main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Official Info Here we go again...

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Grimby , Oct 30, 2012.

1. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Actually, she was asked if she COULD confirm whether she had been casted... to which she answered yes. She answered the literal question, not the question the interviewer seemed to think she'd answered.

2. Darth Dru

Darth Dru Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 1, 2013
    Lucas stated in an interview, i think back in 2007 or 2008, that Anakin did in fact fulfill the prophecy and return balance to the force, but i have a feeling GL is gonna pull one of his infamous Jedi 'change-of-mind' tricks on us for the ST. The prophecy will play into the ST's main plot in some way, you can bet on it.

Khalil O. likes this.
  3. jasman

jasman Administrator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 29, 1998
    I am looking forward to the new movies with unbridled anticipation, exactly the way I felt about the PT in 1998 and 1999. I absolutely loved the PT, and I expect to love the ST.

lbr789 and Darth Chiznuk like this.
  4. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    I feel the exact same way! Loved the OT, loved the PT and I absolutely expect to love the ST. There is simply nothing in entertainment that can capture the excitement of watching a brand new Star Wars movie. I never thought in a million years I'd be able to experience that again after ROTS but here we are and I'm totally geeked. Star Wars Episode VII is going to be in theaters in 2015! :eek:

5. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    Is it possible the Emperor had survived?

6. jasman

jasman Administrator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 29, 1998
    Meesa no tink so. Who needs the Emperor? I want a new, unexpected threat.

lbr789 and themetresgained like this.
  7. Blip

Blip Jedi Master star 1

Feb 5, 2004
    ^ I'd be more inclined to agree with you, if you hadn't said it like that. :p

Even though I'm not a fan of the EU post-Thrawn, the possibility of an enraged, non-corporeal "Force-storm Palpatine" running around and trying to build back up a viable threat force ala Sauron is kinda neat. I wouldn't want him to be an element of the ST though -- I reckon it would take him at least several centuries after the whole "shafting" he got in RotJ. :D

8. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    That's why I want Star Wars to end with both Palpatine and Anakin Skywalker to be resurrected centuries from now, both at full power and wage one last battle for the galaxy.

9. themetresgained

themetresgained Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2013
    I couldn't think of anything worse!

10. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    I love Anakin throwing Palpatine down the shaft, saving Luke but I want to see Anakin and Palpatine fight each other.

mes520 likes this.
  11. anakin_skywalker_sct

anakin_skywalker_sct Jedi Master star 5

Apr 18, 2001
    I almost wish I shared that optimism. I was very excited for the PT, but try as I might to put a positive spin on it, by the second or third time I watched RotS I was unable to hide my disappointment even from myself. By the time the Clone Wars movie came out, I was done with Star Wars, pretty much throwing the franchise away in disgust. I have serious reservations about the PT, not just because of Jar-Jar, but that's another rant for another day.

But I haven't come crawling back to TF.N after several years just to be a party pooper. Disney have done wonders with the Marvel license, and they've made far more enjoyable games with Final Fantasy characters than Square's own Final Fantasy series lately. They have the talent and the capital to make major pictures of real quality and not just cash-ins. My cynical side wonders why they'd bother, but for the moment I remain cautiously hopeful. That they are trying to get the original cast together is a good sign they care about the story and don't just want to throw some pretty 20-somethings on screen. I really dislike that all the ideas for Ghostbusters 3 seem to revolve around avoiding acknowledging that old people exist and still have something to offer the world. I'd hate for Star Wars to go down that road.

Jcuk likes this.
  12. darthzac14

darthzac14 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 8, 2012
    Maybe some of you old-timers can tell me. Are the fake rumors only going to get more from here or no?

13. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Yes. Once there is actual info... that will generate more nonsense based on a kernel of truth than any mere mortal can withstand. Brace yourself. We must endure.

If Boba Fett will be in Episode II... Jet Li will be Boba Fett. Bank on it.

Darth Chiznuk and DarthBreezy like this.
  14. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    The fake rumors will go on even after the movie's been released.

15. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Fake rumors are funny.

16. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
    We have gone a couple days without any major news. I say we form a strike team and invade Lucasfilm to gather information! The lack of news is driving me crazy*er* 8-}

Darth Chiznuk and darthzac14 like this.
  17. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    You want big news...? They'll give you this:
    [​IMG]

... if you pay for it.

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  18. Han Yolo

Han Yolo Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 7, 2013
    This news just in

Chewbacca will be a zombie in E7 because "Zombies are in right now" - George Lucas

19. Jcuk

Jcuk Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 16, 2013
    Yeah i mean one of the last rumours was The Rock wanted to be in Episode 7!!! Oh boy...

20. Darth Claire

Dec 21, 2012
    I heard about that. They had you pay to see set pics, right? Somehow with JJ Abrams I dont think we're gunna get many set pics :(

21. A Chorus of Disapproval

Aug 19, 2003
    set pics...? You paid good money to see a close-up of a Togruta's eye!

And you liked it!

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  22. Darth Claire

Dec 21, 2012
    Well I wasn't a fan back then but I imagine everybody was freaking out over every pic no matter how big or how small?

23. A Chorus of Disapproval

Aug 19, 2003
    We would be blessed with 23 threads per pic. It's kinda like the topic-per-Hamill's-weight-in-public ratio has gone in 2013.

24. Darth Claire

Dec 21, 2012
    Huh...I bet those were fun times. I wonder how crazy it will be this time around once we get to the set pic/ plot and character details phase.

25. A Chorus of Disapproval

Aug 19, 2003
    The day they released the "Back in Black" video which revealed Hayden in the Vader suit, we seriously broke the internet.

[​IMG]

J_Girl and DarthBreezy like this.