main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Official Info Here we go again...

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Grimby , Oct 30, 2012.

1. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
    I wish I knew what the internet and Star wars was during that time. It must have been insane. I wonder what EP7's "big reveal" pic that will break the internet will be

Darthsuggs likes this.
  2. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Hopefully, it is some new young Jedi in training, carrying Mark Hamill in a backpack.

eht13 and Darth Chiznuk like this.
  3. Darth Claire

Dec 21, 2012
    [face_rofl] I wonder what will get talked about more. The first pic of Hamill or the first picture of the new heroes. My guess...Hamill...by far.

4. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    If they do it through Hyperspace subscriptions, it will transpire as follows:

1: An out of focus close-up of brownish stubble will be released.
    2: The first 2 pages of this forum will be nothing but competing threads about how they showed us 1 square inch of what is obviously Hamill's beard.
    3: The film will be released and that pic was the inner lining of the coat of a background character who wound up deleted from the final cut of the film.

I wish I were kidding...

5. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    You know we would....

Darth Claire likes this.
  6. Darth Claire

Dec 21, 2012
    Haha...and probably a pic of a crew member standing around with a camera or some random numbers we're supposed to decipher *since thats just JJs thing*, and then probably just a pic of some character we never seen before and we'd all go crazy over who he is/what his role is/ect and he'd just end up being some background extra. Fun stuff

7. DarthBreezy

Jun 4, 2002
    [face_rofl] But oh, those days were fun... For me, 'Sleepness Knight' paid for it all....

8. Aaronaman

Aaronaman Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 12, 2013
    Didn't he have a few clones in the EU? Maybe one of them will pop up somewhere/somehow

9. A Chorus of Disapproval

Aug 19, 2003
    Since it is a JJ Abrams film, and I know the history of what type of rubbish is released to fans, I seriously hope that the first official pic is just a shot of lens flare... after they announce for weeks that a pic is coming... with a countdown clock.

Obey Wann and DarthBreezy like this.
  10. Darth Claire

Dec 21, 2012
    Totally. Countdown clocks to disappointment is the new thing. That and weird "Closeup of guys face staring at you" posters. Also the "Like this on facebook/twitter and when we reach 100,000 likes we give you a poster" (unfortunatly that poster will probably be a photoshopped mess...like with MOS)

11. A Chorus of Disapproval

Aug 19, 2003
  12. Darth Claire

Dec 21, 2012
    Sad but true. :(

13. Darth_Zidious

Darth_Zidious Force Ghost star 5

Dec 3, 2001
    The Hyperspace webcam was the awesomest thing in the world. At one point John Knoll timed the webcam with his watch so he could move some cheese between snapshots (like stop motion).

I can't imagine J.J. allowing anything like that.

DarthBreezy likes this.
  14. Darth Claire

Dec 21, 2012
    Yeah I heard he(JJ) went into uber rage mode when those Star Trek 2 set pics leaked. I can't imagine he'd allow anything that would give away any info. But gotta give the guy points for being dedicated to secrecy. ;)

15. A Chorus of Disapproval

Aug 19, 2003
    Thank God for his approach to letting fans know spoilers or there would have been a lot of people disappointed by the last episode of Lost.

16. Darth Claire

Dec 21, 2012
    Hahaha. :)

17. natureboy76

natureboy76 Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 11, 2009
    Well hopefully J.J.'s love for the SW franchise and classic SW films will ensure an new SW film with some heart and comedic moments present in the OT. I am a skeptic but I am also hopeful ;)

18. DarthBreezy

Jun 4, 2002
    You are just EVIL... I like that in a person. [face_love]

19. anakin_skywalker_sct

anakin_skywalker_sct Jedi Master star 5

Apr 18, 2001
    I had forgotten about that whole Hyperspace mess. I should have realised then and there what a terrible time we were in for with the prequels. Gouging loyal fans for tidbits of news and blurry images? Ugh. Unfortunately I was still young and hopeful, I had not been broken down in to a cane-wielding cynic. Still didn't pay for it though, regardless of my enthusiasm level for the films. Lucas had enough of my money from Micromachines.

20. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I had hyperspace for Ep III - on dialup! Used to take forever to load a pic. I still have a pic of someone in a Jango costume at a sewing machine that I saved when I saw it.

Edit - found it!

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  21. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
  22. A Chorus of Disapproval

Aug 19, 2003
    ^^^^ OMG!!!! There is going to be a location with a black & white checker pattern in Episode 3!!!

Boba Fett takes over his father's bounty hunting in episode III, but will end up enslaved in a sweatshop making cheap clothes. You cannot deny this... there is a picture!!!

(see how this works...)

23. Aaronaman

Aaronaman Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 12, 2013
    Isn't that Jango working not Boba haha?

24. A Chorus of Disapproval

Aug 19, 2003
    That was an Episode 3 picture. Context is key.

25. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Exactly. Of course Jango couldn't be enslaved in a sweatshop making clothes with no head. :p