main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

TV Discussion LACWAC Member Interviews (★☆★ SpecialOpsUnit & Fives_Says_No_To_Sixes ★☆★)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by AkashKedavra_93, Sep 4, 2012.

1. Coric

Coric Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 19, 2011
    Oh we've handled that one over XBL.

Fanboy's accent isn't that strong..

2. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    Your name's Tracy?!
    The things you learn in the interview thread!
    My name's Jack, btw, guys.

3. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    :eek:

4. Arrian

Aug 15, 2011
    I kept it secret thus far, but I thought I'd better share it.

Billy_Dee_Binks likes this.
  5. Darth Ibonek

Darth Ibonek Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 11, 2013
    I have a deep hatred for Scousers when it comes to football. Probably because I'm a Mancunian...

6. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    I was playing with some Redditors and I was told I sounded even more British than this other British guy who had quite a thick Cockney accent.

CT-867-5309 I do indeed. Two younger brothers, Alex and Oliver. Right pains in the arse. They're non-identical twins, which is always a conversation starter. It's a bit harsh really because Alex is the one that seems 'older' of the two and we refer to him as the middle son, even though they're the same age. You wouldn't know if you weren't told.

Ollie's a real bro. Absolutely crazy, but really nice. Growing up he was always the crazy kid, although in the last couple years he's matured a lot. I think it's down to the fact that after GCSEs they got separated and went to different colleges, which allowed him to come into his own. The two of them are best friends but man do they ever kick off. Ollie is obsessed with football, he lives for it. Everyone in my family (except me) is well into the sport, but Ollie's definitely the keenest. I envy Alex because he's taller than me, he's way more socially adept than me and he's in way better shape too. He's a real cool guy. Bit full of himself sometimes, which never ceases to piss my parents off. But you can get on with him really well. He's also really into MLP. Other than that, he's pretty normal.

As cool as it is to have two brothers, I do sometimes wish I had a sister. She would've straightened us all out. As is we're pretty screwed up, ha.

Being the oldest sibling, I miss the days when I was bigger than them and I could push them around. The end of an era :_|

7. CT-867-5309

Jan 5, 2011
    Non-identical twins, eh?
    [​IMG]

True bros are the best. I have an older brother, who is 8 years older, and two sisters. I'm third of four. Everyone says my brother and I are just alike, his wife said we have our own language. Everyone says we look alike, just eight years apart. I guess it's true. He's responsible for getting me into Star Wars at a very young age, and the stuff we watched together had a huge influence on my taste in movies/television.

Alright ImNotAStarWarsFanboy, I'm not sure I like this question, but it's part of the journey...

What were you like as a kid? Let's separate it into two eras, pre-pubescent and post, primary school and secondary school. What kind of student were you? How was your behavior? How would you describe yourself socially?

Paint us a picture. Figuratively, of course.

Last question I'll post for now.

8. Orrelios

Orrelios Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 21, 2005
    Is it just me or are there a lot more personal questions involved this time around? Usually there were mostly questions related to LACWAC, TCW and SW in general.

9. Arrian

Aug 15, 2011
    It's much more interesting than the generic and boring SW questions. Though, yes, some people could be unnerved about sharing details of themselves online, I suppose.

10. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    In which case... don't sign up for the interviews. :p

11. Arrian

Aug 15, 2011
    Speaking of which, I volunteer.

12. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    Oh ****. The ruckus has been brought.

13. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Interviews are supposed to be personal. That's kind of the point.

SithStarSlayer likes this.
  14. Orrelios

Feb 21, 2005
    Personally, I like the pre-break interview model better since it had a focus on LACWAC, SW and TCW but still had non-SW related questions like what ones favorite movies are and such; look at the first post in the thread for example.

CaptainRex115 likes this.
  15. Coric

Coric Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 19, 2011
    When we did this before, on the Temps, it was SO. BORING.

All the questions were the same (with minor changes every so often)

Interviews should be about getting to know a member of LACWAC rather than seeing their views on SW and TCW (which might already be obvious due to their posting here)

eht13 likes this.
  16. K'Kruhk

K'Kruhk Jedi Master star 4

Dec 11, 2011
    I like the style of the new-look interviews, I'll join the que for another one. I was the first user to be interviewed on the temp boards, and the questions have gotten better since then.

Coric likes this.
  17. Orrelios

Feb 21, 2005
    Just want to clarify that when I said 'pre-break' I was talking about the one that started in January this year when we awaited for season 5 to end, not the break with the temporary board; I don't remember the temp board interview thread.

18. CT-867-5309

Jan 5, 2011
    Both sides are valid. I asked Fanboy what kind of interview he would like before this started and he said he wanted it more personal and conversational, and less about Star Wars/TCW.

There WILL be Star Wars related questions during this interview, I just haven't gotten to them.

Anyone being interviewed by me can specify what kind of interview they would like. I will do my best to tailor the interview to you personally. They can also request to be interviewed by someone else, I would not be offended.

I'm not the only person who will be conducting the interviews. I believe AkashKedavra will be conducting interviews, you can check out his style earlier in this thread. I'm of the opinion that his interview with Barriss_Coffee was the best one so far. ToddtheJedi, another cool guy, has also volunteered to conduct interviews.

If anyone here wants to volunteer to interview a specific candidate and that candidate only, they can. You don't have to take it on as a full time job. I specifically volunteered to interview Fanboy because I like the guy, I think it could make for better interviews if e-friends interviewed e-friends, for obvious reasons.

From my point of view, I'm not very interested in asking questions about Star Wars. That's what the rest of the JCF is for, that's what the rest of LACWAC is for. For anyone who has posted here for any significant amount of time, all that info is here in this forum. I know your favorite SW this and that. This is a chance to get more intimate with the rest of a person.

For newbs or people who don't post often, more SW questions makes more sense, imo. We aren't as familiar with their opinions on SW, and we don't really know enough about them to make an interview personal.

Star Wars questions are absolutely valid questions, this is a Star Wars forum, we all have a passion for Star Wars (most of us, at least), we all find it entertaining (most of us, at least) and the previous interviewees have come up with some very amusing answers to Star Wars questions.

I'm trying to make this fun and informative for everyone, I'm hoping it will bring the entire LACWAC community together, because we're going to need it to survive in any significant capacity while we're waiting for the next LACWAC-relevant Star Wars project.

/wall of text

I'm always open to PMs if anyone has any questions.

eht13, JackG, Barriss_Coffee and 7 others like this.
  19. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    I'd be up for another go around with fewer Star Wars questions. But with the number of people still in the queue and with the number of those wanting to be interviewed again, it'll be awhile and I'll probably forget.

How's February 3rd, 2014 at 1:30 PM sound? :p

SithStarSlayer likes this.
  20. CT-867-5309

Jan 5, 2011
    I'll have to check my schedule.

you're now on the list

21. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

Feb 25, 2011
    I'll answer the next question when I get back from library later tonight. Looks like it'll take a while to type out.

22. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

Feb 25, 2011
    Okay, there is an answer to the question incoming. I have decided that since I hardly remember anything about what I was like as a child, I'm going to add it to the mental list of topics to bring up with my mum on the drive back home for Easter recess tomorrow. When I've done some research, I'll get right on it.

23. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Are you admitting you've suffered from amnesia? How do you know your mother's your real mum? How do you know your current family doesn't, y'know, have anything to do with the people who gave GG colors?

SithStarSlayer and CT-867-5309 like this.
  24. Darth_Zandalor

Darth_Zandalor Jedi Master star 4

Aug 2, 2009
    He was built to be the greatest killing machine the forums have ever seen. He was planted with false memories of a life in England as a cover. You have just activated the kill switch in his brain.

25. Orrelios

Feb 21, 2005
    It seems like the thread just stopped; what happened?