main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CT Plot Holes in the CT

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by Klingon Padawan, Mar 12, 2013.

1. Aaronaman

Aaronaman Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 12, 2013
    Ye
    Yet he never brings it up with Luke....don't you think Luke would be interested to know that the droid he now owns spent years serving the father he never knew?

2. Chewbacca89

Chewbacca89 Jedi Master star 5

Oct 25, 2012
    Maybe, but it's irrelevant to this conversation. The fact is, it is not a plot hole or error.

3. Aaronaman

Mar 12, 2013
    Ah I actually thought it's quite a big plot hole because it essentially distances the two Obi-Wans from each other??? :confused:

4. Chewbacca89

Chewbacca89 Jedi Master star 5

Oct 25, 2012
    I guess we just disagree on this. I don't think it is a plot error because it is intentional.

DARTHSHAME likes this.
  5. DRush76

DRush76 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 25, 2008
    No show of grief over the destruction of Alderaan on Leia's part. What was Leia doing on Hoth and where were the other leaders of the Rebel Alliance? Exactly how many Rebel pilots took part in the battle of Yavin? I saw a great number of them during the medal ceremony at the end of ANH. Why did Obi-Wan claim that Owen Lars was his brother in ROTJ? He certainly gave no hint of this in ANH. Han and Leia's burgeoning attraction to each other at the beginning of ESB . . . what exactly led to it?

6. ILNP

ILNP Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 12, 2011
    1) Maybe she internalized her grief. Just because she didn't show grief doesn't mean she didn't feel grief.

2) I've seen this argument before and I don't understand it. Leia is an officer in the Rebel Alliance. Where else is she suppose to be aside from the frontline.

3) I think you're confusing the ground crews and troops for pilots.

4) I've never heard of Obi Wan referring to Owen Lars as his brother so can't answer that one

5) Err..... ok that one was weird.

7. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    It's in the RoTJ novelization.

8. Seagoat

Seagoat Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2013
    One of my points is still unanswered: Why Obi-Wan waited three years to tell Luke about Yoda.

darth ladnar likes this.
  9. Aaronaman

Mar 12, 2013
    He couldn't even remember R2 so there's no chance he'd remember Yoda lol

10. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    If you believe the Rebel Force books- he didn't yet trust Luke. He needed to be sure Luke wouldn't be another Anakin, before he would send him to Yoda.

darth ladnar and Seagoat like this.
  11. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    What happened to R2's jetpack?

12. Aaronaman

Mar 12, 2013
    ....and he managed to work that out in like the two days that Luke knew about the Force??

13. Seagoat

Seagoat Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2013
    Like father like son, I guess. Luke DID come quite close to the dark side in ROTJ, come to think of it.

14. Aaronaman

Mar 12, 2013
    I wouldn't really say he came close to the dark side in ROTJ, he rejected it even with Sith lightening being thrown at him

15. Darthbane2007

Darthbane2007 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 31, 2007

Do people forget that the second Death Star is only HALF COMPLETED?!

darth ladnar likes this.
  16. Klingon Padawan

Klingon Padawan Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 5, 2013
    He rejected it after pausing and realizing at the last second that he would turn to the darkside if he killed Vader. He came close to the darkside, but used reason to reject it at the last second.

Chewbacca89 likes this.
  17. DARTHSHAME

DARTHSHAME Jedi Master star 4

Dec 19, 2003
    Yes, but it is still a remarkable rate of progress given that the first Death Star took 19 years. To have it half complete in 4 years is amazing. Perhaps, there was new technology to assist in the construction. If that is the case then it should have been stated in the movie.

18. Darth Vader's Chest Plate

Darth Vader's Chest Plate Jedi Master star 2

Mar 18, 2013

Was the Death Star in ANH the first? They may have run many prototypes in the 19 year void. Let's be fair it's a project of huge proportions that's bound to involve a bit of trial and error, so the first 10-15 years could have been perfecting it.

Plus how do we know the second death star was started after after the first one was destroyed, it's initial construction may have been started before ANH.

darth ladnar, Andy Wylde and ILNP like this.
  19. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    I always assumed they were building a second Death Star in secret in case the first one failed. Why have just one when you can have more?

20. Placeholder

Placeholder Jedi Master star 4

Jan 30, 2013
    It's certainly possible, the movies don't really make it clear when construction began.

21. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    Exactly. It's all how you look at it.

22. Darthbane2007

Darthbane2007 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 31, 2007
    For all we know, they could have started construction 5 years before ANH...

23. DARTHSHAME

Dec 19, 2003
    I have never heard it mentioned in the EU that there were other Death Stars prior to the one seen in ANH. I have seen stories documenting delays and other stories surrounding Death Star I creation. I still contend that 19 years compared to 4 years is a bit much. I supposed one could speculate that Death Star II was under construction prior to Death Star I completion. That would seem a more plausible explanation.

24. KilroyMcFadden

KilroyMcFadden Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 31, 2012
    It is not accurate to burden the OT with this problem, as it wasn't a problem until 27 years later in Sith by George Lucas's inability to keep the story straight.

DARTHSHAME likes this.
  25. DARTHSHAME

Dec 19, 2003
    I can agree with this. Prior to Episode III we had nothing for comparison. In ROTJ, we all assumed the technology existed to produce a Death Star quickly. Good point.