main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series TCW bonus material episode discussion (spoilers)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by KED12345, Mar 11, 2013.

1. Hercu Dogla

Hercu Dogla Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 13, 2013
    I saw that, and it looked like he almost confirmed that they had all of season 6 pretty much done and recorded. He apparently didn't like the way they phrased "bonus content" because it made it seem less substantial than it apparently will hopefully be.

2. swcolts1277

swcolts1277 Jedi Master star 2

Jan 5, 2013
    Well, it seems like all of Season 6 has been recorded, whether that was season 6 what they would air or production wise remains to be seen. Like other posters have said that could mean anywhere from 22 to 40 episodes.

3. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi SWC Jedi Draft Champion star 6 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 30, 2012
    If we get 40 episodes, then I honestly wouldn't care nearly as much about it being cancelled as I was last week, because that's pretty much season six and seven! I just hope they're not just gonna show them on StarWars.com once and then they're never to be seen again or anything like that, I want them to release a box set DVD for each season.

4. Darth kRud

Darth kRud Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 1, 2012
    Stargate Universe. Am I the only one who watched that?

Lazy Storm Trooper likes this.
  5. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    The thing that sounded coolest in that article with James was the friendship they were going to explore between Anakin and Obi-wan. It sounded like things were all leading nicely into Episode 3. So we may never see some of that stuff.

Ani501st likes this.
  6. Darth kRud

Darth kRud Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 1, 2012
    It's in the films. They follow orders. They had all the 'rebellion' bred out of them. It was Sidious and his master who ordered the clone army in the first place so I would assume order 66 was part of their education at the clone farm. It was the entire reason they ordered the clone army, well, that and what came after killing the jedi.

The 1:22-1:55 mark mark?

7. CaptainRex115

CaptainRex115 Jedi Padawan star 3

Jan 11, 2013
    No offense bro, but i'd be more likely that theyre's a zombie apocalypse tomorrow than us getting 40 episodes. I doubt we'd even get 20 to be honest. I'm thinking more like 5-10

TreborSabreon and cwustudent like this.
  8. Ani501st

Ani501st Jedi Padawan star 3

Mar 18, 2013
    If we get 40 episodes I would be happy too ! But like said CaptainRex115 I doubt they will give us 40 episodes, Lucasilm talked about "Bonus Content" so it doesn't sound like lots of episodes. Daniel Logan on his Facebook also talks about "a few arcs". Whatever the number of episodes released I agree, we should have a Blu-Ray/DVD Box set.

9. Jordan1Kenobi

Sep 30, 2012
    40 would be amazing, but yeah, that's highly unlikely, so I'd put my money on about 15 episodes, which is still really good.

10. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    If the entirety of Season 6 was pretty much done like is being said then getting 23-25 episodes isn't too far-fetched. We'll get whatever's finished, I imagine.

Cevan likes this.
  11. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    But why would they call it 'Bonus Material' if it's a full season? Because of its airing method?

12. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    I defer you to James Arnold Taylor's response:

Taylor: "Yeah, we recorded Season 6, basically, the whole season. So yeah, your assumption is, “Okay, it’s going to run as a season.” But now knowing all of the things that we did, I just really want to make sure that all those get out there. I think my biggest -- I don't even know the right word -- but maybe "issue", was calling it “bonus content.” I think that could really make people feel like, you know, bonus content we think of as extras on a DVD or little snippets on the web. But we don’t think of it as maybe a full episode or as a DVD release on its own or a season anywhere. So I think perhaps if they consider changing the wording of it to just “more Clone Wars” and “finishing the saga of The Clone Wars,” that will appease fans maybe a little bit more than just the name that they came up with immediately."

13. Jordan1Kenobi

Sep 30, 2012
    That's pleasing to hear, so it looks like its going to be a whole season.

Ani501st likes this.
  14. HEDGESMFG

HEDGESMFG Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 20, 2010
    Counting Clovis, it's a bare minimum of 7 episodes (Clovis + Tup Order 66 arc, which I bet is big enough for 4 eps). I'd imagine we have at least 2 more arcs on top of that, added 6-8 episodes, bringing us to 13-15. I actually doubt it's more than 20, but I'll be shocked if it's less than 10.

I'm much more worried about the delivery method. I really want them to announce how and when we're seeing these.

15. Ani501st

Ani501st Jedi Padawan star 3

Mar 18, 2013
    Yeah with this quotation of James it looks better for the future of TCW :cool:

16. CaptainRex115

Jan 11, 2013
    This honestly means nothing. They could have recorded up until season 20, doesnt mean they are going to animate it all. Even if it's 100% finished, disney still might not want to release it. JAT doesnt control the show unfortunately. As I said earlier I think we are getting 10 or less, no more than 20 forsure

17. hlc88

hlc88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    If a whole season is finished and ready to air, disney would be stupid to dump it all because then they'd be losing money and a potential profit they could make - they may as well release it and get money from us fans, cos god knows we are going to buy it regardless of the price. We do know that - as per the statement - that production is continuing on Clone Wars arcs so some may still enter production especially if its relevant to the overall story. So if all of Season 6 is completed and ready to air then they are just sitting there, waiting to be seen. If they are mostly 4-parter arcs, there is the potential there for 5 arcs which would equal 20 episodes.

They are also continuing production on Clone Wars arcs which suggests that what they were already in the process of animating will be finished and released too. So production isn't shut down yet, apart from maybe the writers part and the voice-actors though JAT seemed to think that they may be called back for extra bits but not to record a new arc though.

That's one thing I wanted to see more of to. Hopefully that will form the arcs that will be released.

It's also reassuring to learn that while JAT only found out what happened at the end of Season 5 when he watched the episode, he did have an inkling what happened based on the dialogue they had been recording for Season 6, so the end of Season 5 must have been set in stone for a while and perhaps the changes they were doing to The Wrong Jedi in December 2012 were more to do with dialogue change then changing the end completely which was my fear.

18. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    I still think my earlier prediction will be accurate: Between 10 to 15 episodes, shown first on starwars.com and then available on DVD and Blu-Ray. If they stick with the "bonus content" moniker I think the DVDs and Blu-Rays would be the Season 5 boxsets, but I could also see them releasing standalone DVD and Blu-Ray sets of these final episodes too, the way they've released some arcs separately from the season boxsets before. Those would definitely have a sticker on the packaging saying something like "The thrilling conclusion to Star Wars: The Clone Wars!"... haha.

19. DavidIX

DavidIX Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 3, 2012
    Is there a timeline on when they plan on releasing this Bonus content?

20. CaptainRex115

Jan 11, 2013
    So now all of a sudden Disney is going to be running on logic?? lol... they lost money and potential fany by ending this show in the first place, canceling 1313, and canceling E2 & E3 in theaters. How are they going to be making money off of TCW now anyways? No network owns it, a DVD release is their only way of profit. Watch filoni's video, he even says essentially they are just gona give us the bare minimum necessary stuff and moving on. Don't try to find any logic in disney, they dont give 2 craps about us. all they care about is making the most $$ and to them clone wars was just a dependent that they are cutting off and kicking out ASAP to focus on what they want to do.

21. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    Regarding the number of new episodes we'll get, I had a thought on how they could decide to handle this. In looking back at seasons 3 onward, it seems like they'll do 2/3 to 3/4 of the episodes related to the important ongoing plot threads, and the rest more one-off or tangential plot elements, i.e. Droids arcs and Younglings. Of course there could be some debate on how tangential some of these are, but regardless they could decide to throw out the one-off stuff to just finish the episodes that are important to the plot of the show and main character arcs. That would leave us with possibly around 16 episodes for Season 6, and if we're really lucky maybe they'll decide to finish off some of the important Season 7 stuff. So in that case maybe we'd get 24-30 new episodes.

Of course this is speculation and I'm sure all bets are off now that the production is being ground to a halt. My other theory is that they will take the Season 6 arcs and edit the endings of them to bring closure to what is going on with the characters. After all, if you have four episodes per arc, you could have some flexibility in the edit of the last episode to spin it in a slightly different direction, i.e more resolution.

Since Clovis arc is only three episodes, its possible they have some other three episode stories or could edit some of the four episode arcs down to two or three episodes in the interest of finishing production. Perhaps they'll be "faster, more intense." ;)

22. darthzac14

darthzac14 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 8, 2012
    Does anybody have any idea when we'll see this "Season 6" stuff.

23. hlc88

hlc88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Well it helps to be optimistic! If we make a loud enough opinion we may get more :p

Much as I hate to say this, Disney is running on logic, especially concerning the Clone Wars. The Clone Wars was bankrolled by George Lucas, not Warners, not CN. It was his own money. He could afford that loss in profit which The Clone Wars had no chance of ever making back. Each episode costs $2million to make, that is equivalent to $44 million per season. There is no way Disney can afford a loss like that. There is no way that the show would make that money back. CN/Warner may have been interested in continuing to air the show, but they may not have forked out the cash needed that Disney may have wanted from them to continue to make the show (my speculation there).

From a business point of view, Disney have done the logical thing. The Clone Wars is too expensive for them to justify continuing, especially if they will not regain the money lost for making each episode. From a fans perspective they have done the wrong thing, but you need to consider other factors to. I would bet that how much the show costs is the main reason behind the decision regarding TCW, rather then the whole Disney want to move on from this era. It's probably part of it, but I would bet my hat that its the financial side of things was the real deal breaker here.

You may not like it but this business is about making $$ and the Clone Wars was not financially viable for Disney/Lucasfilm to continue.

But, at least, Disney are allowing production to continue on this show to finish stuff off. So far, The Clone Wars, is the only thing that has been allowed that to happen. We Clone Wars fans are luckier then the people who wanted the 3D releases, 1313, the other computer games, and Detours. At least we simply haven't been cut off completely.

I love the Clone Wars show, don't get me wrong, I'd love it to continue but at least I can live with the fact that we are still getting new material for TCW (I don't care for the other cancelled/delayed stuff as they are not my cup of tea). There is still a bright future for us as TCW fans, for the other people who wanted the other things. they haven't. We're lucky that we are going to get new TCW regardless of the cancellation.

24. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    I'm honestly happy as long as we get a good wrap-up of sorts to Anakin and Obi-Wan's TCW arc to lead into ROTS. I don't require the show to end directly on the Battle of Coruscant, I'd just like to see a bit of Anakin/Obi-Wan friendship now that Ahsoka has left.

Valairy Scot and hlc88 like this.
  25. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Well, to me my prediction is not necessarily a pessimistic one, just realistic; I won't really be heartbroken if we do get what I said above, because TCW had to end sometime and it had been including way too much filler for its five season run already. I'd like them to wrap everything up the right way, and I'm glad Disney and LFL are letting them do that while still applying pressure to wrap things up now instead of continuing to drag things out because it's fun.

Totally agree on the other part of your post, BTW. Disney knows a thing or two about how to make money. :p