main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit The New (Mostly) Comprehensive Clone Wars (L-canon?) Timeline

Discussion in 'Literature' started by HEDGESMFG, Mar 18, 2013.

1. HEDGESMFG

HEDGESMFG Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 20, 2010
    After 5 years of messing with our continuity minded EU loving heads, the Clone Wars is finally winding down. While a few new stories remain to be produced, possibly a full season worth of them, I do not believe they will prove to do much else than serve as wrap-up for a few loose ends, and mostly ones created by the show itself (Maul, hopefully. It sounds like they did not get the chance to produce stories that lead directly into the events of Episode III.

Given such a turn, I believe it is time that we tackle the elephant in the room that has been staring at us for the past 5 years, the new timeline, and how it will work. Lucasfilm and all related sources have been both rather ambiguous, and rather contradictory on this, given that the mess really couldn't be sorted out until the show was either over, or near over. Some attempts to date the new material have been made, including some sources which say Christophsis begins a mere 7 weeks after Geonosis (Wild Space, Essential Reader's Guide), while others (Star Wars Annual 2011) claimed it began in 21BBY. Chee's only statement so far has been that "months" occur between Ep II and Christophsis, which gives us a much needed broader and slightly more vague time table to play with. This is the statement I am going with for the time being.

In the spirit of the other "L-Canon" thread, I would like to begin tackling the new timeline at large. I believe we finally have enough info to figure something out that makes a reasonable amount of sense. I hope the mods here will be generous enough to let this remain a separate thread, as the timeline is a huge issue. Obviously, all but a few of the old multimedia project's dates must be ignored. Furthermore, some of the new dates given by TCW related sources should also be taken with a grain of salt. I intend to respect Lucas' new mandate (made roughly around the start of the show) that Anakin is now knighted in year 1 and not year 3, but we cannot salvage most material if it is a mere 7 weeks into the war as some sources claim. I will politely ignore this date until Chee pretty much says all the old material is either not canon, or that this is exactly when these events happen.

Having said that, I will still attempt to give TCW a somewhat vague starting point. Ideally, I'd like to put it about 9 months into the war, but there is some evidence suggesting that some episodes and events could still be within 22BBY. As such, I will be generous and say it could begin anywhere between 6-9 months ABG.

Naturally, this is all speculation. I am not Chee, nor am I even the most knowledgeable person on this era, but I have done a fair amount of research, and if you read my old posts, I've been debating extensively on this topic for at least 3 years not. I also know that many wish for old and new material to remain a separate canon. That is fine for your own personal preference, but I ask you to respect those of us who feel the two can still coexist. This is meant for fun and speculation, not to start a major canon war. Please try to keep discussion of that topic to the larger continuity thread. This thread exists merely for the purpose of discussing how a merged timeline could possibly work. Also, it is still possible that the bonus content could change a few things, but I believe we are far enough in the show's run that it is safe to speculate on roughly when things occur.

Finally, to accomplish this, I began by tweaking the original pre-TCW timeline one could find elsewhere on the web, notably the one found here. Credit for the original authors of that timeline should be given to that source.

http://timelineuniverse.net/Originalclonewars.htm

I condensed and removed some entries, and all original dates. Most notably, for pre TCW material, Holonet and CIS news entries are removed not because they should not occur, but because they likely can still occur throughout the 3 year period. If someone wishes to tackle that indepth, they are welcome to do so. I also have removed Tales comics and web strips for similar reasons. Generally, I tried to find a place for games, novels, the republic comics, the CW Adventure comics, and (most) young reader novels.

For TCW related material, I am not currently including the webcomic or digest issues, partially because their placement is rather hard to determine, and partially because it is not quite so important to the gist of this timeline yet. Also, the digest issues are still ongoing until at least next july. We can always add them in later. Likewise, placement of the TCW novels is also somewhat ambiguous, but I am open to people adding them in later. For now, the show's episode list covers the gist of major events during the TCW time period. I used the episode order guide as posted in the LACW Chronology thread for the show itself.

Without further ado, I will post what I have so far in the next post...

vadimk likes this.
  2. HEDGESMFG

Nov 20, 2010
    Month 1-? (6 to 9) ABG (After the Battle of Geonosis)
    Boba Fett#1: The Fight to Survive (chapters 1-21) (Scholastic)
    Clone Wars Adventures Volume 8: One of a Kind(Dark Horse)
    Galactic Battlegrounds: Clone Campaigns(Lucasarts home video game)
    Sev'Rance Tan Campaign: Missions 7.2–7.7
    Echuu Shen-Jon Campaign: Missions 8.2–8.6
    The Clone Wars(Lucasarts home video game)
    Rhen Var: Mission 4
    Raxus Prime: Mission 5
    Boba Fett #2: Crossfire(chapters 1–8)
    The Clone Wars(Raxus Prime: Missions 6–7) (Lucasarts home video game)
    Boba Fett#1: The Fight to Survive(chapters 22–end) (Scholastic)
    Boba Fett #2: Crossfire(chapters 9–end)
    Republic #49: Sacrifice(Dark Horse: collected in Clone Wars Volume I: The Defense of Kamino)
    The Clone Wars (Lucasarts home video game)
    Alaris Prime: Missions 8–10
    Rhen Var: Missions 11–12
    Thule Moon: Mission 13
    Thule: Missions 14–16
    Boba Fett#3:Maze of Deception(Scholastic)
    Clone Wars: Volume I: Episodes 67 Republic #50: The Defense of Kamino (Dark Horse)
    Brothers in Arms
    Jango's Legacy
    No End in Sight
    Republic #5152: The New Face of War
    Republic Commando: Hard Contact(Chapter 2–end) (Del Rey)
    Jedi: Mace Windu: Schism
    Clone Wars Adventures: Volume 8: Old Scores(Dark Horse)
    Clone Wars Adventures: Volume 10: Graduation Day (Dark Horse)
    Republic#53: Blast Radius
    Clone Wars: Volume I: Episodes 15
    Clone Wars Adventures: Volume 1: Fierce Currents(Dark Horse)
    Clone Wars: Volume I: Episodes 1216(Cartoon Network series: Season Two)
    Clone Wars: Volume I: Episodes 810 (Cartoon Network series: Season One)
    [adapted in Clone Wars Photocomic, pages 60: 2nd half of page–end; Dark Horse]
    Clone Wars: Volume I(Cartoon Network series: Season Two)
    Episode 11
    Episodes 17–20
    Clone Wars: Volume II: Episode 21 (first segment)
    Jedi: Shaak Ti: Catspaw(Dark Horse: collected in Clone Wars Volume 2: Victories and Sacrifices)
    Clone Wars Adventures(Dark Horse)
    Volume 3:
    Rogue's Gallery
    Volume1:
    Blind Force
    Heavy Metal Jedi
    Volume 2:
    Hide in Plain Sight(reprints Clone Wars Adventures: Free Comic Book Day)
    Run Mace Run
    Skywalkers(flashback)
    Volume 3:
    The Package
    A Stranger in Town
    One Battle
    Volume 7:
    Spy Girl
    This Precious Shining
    Volume 8:
    Versus
    Pathways
    Volume 9:
    Life Below
    No Way Out
    Volume 10:
    Chain of Command
    Waiting
    Clone Wars AdventuresVolume 7: Impregnable
    Republic #54: Double BlindJedi: Aayla Secura
    Shatterpoint(chapters 1–23)(Del Rey)
    Jedi: Count Dooku(Dark Horse: collected in Clone Wars Volume 4: Light and Dark)
    The New Droid Army(Lucasarts home video game)
    Clone Wars Adventures (Dark Horse)
    Volume 5: Bailed Out
    Volume 6
    It Takes a Thief
    Means and Ends
    The Cestus Deception(Del Rey)
    Republic
    #55: Rainmakers
    #56: Stormchasers
    #57: Lightning Rods(retitled Thunder and Lightning in trade paperback)
    #58: Floodgates(retitled Thunder and Lightning in trade paperback)
    #59: Enemy Lines(retitled The Storm after the Storm in trade paperback)
    #61: Dead Ends(Dark Horse)
    #63: Striking from the Shadows
    #64: Bloodlines
    #60: Hate and Fear
    #62: No Man's Land
    Jedi: Yoda(Dark Horse: collected in Clone Wars Volume 5: The Best Blades)
    Republic (Dark Horse)
    #65-66: Show of Force
    #67: Forever Young
    [collected in Clone Wars Volume 6: On the Fields of Battle]
    General Grievous #14(Dark Horse)
    Clone Wars Adventures Volume 6: The Drop (Dark Horse)
    Republic #68: Armor(Dark Horse: collected in Clone Wars Volume 6: On the Fields of Battle)
    Jedi Trial(Del Rey)
    Clone Wars: Volume II: Episode 21 (remainder of the episode)
    Republic#6971: Dreadnaughts of Rendili (Dark Horse: collected in Clone Wars Volume 6: On the Fields of Battle)
    Volume 4: Another Fine Mess
    Volume 4: The Brink
    Volume 7: Creature Comforts
    Volume 10: Thunder Road
    Republic #7273: Trackdown (Dark Horse: collected in Clone Wars Volume 8: The Last Siege, The Final Truth)

(Note: In the original timeline, there was a several month gap between Trackdown and Republic #74, Seige of Saleucami Part I. This seems like a logical place to insert the new much larger story that is TCW. Some overlap between these stories is also possible.)

Month ?(6 to 9)-30 ABG
    2.16: Cat and Mouse
    1.16: The Hidden Enemy
    The Clone Wars (Film)
    3.01: Clone Cadets
    3.03: Supply Lines
    1.01: Ambush
    1.02: Rising Malevolence
    1.03: Shadow of Malevolence
    1.04: Destroy Malevolence
    1.05: Rookies
    1.06: Downfall of a Droid
    1.07: Duel of the Droids
    1.08: Bombad Jedi
    1.09: Cloak of Darkness
    1.10: Lair of Grievous
    1.11: Dooku Captured
    1.12: The Gungan General
    1.13: Jedi Crash
    1.14: Defenders of Peace
    1.15: Trespass
    1.17: Blue Shadow Virus
    1.18: Mystery of a Thousand Moons
    1.19: Storm Over Ryloth
    1.20: Innocents of Ryloth
    1.21: Liberty on Ryloth
    2.01: Holocron Heist
    2.02: Cargo of Doom
    2.03: Children of the Force
    2.17: Bounty Hunters
    2.18: The Zillo Beast
    2.19: The Zillo Beast Strikes Back
    2.04: Senate Spy
    2.05: Landing at Point Rain
    2.06: Weapons Factory
    2.07: Legacy of Terror
    2.08: Brain Invaders
    2.09: Grievous Intrigue
    2.10: The Deserter
    2.11: Lightsaber Lost
    2.20: Death Trap
    2.21: R2 Come Home
    2.22: Lethal Trackdown
    3.04: Sphere of Influence
    3.02: ARC Troopers
    2.12: The Mandalore Plot
    2.13: Voyage of Temptation
    2.14: Duchess of Mandalore
    3.05: Corruption
    3.06: The Academy
    3.07: Assassin
    3.08: Evil Plans
    1.22: Hostage Crisis
    3.09: Hunt for Ziro
    3.10: Heroes on Both Sides
    3.11: Pursuit of Peace
    2.15: Senate Murders
    3.12: Nightsisters
    3.13: Monster
    3.14: Witches of the Mist
    3.15: Overlords
    3.16: Altar of Mortis
    3.17: Ghosts of Mortis
    3.18: The Citadel
    3.19: Counterattack
    3.20: Citadel Rescue
    3.21: Padawan Lost
    3.22: Wookiee Hunt
    4.01: Water War
    4.02: Gungan Attack
    4.03: Prisoners
    4.04: Shadow Warrior
    4.05: Mercy Mission
    4.06: Nomad Droids
    4.07: Darkness on Umbara
    4.08: The General
    4.09: Plan of Dissent
    4.10: Carnage of Krell
    4.11: Kidnapped
    4.12: Slaves of the Republic
    4.13: Escape from Kadavo
    4.14: A Friend in Need
    4.15: Deception
    4.16: Friends and Enemies
    4.17: The Box
    4.18: Crisis on Naboo
    Obsession #15(Dark Horse: collected in Clone Wars Volume 7: When They Were Brothers)*
    Boba Fett #4: Hunted(Scholastic)**
    4.19: Massacre
    4.20: Bounty
    4.21: Brothers
    4.22: Revenge
    (Note: The recent TCW Dark Horse Maul comic is said to occur in the "3rd year" of the war, likely putting the events of at least season 5 no earlier than 25ABG).
    5.02: A War on Two Fronts
    5.03: Front Runners
    5.04: The Soft War
    5.05: Tipping Points
    5.06: The Gathering
    5.07: A Test of Strength
    5.08: Bound for Rescue
    5.09: A Necessary Bond
    5.10: Secret Weapons
    5.11: A Sunny Day in the Void
    5.12: Missing in Action
    5.13: Point of No Return
    5.01: Revival
    5.14: Eminence
    5.15: Shades of Reason
    5.16: The Lawless
    5.17: Sabatoge
    5.18: The Jedi Who Knew Too Much
    5.19: To Catch a Jedi
    5.20: The Wrong Jedi

(Old EU Material with only Approximate order/placement during TCW time period)
    Clone Wars: Volume II: Episode 22 (likely spread throughout TCW)
    Republic Commando: The Chaykin Cluster (Campaign 2; Lucasarts home video game)
    Republic Commando: Triple Zero(Del Rey)
    Republic Commando: True Colors
    Medstar I: Battle Surgeons(Del Rey)
    Medstar: Intermezzo(Insider #83; IDG Entertainment; Hyperspace)
    Medstar II: Jedi Healer(Del Rey) (I+II are likely before Season 4)
    Yoda: Dark Rendezvous(Del Rey)
    Routine Valor (Dark Horse: Free Comic Book Day) (Sometime before S5 droid arc.)

Month 31-35 ABG
    Future TCW "Bonus Material" (Likely to be spread through the final months of the war, if not shortly after s5.)
    Boba Fett (Scholastic)
    #5: A New Threat
    #6: Pursuit
    Free Comic Book Day (2005)
    Clone Wars Adventures Volume 5(Dark Horse)
    What Goes Up...
    Heroes on Both Sides
    Republic Commando: Kashyyyk (Mission 3) (Lucasarts home video game)
    Clone Wars Adventures Volume 6: To the Vanishing Point(Dark Horse)
    Evasive Action: Reversal of Fortune
    Republic#7477: Siege of Saleucami(Dark Horse: collected in Clone Wars Volume 8: The Last Siege, The Final Truth)
    Clone Wars Volume II - Chapters 23-25
    Labyrinth of Evil (Del Rey)

*Obsession is perhaps the single toughest issue to tackle in the entire new timeline, due to it being the original ending story for both Ventress and Adi Gallia, both of whom have seemingly had their fates changed by TCW. Officially, Chee said that it is not Adi's final canon death nor the canon end of Ventress' story. After debating what to do about this story for 3 years, I have stumbled upon what I believe to be the best possible solution. Obsession occurs between seasons 3 and 4, after Ventress leaves Dooku, but before she begins bounty hunting. Dooku secretly recaptures her and brainwashes her. Anakin assumed her dead because of the chaos in their last fight in Witches of the Mist, though his line about Coruscant would have to be ignored. Adi is wounded by Grievous, but survives this fight. After faking her death, Ventress escapes and eventually returns to the Nightsisters. Because she never works with Dooku again after Obsession, the original intent of the story (her escape from the war, and from Dooku) is preserved, while the story can still happen before Adi dies. This also leaves open the possibility that she may yet die in the upcoming TCW "bonus content".

**Putting aside their differences, Boba Fett decided to work together with Aura Sing after book #3, sometime after recovering Slave I, leading to the first Boba Fett s2 arc. The helmet that was destroyed in this arc was one of many. He remains in prison for quite some until the Rako Hardeen Arc. Shortly after escaping, he resumes his hunt for Jabba the Hutt. He becomes a full time bounty hunter by the time we get to the s4 finale arc. Books 5-6 can occur in 19BBY as they were originally intended, sometime after the events of Season 5. As long as the bonus content does not explicitly show how Fett got his green armor, the last 2 books can remain intact.

And that is what I have so far. Again, I realize this is not perfect or fully comprehensive, and I further realize that some things like Obsession remain 'highly' speculative, but I believe this gives us a good idea of how the new canon could work from now on. Let's have some fun with this, guys.

3. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    Nice list. I like your placement of Obsession in relation to Massacre - makes sense.
    What about The Sith Hunters and that other Maul comic?
    I like this quote off the site you linked:
    They had no idea....

4. HEDGESMFG

Nov 20, 2010
    Sith Hunters was one of the digests, but it too probably takes place somewhere early in the 3rd year of the War, like I said above for the Maul comic. Again, I'm going to wait a bit longer before I try to tackle TCW web comics, novels, games, and digests. If someone wishes to comment on them, feel free.

And on the note of that quote, I actually originally asked Lucasfilm during a comic con chicago panel if they would adapt and work with existing material back in August 2008 at some point. I barely remember their answer, but they pretty much had no idea and just threw out the "we'll work to make everything make sense in the end" line. Back then, none of us knew what to expect...

5. _Catherine_

_Catherine_ Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 16, 2007
    I assume you already know this, since you mentioned TERC in your post, but The Essential Reader's Companion offers a timeline that combines the original Clone Wars literature with the TCW spinoffs. I haven't read any of the latter so I don't know if there are any problems with Pablo's chronology, but this seems like the most official word we have so far. I know you're not doing TCW EU yet but here it is for future reference.

22 BBY
    Attack of the Clones
    "Precipice"
    Boba Fett #1: The Fight to Survive
    "Death in the Catacombs"
    "Elusion Illusion"
    Boba Fett #2: Crossfire
    Boba Fett #3: Maze of Deception
    "Storm Fleet Warnings"
    Legacy of the Jedi
    The Cestus Deception
    "The Hive"
    "Changing Seasons"
    Secrets of the Jedi
    Jedi Trial
    The Clone Wars (movie novelization)
    "The Clone Wars: Out Foxed"
    The Clone Wars: Secret Missions #1: Breakout Squad
    The Clone Wars: Secret Missions #2: Curse of the Black Hole Pirates
    The Clone Wars: Secret Missions #3: Duel at Shattered Rock
    The Clone Wars: Secret Missions #4: Guardians of the Chiss Key
    The Clone Wars: Wild Space
    Boba Fett #4: Hunted
    "The Pengalan Tradeoff"
    "League of Spies"
    Republic Commando: Hard Contact
    "Omega Squad: Targets"
    "Duel"
    Shatterpoint
    "Equipment"
    The Clone Wars: No Prisoners
    Republic Commando: Triple Zero

21 BBY
    Clone Wars Gambit: Stealth
    Clone Wars Gambit: Siege
    "Odds"
    The Wrath of Darth Maul

20 BBY
    MedStar I: Battle Surgeons
    "MedStar: Intermezzo"
    MedStar II: Jedi Healer
    "Hero of Cartao"

19 BBY
    Yoda: Dark Rendezvous
    Boba Fett #5: A New Threat
    Boba Fett #6: Pursuit
    Labyrinth of Evil
    Revenge of the Sith

6. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    I have personally been assuming every episode with the 'new look' takes place in the third year of the war.

Further, I have assumed that Star Wars: Kinect takes place very late war after Mauls 'final' death (when it happens)

7. CeiranHarmony

CeiranHarmony Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 10, 2004
    this topic is premature... wait till their "bonus content" is done I'd say. find retcons for issues and timelinehotspots but wait with the entire thing till all is done ;)

PS: And as for the removing of webstrips and holonetnews etc.... either we tackle the entire baggage and not throw out that lot.. or we do not even need to try sorting it. all or nothing. makes no sense to create a timeline without taking into account all sources.. leads to many errors ultimately and ends like the Bible: a funny book based on only part of the truth

8. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    Medstar must be before Clone Wars Chapter 14 (Volume I: 4) because by that stage Luminara is granting Barriss the rank of Knight. However, it must also come after the Geonosis arc of TCW because Barriss is a Padawan in that.

Edi: Luminara says "Your training is complete, Barriss Offee", and whilst clearly meant to imply she has just been given the rank of Knight, I'll concede it could be interpreted as "Your training is complete, though you're yet to be a Knight; there's no time with the war. Yada yada yada."

9. HEDGESMFG

Nov 20, 2010
    Barriss' knighting has been an issue for some time, but I think the general idea that was reached is that she was not formally Knighted at the end of the micro series episode, as Medstar originally took place (and likely still does) nearly 2 years after the previously established date for the assault on the Illum temple, even before TCW existed.

And I'm not removing the webstrips nor the holonews from the canon, I was merely providing a general outline for the timeline as it is now. From what I 'have' seen, I believe most of the Holonews clips can actually occur either close to, or during their original date in the timeline, but where exactly that fits in regard to the current undated TCW eps is harder to determine because I doubt the episodes will 'ever' be dated officially beyond a vague year at best. The news segments with the biggest issues that I can see related to Onoconda Farr, but that one should simply be moved to before his death. Another occurs near Jabiim and should be moved to tie in with it. Any CIS Shadowfeed stories related to Wat Tambor or the battle of Duros will probably need to be moved as well. The others seem fine as is. Even so, I also think we have enough evidence to give at least an outline for most stories. The fate of Reversal of Fortune remains largely up in the air, but if we never again see Barriss, it is always possible she was redeemed.

10. _Catherine_

Jun 16, 2007
    Just curious, is there any specific rationale for your placement of the Clone Wars Adventures comics?

11. TalonCard

TalonCard •Author: Slave Pits of Lorrd •TFN EU Staff star 5 VIP

Jan 31, 2001
    One thing to note: the Decide Your Destiny book Way of the Jedi has the Bespin-related events of Boba Fett #2 taking place at the same time as the Clone Wars film.

TC

12. HEDGESMFG

Nov 20, 2010
    Interesting revelation, TC. I suppose it is easy to overlook such a minor source, but it is interesting to remember that there once was a time when they were a bit more open to references to the old CW media. Anyway, it would still be possible to just move the Boba Fett novels 2 and 3 further up in the timeline then, having them occur alongside season 1-2 material of TCW, or at least events related to the Escape from Cloud City.

Catherine - That was largely the order I had seen established in the old timeline, but if there is reason to believe otherwise, I am not against reordering them. From what I've seen, many stories are either explicitly dated early in the war, or towards the end, with only a very small percentage of them occurring in 21-20BBY. As is such, I left most stories either towards the beginning, or late in the war. It is certainly possible that some could be spread further into it, alongside TCW time periods.

13. TalonCard

TalonCard •Author: Slave Pits of Lorrd •TFN EU Staff star 5 VIP

Jan 31, 2001
    I'd move just the Cloud City events up the timeline; the first part of the book ties into the first levels of the old Clone Wars video game. :confused:

TC

14. Guy-Gone_Weird

Guy-Gone_Weird Jedi Master star 2

Jul 28, 2003
    I'm really glad to see this task finally undertaken. Now is the perfect time.

I really like your placement for Obsession, although, doesn't Anakin believe that he killed Asajj on Coruscant at that time? I don't have it handy so I may be mistaken. I'm also curious where Star Wars: Kinect fits, since that story was....interesting...

A while back I started the TCW Expanded Media Chronology thread. We managed to piece together a semi-cohesive chronology of TCW and all its tie-ins, from webcomics, to digests to online games. We only got through Season 3 or so, and this was before we got Leeland Chee's official episode chronology blog. Even so, you might read through the thread and see if it's any help to you: http://boards.theforce.net/threads/the-clone-wars-expanded-media-chronology-spoilers.31357323/

15. HEDGESMFG

Nov 20, 2010
    Anakin does indeed state that they last fought her on Coruscant, and that is something I have considered. Other possibilities for Obsession include placing it before TCW (and just having her go back to Dooku, well, for the hell of it), or after TCW entirely (which only works if we ignore Adi's TCW death and know for sure that TCW wouldn't kill Ventress. Even if the s5 finale is also the last time we ever see her, Anakin clearly knew she was alive after that battle, so that won't 100% fit either). No solution for obsession will ever be 100% perfect, so I chose one which remained logical while also serving as a nice bridge to her bounty hunting future... one which actually even allowed the original spirit of the story to remain intact.

And I remember your earlier thread. I will be revising this timeline to at least add the webstrips and Holonews entries later in the week, as I have a list with their current order that follows roughly the old monthly dates.

For now, I will mourn the possible loss of the LFL animation devision. Yes, they royally screwed continuity in some ways, but I do NOT trust Disney to be any better. I am currently not happy with the current treatment of the franchise. Hopefully time (and some unexpected luck and survival for the EU) proves me wrong.

16. BoromirsFan

BoromirsFan Jedi Master star 4

May 16, 2010
    Wouldn't the LFL animation division be working on a new show? I don't think Disney would shut them down just because TCW is over

17. kubricklynch

kubricklynch Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 10, 2012
    They said the next show will be using Disney's in-house animation team.

18. BoromirsFan

BoromirsFan Jedi Master star 4

May 16, 2010
    I realized that too late. I wonder if it means that division will be shut down completely. What a shame. Isn't it one of Lucasfilms newest divisions?

19. Guy-Gone_Weird

Guy-Gone_Weird Jedi Master star 2

Jul 28, 2003
    In the last TCW episode, I was actually hoping that Anakin would appear to kill Asajj in anger, which I thought would have worked pretty well for Obsession (minus the Adi Gallia stuff). But I've re-read Obsession now, and unfortunately I've found more continuity problems.
    1. When Anakin meets Padmé on Naboo, she is surprised to see his scar, and asks what happens. Of course, this was already a continuity issue before TCW, since she also first sees it in the CW micro series Season 3. Anakin continues saying that the CIS has been driven into the outer rim and are under seige. He says that all of Dooku's commanders are gone, except Durge and General Grievous.
    2. Just about everyone believes Asajj is dead, and several say Anakin killed her on Coruscant. These people include Anakin, Obi-Wan, Dooku, Palpatine, Yoda, Mace Windu, Bail Organa and Kit Fisto.
    3. Anakin and Obi-Wan hint that the council still thinks of Anakin as Obi-Wan's apprentice even though he's been knighted, and Anakin corrects himself, almost referring to Obi-Wan as "my master" when fighting Durge. This means it would be soon after he was knighted, since I doubt this problem would arise after Anakin has had a padawan of his own for 1 or 2 years.
    4. Obi-Wan names Odd Ball by name and Anakin is shocked to hear that clones are getting names now.
    5. Obi-Wan also refers to Darth Maul as "that other Sith on Tatooine". This could be excused as maybe he was not yet made aware of Maul's name yet, or he thought Anakin would not know him by his name.
    6. Asajj warns Obi-Wan that Coruscant may come under attack.
    So...I have no idea how this could work any other way than what you suggest. You're right when you say that this is the single biggest issue. There are huge issues setting it before or after TCW that are hard to reconcile.

Setting it between Seasons 3 and 4 is a good middle ground, and is a good solution for Adi Gallia's death as well. What would make it ideal is if a new story was crafted in that time where Anakin encountered Asajj on Coruscant and appeared to kill her. It's redundant, but it would help clean up that problem without having to throw out Obsession altogether.

Here's a similar alternative, that might work: What if Obsession was set between "Massacre" and "Bounty" in Season 4. With the Nightsisters wiped out, Ventress fleed Dathomir. She somehow wound up on Coruscant and Anakin encountered her and appeared to kill her. Then Dooku was made aware of this and kidnapped and brainwashed her. Obsession happens, she mostly reconciles with Obi-Wan (which works well for her next encounter with him in "Revenge") and heals herself, wanting to get as far away from the war as she can. At this point, she grabs her stolen ship and heads for Tatooine, where she encounters Bossk and Latts and joins Boba's team for "Bounty". The narrator at the beginning of the episode says she's been "abandoned" and more importantly that "forced into exile, Ventress wanders far into the outer rim...seeking her new life that was foretold by Mother Talzin".

It's similar to your idea, except I think the destruction of her home clan is even more impetus for her to flee "far into the outer rim", which it just so happens matches perfectly with what she tells her pilots to do at the end of Obsession. We don't know how much time transpired between these two episodes, and I think it fits pretty well. Either way, some things would have to be overlooked (like Padmé seeing Anakin's scar and Anakin surprised that clones have names).

20. _Catherine_

Jun 16, 2007
    This one isn't too big a deal because Padmé is an idiot. In AOTC she tells Anakin that she wasn't the youngest queen of Naboo, but the ROTS novelization says she was. I know which one I believe.

Anakin also does this in Dark Rendezvous and that story is still set near the end of the war according to The Essential Reader's Companion. Also Ventress is still working for Dooku in that book, so I don't even know.

21. blackmyron

blackmyron Chosen One star 7

Oct 29, 2005
    The references to Anakin still being an Apprentice is actually one place where CWAS makes it easier - for being a Knight, Anakin seems to be almost the same amount of time hanging out with Kenobi.

22. HEDGESMFG

Nov 20, 2010
    Unless we get (or create) an original story, I doubt we will ever make every line of Obsession fit exactly as it appears. There was never an easy way around the Coruscant issue unless she really DID die there at the show's end, and I still find placing it as late in the war as reasonably possible to be a better choice than early.

And of course, putting it between Bounty and Massacre could also work, but I guess I just didn't want to interrupt the flow of any one arc, and putting it between s3 and s4 gives the events seen in the story a bit more time to pan out. Plus a bit more time for Adi to recover before her next appearance in the Onderon arc. Really, it could fit anywhere after s3's arc and before the Mauldalore arc begins, but I just personally think Dooku would try to recapture her as soon as he can, and I somewhat like the idea that she returns to Dathomir exhausted after another crazy string of events.

23. MistrX

MistrX Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2006
    He does it ROTS, so apparently it's a habit he just doesn't break.

24. HEDGESMFG

Nov 20, 2010
    So after a fairly extensive amount of retooling and research, I have reincorporated most of the other webcomics, holo/CIS news segments, Tales comics, and other material that I could find, both related to new and old TCW mateiral, and have attempted to give them either definitive or approximate placements based on the new official episode order. GGG's link to the old timeline research thread was immensely helpful, and I have incorporated much of the suggestions that he, Zorkel, and The2ndQuest all offered on the chronology of TCW material.

For the most part, the holo/CIS news entries appear in their original order, with some exceptions, but many of their original dates will again have to be ignored. Many stories tied closely to old material, but a few entires are ambiguous enough that they can be incorporated into the larger timeline of the war alongside certain novels. The placement of some more recent stories (such as the Defenders of the Lost Temple graphic novella, released only 10 days ago) are partial guesswork based on where they would fit in with the show's actual episodes, but I think you get the gist of the idea. Their exact episode placement is not super important. I have not yet added in The Smuggler's Code as it will not be released until June. Once it is out, I will edit this and add it in wherever it seems to best fit.

The one thing I am currently having trouble with is the Clone Wars Adventures game. If someone could help me do a breakdown of original story missions and where they would seem to fit in s3-s5, that would be very, very useful.

So without further ado, Timeline Revision 2.0.

25. HEDGESMFG

Nov 20, 2010
    Month 1-? (6 to 9) ABG (After the Battle of Geonosis)
    Boba Fett#1: The Fight to Survive (chapters 1-21)
    (Scholastic)Death in the Catacombs
    (Insider #79: Wizards of the Coast)
    Elusion Illusion: A Tale of the Clone Wars(Insider #66: Wizards of the Coast; Hyperspace)
    Clone Wars Adventures Volume 8: One of a Kind(Dark Horse)
    Galactic Battlegrounds: Clone Campaigns(Lucasarts home video game)
    Sev'Rance Tan Campaign: Missions 7.2–7.7
    Echuu Shen-Jon Campaign: Missions 8.2–8.6
    The Clone Wars(Lucasarts home video game)
    Rhen Var: Mission 4
    Raxus Prime: Mission 5
    Boba Fett #2: Crossfire(chapters 1–8)
    The Clone Wars(Raxus Prime: Missions 6–7) (Lucasarts home video game)
    Boba Fett#1: The Fight to Survive(chapters 22–end) (Scholastic)
    Boba Fett #2: Crossfire(chapters 9–18)
    Republic #49: Sacrifice
    The Clone Wars (Lucasarts home video game)
    Alaris Prime: Missions 8–10
    Rhen Var: Missions 11–12
    Thule Moon: Mission 13
    Thule: Missions 14–16
    Clone Wars: Volume I: Episodes 67 Republic #50: The Defense of Kamino (Dark Horse)
    Brothers in Arms
    Jango's Legacy
    No End in Sight
    Republic #5152: The New Face of War
    Republic Commando: Hard Contact(Chapter 2–end) (Del Rey)
    Jedi: Mace Windu: Schism
    Clone Wars Adventures: Volume 8: Old Scores(Dark Horse)
    Clone Wars Adventures: Volume 10: Graduation Day (Dark Horse)
    Tales #14: Tides of Terror(Dark Horse: collected in Tales Volume 4)
    Republic#53: Blast Radius
    Storm Fleet Warnings (Hasbro Short Story Collection: Paizo Publishing)
    Duel(Hasbro Short Story Collection: Paizo Publishing)
    Clone Wars: Volume I: Episodes 15
    Clone Wars Adventures: Volume 1: Fierce Currents(Dark Horse)
    Clone Wars: Volume I: Episodes 1216(Cartoon Network series: Season Two)
    Clone Wars: Volume I: Episodes 810 (Cartoon Network series: Season One)
    [adapted in Clone Wars Photocomic, pages 60: 2nd half of page–end; Dark Horse]
    Clone Wars: Volume I(Cartoon Network series: Season Two)
    Episode 11
    Episodes 17–20
    Clone Wars: Volume II: Episode 21 (first segment)
    Jedi: Shaak Ti: Catspaw(Dark Horse: collected in Clone Wars Volume 2: Victories and Sacrifices)
    Clone Wars Adventures(Dark Horse)
    Volume 3:
    Rogue's Gallery
    Volume1:
    Blind Force
    Heavy Metal Jedi
    Volume 2:
    Hide in Plain Sight(reprints Clone Wars Adventures: Free Comic Book Day)
    Run Mace Run
    Skywalkers(flashback)
    Volume 3:
    The Package
    A Stranger in Town
    One Battle
    Volume 7:
    Spy Girl
    This Precious Shining
    Volume 8:
    Versus
    Pathways
    Volume 9:
    Life Below
    No Way Out
    Volume 10:
    Chain of Command
    Waiting
    Clone Wars AdventuresVolume 7: Impregnable
    Republic #54: Double BlindJedi: Aayla Secura
    Shatterpoint(chapters 1–23)(Del Rey)
    Legacy of the Jedi(pages 145–end) (Scholastic)
    Jedi: Count Dooku(Dark Horse: collected in Clone Wars Volume 4: Light and Dark)
    The New Droid Army(Lucasarts home video game)Republic Holonet News Core Edition 14:2:12(Insider #65)
    CIS Shadowfeed Dispatch 14:2:14(Insider #65)
    The Clone Wars: Hero of Cartao (Wizards of the Coast)
    Episode I: Hero's Call (Insider #68)
    Episode II: Hero's Rise (Insider #69)
    Episode III: Hero's End (Insider #70)
    Tales #19: Rather Darkness Visible (Dark Horse: collected in Tales Volume 5)
    CIS Shadowfeed Dispatch 14:3:10 Edition(Insider #66)
    Republic Holonet News Core Edition 14:3:22 (Insider #66)
    Tales #22: Honor Bound (Dark Horse)
    CIS Shadowfeed Dispatch 14:4:12 Edition(Insider #67)
    Republic Holonet News Core Edition 14:4:14(Insider #67)
    Volume 5: Bailed Out
    Volume 6
    It Takes a Thief
    Means and Ends
    The Cestus Deception(Del Rey)
    Republic HoloNet News Core Edition 14:7:02 (Insider #68)
    Republic
    #55: Rainmakers
    Republic Holonet News Core Edition 14:9:01(Insider #69)
    Republic Holonet News Core Edition 14:9:04(Insider #70)
    CIS Shadowfeed Dispatch 14:9:08 Edition(Insider #69)
    CIS Shadowfeed Dispatch 14:9:15 Edition(Insider #70)
    #56: Stormchasers
    #57: Lightning Rods(retitled Thunder and Lightning in trade paperback)
    #58: Floodgates(retitled Thunder and Lightning in trade paperback)
    #59: Enemy Lines(retitled The Storm after the Storm in trade paperback)
    #61: Dead Ends(Dark Horse)
    #63: Striking from the Shadows
    #64: Bloodlines
    #60: Hate and Fear
    #62: No Man's Land
    Jedi: Yoda(Dark Horse: collected in Clone Wars Volume 5: The Best Blades)
    Republic (Dark Horse)
    #65-66: Show of Force
    #67: Forever Young
    General Grievous #14(Dark Horse)
    Republic #68: Armor
    Jedi Trial(Del Rey)
    Clone Wars: Volume II: Episode 21 (remainder of the episode)
    Republic#6971: Dreadnaughts of Rendili
    Volume 4: Another Fine Mess
    Volume 4: The Brink
    Volume 7: Creature Comforts
    Volume 10: Thunder Road
    Republic #7273: Trackdown

Month ?(6 to 9)-30 ABG
    -GAME: Jedi Alliance (Sedawan, Coruscant, Rodia, Christophsis)
    -WEB/116: Shadowed (page 1)
    2.16: Cat and Mouse
    -WEB/116: Shadowed (rest)
    1.16: The Hidden Enemy
    -RPG: WotC Miniatures/RPG: 25 to Rescue
    -NOVEL1: The Clone Wars (film novelization)
    The Clone Wars (Film)
    Boba Fett #2: Crossfire(chapters 19-end)**
    -JRNOVEL: Decide Your Destiny: Tethan Battle Adventure
    -JRNOVEL: Decide Your Destiny: The Way of the Jedi
    -GAME: Jedi Alliance (Battle of the Devastation)
    -SHORT: Outfoxed
    -COMVOL4: Colossus of Destiny
    -COMVOL5: The Deadly Hands of Shon-Ju
    -JRNOVEL: Journey Through Hyperspace (UK)
    -JRNOVEL: Decide Your Destiny: Crisis on Coruscant
    3.01: Clone Cadets
    -WEB/118: Covetous
    3.03: Supply Lines
    -WEB/101: Prelude
    1.01: Ambush
    -WEB/103: Procedure
    -COMVOL1: Shipyards of Doom
    -WEB/102: Shakedown
    -PODCAST1: HoloNet News 1 - A Galaxy Divided
    1.02: Rising Malevolence
    1.03: Shadow of Malevolence
    -WEB/104: Agenda
    1.04: Destroy Malevolence
    -JRNOVEL: Secret Missions #1: Breakout Squad
    -JRNOVEL: Secret Missions #2: Black Hole Pirates
    -JRNOVEL: Secret Missions #3: Duel at the Shattered Rock
    -JRNOVEL: Secret Missions #4: Guardians of the Chiss Key
    -WEB/105: Mouse Hunt
    1.05: Rookies
    -JRNOVEL: Decide Your Destiny: Crisis on Coruscant
    -NOVEL2: Wild Space
    -WEB/106: The Fall of Falleen
    1.06: Downfall of a Droid
    -WEB/107: Discount
    1.07: Duel of the Droids
    -NOVEL3: No Prisoners
    -COMVOL2: Crash Course
    -COMVOL 3: The Wind Raiders of Taloraan
    -PODCAST2: HoloNet News 2 - Rodia Supply Lanes Attacked by Pirates!
    -WEB/108: Departure
    1.08: Bombad Jedi
    -WEB/109: Transfer
    1.09: Cloak of Darkness
    -WEB/110: The Dreams of General Grievous
    1.10: Lair of Grievous
    -GAME: Lightsaber Duels (Separatist Droid Lab)
    -PODCAST3: HoloNet News 3 - Chancellor Palpatine's Approval Ratings Fall
    -WEB/111: Bait
    1.11: Dooku Captured
    -WEB/112: Switch
    1.12: The Gungan General
    -WEB/113: Headgames
    1.13: Jedi Crash
    -WEB/114: Neighbors
    1.14: Defenders of Peace
    -WEB/115: Cold Snap
    1.15: Trespass
    -WEB/117: The Valley
    1.17: Blue Shadow Virus
    1.18: Mystery of a Thousand Moons
    -WEB/119: Curfew
    1.19: Storm Over Ryloth
    1.20: Innocents of Ryloth
    -WEB/120: The Ballad of Cham Syndulla
    1.21: Liberty on Ryloth
    -SWTCW: In the Service of the Republic
    -GAME: Republic Heroes
    2.01: Holocron Heist
    2.02: Cargo of Doom
    -WEB/201: Act On Instinct, Part 1
    -WEB/202: Act On Instinct, Part 2
    -WEB/203: Act On Instinct, Part 3
    2.03: Children of the Force
    -WEB/204-215: Act On Instinct, Part 4-End
    -WEB/3: The Valsedian Operation
    2.17: Bounty Hunters
    2.18: The Zillo Beast
    2.19: The Zillo Beast Strikes Back
    2.04: Senate Spy
    2.05: Landing at Point Rain
    2.06: Weapons Factory
    2.07: Legacy of Terror
    2.08: Brain Invaders
    -SWTCW: Hero of the Confederacy
    2.09: Grievous Intrigue
    2.10: The Deserter
    2.11: Lightsaber Lost
    Boba Fett#3:Maze of Deception(Scholastic)**
    2.20: Death Trap
    2.21: R2 Come Home
    2.22: Lethal Trackdown
    3.04: Sphere of Influence
    3.02: ARC Troopers
    2.12: The Mandalore Plot
    2.13: Voyage of Temptation
    2.14: Duchess of Mandalore
    -NOVEL4: Clone Wars Gambit: Stealth
    -NOVEL5: Clone Wars Gambit: Siege
    3.05: Corruption
    3.06: The Academy
    3.07: Assassin
    3.08: Evil Plans
    -WEB/121: Invitation Only
    1.22: Hostage Crisis
    -WEB/122: Hunting the Hunters, Part I
    -WEB/XX1: Gunship Over Florrum
    -GAME: Gunship Over Florrum
    -PODCAST5: HoloNet News - A Galaxy Divided (part 2)
    -PODCAST6: HoloNet News - A Galaxy Divided (part 3)
    -PODCAST7: HoloNet News - A Galaxy Divided (part 4)
    -PODCAST8: HoloNet News - A Galaxy Divided (part 5)
    3.09: Hunt for Ziro
    -WEB/123: Hunting the Hunters, Part II
    -GAME: Swamp Station Sweep
    -WEB/XX2: Swamp Station Sweep
    -WEB/124: Hunting the Hunters, Part III
    -WEB/XX3: Droids Over Iego
    -GAME: Droids Over Iego
    -COMVOL 6: The Starcrusher Trap

3.10: Heroes on Both Sides
    3.11: Pursuit of Peace
    2.15: Senate Murders
    3.12: Nightsisters
    3.13: Monster
    3.14: Witches of the Mist
    -COMVOL 7: Strange Allies
    -SWTCW: Opress Unleashed
    3.15: Overlords
    3.16: Altar of Mortis
    3.17: Ghosts of Mortis
    3.18: The Citadel
    3.19: Counterattack
    3.20: Citadel Rescue
    -COMVOL 8: The Enemy Within
    3.21: Padawan Lost
    3.22: Wookiee Hunt
    4.01: Water War
    4.02: Gungan Attack
    4.03: Prisoners
    4.04: Shadow Warrior
    4.05: Mercy Mission
    4.06: Nomad Droids
    4.07: Darkness on Umbara
    4.08: The General
    4.09: Plan of Dissent
    4.10: Carnage of Krell
    4.11: Kidnapped
    4.12: Slaves of the Republic
    4.13: Escape from Kadavo
    4.14: A Friend in Need
    4.15: Deception
    4.16: Friends and Enemies
    4.17: The Box
    4.18: Crisis on Naboo
    Obsession #15(Dark Horse: collected in Clone Wars Volume 7: When They Were Brothers)*
    Boba Fett #4: Hunted(Scholastic)**
    4.19: Massacre
    4.20: Bounty
    -The Wrath of Darth Maul
    4.21: Brothers
    4.22: Revenge
    -COMVOL 9: The Sith Hunters
    -Darth Maul: Death Sentence
    (Note: The new TCW Dark Horse Maul story is said to occur in the "3rd year" of the war, likely putting the events of at least season 5 no earlier than 25ABG).
    -COMVOL 10: Defenders of the Lost Temple
    5.02: A War on Two Fronts
    5.03: Front Runners
    5.04: The Soft War
    5.05: Tipping Points
    5.06: The Gathering
    5.07: A Test of Strength
    5.08: Bound for Rescue
    5.09: A Necessary Bond
    5.10: Secret Weapons
    5.11: A Sunny Day in the Void
    5.12: Missing in Action
    5.13: Point of No Return
    5.01: Revival
    5.14: Eminence
    5.15: Shades of Reason
    5.16: The Lawless
    5.17: Sabatoge
    5.18: The Jedi Who Knew Too Much
    5.19: To Catch a Jedi
    5.20: The Wrong Jedi
    Bonus.01 - An Old Friend
    Bonus.02 - The Rise of Clovis
    Bonus.03 - Crisis at the Heart (I suspect we'll see these with the upcoming material, though their timeline placement will remain ambiguous, I will assume the plan was to put them later since Ashoka does NOT appear in this arc.)

(Old EU Material with only Approximate order/placement during TCW time period)
    Clone Wars: Volume II: Episode 22 (likely spread throughout TCW)
    Republic Commando: The Chaykin Cluster (Campaign 2; Lucasarts home video game)
    Republic Commando: Triple Zero(Del Rey)
    Star Wars #24: Silent Drifting(flashback)(Marvel: reprinted by Dark Horse in A Long Time Ago...Volume 2: Dark Encounters)
    Visionaries: Deep Forest(Dark Horse)
    CIS Shadowfeed Dispatch 15:2:29 Edition(Insider #74)
    Republic Holonet News Core Edition 15:3:02(Insider #75) (Both must occur before Farr's death, so likely earlier than their original placement. Probably late 21BBY.)
    CIS Shadowfeed Dispatch Year's Start Fete Day Edition (Insider #72) (clearly starts in 20BBY)
    Republic Holonet News Core Edition 15:01:03(Insider #72)
    Republic Holonet News Core Edition 15:01:13(Insider #73)
    CIS Shadowfeed Dispatch 15:01:15 Edition(Insider #73)
    Changing Seasons (Wizards of the Coast)
    Part I: Guardian of the People (Insider #76: Hyperspace)
    Part II: People of the Guardian (Insider #77; Hyperspace)
    Republic Holonet News Core Edition 15:2:22 (Insider #74)
    CIS Shadowfeed Dispatch 15:3:21 Edition(Insider #76)
    Republic Holonet News Core Edition 15:3:29(Insider #76)
    Medstar I: Battle Surgeons(Del Rey)
    Medstar: Intermezzo(Insider #83; IDG Entertainment; Hyperspace)
    Medstar II: Jedi Healer(Del Rey) (I+II are likely before Season 4)
    Yoda: Dark Rendezvous(Del Rey)
    Secrets of the Jedi(Part Two: chapters 21 to 33) (Scholastic)
    Routine Valor (Dark Horse: Free Comic Book Day) (Sometime before S5 droid arc.)

Month 31-35 ABG
    Future TCW "Bonus Material" (Likely to be spread through the final months of the war, if not shortly after s5. At least one arc aside from Clovis confirmed, possibly 2.)
    Clone Wars Adventures Volume 6: The Drop (Dark Horse)
    Visionaries: The Artist of Naboo(Dark Horse)
    Boba Fett (Scholastic)
    #5: A New Threat
    #6: PursuitFree Comic Book Day (2005)
    Clone Wars Adventures Volume 5(Dark Horse)
    What Goes Up...
    Heroes on Both Sides
    Visionaries (Dark Horse)
    Wat Tambor and Quest for the Sacred Eye of the Albino Cyclops
    Sithisis
    Republic Commando: Kashyyyk (Mission 3) (Lucasarts home video game)
    Clone Wars Adventures Volume 6: To the Vanishing Point(Dark Horse)
    Evasive Action: Reversal of Fortune
    Republic#7477: Siege of Saleucami(Dark Horse: collected in Clone Wars Volume 8: The Last Siege, The Final Truth)
    Clone Wars Volume II - Chapters 23-25
    Labyrinth of Evil (Del Rey)

*Obsession is perhaps the single toughest issue to tackle in the entire new timeline, due to it being the original ending story for both Ventress and Adi Gallia, both of whom have seemingly had their fates changed by TCW. Officially, Chee said that it is not Adi's final canon death nor the canon end of Ventress' story. After debating what to do about this story for 3 years, I have stumbled upon what I believe to be the best possible solution. Obsession occurs between seasons 3 and 4, after Ventress leaves Dooku, but before she begins bounty hunting. Dooku secretly recaptures her and brainwashes her. Anakin assumed her dead because of the chaos in their last fight in Witches of the Mist. Adi is wounded by Grievous, but survives this fight. After faking her death, Ventress escapes and eventually returns to the Nightsisters. Because she never works with Dooku again after Obsession, the original intent of the story (her escape from the war, and from Dooku) is preserved, while the story can still happen before Adi dies. This also leaves open the possibility that she may yet die in the upcoming TCW "bonus content".

**Originally, I was going to have Boba Fett books 2-3 occur before TCW, but it turns out there is a source which claims Boba's escape from Bespin is roughly the same time as the TCW film. As a result, I am moving his escape ahead while keeping the rest of the book 2's events earlier. Book 3 now occurs shortly before the events of the first Boba arc. Putting aside their differences, Boba Fett decided to work together with Aura Sing after book #3, sometime after recovering Slave I, leading to the first Boba Fett s2 arc. The helmet that was destroyed in this arc was one of many. He remains in prison for quite some until the Rako Hardeen Arc. Shortly after escaping, he resumes his hunt for Jabba the Hutt. He becomes a full time bounty hunter by the time we get to the s4 finale arc. Books 5-6 can occur in 19BBY as they were originally intended, sometime after the events of Season 5. As long as the bonus content does not explicitly show how Fett got his green armor, the last 2 books can remain intact.

_Catherine_ likes this.