main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion Alec Guinness to return in Episode VI?

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Death Wizard, Mar 16, 2013.

1. Han Yolo

Han Yolo Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 7, 2013

You know what else hurts...The hangover I have from drinking all that Guiness yesterday

2. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    They could just use Zombie Alec. As long as he doesn't bite any of the actors or crew members. That would suck.

3. Son of a Bith

Son of a Bith Jedi Master star 4

Feb 28, 2013
    Stop eating Wuher! Oh, Zombie Alec...

4. LunarMoth

LunarMoth Jedi Master star 4

Nov 27, 2012
    Thats why I feel like part of the reason is so that its not so jarring in the ST. It would never fully make sense in the story to have young Anakin as the ghost, but at least to the audience, placing him first in the quick scene at the end of Jedi softens the blow years later in the ST because we have already all had our fits about it.

Again, my thought is that he was placed in Jedi for this reason, but if they are not going to use him in the ST it will never make sense that they did it.

5. Jcuk

Jcuk Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 16, 2013

6. LunarMoth

LunarMoth Jedi Master star 4

Nov 27, 2012
    Indeed. It would be really funny if that were to happen.......

The idea of putting HC in Jedi by itself is a silly idea, but to do it for later use in the ST is brilliant in the sense that it eliminates recasting the character again as well as keep the audience familiar with the visual aspect of the character. As you say, IF Force Ghosts are to be sen, I would profer the HC route for that reason.

Aside from that, if it were in fact MY choice, Jedi would not have been altered, and Luke woud be the only force Ghost in the ST.

7. Death Wizard

Death Wizard Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 3, 2012
    I don't want to see Luke die at all. If he must, I would prefer to see it on screen in the ST. Dieing peacefully, he joins the force uniting with Qui Gon Jinn, Obi-wan Yoda, Anakin and other Jedi who have learned to retain there identity after death. And if this is the only role of the force ghosts in the ST so be it. Obi-Wan should be CGI Alec in any case.
    Hayden as Anakin.

Sum-Wan likes this.