main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars Collecting

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by TheProtocol, Mar 17, 2013.

1. TheProtocol

TheProtocol Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 2, 2012
    Hi all,

I was wondering the best places to acquire Star Wars Collectibles? (Statues, busts, lightsabers etc).

I'm looking to start a collection and am wondering the best place to start. I've had a look at Sideshow and that's pretty cool but was wondering what other resources are available for newbie's.

2. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
  3. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    There's always eBay as well. If you go that route be sure to check the seller's feedback before bidding. If you're into mini-busts be sure to check out Gentle Giant.

4. Ani501st

Ani501st Jedi Padawan star 3

Mar 18, 2013
    Ebay is a good place to buy. My Vader Lightsaber I got it in a local store and my Sideshow 12inch in different stores in internet same for the statues. For Hasbro figures both internet and local stores are good, depending on the price.
    So the best place to buy star wars collectibles in my point of view is probably internet.

5. TheProtocol

Nov 2, 2012
    Thank you so much! I can't wait to check out the links and get my collecting on! I'm happy to see a couple of Australian sites.

6. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Just a note that the list hasn't been updated in awhile. You might find that some sites are no longer in business.

7. TheProtocol

Nov 2, 2012
    Thanks for the tip!

8. J_Girl

J_Girl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 18, 2001
    So what are you interested in collecting first? Figures? Ships? Playsets? Lightsabers?

9. TheProtocol

Nov 2, 2012
    Mmm probably lightsabers and the 6"/12" statues.

10. J_Girl

J_Girl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 18, 2001
    Sounds like a good place to start. Keep us updated on what you get. :) I'm always interested in knowing what someone is collecting.

11. TrakNar

TrakNar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2011
    For collecting on the cheap, eBay is a good source. If you're planning to display your items out of their package, I suggest looking for previously-displayed items. They may not have their original boxes, but you get a great item at a really great price. Two pieces in my collection are previously-displayed items.

12. Roberto Calrissian

Roberto Calrissian Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 26, 2012
    I don't collect at all but respect to those that do. I admire/marvel at some of the great star wars collection some people have.

TrakNar likes this.