main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Redundant, Counter-Productive Speculation Time Is Over: "The Star Wars" Announced

Discussion in 'Literature' started by CooperTFN, Feb 11, 2013.

1. BoromirsFan

BoromirsFan Jedi Master star 4

May 16, 2010
    so star wars 2013 will have a new issue every month? I thought DH was doing series of mini series now?

2. BoromirsFan

May 16, 2010
    On the dark horse forums someone posted a rumor that their big announcement may be something related to TCW ending.

Randy wrote something about "anyone can start rumors" or something. He said he isn't sure if the announcement is this week or next week I believe.

After reading people's posts on the TCW threads, and seeing that the team got disbanded I really feel sad about the whole thing. It would be amazing if DH could end the series but I don't mind if their big announcement is something else but equally good.

3. Zorrixor

Zorrixor Chosen One star 6

Sep 8, 2004
    Dark Horse to finish the story? [face_laugh] [face_rofl]

[​IMG]

4. BoromirsFan

May 16, 2010
    Well perhaps not....

5. instantdeath

instantdeath Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 22, 2010
    Let's just say that I seriously doubt this particular announcement has anything to do with TCW. I don't see the TCW cancellation as information that would been been free knowledge before the announcement. Dark Horse may do something with that, who knows, but not this time.

If I'm wrong, feel free to burn my house down.

6. BoromirsFan

May 16, 2010
    Yeah good points. I am just trying to think of something "big" that would fit DH. Legacy 2.0 was already announced....what could it beeeeeee?

7. instantdeath

Jul 22, 2010
    Well, it doesn't necessarily have to be connected to anything. Could be something unexpected or new. Would be a nice counter balance to a refinement of the old (the Brian Wood series, just a Star Wars series set in the familiar Rebellion era), and the resurrection of a favorite (Legacy).

8. AdmiralWesJanson

AdmiralWesJanson Force Ghost star 5

May 23, 2005
    KotOR Volume 2? Reenlistment of Baron Fel? Comic adaptations of Hand of Thrawn? Xim?

9. BoromirsFan

May 16, 2010
    As much as I love KotOR, would you guys really want to see it relaunched with a new character?

10. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    Yes.

I mean, I'd prefer Zayne & Co, but even without them I'd still like to see the overall Mandalorian War narrative "catch up" to the games.

BoromirsFan and Zorrixor like this.
  11. instantdeath

Jul 22, 2010
    I'd love to see practically anything in that area of the timeline. I think it would be great to star a high ranking general, Jedi or not, in the war. That way you could tell individual stories, battles from the war and stories of a more personal nature, and also feature Revan and Malak from an outsider viewpoint.

Yes, I still think Revan is cool [face_not_talking][face_beatup] Just don't feature the Exile, we'd have to call her Meetra Surik.

12. Zorrixor

Sep 8, 2004
    I'd not necessarily mind if it was a directly Mandalorian War story about a new character who fought under the command of General Surik. WAR showed people weren't overly keen on Zayne as a soldier, but a chance to see the Exile close up and the effect of the machinations of Revan and Malak would definitely be fun, even if that meant through a new character's eyes.

And, in a way, that could be exciting, as it could have the same thrill of "Is Zayne Nihilus???" but with a new character and us wondering if they will be Atton Rand or something.

And if this time JJM did make it turn out to be the case, even when we would this time be much more cynical about the chances than we were when we were all so convincded about Zayne, that'd be awesome.

13. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    At this point I've had it with teases and surprises. Everything has been bad, clone wars cancelled, aotc and rots 3-d cancelled, detours postponed (we all know what that means) Whats next? Marvel taking over star wars from dark horse?

14. Lugija

Lugija Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 3, 2009
    Will this new character become Darth Sion? Or Nihilus? When will we see Revan?
    I'm just tickling your nostalgia nerve.

The battle of Malachor should at least be shown somewhere, it's so big an event. Revan vs Mandalore and The Exile pushes the button.

15. CooperTFN

Jul 8, 1999
    Somehow I don't think Randy'd be the one announcing that.

BoromirsFan likes this.
  16. Zorrixor

Sep 8, 2004
    But what if it turned out the female protagonist of KOTOR Vol. 2 was the Exile, and "Meetra Surik" was just the alias she adopted to hide from the Jedi after Malachor. ]-}

...and now that I've just gone and said that, that story needs to happen, like right now.

JohnJacksonMiller please make it so!!! [face_praying]

17. Lugija

Oct 3, 2009
    It's The Exile. The is the first name.

Zorrixor likes this.
  18. BoromirsFan

May 16, 2010
    I wonder where exactly they would make this "big" announcement? The forums? Their website?

19. instantdeath

Jul 22, 2010
    They'll most likely write it in the sky. Location to be determined.

MistrX likes this.
  20. Zorrixor

Sep 8, 2004
    Well, if she was called The Exile, that'd kinda give away whether she was going to turn out to be the Jedi Exile. :p

Of course, if it was written by JJM, a character named The Exile wouldn't turn out to be the Exile. :p

21. CooperTFN

Jul 8, 1999
    Maybe it keeps getting delayed because they're waiting for a solar eclipse.

Of course, if they don't get it out there by April 1st I might need to have a little fun.

22. Lugija

Oct 3, 2009
    This reminded me of something...

23. CooperTFN

Jul 8, 1999
    Note to self: be wary of Lugija's forthcoming posts.

24. Lugija

Oct 3, 2009
    Just to mess with you, I will link to the big announcement.

25. Zorrixor

Sep 8, 2004
    Can't be anything worse than Mon Calamari vaginas.