main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion Carbonite Sith Army in ST. Yay or Nay?

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by hawkeye forever, Mar 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hawkeye forever

hawkeye forever Jedi Knight

Oct 30, 2012
    Thoughts on use of the Carbonite Sith Army from Empire at War: Forces of Corruption. I love it's similarity with Terracotta Army in China. Personally, I would have no problem with some variation of this occurring in the ST. Something along the lines of a Sith/loyal forces hunting for the location in order to release and return the Sith to power.

I will admit that this would be dangerously close to The Mummy: The Tomb of the Dragon Emperor, but IMHO I feel it could easily be made to work.

2. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    LOOK! An actual Chorus of Disapproval:
    [​IMG]

3. Episode Swag

Episode Swag Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 9, 2013
    You mean by having a bunch of Sith unfrozen by carbonite? I don't know about that. I'd rather they have a villain be someone or something we are more familiar with in the series so far. Something that would make sense in the general scope of the series. Like an Imperial remnant or new Jedi gone rogue or even the Hutts. It would be weird to me if a brand new unforseen force from ancient times comes out of nowhere and tries to take over the galaxy. That and I don't want to see Sith.

But overall if this was filmed and it was the story. I guess I could get used to it.

4. Buddha Fett

Buddha Fett Force Ghost star 4

Dec 18, 1999
  5. Darth kRud

Darth kRud Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 1, 2012
    No carbonite army no. Sith army yes. Maybe about 20 sith. That coud be achieved in 30 something years without all the jedi nabbing up force sensitive babies. Look it's the jedi van!

[​IMG]

6. Eeth-my-Koth

Eeth-my-Koth Jedi Grand Master star 9

May 25, 2001

7. LunarMoth

LunarMoth Jedi Master star 4

Nov 27, 2012
    Nay. Cool idea for EU, but not Star Warsy enough for me.

8. Rawne

Rawne Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 2, 2008
    It'd be something we haven't seen on the big screen with Star Wars. Plus it'd give the chance of seeing loads of lightsabers on screen at once, something we've only seen Jedi do and only in isolation. 'Ancient army of villains being awoken by the heroes actions' is a pretty established trope in fantasy storytelling.

Wouldn't really want to see it though. Sounds like something that would be better as a trilogy of novels than something you have to put on the screen.

Episode Swag likes this.
  9. jedimikey

jedimikey Jedi Padawan star 2

Oct 21, 2012
    Meh. It's too...out there for me.

I'd rather the new villain have multiple apprentices, much like Darth Krayt, who in turn manipulate others into being their thugs, such as a pirate fleet or a Bounty Hunter gang.

Shadojoker likes this.
  10. bluemilkcheesypuffs77

bluemilkcheesypuffs77 Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 5, 2012
    No need for this. Just watch The first old republic trailer. That will get you off if you're looking for a sith army

11. darthtuttle

darthtuttle Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2004
    It would ruin the whole balance to the force and anakin being the chosen one.

12. my kind of scum

my kind of scum Force Ghost star 4

Mar 4, 2002
    Nay. Bad idea for EU, bad idea for film.

13. chris hayes

chris hayes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 13, 2012
    Eh no.....

14. Hydro spanner Celt

Hydro spanner Celt Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 9, 2013
    I acknowledge that re introducing the Sith is going to be tricky and feel in order to have meaningful light saber fights we kind of need the Sith .though this route .nay thanks

15. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    Sith should be unique and should never be canon fodder.

16. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.