main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph ABC's "Once Upon a Time"

Discussion in 'Community' started by Valyn, Mar 2, 2012.

1. SoloKnight

SoloKnight Jedi Master star 4

Feb 13, 2003
    And that makes 2 Star Wars references since Disney bought Lucasfilm.

2. Ezio Skywalker

Ezio Skywalker Jedi Master star 4

Jan 29, 2013
    where were the SW references? Or are you referring to vague suggestions akin to, "Once down the dark path forever will it dominate your destiny"?

3. Only-One Cannoli

Only-One Cannoli Ex-Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2003
    The first line of this episode they said obi wan or something.

Anyways I'm really feeling bad for Regina. Those other guys are such male sexual organs.

4. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    They mentioned lightsabers at the very beginning, and essentially once you strat down the dark path at the end. That's two in one episode but at least the 3rd since they bought SW.

5. Dingo

Dingo Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 23, 2001
    No, I think it's simply a curse related issue. They were camping inside the bubble of Storybrooke when the curse created it so that's why they could see the town. Once he left, he can't do it. Emma and Henry could because of their magic link, and I would assume their is another clause for how Gold got Henry there in the first place.

But now that the curse is lifted, anyone can come and go. Greg was probably attempting to go back all the time and finally got through on his first attempt after the breaking of the curse.

6. ma_petite

ma_petite Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 26, 2006
    I hear so many star wars references in the geeky shows that they hardly register for me anymore.

This may have already been seen in the show but did anyone think the horse wind chimes in Gold's shop were a reference to the ponies in Fantasia?
    (mobile sock of s65horsey)

7. SoloKnight

SoloKnight Jedi Master star 4

Feb 13, 2003
    A few episodes ago Greg's ringtone was the Star Wars theme. Tonight, in the opening scene, Owen is sitting under a Return of the Jedi sleeping bag/quilt (that was what tipped me off to it being a flashback before the subtitle popped up) and said "Green and red. Like Luke and Vader's lightsabers."

8. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    I, in particular, loved the specific Aladdin reference in this episode.

But with the previews for next ep and the spoiler titles from the end of the season I'm not entirely certain what is being set-up any longer. Spoiler tags follow:

1) Tamara / Neal -- what's her deal? What does this have to do with Pinocchio, or is that a misdirect/unrelated?

2) The show does a good job of tying things up (see, interweaving strings of previous fairy tales, Greg / Cora / etc.); how do things tie together?

3) Is Greg's dad alive? What is Greg's endgame in either case (blackmail magic for his dad?).

So, currently my theories are ranging to the following:

Greg's "Her" is Tinkerbell, trying to work on attempting to lead Greg to find his father as she knows it will eventually lead Her to Peter Pan. Tamara is Tiger Lily and desperately trying to get home as being a rich NYer is less satisfying than a Princess in Neverland. The only thing that I think of is that Hook will capture Henry -- to get back at everyone (Regina, Charmings, Emma, Rumple) -- back to Neverland (how? No clue) and the group of Tamara, Emma, Neal, Regina will head to Neverland via "Tiny's" beans being grown at the outskirts of town, leaving Charming wanting to head home (to FTL) and Mary Margaret alone in Storybrooke with Rumple. I assume we will have a break-up of Snow and Charming as more drama for the happily-ever-after...

9. Handmaiden Yané

Handmaiden Yané Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2002
    Haven't finished the episode yet, but...

Not really happy if this is really the way they "brought back" Sheriff Graham. Really didn't want a reminder that Regina forced him to sleep with her and was her lackey. Ugh.

10. wannasee

wannasee Jedi Master star 4

Jan 24, 2007
    I tried watching this, since I saw all the girls watched it, but it was unbearable.

11. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    Then... why are you posting in this thread?

12. wannasee

wannasee Jedi Master star 4

Jan 24, 2007
    I wanted to share my experience and a little something of myself with others.

13. Handmaiden Yané

Jul 15, 2002
    ...okay. Thank you.

VadersLaMent and s65horsey like this.
  14. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
  15. Handmaiden Yané

Jul 15, 2002
    :(

Graham and Emma are my OTP. :/

16. Katya Jade

Katya Jade Administrator Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 19, 2002
    Yeah, I'm thinking Graham is totally bye bye at this point.

I gotta say, I love that Snow has this little darkness in her heart now. It makes her a more interesting character than just the pure of heart Snow White. I liked seeing more into why Regina wanted a child at all. Of course, I was such a bonehead I didn't pick up that the stranger was the little boy until halfway through the episode. :p

17. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    I dunno, I significantly dislike when moral relativism were introduced in fairy tales (that didn't have them -- for the record, while I liked The Little Mermaid I also liked the original ending ;) ). But in a show like this, it really DOES seem to be indicated that it should be like Spaceballs since apparently good guys can't kill bad guys or are expected to fight "fair" as non-magicals against two of the most powerful magic users in their world...

18. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    The horses were part of the glass mobile that Snow and Charming had set up over Emma's crib before the curse hit.

19. Katya Jade

Katya Jade Administrator Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 19, 2002
  20. Handmaiden Yané

Jul 15, 2002
    Just for fun:

Ever wanted to dress like Mary Margaret or Regina?

http://ouatfashionfinds.com/

I found this because I was dying to find that grey plaid peacoat with the sweater collar Mary Margaret was wearing. Of course it turns out that it's a Vivienne Westwood coat...

21. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    Well wait, where are the swords and magic artifacts and glowing heart necklaces?

22. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    This episode was very blah for me. Like all around.

But I'm very excited for Robin Hood!

23. Only-One Cannoli

Only-One Cannoli Ex-Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2003
    Yeah not the best. The CG was really bad too :(

24. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    So, it's a very interesting theoretical direction they are heading. Pretty sure my crazy theories are just crazy now and no longer theories, but they do appear to be setting up...

Magic vs. Science.

Which is weird in a way, because they have sort of done that already with Whale/Frankenstien... but Tamara sounded like a science-person and was killing magical creatures with a "taser" (in quotes because it shouldn't have killed Pinocchio). Greg/Owen has been taping magical effects for proof. I'm wondering if this is setting up long-term antagonism with splitting some of the townies up as well (Whale might go science and Belle might go that way too...) as well as possibly forcing Regina to work with Rumple / Emma... but really, I can't see how that's going to be as compelling as the people we already have... :/

25. Ezio Skywalker

Ezio Skywalker Jedi Master star 4

Jan 29, 2013
    The taser was really dumb.

Sith-Lord-Gunray and dp4m like this.