main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation Will they know who Padme is?

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Allana_Rey, Dec 30, 2012.

1. Son of a Bith

Son of a Bith Jedi Master star 4

Feb 28, 2013
    See my reply above - I was just curious about the EU. My main point is about film continuity.

2. Eeth-my-Koth

Eeth-my-Koth Jedi Grand Master star 9

May 25, 2001

3. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    That and it was Palpatine's home planet.

4. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    It developed Padme's character for me who was not as developed in AOTC and ROTS as in TPM.

5. Son of a Bith

Feb 28, 2013
    Good point - I always forget that!

6. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    Hahahahaha. Now you know.

7. Son of a Bith

Feb 28, 2013
    He's such a force of nature it's easy to forget he started as the black sheep of one of Naboo's aristocratic houses.

edit: The more I think about it the more I think Palpatine and Vader erased as much information regarding their lives pre-empire as possible.

8. Eeth-my-Koth

Eeth-my-Koth Jedi Grand Master star 9

May 25, 2001
    Just like George Lucas erased most of Boba Fett's EU backstory when he made Clones. :p

9. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    zing! Take that, Jaster Mareel...

fishtailsam likes this.
  10. bluemilkcheesypuffs77

bluemilkcheesypuffs77 Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 5, 2012
    I said midichlorian transfer during pregnancy... Like AIDS...

11. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Ugh. No thanks.

I'm hoping midichlorians are never mentioned again.

Captain Tom Coughlin and harpuah like this.
  12. natureboy76

natureboy76 Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 11, 2009
    I think it would be a nice way to link the trilogies...Padme is a important part of the Skywalker family--might bring closure to the ROTJ Endor scene with Luke and Leia discussing mum. :)

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  13. Orochi Oni

Orochi Oni Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 8, 2013
    I'm sure Anakin will have told Luke and Leia about their mother between ROTJ and Episode VII. Unless, of course, he only showed up for that Force Ghost Kodak moment at the end of ROTJ and was never seen again.

14. MazzMcK

MazzMcK Jedi Youngling

Nov 25, 2012
    I'm sure they will have some lovely family photo albums around somewhere!

15. themetresgained

themetresgained Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2013
    Off-topic, but some guy at a trivia night tried to tell me that Boba Fett's home planet is the same in the EU as it is in the films. I was like, bro, do you even realise how much EU material there was dedicated to Boba Fett before AotC was released that then had to be retconned? He just gave me a "what would a girl know" look.

The Bops likes this.
  16. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    I don't think he had a definite home planet before AOTC.

17. themetresgained

Feb 23, 2013
    It'd feel out of place for it to happen on-screen though - like, what took them so long to find this out? It really shouldn't be a huge plot point, just a passing reference. Perhaps they did some sleuthing over the years and recovered a holo of the two of them together and happy and have it in their house or something?

When it's established at the end of RotS that R2 has known everything about the Skywalker saga from the beginning, it's kind of begging to be referenced in some capacity. I hope it is established that the twins have reached closure about the history of their family.

18. themetresgained

Feb 23, 2013
    I reckon it could be surmised, though? But you're right, Kamino is established as that beyond a doubt.

19. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    Eh...maybe. There was the whole Jaster Mereel thing, then the whole "stormtrooper who murdered his superior officer thing", then some other things..it was messy.

But we're getting rather badly off-topic. Let's stick Fett in the EU thread, how about?

20. FRAGWAGON

FRAGWAGON Jedi Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    I do love the thought of Luke and Leia visiting Naboo. Great excuse to return to location shooting like Lake Como, Caserta Palace, and the Plaza de Espana.

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  21. markdeez33

markdeez33 Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 25, 2013
    I don't think it's necessary to mention it, but if it comes within the context of the films, I'm fine with it. Obviously, Luke/Leia would want to know who their mother is. But it's been 30-40 years since we've last seen our heroes, so it's probable they learned that information during that timeframe? We shall see.

themetresgained likes this.
  22. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    R2D2 knows who she is.

That doesn't mean he'll tell them though. He probably would, if anyone in-universe figured out that he basically knows the entire history of the Skywalkers, back to Shmi, and straight up asked him. But barring being asked, he doesn't seem particularly inclined to just spout information of his own volition. Even if it is info that would be of great interest to the listener. For example, he never told Luke that Vader was his father. If Luke had asked him straight up, he probably would have told him. But since Luke didn't know R2's history, he saw no reason to ask, since there was no reason to imagine this droid would know such a thing. And R2 declined to volunteer that detail off his own bat.

23. Placeholder

Placeholder Jedi Master star 4

Jan 30, 2013
    I think they probably don't mention her much if at all.

24. Darth slaughter

Darth slaughter Jedi Padawan star 1

Feb 22, 2013
    Will they care?
    Will we care is probably the better question? :)
    I don't think she'll be mentioned

25. fishtailsam

fishtailsam Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 30, 2003
    Dudes

Padme is going to be the villain.

[face_plain]