main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion When will you see Episode VII?

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Feelicks, Mar 17, 2013.

?

When will you see VII?

1. Midnight showing

65.9%
  2. Anytime during opening day

31.9%
  3. A few weeks later

11.0%
  4. A few months later

2.2%
  5. Never

3.3%
  6. Other

4.4%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. ForceJumpAnakin

ForceJumpAnakin Force Ghost star 4

Dec 24, 2006
    Too tired to see a movie at midnight. I'll see it the weekend of.

2. Beautiful_Disaster

Beautiful_Disaster Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 12, 2005
    Midnight showing all the way. And I can't wait to stand in line again to buy the tickets! :)

3. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    I'm never going to see it. I don't have to see it to stay here and trash it endlessly, in fact it's funnier if I don't see it.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  4. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    I'll be there at the midnight showing on opening night with some friends. Afterwards we'll get some breakfast then pick up our families to watch the film again at a more reasonable hour. There's no way I'll wait a second longer than I have to. :p

T-R- likes this.
  5. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I'm too damn old for a midnight showing. If I'm up that late, I'm in pajamas, which wouldn't go over very well at a theater. Plus I don't like crowds, so...two weeks later after some of the hype has died, and I'm still hoping nobody will spoil it for me.

Nope, I'm not demanding at all...

6. Ridley Solo

Ridley Solo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 27, 2010
    If I can afford it and find a ride, midnight, opening show. No contest. In full Jedi costume if I can manage it, in my most geeky Star Wars T-shirt and lightsaber if not.

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  7. P.Sam

P.Sam Jedi Padawan star 1

May 31, 2011
    Haha any serious SW fan simply cannot ''never'' see it. I mean this is Star Wars and even though Lucas is not in charge on this film nonetheless talented people will work on it. I do not expect E7 to exceed the OT but I won't mind something above the PT.

I will most likely see it the first day it comes out in my local theater, probably at an evening showing.

8. DARTHSHAME

DARTHSHAME Jedi Master star 4

Dec 19, 2003
    Midnight showing? " I am getting too old for this sort of thing." :p

I will likely go during the opening day, but not midnight.

9. DARTHSHAME

DARTHSHAME Jedi Master star 4

Dec 19, 2003
    Always nice to see a couple celebrate Star Wars. My wife grows tired of my fandom. It reminds me of waiting in line at Toys R Us, back in 1999, for the midnight release of the Phantom Menace figures, when I met a couple who just had a daughter 1 week old. They named the girl Anakin.

10. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    Any time during opening day.

Man, TPM's release date seems like a lifetime ago, don't it?

11. Llew

Llew Jedi Youngling

Oct 31, 2012
    Opening day, but not the midnight release. I'm looking forward to seeing VII for the first time with my kid in tow, and she's a bit too young to go to a midnight show. Probably the noon showing, or something similar.

12. EMPEROR_WINDU

EMPEROR_WINDU Force Ghost star 5

Nov 23, 2002
    It is nice that she encourages me lol. I have a feeling though that if we had been together during the PT run she would have grown tired of my fandom by now. She doesn't fully know the power of my fanaticism :p

13. T-R-

T-R- Chosen One star 5

Aug 13, 2003
    Sounds about right.

Midnight showing, then showing in 3D right after. We'll see it a few times opening week and then a few more times as the run goes on.

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  14. lbr789

lbr789 Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 27, 2013
    Midnight if I can get tickets. I'll combine my first SW movie in a theater with my first midnight premier ever. And I'll see if I can drag my sister with me. (She loves SW but is not a night owl like me) And I'll have to put an outfit together, naturally. :D
    If I can't get tickets then I'll try for the first day.
    Either way, I'll see it as many times in the theater as I can afford. :)

15. T-R-

T-R- Chosen One star 5

Aug 13, 2003
    We went to the midnight showing for all 3 prequels and I wanted to share a funny story about the midnight showing for AotC.

We got sat in the theater about a half hour beform the film started. Next to us was a group of teenagers and a few were in costume. One had a laptop and was watching TPM. His girlfriend was making fun of him for his costume because it had a lot of duck tape on it. This led to his theory that duck tape was the perfect embodiment of the Force. It had a lightside, a darkside, and bound everything together.

We couldn't stop laughing and neither could his friends.

16. Padme501st

Padme501st Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 4, 2006
    Midnight showing and if not possible, opening day

Hopefully both!
    And several more times that weekend I'm sure, unless it's just awful in which case I'll wait maybe a week after my first viewing

Darth Chiznuk and T-R- like this.
  17. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
    If its good I will most likely see it the weekend with my little sister *who will be 8 when it comes out*. She recently has gotten a HUGE obsession with Star Wars *thanks to me. tehe* and has been talking about episode 7 and Luke Skywalker *who she calls her boyfriend since she is kind of obsessivly in love with him* almost nonstop.

18. Darthsuggs

Darthsuggs Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 28, 2003
    Midnight showing or the 7:00 PM showing that most studios seem to be pushing as the opening.

19. T-R-

T-R- Chosen One star 5

Aug 13, 2003
    You did explain to her that Luke is going to be the same age as Ben right? Don't want her being mad that her boyfriend is the old Jedi Master.

20. Darth Claire

Dec 21, 2012
    She is currenly in BIG denial over the whole "Luke skywalker is now old". She seems to think he's gunna be young and pretty and gets all pissed off at me when I tell and show her otherwise. Tis a shame. And she refuses to watch the prequels or Star Trek 2009 *you know..with people who are still pretty*. I feel kinda bad for her. I tell her all the time that he's not the same but she just ends up crying. :(

21. T-R-

T-R- Chosen One star 5

Aug 13, 2003
    :( sorry to hear it. As she gets older the closer we get to 2015 she might change.

22. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    I will watch it every single day.

No I won't.

23. Darth Claire

Dec 21, 2012
    She's a stubborn girl. Like I just made a video with her and I swear the entire time she's just ranting on the fact that Hamill isn't pretty anymore and how she basicly DEMANDS he be the same as before. She also seems to hate the idea of new characters taking the attention away and thinks Leia shouldn't return cause she's crazy. Interesting things to hear from a 6 year old.

24. T-R-

T-R- Chosen One star 5

Aug 13, 2003
    Oh no, not another member of the "actors are too old and fat" club?;) She hasn't started any of those million different threads has she?

25. Darth Claire

Dec 21, 2012
    I dont think so but I fear she might when she gets old enough. She's totally gunna become a purist because she's already ranting about the continuity errors in the Star Wars childrens books I buy her. She was all "This never happened! This is wrong!". I'm like "Girl, this is just a kids book! Stop freaking out!". Also she seems to think that she can bribe Hamill into getting pretty again....and she also thinks Lucas is trying to steal her money. Its funny. I just keep telling her "Sam I bet Hamill is aware that he has to get in shape so stop freaking out!"

Padme501st likes this.