main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation Opening Scene of Episode VII

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Darth EL Pollo Loco, Jan 30, 2013.

1. Echo-07

Echo-07 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2012
    I don't believe for a second that so many Alderaanians survided that constitutes having their own planet. The survivors could easily be absorbed into Corsuant or Corellia or someplace.

2. johnrain39

johnrain39 Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 30, 2012
    There is a huge musical number in a large room. You see alien dance crews and a live band rivaling that of the Max Rebo band with an appealing lead singer...

Rotta the Hutt is now fully grown. Some of his entertainment staff force a young teen girl to do her own song and dance number. She is a Togruta female with soulful blue eyes.

Rotta remembers another Togruta who once saved his life and takes compassion on the slave girl. It turns out she is related to Ahsoka!

3. awesomejedi

awesomejedi Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 7, 2012
    Here's my dream opening scene.

After the crawl the camera pans down and we see The Falcon heading towards a desolate planet. We then see Jedi Master Jaina Solo and Jedi Knight Ben Skywalker. They have a conversation that
    informs us that a terrorist group, Death Watch, a group thought long dead, has rumored to have resurrected itself with a new goal: galactic domination. The leader of Manadalore has no idea the Jedi
    are coming and he is very hostile to Jedi. Ben asks who the leader is and Jaina says it's Boba Fett. Then they begin to be fired apon by a ship that came out of nowhere. Slave 1!

4. hawkeye forever

hawkeye forever Jedi Knight

Oct 30, 2012
    As I mentioned in a previous post there are 6.32 million Americans (excluding the military) living in other countries. If 6.32 million out of a total population of 300-320 million is in other countries than it is perfectly acceptable for there to be a substantial number of 'survivors' of Alderaan's destruction. IMO i would say that thousands of tens of thousands survivors is too low. It would make more sense if the number is actually in the tens of millions, since Alderaan's population had been 2 billion. Also Alderaan has a sister planet, Delaya, that is populated and odds are a substantial number of Alderaan natives would have been on that planet as well.

Why would the survivors want to relocate to Coruscant or Corellia? Coruscant is overpopulated already and Corellia's isolationism and militarism would not fit with Alderaan's pacifism. There are millions of planets in the Star Wars galaxy and a substantial number of them are not populated. It would be fairly simple to find an unpopulated planet suitable for colonization and move the survivors there. It is similar to the creation of Israel after World War 2 for the Jewish survivors of the Holocaust.

5. Chrono85

Chrono85 Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 31, 2012
    It would be darn cool if the opening shot is the Millennium Falcon flying overhead :).

JainaSoloYJK and Echo-07 like this.
  6. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    It should, and I'm betting will, open with a ship in space

Echo-07 and Darth Chiznuk like this.
  7. SenateGuardBlue

SenateGuardBlue Jedi Youngling

Jun 6, 2003
    I'll do a bit farther than an opening scene....

Camera pans down, we are looking at Coruscant and there are hundreds of ships around the planet battling (reminiscent of III). The camera falls through the battle and onto the city planet where the surface of the planet is covered in ground battles. We don't know who the attackers are, though we think we might see a flicker of a red lightsaber as we quickly zoom past.

A young man with a roguish air (not unlike Han Solo) and dressed in a diplomatic corps uniform is darting through the city, two droids rushing to keep pace, trying to make a landing pad to evacuate the city. A young female jedi catches up to him and saves him from an attacker, then says she was sent to make sure he, and the droids, make it off the planet. She gives a measured look to R2, who swivels his dome and beeps in a knowing response.

The young man receives a message that the main air strip has been destroyed, and they have to find alternate transport. The jedi quickly leads him to a small, public ship hanger where where they stumble on 2 thieves breaking into the last available 'space-worthy' ship. The jedi quickly 'convinces' the thieves to let them tag along.

A harrowing chase ensues and the ship proves it has a few surprises as one of the thieves deftly pilots. They are about to jump to light speed when a few squadrons of old fashioned TIEs cuts them off. They prove too much for the old ship and the shields are failing and numerous fires erupt, it is clearly a losing battle when two of the TIEs erupt into fireballs.

A loud whoop fills the air as the Millenium Falcon zooms into view. The Falcon is drawing fire away from the little fleeing ship. The pilot thief takes advantage of the distraction and slips through the TIEs, preparing to make the jump to hyperspace. The diplomat fights with the thieves, he wants them to stay and help the Falcon. The jedi helps to restrain the diplomat, trying to explain that their ship is almost dead in the air and they can't help. Besides that they need to escape if the Republic is going to survive, she glances again at R2.

As the Falcon is overwhelmed by TIEs, the fleeing ship makes the jump to hyperspace . The Falcon explodes.

8. Jabberwock2137

Jabberwock2137 Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 16, 2013
    Well I may as well get this out of my system where it´s been mulling for eons……!
    My take on Episode VII….
    Opening scene:- The Falcon and a T-wing(designs available to order) descending on Coruscant
    “so kid you finally got rid of that old X-wing then!”
    “It didn´t survive the journey back from The Brillig System……& will you please stop calling me KID!!”
    The T-wing peels off and The Falcon edges down a long vertical shaft where it lands at the bottom
    (Han and Leias twins and a group of 4 or 5 padawans have been kidnapped and taken down into the sordid underbelly of Coruscant, where they are being held by the criminal overlords of the city planets sewers. Han & Chewie received a tip from an unknown contact on Coruscant and with Luke´s help they are setting out to rescue the kids)
    Luke sets off to disable the power generators that are shielding the prisoners and take on the ring leaders while Han and Chewie rendezvous with the mysterious contact (Hooded and monk-like) and head for the cells.
    Han and Chewie fake a fight and Chewie throws Han against a wall in order to get closer to the guards who they overpower and with the shields down and with Luke back with them they rescue the kids. Upon leaving the cells however they are attacked and separated. Han and Luke with Han´s little girl and the Padawans. Chewie with the Monk and Han´s son. Han and Luke reach a loading bay where they find a speeder and decide to take it down the tight tunnels of the sub-structure in order to escape
    Han ”Now that´s what I call a speeder” (the speeder seems ideal for the task) They all pile on the speeder and just as Luke senses imminent danger(bad guys arriving or something else??) Han slips the clutch and starts the speeder. They are all immediately thrown against the console(Luke losing his Light-Sabre) because the speeder is attached to a tennis court sized loader, which stops the speeder dead. Nearby explosions announce the arrival of their persecutors so Han lights up the loader and flies the whole thing down a narrow tunnel (too narrow to maneuver). Various assailants end up on the loader (one with the Light-Sabre) and Luke has to defend the group hand to hand(with the help of flying objects launched by the Padawans) until he gets his Sabre back and finishes them off. The speeder has been damaged and can´t stop or turn with the loader attached so Han and Luke have to be held by the legs by the Padawans over the edge of the speeder in order to cut the tow cables (Has to be at exactly the same moment or it will veer off and crash)
    Han “why do you always get me into these situations?”
    Luke “don´t worry I´m taking care of it!!”
    They cut the cables and are able to duck into access tunnels to get back to the Falcon, where they alight and prepare for take off. More explosions and the Falcon is being attacked from the hundreds of floors above. Luke mans the top cannons and clears a way through. The Falcon makes it out but with a lot of damage.
    Meanwhile Chewie is defending Han´s son with the Monk in tow. He shows the full fury of an angry Wookie, running at speed, carrying the boy and climbing the walls whilst roaring and cutting the assailants to shreds(The most valiant display of heroism as get seen in this sector!!). Eventually they arrive at a dead end get surrounded and have to punch through a door in order to escape. The door happens to be a lift and takes them hundreds of floors up. Upon reaching to roof of the building they are greeted by a handful of speeder-bikes flying around raining fire on them, the route down is blocked from below and eventually the top of the building goes up in a ball of flames!! Chewie, using his body to shield the boy is thrown off the top of the skyscraper and plummets earthward. The ´monk´ Leaps deftly up to one of the passing speeder-bikes smacks the pilot takes the controls and flies vertically down after the falling Wookie and boy. He catches up and tries to break their fall but it´s too much weight and they continue plummeting.
    Enter the Falcon, which breaks their fall. They hit hard, Chewie lifeless, the boy is catapulted towards the propulsion unit and hangs on for dear life crying out for his father. The speeder-bike explodes on the side of the Falcon but the ´monk´ lands deftly on the deck and as Han is appearing on the deck in the lift the monk manages to snatch the boy out of harms way and pulls him to safety.
    (the monk by the way is Mace Windu((I mean who dies of falling out of a window!!?), Who after a dozen or two years going absolutely bonkers and consumed by hatred for the Skywalkers is putting his plan into action to ingraciate himself with the clan and turn the siblings to his loony odious side to the force!!)
    There´s a lot more to it but……..

9. IG_2000

IG_2000 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 5, 2008
    A ship commanded by Master Skywalker is attacked by a hidden enemy in a remote star system. Luke is cloaked in his black shroud which covers his face and he is only referred to as "General". The ship is then boarded, he is referred to as "Master Skywalker", removes his hood, and ignites his green blade.

Jizz everywhere.

10. DarthPoppy

DarthPoppy Jedi Master star 4

May 31, 2005
    Exterior, Tattoine. Old dilapidated building crumbling in the dessert with falling sign reading Tosche Station.
    A tricked out landspeeder approaches. Out comes Luke Skywalker. He enters abandoned building, brushing away sand from the dusty shelves within, looking through old boxes and crates for something. Finally, he finds what he is looking for, he smiles, and says "Yes, at long last, the Power Converters are MINE!!!! I will now CONVERT POWER!!! INFINITE POWER!!!!"

DarthBreezy likes this.
  11. darthzac14

darthzac14 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 8, 2012
    I want to get thrown right into the middle of a battle much more intense than the Battle above Coruscant in RotS

12. fistofan1

fistofan1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 8, 2009
    I'm hoping for a space battle, perhaps with Wedge commanding the Alliance fleet, with the Falcon swooping in to save the day. It would be a great way to re-introduce the Big Three and capitalize on the nostalgia factor.

13. jedimikey

jedimikey Jedi Padawan star 2

Oct 21, 2012
    Didn't we do this whole opening scene thing at least once already?

Ok, here goes...again: pan down and to the left from synopsis starfield. We see a sleek, never-before-seen starship entering the Coruscaant atmosphere. Following it's decent to the surface, a capital New Republic (or GFFA) ship looms in the background. The ship touches down on the Jedi Temple landing field, next to a much more familiar ship: the Falcon. Work is being done on the temple.

Han and Leia, along with a few others, stand by the Falcon, waiting for the other ship to land. The door slides open and the ramp lowers to the ground...a hooded figure in dark robes comes down the ramp. At the bottom, he pauses and throws back the hood to reveal a widely grinning Luke Skywalker. He rushes over to greet his sister and best friend. The others with Han and Leia are soon revealed to be Jaina, Jag, and Allana. Artoo follows Luke out of the ship and greets Threepio and Anji.

Together, the group walks up to the Temple talking excitedly.

In the distance, a mysterious figure watches them enter the temple.

14. Resolution

Resolution Jedi Padawan

Mar 12, 2013
    It will start with Han and Leia fighting over Lando wanting to stay the night because he's smuggling power converters for Luke who lives on Dagobah.

15. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Han, Luke, Lando, and Chewie are sitting around a campfire. Luke then stares at Lando with a focused expression causing Lando's head to explode. Han panics, picks up his blaster, slips on a banana peel, and falls in the fire. Chewie takes off his head cover revealing that it's been Palpatine this whole time! Luke takes off his mask revealing Evil Padme!

16. Anakin's Daddy

Anakin's Daddy Force Ghost star 4

Aug 13, 2002
    I'd love to see the Millennium Falcon in the opening scene.

17. Marc McAllister

Marc McAllister Jedi Padawan

Mar 14, 2013
    Vestara Khai/Tenel Ka/Tahiri Veila/Mara Jade is onboard a commercial spaceship/a jumbo jet, in the Imperial Remnant. The ship crashes. Mara/whoever is the only survivor.

18. Eeth-my-Koth

Eeth-my-Koth Jedi Grand Master star 9

May 25, 2001
    There will be the opening crawl and then we will pan a direction toward a planet in the background and a ship passing in the foreground.

19. smudger9

smudger9 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 29, 2007
    My take is that they won't have the big three together from the start. They'll be separated by the story and part of the anticipation of the film will be them finally meeting.
    Leia will be on Coruscant as chancellor.
    Han will be caught up in a fight in the falcon.
    Luke and a small number of Jedi will be on Yavin or Ilum, exiled by an untrusting republic senate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20. clone3131

clone3131 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2004
    If there is an X-Wing battle in the Opening Scene, i may need a moist towel.....

-C

21. Jedi General Gelderd

Jedi General Gelderd Jedi Master star 5

Mar 6, 2004
    I have the feeling it will be another battle on the scale of 'Revenge Of The Sith' where we will be thrown straight into action with new/old faces and I'm certian starships we know and love.

They're going to tease the hell out of us with the posters and trailers, so on opening night I think it will be straight into action, a climatic battle between the Republic and the villains (Empire remnant mabye).

Either way, I'm thinking it's on the 'ROTS' scale, not the 'ANH' scale.

22. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Have to agree except I hope it opens with a Star Destroyer on fire and pans onto the new villains whomever they attacking an Imperial Shipyard or the Imperial Remnant home world and are beating them into submission.

Obi_Wan_Gelderd likes this.
  23. Jedi General Gelderd

Jedi General Gelderd Jedi Master star 5

Mar 6, 2004
    That would be epic to see, a symbol of all that tyranny and evil during 3 films (5 if you want to include the prequel versions) brought down in moments as the film opens by a bigger, larger force! That will be ace....good idea!

24. Jcuk

Jcuk Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 16, 2013
    I have to say I disagree. Why does there HAVE to be a big CGI battle at the beginning? How about, something a bit more serene? How about the story builds toward a battle scene? How about character development done correctly so when the (inevitable) battle scene occurs, we actually give a damn as to who's battling and WHY their battling?

25. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Sort of like Force Heretic 1 Remnant from the NJO series if you read the EU. The villains are trashing the Imperial home world. Ha ha lol. The symbol of tyranny brought down by a bigger threat. They are the first to fall. Someone goes the the Rebels but they are ignored.

Obi_Wan_Gelderd likes this.