main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit More like Plageuis

Discussion in 'Literature' started by FatSmel, Mar 18, 2013.

1. FatSmel

FatSmel Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 23, 2012
    We need more books like Luceno's Darth Plageuis.

Kenobi is coming, which is fantastic, but more books like this would be great.
    For example:
    Star Wars: Dooku
    Star Wars: Grievous
    Star Wars: Sidious (set post ROTJ)
    Star Wars: Qui-Gon Jinn

these books would not have any clash with Sequel trilogy, and would be instant successes IMO

2. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    The Wrath of Darth Maul, while less detailed, comes pretty close, for Maul.

3. FatSmel

Sep 23, 2012
    I read that, unfortunately.
    I understand that it was a children's book, but it's certainly not what i have in mind.

4. _Catherine_

_Catherine_ Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 16, 2007
    I would never say a bad word about Star Wars again if they wrote one for Lumiya. Of course they never will so I'm free to keep making fun of them.

Barriss_Coffee and CT-867-5309 like this.
  5. Son of a Bith

Son of a Bith Jedi Master star 4

Feb 28, 2013
    yes Yes YES! :) More Luceno, and more emphasis on these characters! PLEASE!!!!!!

Grievousdude likes this.
  6. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Count Dooku! I want to see more of how the CIS came to be!

Barriss_Coffee and AusStig like this.
  7. Starkeiller

Starkeiller Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 5, 2004
    That would be a dream list. But, let's not forget, Lucasfilm no longer is an independent private company, but a small cog in an infernal machine (much like Walt Disney's animation studio). We don't know whether the new direction of Star Wars fiction will be a rising crescendo harmoniously expanding on the masterful note of Plagueis or a frenzied dive into a pestilent cesspit. If the former is true, I think it would make sense to produce these books. There is demand.

8. darthzac14

darthzac14 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 8, 2012
    I would like one or two of those as perhaps first-person narratives like I, Jedi. Not every single one but some.

9. FatSmel

Sep 23, 2012
    whoops that was a typo
    should say "post ROTS", or Post-TPM might be better

10. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    Star Wars: Vergere

Zorrixor and Force Smuggler like this.
  11. darthzac14

darthzac14 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 8, 2012
    I'd actually like to see a post-RotJ Sidious book.

Summer Dreamer likes this.
  12. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Out of those, Dooku is probably most essential due to the damage TCW has done to his character. A post-ROTJ Palpatine book would be... strange. Would it be the disembodied adventures of his soul as he possesses various minions such as Jeng Droga?

CT-867-5309 likes this.
  13. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    It could also include Dark Empire in novel form, from Palpatine's point of view

Force Smuggler likes this.
  14. Starkeiller

Starkeiller Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 5, 2004
    Now that would be the best thing ever. Provided it's a Luceno-penned Darth Plagueis sequel.

Force Smuggler likes this.
  15. Chewbacca89

Chewbacca89 Jedi Master star 5

Oct 25, 2012
    Awesome thread! I would love a Dooku and Qui-Gon book. Would also like a Syfo Dias (sp?) book.

16. instantdeath

instantdeath Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 22, 2010
    Star Wars: Daiman. A first person, unedited (for who would dare to edit Daiman?) account on the creation of the universe.

17. FatSmel

Sep 23, 2012
    That would be epic. Vergere was probably the most interesting EU character before Denning came along and Sith-ified her.

Unfortunately though, unlikely given that it's not directly movie-related and as it is Vergere's arc could be rendered moot by continuity alterations.

GrandMasterKatarn likes this.
  18. Rawne

Rawne Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 2, 2008
    A Dooku one would be awesome. With the DP book I had this weird switch every so often. The first hundred or so pages make me love Hego, then we meet Palpatine and all I want to read about is Sidious, Doriana and Pestage, then after the Canted Circle all I want to hear about is Dooku and Sifo-Dyas.

Another Dark Times Darth Vader book would be pretty sweet too. Except if it's going to mainly be about a Jedi and his mother who I don't and will never care about, can I get a bit of warning?

19. Nom von Anor

Nom von Anor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 7, 2012
    It took Palpatine's spirit about a year to reach Byss and inhabit a clone body, right? So what exactly was he doing in the next five years?(before the events of DE begins) A novel chronicling those five years could be very interesting, rather than a DE novelization(Palpatine secretly contacting several Imperial factions, building new superweapons and ships, meditating on the Dark Side, recruiting and training some of his dark side adepts, preparing for the coming war and waiting for the right time to reveal himself to the galaxy, etc)

Lazy Storm Trooper likes this.
  20. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    I keep thinking this thread title is supposed to be some kind of punchline. Plagueis? More like Plague-us, hey-o!

Danzo likes this.
  21. Sable_Hart

Sable_Hart Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 28, 2009
    Dear God, no.

I wholeheartedly admit to being one of the louder passengers on the Plagueis bandwagon, but I now see that it was born from desperation for the book not to suck. Now, rereading it over a year later, it doesn't hold up as well to Luceno's best Star Wars works (Cloak of Deception & The Unifying Force). I rated it 8.5/10; I'd probably drop it a point/point-and-a-half now. Luceno has my utmost respect as a man who honors continuity, but he tried wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy too hard and the story suffered. The best chapters of the book were the ones that dropped pretense and unleashed these two compelling characters in their Sithiest fashion.

Grey1 likes this.
  22. Zorrixor

Zorrixor Chosen One star 6

Sep 8, 2004
    Star Wars: Dooku is definitely something I've wanted for a long time.

Star Wars: Vergere could be a fun read too.
    And I now see I was ninja'ed more than 24 hours earlier. :p

23. Danzo

Danzo Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 20, 2012
    I've said it before and I'll say it again, give me a Dooku novel and have some interaction with C'baoth! I need to see these characters together!

CT-867-5309 likes this.
  24. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    I agree, I was in the underwhelmed minority. It was good, but not 'Luceno good'. There wasn't that much new in the novel, and it wasn't that enjoyable to read. Certainly not as good as CoD, LoE, TUF or DL.

25. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    I think that "biography" books in general aren't a good idea. Some will work, but instead of focusing on The Big History of Count Dooku, where the author has to try to come up with some life-long narrative, or even to cover ten or thirteen years, I'd prefer that they focus down on creating, say, a narrative of Dooku's recruitment to the Sith cause and creation of the clone army, which can have some flashbacks to his past if you want them, but will focus on telling a specific story rather than just being a big factbook. Or even better, have a narrative of his creation of the Separatist movement that can flash back to covering the creation of the clone army and his recruitment to the Sith when he's relevant. Instead of Qui-Gon: The Sixty-Year Biography, give us one story about Qui-Gon on a mission that can reflect what we really need to know about him, and leave an opening for more stories if you want to reflect on his time as Dooku's apprentice more extensively or with his first Padawan or whatever. But emphasize narrative and you'll get the best results while still getting a lot of information out. Trying to write out The Essential Guide to Backstory as a novel . . . well, that's an unnecessary challenge.

V-2 and Darth_Duck like this.