main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

OOC Senate Aflame OOC/Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by Chewbacca89, Feb 25, 2013.

1. docking_bay94

docking_bay94 Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 26, 2008
    Hmm... I suppose mostly about the timeline of events, and Darth Aiser's rescue post.

2. Sarge221

Sarge221 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 9, 2006
    Eh, can be a difficult to understand what's going on, especially with a lot of us doing our own thing with a lot of reading and details that need to be taken in.

This latest post with the rescue attempt is kind of confusing when added into the bigger picture. Right now I'm just not sure where Kal should be right now or where the NGE is regrouping or what its doing.

3. Chewbacca89

Chewbacca89 Jedi Master star 5

Oct 25, 2012
    I can help clear this up tonight. Going to take a nap before work.

4. Chewbacca89

Oct 25, 2012
    After the main battle was over and the fleets had departed Corellia, Darth Aiser sent a small rescue task force to try to retrieve those on the planet.
    As far as where the NGE is regrouping, you should probably direct that question to Admiral Volshe. I don't have any control or influence towards that. Or come up with something on your own :p

5. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    I do think we need to slow down a bit; I've hurt myself offline and it's cramped my writing.

As to Byss, anyone who wonders that Byss was destroyed; Malkuth renamed the second planet in the Byss system (Relus) as Byss. It's not in the same orbit, obviously. And Byss was once the capital of the Rakatan Infinite Empire, for those who wanted to know ;)

Chewbacca89 likes this.
  6. Chewbacca89

Oct 25, 2012
    I agree. Too many people doing their own thing.

7. Shereshoy Cabur

Shereshoy Cabur Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 2, 2013
    seems like that would happen when there's chaos and destruction happening at such a large scale so quickly ;)

8. Chewbacca89

Oct 25, 2012
    I dont really have an issue with it. But it does explain why it's a bit hard to follow. I am not telling anyone to stop what they are doing...:p

9. Sarge221

Sep 9, 2006
    I think there was mentioning of one location being Sarapin but, as I mentioned before, with all that's going on I'm kind of lost of where to go or act from here; such as if Sarapin is viable or not anymore. Kal could always hitch a ride with our Hapan (awesomejedi) friend with a simple excuse of being low on fuel and could use the lift but obviously that decision is not mine :p

Main problem is certainly people doing their own thing which, to be fair, I may have kind of started. The current situation being a good example with Chewbacca saying the Empire retreated and Corellia has been blockaded but lo and behold we got an apparent rescue operation immediately after it. Meanwhile, the Empress is still waiting on replies and information from people on a battle that had just ended and there's apparently operations and other procedures already being made against an enemy that no one really knows anything about (such as the Vong fleet size being one big surprise).

Definitely a bit on the messy side. We got a lot of momentum in the beginning but I think its that momentum that had kind of propelled everyone much, much farther then they really should be. Need to start slowing down now that the opening act has been concluded.

10. Chewbacca89

Oct 25, 2012
    Sarapin is still viable and I believe the Empress is there as well. I agree that things should probably slow down so we can regroup.

11. Admiral Volshe

Admiral Volshe Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Yep, Sarapin is where we are.

I agree, we have had bits that have conflicted because of the posting speed. Should fix itself if we slow down the posts and read posts more carefully. I think it's just the details that are being missed that creates the issue.

I'm probably guilty of not paying attention to the details as much as I should.

--

Hope you feel better, Sinrebirth .

12. Chewbacca89

Oct 25, 2012
    It's a shared problem. I work about 60 hours a week so sometimes sleep deprivation on my part probably leads to me overlooking some of the more minor details. Like Imperial 1138 pointed out, this thing is over 150 pages long in Word!

Admiral Volshe likes this.
  13. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    Hope you heal up soon Sinre!

[​IMG]

14. Yuul_Shamar

Yuul_Shamar Jedi Master star 4

Nov 3, 2004
    Given that Admiral Omatta never heard any change in the council's planned course to Coruscant, I just had him and what was left of the fleet(Not counting any that made it out with the refugee ships) to an as of yet unknown random deep space location.

Chewbacca89 likes this.
  15. docking_bay94

Jul 26, 2008
    Yeah, I think my main confusion came because it's so disorganized right now, especially with the NGE people. However, the whole point of the NGE is order, so having the posts be this random goes against being part of the NGE. For instance, the Empress has called for everyone to regroup and plan, but there's an apparent rescue operation going on (which I'm still not sure how that works... As far as I know, it's still impossible to make hyperspace jumps into and out of a gravity well and/or planetary atmosphere). The leadership needs to sit down and figure out what's going on before we plunge into act 2.

16. awesomejedi

awesomejedi Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 7, 2012
    Sarge221, it would be okay with me if you wanted to hitch a ride, except I'm not going to Sarapin. I'm going to Mygeeto to meet the Grand Admiral, I think. Sorry.:)

17. Sarge221

Sep 9, 2006
    Wouldn't be much of a problem. If anything, it's a good way to keep some of us together and get some semblance of order with at least a percentage of the players that the GMs won't have to worry too much about :p

18. Crystalia

Crystalia Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 24, 2013
    hey,

Sistros here, creator and founder of New Galactic Empire, Febrayasis and Vasalians etc.

Been reading with great interest the events that have transpired which seem to have lead to some sort of confusion, I must admit I've been reading mostly events of Naire and things related.

The plan was (as of a week or so ago) that Sistros himself would be included in the RP, (played by my Sistros account) and that his role would be ressurecting the old sages and Naires nemesis Mekonah to defeat her once and for all,

was just wondering with everything that has gone on (confusion and everything) whether this would be a good idea at this time,

19. Sarge221

Sep 9, 2006
    Welp, so much for being left in suspense as to how the situation will be resolved :p

20. awesomejedi

Nov 7, 2012
    Sarge221, if you want to hitch a ride with the Hapans to Mygeeto, then that's fine with me.

21. Darth Aiser

Darth Aiser Jedi Master star 4

May 26, 2006
    Ya The rescue plot that I got thrown in was heavily altered because it was originally written with their still being a NGE fleet in place that was trapped, I tried to make it sound that the rescue missions came out of Hyperspace right at the edge of the Gravity well. and they the jumped right as the exited the gravity well, The Turbulant Class S.D. are the Fastest SD class i could find. they were to orginally have the Trapped fleet send Shuttles to surface then the Rescue fleet would come from behind the planet using the SlingShot manuver that Han Solo created and then using the Atmoshpereic drag to slow the fleet to pick up the shuttles and then they would charge a Flank of the Vong Forces to escape with the fleet. It was a last minute rescue effort before corellia became Occupied. So I used info from the Naire post and with the timeing was right after the NGE fleet had fled so the Vong fleet would have still been in Disarray. I was planning the rescue post before the Blockade and Occupation. I am sorry for any confusion my post had made.

22. docking_bay94

Jul 26, 2008
    Thanks very much, Aiser, that makes a lot more sense. I'll get a post up soon.

23. Jumpin_Jesus

Jumpin_Jesus Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 9, 2012
    gah, sorry Genet-Cabur Kyramud and Sinrebirth, but I probably won't be able to make a "good" post until maybe Thursday, or Wednesday night if I'm ahead of schedule which I don't expect to be with the amount of work I have.

24. Sarge221

Sep 9, 2006
    Cool, cool, I guess I'll do that. You can make a post about the Predators from Kal's remains of his fighter wing docking with the Battle Dragons or I can. Just that if you decide to wait for me, I'm about to head to work and then straight to bed after that so you'll be waiting a few hours :p

25. awesomejedi

Nov 7, 2012
    Would you mind doing that post? I can wait a few hours, and I have homework.