. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011

07jonesj likes this.
  11. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Been through several hurricanes but no earthquakes. Glad you're safe Jordan.

Jordan1Kenobi and 07jonesj like this.
  12. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Had a dream I was trapped on Coruscant. I was trying to get back to realty and most of my forum friends were in it taking on the forms of their avatars. Anakinfan was like a tree monster, LOL. Cad Bane was trying to kill everyone. It was nuts.

13. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
  14. Sgt Crowfield

Sgt Crowfield Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 27, 1999
    Awww, I wish I had dreams like yours, Seerow.
    When I dream, I either dream of killing my work-mates or of being a convicted (male) murderer on the run. Police usually manage to corner me in public toilets or some such, and I put up a heck of a fight. 30 years ago I often dreamt that I was one (or two) researcher(s at the same time), male(s) as well, or a (male) barbarian who could fly like a bird.
    My animus must be strong.

15. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I dreamed that my iPhone got stolen. It was a nightmare.

eht13 and 07jonesj like this.
  16. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Actually you looked like this. [​IMG] x.x;

There were some interesting avatars. Todd was like black and white Bob Saget in a nice suit and Tarkas was Ahsoka with Mace's head. So the dream had a tinge of my nightmare fuel.

17. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Black and white, you say? ;)

We've actually been discussing dreams in one of my psychology courses. Apparently my professor used to be great at lucid dreaming (when you know you're dreaming and can do whatever you want). I've had a few lucid dreams before. Like, last night I dreamt I had this special thing that was so light I could float around about 5 feet off the ground.

18. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

Feb 25, 2011
    Black and white is so pretentious. Ooh look at you you're so artsy with your crappy black and white picture you edited in MS Paint.

19. Todd the Jedi

Oct 16, 2008
    It's a joke, Fanboy, not going for some deeper meaning. ;)

20. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    You guys at least have dreams that make sense. Last night I dreamt one of my stuffy old professors was hanging off the back of one of those monster truck waving two of those little plastic windmill toys kids get at parades. He was trying to ford a river in the rain and I think I was standing on some sort of glass bridge above it feeling as if I were in trouble somehow.

Seerow and anakinfansince1983 like this.
  21. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    That dream sounds rather hilarious.

22. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

Feb 25, 2011
    I too would claim it was a joke after being so beautifully shot down.

23. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    lol. Except you/ Bob wasn't in the dino suit. Like what you did there. I can sometimes realize I'm dreaming and take control of them. That's the best I can do. I often have really vivid dreams and have always been highly prone to brutal nightmare in which I die. I also like looking up meaning of dreams.

LOL, sounds funny.

Reminds me of the one man band dream I had once. One of my friends back home is an awesome guitarist. I had a dream he walked out of stage wearing some Dr. Suess contraption with all kinds of instruments strapped to him. He said, "Are you ready to rock!" to a mic, strummed one string and exploded. My old art teacher stood up and laugh manically saying, "I told you it couldn't be done!"

Barriss_Coffee likes this.
  24. Darth_Zandalor

Darth_Zandalor Jedi Master star 4

Aug 2, 2009
    So on a recommendation, I've started watching Outlaw Star. Wow were my expectations too high. It's not a bad show by any stretch, hell I'd go so far to say its pretty good. But is this really supposed to be one of the three pillars of science fiction anime in the 90's? You've got Cowboy Bebop and Trigun understandably being classics, but Outlaw Star?

A lot of what makes the show work is in the main character of Gene. He's like Han Solo is Han Solo was a total wuss half the time. And that's funny. But dear god, the writing gets stupid at times, and the show is all over the place. Rather than running with one tone or setting, the show seems to have picked the "all" button, and can't handle half the stuff it tries to pull off. Needless to say, it gets real stupid, real fast.

Throw in just about every negative cliche in anime (screaming kid sidekick, screaming catgirl, wilting flower "why does she need to be naked" love interest, and a sword wielding assassin), and you'd almost think I hate the damn show. But I don't. Like I said, I really enjoy Gene Starwind, and a lot of his banter with Gilliam the computer is hilarious. But so much of the show works against it for me that I am baffled as to how it got as popular as Bebop and Trigun.

It's theme song is also pretty addictive.

25. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    anakinfan is not amused.

Suck it, Miami.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.