main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Official "The Clone Wars" Series Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by RevantheJediMaster, Jul 15, 2005.

Tags:
  1. Asharak

Asharak Jedi Master star 4

Apr 23, 2003

I agree Ashoka and Ventress had a good conclusion, the final arc of s5 worked very well as their last hoorah IMHO. The Maul story must be wrapped up though, and if that storyline isn’t, then Dave Fillioni outright lied in his announcement about the bonus content. He said they would wrap up the things that needed to be wrapped up, Darth Maul is the one major character that needs a definite conclusion.

2. Zorkel567

Zorkel567 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2010
    Why is that FIloni's fault? Multiple interviews Filoni gae said that he had plans for the ending, and George basically aid, "Very nice. I'll remember those down the line. But for now... yeah, we're notending it any time soon. TIme for another hundred!"

Filoni said multiple times that George had no intent of stopping anytime soon. If George had not sold it, the series would still have a good deal of seasons left most likely.

3. Sally_Mothma

Sally_Mothma Jedi Youngling

Mar 2, 2013
    I will be happy when all these conflicting reports are sorted out. I read that we'll see more content, but then read that the crew is disbanded... Nothing seems very clear right now!

4. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    Hmmm. The Dark Side clouds everything. Impossible to see, the future is.

VMeran, Ani501st and Circular_Logic like this.
  5. hlc88

hlc88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Well, what is not mentioned in that report, but has been mentioned on twitter by RebelForceRadio and JediNews is that a skeleton crew will remain to finish the work on TCW, so the majority of the crew is being disbanded, some will keep their jobs for a little bit longer while they finish off work, if what RFR and JN are hearing is true.

Sally_Mothma likes this.
  6. Darth_Harmon

Darth_Harmon Jedi Master star 4

Jul 4, 2005
    Ehh, I'm not quite believing this rumor about not even seeing the bonus content. They have episodes completed, they're going to release them.

7. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Yes they will and they better

InterestingLurker likes this.
  8. Coric

Coric Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 19, 2011
    If Maul hadn't have been brought in, I bet TCW would have had plenty of time to finish up story arcs that are now hanging.

Just saying.

fett 4, TaradosGon and JackG like this.
  9. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    I don't know how to feel.

10. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I feel nothing. Other than a few bouts of hysterical laughter.

K'Kruhk, fett 4, Coric and 2 others like this.
  11. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    Likewise stupid droids going on a pointless adventure.

K'Kruhk, fett 4, cwustudent and 2 others like this.
  12. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    Got it.

13. Jedifirefly5

Jedifirefly5 Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 5, 2012
    SW is now how Star Trek was after Gene died. Wityh it's captain gone the ships startee to flounder until the number one in syndication was cancelled. Enterprise was what happens when the vision is so far from what the creator envisioned, well, ir's like the Constituion, dead in all but name. I like the 'reboot' (which is also a cop out in my mind). But those people are not Kirk Bones and Spock.

14. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    I wouldn't say Star Trek floundered at all. The first 3 seasons or so of The Next Generation sucked, presumably because of Roddenberry; as did the films with the most influence from him (The Motion Picture). Deep Space Nine would likely never would have happened had Roddenberry been alive, and that is my favorite of the Star Trek series - and I believe Darth_Zandalor has stated similar sentiments towards DS9. Voyager I know the least about, so I can't comment on it in depth - though it had a successful 7 season run, I believe. Enterprise's failure I wouldn't say had anything to do with deviating too far from what Gene did, I would say quite the opposite. It tried to imitate story lines and character dynamics that had already been done by the previous series. All of Season 3's Xindi War seemed like a cheap, less interesting imitation of the Dominion War, etc. The show didn't take many risks in trying to find its own footing. IMO it was starting to get some traction in Season 4, but by that time it was too late and apparently CBS felt like Star Trek needed a "break."

Overall I would say that Star Trek found its greatest success (arguably outside of the initial two seasons of The Original Series) when Roddenberry was NOT in the picture. If anything that makes me optimistic for Star Wars without Lucas. The man created Star Wars, I think the OT was brilliant (though ROTJ hasn't aged well for me), but the franchise has outgrown Lucas and can't survive indefinitely on one man's imagination anymore than Star Trek could. Roddenberry, unfortunately died. Lucas is still around and if he were to ever want to write up a script for a Star Wars episode here and there (probably won't happen) in the future, I wouldn't oppose. But he didn't need to maintain total control over the franchise permanently. Star Wars will survive without him, and may even blossom like Star Trek did without Roddenberry.

15. Jedi Master Chuck

Jedi Master Chuck Jedi Master star 2

Mar 19, 2013
    I just joined the forum today, but I've been a Star Wars fan for the past 19 years. I first saw the Original Trilogy when I was 4 and they've been my favorite movies ever since. I love Star Wars like no other fictional series. I like the Prequel Trilogy, flawed as they might be. I respect George Lucas vision, and I've thoroughly enjoyed The Clone Wars series.

Although I never truly lost interest in the series, The Clone Wars has reinvigorated my love for Star Wars and sparked my imagination like few other series. To me, TCW stands with the best TV shows, including animation and live action, of the past decade (Chuck and Parks & Recreation being my other two favorite series).

Needless to say I was extremely excited back in November when the Sequel Trilogy was announced. I've wanted to see the adventures of Luke Skywalker, Han Solo, Princess Leia, Lando Calrissian, R2-D2, C-3PO, and Chewbacca post-RotJ up on the big screen ever since I first saw the movies.....but the cost is so great, my interest in the series has been crushed....I mean I'm sure I'll get hyped to see the movies when they're close to premiering but the premature cancellation of TCW has me greatly worried.

I feel like Disney has absolutely no artistic integrity. They disband the animation team responsible for TCW, in my opinion a significant benchmark in western animation.....

I joined just to make this post and now I feel like I'm rambling incoherently. I just can't put into words how disappointed I am that Dave Filoni and crew were so unceremoniously jettisoned from Lucasfilm. I feel like today it's TCW, but after Epiosde IX, it will be the entire series that is sacrificed. I feel like once we get Episode IX, that's the last we'll see of the characters and galaxy we've all come to love, replaced by all new characters, etc. in the movies to follow which Disney has already announced they'll churn out every 2 - 3 years.

The reason Star Wars has been such a cultural phenomena, is because they've shown the slightest bit of restraint. The prequel trilogy, and sequel trilogy have such immense support because they've waited so long between movies. I understand that the EU is largely contradicted by TCW and likely the ST. I still feel like the EU has an important place for fans. It's an alternate universe much like the original FMA anime to the manga / Brotherhood universe. I enjoyed parts of the NJO series and the young reader novels about Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon when I was a kid. Call it blasphemous, but I loved The Phantom Menace when it came out....I was 9 and it was awesome. I still like the movie. Jar Jar can be a tad annoying. There are some things I would've liked to see explained more. But overall? I still thoroughly enjoy the movie. Attack of the Clones, I have issues with Anakin's acting and the "romance" dialogue. Matt Lanter's Anakin in TCW largely addresses any of my concerns with Anakin's character in the PT. Revenge of the Sith, I really don't have anything negative to say beyond some wooden Hayden acting. I'm not saying he's abysmal, but he's the weak link in the chain. He's to Star Wars what Sophia Coppola was to The Godfather Part III in my opinion. The point is, I really enjoyed the Prequel Trilogy because, despite whatever flaws they may have head they just felt like Star Wars. I could see George's vision even if he had trouble in the script / directing department. Fans were eagerly awaiting the new movies, but imagine George Lucas had instead decided to churn out a new Star Wars movie every 2 years after Return of the Jedi. I think the series would be in a completely different state now and much of it's staying power would be lost. It wouldn't be the cultural icon that it is now. As it stands I can't think of any TV series that hasn't referenced or parodied Star Wars in some way...Chuck, That 70's Show, the office, Friends, Cheers, Frasier,Seinfeld, Parks & Recreation, The Simpsons, Family Guy, just to name a few of the more popular series of the past decade (and some of my personal favorites...Chuck was far less popular than it deserved). It just wouldn't have happened if the series wasn't made with such love and dedication.

I just can't believe that Disney is so willing to abandon the fans who have shown such fervent and dedicated support for the franchise for DECADES. Just by comparison, look at Warner Bros. treatment of Chuck....the show honestly had abysmal ratings in it's latter years, but had an extremely dedicated fanbase willing to show support through subway sandwiches. WB and NBC cut a deal to give the show a final 13 episode season to give a real complete ending...and even though the series is over Zachary Levi (along with Fedak and the rest of the cast) continues to encourage fans to petition WB through Kickstarter, letters, etc. to get a movie for the series. That's true dedication to your fanbase.

You can tell that The Clone Wars was made by real fans and Dave Filoni's direction was excellent. George Lucas proved himself to be great in the creative role given that he handed down the storyline for every arc of the series. The writing and animation teams were absolutely top notch. To see the series just trounced under Disney's feet as they march full speed toward the Sequel Trilogy and Star Wars "future" is just horrible. It's unfair to Dave Filoni and his crew. It's unfair to the fans. It's unfair to the Legacy of Star Wars. It's unfair to all those at Lucasanimation out of a job. It's like they're being punished for doing their job too well....there's just so much injustice.

I feel like we're entering the Dark Times of the Star Wars universe.

As much as I'm looking forward to Episode VII I was also equally interested in the future of Ahsoka Tano, Asajj Ventress, Hondo Ohnaka, Captain Rex, Darth Maul, and all the other great characters of TCW. I wanted to see Dave Filoni and his team move on to a new part of the Star Wars universe...the Dark Times, the era between RotJ and Episode VII....I want a complete story. I want to see George Lucas full vision for the story we've seen told over the past three plus decades. I don't want a half-assed rush to end every part of the series not related to the ST. I fear that after Episode IX we'll never have the opportunity to revisit the PT / OT era in the canon Star Wars universe. Do the chances of a canon TV series detailing the events of the Dark Times between III and IV really increase after Episode IX increases or will Disney instead see the opportunity to create their own Star Wars apart from all the characters, history and mythology of the current series? I just see less and less of the characters we've come to love over the past decades as the series progresses. There was so much wasted opportunity with TCW. I want to see Dave Filoni's team's full vision for what would have happened.

The idea that we could never see the S6+ content is greatly saddening. All I can say is I truly hope that Filoni and his team have the opportunity to resume work on the Dark Times era, giving us more of these characters, plus even more Star Wars greatness after the ST begins and all the hype wears thin.

There's so much more I wanted to say....but this is all for now. I hope for the best. I hope we can see more of Ahsoka, one of my all time favorite Star Wars characters. I hope we can see what happens to Darth Maul. I hope we see the conclusion to Rex journey. I hope we see what the future has in store for Asajj Ventress. I hope we can revisit the eras between movies in the future. The Sequel Trilogy and beyond is NOT the end all be all of Star Wars and it concerns me greatly that Disney is treating them as such.

16. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    No, the Dark Times began back in August 15, 2008. We are entering a new Filoni-less age in Star Wars. We should celebrate some more.

17. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I would actually like to see the future of a few of TCW characters, just not under Filoni.

fett 4, Togruta and GGrievous like this.
  18. Jedi Master Chuck

Jedi Master Chuck Jedi Master star 2

Mar 19, 2013
    I think Filoni has been a great influence on the series....I really enjoy his commentaries and the ideas he's brought forth. I think it's important to note he's collaborated directly with George Lucas and I think it's mad the series all the better. I think he's added so much to the series as a whole. I'd also like to acknowledge Joel Aron and Kilian Plunkett whose work I think is truly extraordinary. I feel like they absolutely need to be involved in any future Star Wars series. The animation and art direction in TCW are truly outstanding and anything less will feel like small potatoes at this point.

19. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    I'm pretty sure this is Filoni in disguise.

20. AnakinsOtherSon

AnakinsOtherSon Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 17, 2013
    I have said this numerous times all over the web...........THE CLONE WARS ended when Ahsoka walked away, I predicted she would walk away a very long time ago, when she saw her vision during the Mortis Arc I knew then what her destiny was, to just walk away from everything and everyone and she did just that, her character was saved and got out at the nick of time I am so glad she did I love Ahsoka and I am happy she has escaped from it all she is forever. Also, The STAR WARS movies ended when Anakin threw Palps down the reactor, after that nothing else matters. And to all the EU fans out there I have one word for you no offense and that word is simply NO.

By the way, I don't care what they decide to do with Ahsoka because I have already established, wrote, and are still writing my fan fiction/headcanon for her character from where the clone wars ended. "after leaving the order ahsoka and asajj disappear into the unknown regions, ahsoka completes her training under the tutelage of a mysterious extremely powerful female chiss force user who is neither Jedi nor Sith, Asajj and Ahsoka's new master become the first two of many of Ahsoka's long time allies/friends a la Obiwan and Anakin. Down the line they help a cloned Galen Marek locate and steal the plans for the first death star. Ahsoka her new Chiss Master and Asajj help fight against the empire but are not, i repeat, are not part of The Rebellion. The Cloned Galen Marek died obtaining the plans for the first death star, Cloned Galen gave them to Leia, Leia attempts to deliver them to Bail (STORY BEFORE A NEW HOPE). The real Galen Marek is still out there somewhere however."

Also, in my fiction STAR WARS THE FORCE UNLEASED 3 is the story told before A NEW HOPE (see above paragraph) during the events of this story Rahm Kota dies, Galen Marek's Clone dies much like his original dies "supposedly" but this time he covers Leia's escape so her Ahsoka, Asajj, and the new Chiss Master can escape with the plans. After this, Ahsoka, her new master, asajj, and Leia part ways and Leia rushes home to Alderaan to deliver the plans to her father...............then this is where A NEW HOPE begins.

This is how the story plays out in my eyes and thoughts, whether you like my fiction as a good idea or not its better than what disney is about to give us a million times better. I am writing stories for my enjoyment and to give the character I love a better chance than what disney and lucas are giving them. Don't know if these names ring a bell to you guys but also some other very important allies/characters that join up with Ahsoka, her new master, and asajj in my story continuing Ahsoka's life and various adventures include........Riyo Chuchi, Riyo Chuchi's Jedi sister (have not thought of a name for her yet), Petro, Katooni, Ganodi, Gunji, the little kit fisto boy, the ithorian boy, Omer and Jinx from season 3 or 4, Hando and his weequay pirates, a resurrected battle/combat ready various blaster weilding Padme (The Kaminoans with have something to do with her rebirth and newly acquried skills), and Darth Maul, yes I said it, he joins Ahsoka eventually. How and why you asked? well lets just in my fan fiction/headcanon he does die in Episode 1, his brother Savage does find him, but Maul kills Savage himself for a very good reason. (writing a story explaining the reasoning for that as well) Also, "my" Maul is not who he seems. I hate how the Clone Wars did his character that was pretty weak, his arc I just wrote off completely but that is just me. And down the road others join up with Ahsoka to, she is kind of like my new Commander Shepard.

What do you guys think? I know it maybe stupid but hey it makes me happy and it makes this disney thing more and more irrelvant to me everyday.

cwustudent likes this.
  21. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    No thanks, Luketano.

Zeta1127, Esg, K'Kruhk and 2 others like this.
  22. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    As my avatar is Liara, I feel the need to ask you what kind of connection Ahsoka has to Shepard.

Is it because they both hate the Council? :p

Circular_Logic likes this.
  23. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    We've already established that you are Filoni in disguise.

24. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    Source?

25. Sable_Hart

Sable_Hart Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 28, 2009
    Nice try. You'll just contradict it in the next episode.